„Did you feel pressured to provide only EXCELLENT ratings?“

dizneeat

DIS Veteran

AND …….

here we go again! :wave2:
Another trip over and we have some fun memories to share. :beach:

Who, do you ask, is WE? :rolleyes1

Well, first off there’s my dear brother Tom, mailman for the Austrian postal services and lover of all things Disney.

Then, there is me, Karin, teacher at a small Austrian country school by day and number cruncher and Disney vacation planner by night.

We both grew up reading Disney cartoons, but living in Europe we never “lived” Disney. In 1992 Tom and I planned our first visit to California and decided to spend a day at Disneyland during our visit. Once we had walked under the train station and had laid eyes on the castle we both were hooked.
In 2000 we went to WDW for the first time and in 2009 we went on our “once in a lifetime Disney cruise”. Well, we loved cruising so much that in February of 2014 we went on our 13th Disney cruise.

So, what does this trip include?

A VERY short stay at the Villas at the Grand Floridian,

A four night Bahamian cruise on the Disney DREAM,

and

A short WDW stay to experience the new FastPass+ system.

WE had an awesome vacation and a LOT of photos to prove it, so can I interest you to come along as we relive our February 2014 trip?

PS - don't come hungry ....... there will be a lot of food to be reviewed. ;) :lmao:

Trip report links

Day 1, February 15
Here we go again ……….. - Part 1
Here we go again ……….. - Part 2
Here we go again ……….. - Part 3
Here we go again ……….. - Part 4
Here we go again ……….. - Part 5
Here we go again ……….. - Part 6
Here we go again ……….. - Part 7

Day 2, February 16
„Are you on a Disney cruise right now?“ - Part 1
„Are you on a Disney cruise right now?“ - Part 2
„Are you on a Disney cruise right now?“ - Part 3
„Are you on a Disney cruise right now?“ - Part 4
„Are you on a Disney cruise right now?“ - Part 5

Day 3, February 17
Champagne and Mickey Bars on the veranda - Part 1
Champagne and Mickey Bars on the veranda - Part 2
Champagne and Mickey Bars on the veranda - Part 3
Champagne and Mickey Bars on the veranda - Part 4
Champagne and Mickey Bars on the veranda - Part 5
Champagne and Mickey Bars on the veranda - Part 6

Day 4, February 18
Big ship – beautiful small island - Part 1
Big ship – beautiful small island - Part 2
Big ship – beautiful small island - Part 3
Big ship – beautiful small island - Part 4

Day 5, February 19
Lazy day gone busy - Part 1
Lazy day gone busy - Part 2
Lazy day gone busy - Part 3
Lazy day gone busy - Part 4

Day 6, February 20
„We did not expect you quite that early“ - Part 1
„We did not expect you quite that early“ - Part 2
„We did not expect you quite that early“ - Part 3
„We did not expect you quite that early“ - Part 4
„We did not expect you quite that early“ - Part 5

Day 7, February 21
We CAN stick to our plans …. - Part 1
We CAN stick to our plans …. - Part 2
We CAN stick to our plans …. - Part 3
We CAN stick to our plans …. - Part 4
We CAN stick to our plans …. - Part 5

Day 8, February 22
Better than expected! - Part 1
Better than expected! - Part 2
Better than expected! - Part 3
Better than expected! - Part 4
Better than expected! - Part 5

Day 9, February 23
And we’re back ……..

Joining in! Every time I read one of your reports, I think "We've got to give cruising another try."

Yippie! I have a reader! :goodvibes
Great to have you here and you should definitely give cruising another try - it IS such a relaxed way to spend your time. Imagine ... something lovely and bubbly on the veranda. ;)

Yippie! I have a reader! :goodvibes
Great to have you here and you should definitely give cruising another try - it IS such a relaxed way to spend your time. Imagine ... something lovely and bubbly on the veranda. ;)

We took a Disney cruise a couple of years ago and, unfortunately, ran into a couple of not-so-pleasant castmembers followed by my husband's epilepsy showing it's ugly head. We're thinking that we'll be booking a May, 2015 cruise if they will ever come out with the itineraries.

I'm here!

Can't wait to read all about this adventure!

Jill in CO

We took a Disney cruise a couple of years ago and, unfortunately, ran into a couple of not-so-pleasant castmembers followed by my husband's epilepsy showing it's ugly head. We're thinking that we'll be booking a May, 2015 cruise if they will ever come out with the itineraries.

We have yet to run into those "not so magical" CMs on one of the Disney ships, but I do understand as our friend Michelle had a "not so fun" experience with a "character handler" in 2012. They cruised again this February, same time as us, but on the Fantasy and had an great time.
And I absolutely see where falling ill on a cruise can be so frightening.

You are not alone in waiting for DCL to release the rest of their 2015 itineraries. We would love to do another b2b on the Fantasy in late August, early September 2015. Tom and I are hoping that they keep their prices somewhat "reasonable" :rotfl2: so we can afford them. ;)

I'm here!

Can't wait to read all about this adventure!

Jill in CO

Yeah, Jill! I am so happy to have you here.

I should be able to start it off tomorrow (it's already close to 11pm here). So please stay tuned. :hug:

Reporting for duty. :lmao:

Looking forward to reading about and getting really full from the food pics. :rotfl2:

Joining in and reliving my Dream memories through u. It's hard to believe it's been two months since leaving the Dream. More difficult to believe is that I'm still on cruise day 1 in my TR.
Just so busy with my new promotion.... Earning more money to give to the mouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter