„Did you feel pressured to provide only EXCELLENT ratings?“

Great updates and pics. DHS looked like a fun day.

I had a krispy Kreme a couple of weeks ago and I cannot eat them anymore. They were so sweet.

Nice fireworks pics.

EE is the best in the front row. That is great you got to ride it twice.

Wow! 3 times. That is great.

55 minutes is a longtime but we have done it but nice you got your own row.

Nice safari pics.

The chicken curry looked good.

Nice pic of Devine.

Love the grilled cheese and soup but no dessert? That should not be allowed. LOL

Soarin' and Living With the Land are my 2 favorite things at Epcot besides drinking around the world.

I would have noted the girls name and reported it about Spice Road so they can do some more training with her.

The apple pie beer looks like moonshine. LOL.

Did the doughnut have filling? They actually look good.

Seems like a good day in MK.

Love the French Onion Soup at BOG. I want to eat the picture. LOL.

All caught up again.

Glad that the 30 minute wait for the Jungle Cruise was worth it for that fun skipper you got!

Mmm, lunch looks great. And thank goodness you checked your FP time for BTMRR.

I always get nervous when i'm in line for the train, thinking there's no way i'm going to get on with that little people getting off and so many people trying to board, but they really can fit a bunch of guests on there!

The grey stuff cupcake looks so good. I had it on a cookie type thing In March but everyone else always seems to have in cupcake form.

I am also guilty of the BOG fastpass shennanigans. It really does seem like everyone is on to it at this point. I'm not even sure I knew a single person that actually did receive the invitation.

I do love that master's cupcake....delicious!

Good to know I was not the only one who sneaked in. :rolleyes1
I could not agree with you more, that cupcake was delicious! :goodvibes

Great updates and pics. DHS looked like a fun day.

I had a krispy Kreme a couple of weeks ago and I cannot eat them anymore. They were so sweet.

EVERYthing is SO sweet in the US, but the KK doughnuts hot off the conveyor are heaven. :goodvibes

Nice fireworks pics.

EE is the best in the front row. That is great you got to ride it twice.

Wow! 3 times. That is great.

We love EE and to be able to ride it three times without a FP was just awesome. And to score front row twice was not bad either. :lmao:

55 minutes is a longtime but we have done it but nice you got your own row.

Thankfully there is a lot to look at in the line. And then having a row to ourselves was a real blessing. Free view on both sides. :thumbsup2

Nice safari pics.

The chicken curry looked good.

Nice pic of Devine.

Love the grilled cheese and soup but no dessert? That should not be allowed. LOL

I know, going to B&C and NOT having ice cream is a shame, but we could not have eaten one more bite when we left.

Soarin' and Living With the Land are my 2 favorite things at Epcot besides drinking around the world.

I would have noted the girls name and reported it about Spice Road so they can do some more training with her.

Ah, that would have been a good idea - we were just too stunned to think about that.

The apple pie beer looks like moonshine. LOL.

Did the doughnut have filling? They actually look good.

Yes, they were filled and so good! I think most of them were coffee flavoured. :thumbsup2

Seems like a good day in MK.

Love the French Onion Soup at BOG. I want to eat the picture. LOL.

All caught up again.

:thumbsup2

Glad that the 30 minute wait for the Jungle Cruise was worth it for that fun skipper you got!

It was more than worth it. That skipper was so funny, we all were in stitches.

Mmm, lunch looks great. And thank goodness you checked your FP time for BTMRR.

I always get nervous when i'm in line for the train, thinking there's no way i'm going to get on with that little people getting off and so many people trying to board, but they really can fit a bunch of guests on there!

It was amazing to see how many people they were able to fit onto the train when you saw how few really got off. They do a good job filling that train. :goodvibes

The grey stuff cupcake looks so good. I had it on a cookie type thing In March but everyone else always seems to have in cupcake form.

I did see your photo, Jen and it was the only time I saw it as kind of a cookie. But the cupcake was really yummy, you need to try that when you get back to WDW. :thumbsup2

Day 8, February 22

Better than expected! - Part 4

We had not planned to go right back to Main Street, so we got off at Toontown.
It was fun to take in all the new areas again

and when we reached it, we had a good look at the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train rails.

We then walked over to Tomorrowland

for the last ride of this trip, a leisurely journey on board the Peoplemover.

With a heavy heart we got off

and slowly strolled down Main Street,

turned around for that last photo of the castle

and proceeded towards the exit.

We knew it would be at least 13 months until we could return, so saying goodbye was not easy, but we had to. Soon we were back at our car and headed out of the Magic Kingdom area.

To be continued ............

Day 8, February 22

Better than expected! - Part 5

Soon we were back at our car and headed out of the Magic Kingdom area.
We still had one last stop to make, a stop at Downtown Disney. For years we had had the tradition of having one more meal at Wolfgang Puck’s Express before heading to the airport.
Well, this time we had had lunch at Be Our Guest and we did not feel like eating again right away, so we stopped at Wolfgang’s and picked up a sandwich to go. Sandwich in hand we headed back to the car and finally drove back to Old Key West. There was enough time to take a quick shower, and have a change of clothes for the way home. And then we found ourselves in the car,

heading past Mickey’s reminder to “Buckle up”

and out onto the motorway and towards the airport.

About half an hour later we returned our rental car and rolled our luggage over to check in. There was no one in line, so we did not have any wait at all and we quickly got rid of our bags and then strolled through the airport. We stopped at the food court area and sat in the large chairs opposite it and rearranged our carry ons, before we headed towards the security check.
But wait, there is another Disney Store, so we headed in there and picked up a few more goodies before finally joining the lines for security. The lines were backed up a bit and it took about 10 minutes until we had reached an officer who checked our passports and tickets. We were then pointed toward a line for security screening and right when we were going through they opened up a new line and we were second in line, so the security screening was a breeze. And once that was behind us, we walked over to the fake monorail

and walked towards our gate. We stopped at some of the shops and bought some sweets for the trip and some cold drinks before we made a stop at some benches to the side of the shopping area, where it was relatively quiet

and unpacked our Wolfgang Puck grub.

We had decided not to buy two portions, but to share one. So we opened the container and tucked into our

Chicken Aioli Sandwich, Provolone, Romaine, Tomatoes, Red Onions, Cilantro Aioli, served with Herb Seasoned French Fries. And even though the fries were cold it was still a yummy dinner. Once we had finished we made a short restroom stop and then headed towards our gate. We only had about a 20 minute wait before we were able to board. Our seats were at the very back of the plane, just one more row behind us. The plane pushed back right on time and another fabulous vacation was coming to an end. It did not take long and we were served drinks and snacks,

Soletti Pretzels and crackers, and since we were tired and full we took some sleeping aid, put on our noise reduction ear buds and closed our eyes. We must have gone to sleep in a very short time, as we completely missed dinner and while we woke up now and then, we both were able to drift off to sleep again and didn’t notice much of the flight.

To be continued ............

Hi Karin! Beautiful sunset pics from the Dream! Just looking at them made me feel relaxed! I love the way you finished off your trip with a few days in the parks! :cool1: a little fun, a little relaxation, a little food, a little drink. It was great that your villa was ready early. Nice to hear you were pleased with FP+ .

Oh how I hate the end of a trip.
You still had a nice last day and fit in a few extra fun things!

Hi Karin! Beautiful sunset pics from the Dream! Just looking at them made me feel relaxed! I love the way you finished off your trip with a few days in the parks! :cool1: a little fun, a little relaxation, a little food, a little drink. It was great that your villa was ready early. Nice to hear you were pleased with FP+ .

It was a really awesome vacation, with everything working out so well. Loved the VGF, the cruise was a DREAM and our short WDW stay worked out so well thanks to FP+.
I really hope we get to repeat that experience VERY soon. :goodvibes

Oh how I hate the end of a trip.
You still had a nice last day and fit in a few extra fun things!

Yes, the end of a trip is never fun, but at least we were able to sleep through the worst part, the long flight home. :laughing:

Nice report. It is always hard to leave for us, not being sure when we will get to come back, at least you and Tom have planned far enough ahead that you know when you will be back! :)

I was really far behind on this trip report. Let's see what I can remember.

Yum to the Krispy Kreme donuts! Yuck to the apple pie beer! :rotfl2:

I do love the grilled cheese at Beaches & Cream. So good! total comfort food.

What a fun evening at Epcot. I like the beer choices. I have to say that I found myself drinking mostly beer at food & wine. Nothing like a cold beer on a hot day.

Last days are always so sad, aren't they? I love the breakfast buffet at the Wave. It's one of my favs.

I can't wait to have a grey stuff cupcake as I did secure a dinner reservation there for February.

Glad you had time to stop for one final treat before heading to the airport.

What a great trip! Thanks for sharing!!!! :thumbsup2

I went back and read your Dream posts again simply because I can identify with them so much more. It rained on our Nassau day so your pictures looks much better than mine. One thing I learned - Nassau has terrible drainage during the rain. You just walk through ankle high puddles.

I enjoyed seeing your perspective again from the Cabanas. What I thought was weird was that I didn't see too many people in the Cabanas. Some of them still looked closed. Strange. Of course, I couldn't get too close because of the signs keeping the riffraff out. :rotfl2:

Having two days on Castaway Cay made us realize that we really liked the family beach so much better than Serenity Bay. Of course, we visited there both days late in the afternoon when everyone had already headed back to the ship. I was surprised at how early people head back to the ship.

:sad1:It is almost over-another trip report. Love the traditions and the new things of this trip.:sad1:

It looked like such a good trip. So sad when they end though, isn't it?

Great update and pics.

Sad that you were on your way home.

Nice report. It is always hard to leave for us, not being sure when we will get to come back, at least you and Tom have planned far enough ahead that you know when you will be back! :)

Thanks, Teresa!
Leaving is always so sad, good thing when you have another trip in the works. ;)

Great trip report! Glad you had a great time!

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!
It really was an awesome trip. Short, but great! :cloud9:

I was really far behind on this trip report. Let's see what I can remember.

Yum to the Krispy Kreme donuts! Yuck to the apple pie beer! :rotfl2:

Well said, Mary Ellen! :rotfl2:

I do love the grilled cheese at Beaches & Cream. So good! total comfort food.

It took me so long to give it a try and I totally fell in love with it. It is perfect comfort food. :thumbsup2

What a fun evening at Epcot. I like the beer choices. I have to say that I found myself drinking mostly beer at food & wine. Nothing like a cold beer on a hot day.

I don't drink beer (I am more the "drink with an umbrella in it" kind of girl :rotfl2:) but Tom loves to sample the different beers. And he really enjoyed those. ;)

Last days are always so sad, aren't they? I love the breakfast buffet at the Wave. It's one of my favs.

The only buffet that we really enjoy! So many yum choices. :goodvibes

I can't wait to have a grey stuff cupcake as I did secure a dinner reservation there for February.

It is really good. And you will love dinner there.

Glad you had time to stop for one final treat before heading to the airport.

What a great trip! Thanks for sharing!!!! :thumbsup2

WPE is always the last meal before we head home. We need to help out a fellow countryman - not that he needs it. :laughing:

I went back and read your Dream posts again simply because I can identify with them so much more. It rained on our Nassau day so your pictures looks much better than mine. One thing I learned - Nassau has terrible drainage during the rain. You just walk through ankle high puddles.

We have always been so lucky with the weather in Nassau. We only had one overcast day in the many days we have spent there, so your mention of bad drainage is totally new to me. Thanks for sharing.

I enjoyed seeing your perspective again from the Cabanas. What I thought was weird was that I didn't see too many people in the Cabanas. Some of them still looked closed. Strange. Of course, I couldn't get too close because of the signs keeping the riffraff out. :rotfl2:

I think people back out of renting them at the last minute sometimes. At least that was what our Cabana host told me when I had had a hard time getting one and then two of the ones at SB were closed.
But we really enjoy them, even though we spend a lot of time in the ocean too. I have very sensitive eyes when it comes to sunlight, so getting inside is just heaven for them and it helps with staying out at the beach all day!

Having two days on Castaway Cay made us realize that we really liked the family beach so much better than Serenity Bay. Of course, we visited there both days late in the afternoon when everyone had already headed back to the ship. I was surprised at how early people head back to the ship.

We love Serenity Bay, it is so much more quiet than the family beach. One trip we had friends who had kids and stayed on the FB and we visited them and holy cow, it was crowed and loud. Might have to do with the fact that we usually sail during the height of the season and when there are loads of kiddos on board. ;)

Hi Karin -

Another great trip for you guys. Loved reading about it.

When is the next trip? You guys have awesome vacations and it is fun to read about them.

Until next time. . . .

Riding the People mover is probably the best way to end a trip, IMO. It's nice and easy and you get to take in the sights of Tomorrowland and view the castle.:cloud9:

Good call on taking a sandwich to go (and share) at the airport.

The thing I enjoy about your TR's is that even though this one is ending, there is always another one going on :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter