‘McMissile’ moment lands mother in jail

wow is right. I guess I better stick to gestures and yelling like I've been doing! 2 years...people kill and get less than that!

That is over the top. This should have been a hefty fine and community service type of penalty. If jail time was necessary, maybe 30 days.

2 years in jail does not fit the crime, IMO. I know of someone who violently molested his own granddaughters and received only 7 years. This is ridiculous.

Sounds like some mandatory anger management counseling and some comunity service would be more appropriate. I do think it's a pretty major offense though. You can't just go around throwing things at people. I don't really feel like the fact that she has three kids is reason for her to receive a more lenient sentence, but it certainly is reason for her not to act like such an idiot!

Wow, a guy here only got 10 days jail time for his 6th DUI after he hit a marked police cruiser and permenantly disabled the police officer and she got 2 years!

WOW.

I do know when riding Motorcycles we use to carry a small bag of Penny's on the sides of our bikes. If you cut any of us off you were getting a custom Penny paintjob. It got so bad around here I sold all my bikes several years ago.

Of course she could have caused a fatal accident if the driver had lost control of his car due to being struck suddenly in the head! Then the charge would have been involuntary manslaughter.

Of course she could have caused a fatal accident if the driver had lost control of his car due to being struck suddenly in the head! Then the charge would have been involuntary manslaughter.
Don't get me wrong, I think what she did is serious. But, I do not think it warrants a sentence of 2 years in jail. Especially as a first offense. Sheesh, even for involuntary manslaughter, she probably wouldn't serve more than two years.

She's spent 30 days in jail already. She should get time served, community service and probation. I'm astounded that we can have multiple DUI people driving drunk and this woman gets 2 years. Unfreakingbelievable!

Sorry, but I think that this is a ridiculous claim. If you read the story, you see that traffic was barely moving. Not too many fatal accidents occur in gridlock.

I'm not excusing what she did, but I think the sentence is way over the top.

Ms. Hall is deserving of some punishment, but two years in prison is unjust and ridiculous. If there is any case that calls for a presidential pardon, this is it.

They don't mess around in Virginia. With so much going on in her life -- 3 children under 6, a husband that has spent multiple tours of duty in Iraq and a pregnant sister -- it looks like she just snapped. I don't think she should get to walk away scot free, but 2 years is jail? The judge has the option of not sentencing her to jail for 2 years and I certainly hope that he doesn't. Personally, I think she needs some sort of Anger Management program not 2 years in jail.

Ms. Hall is deserving of some punishment, but two years in prison is unjust and ridiculous. If there is any case that calls for a presidential pardon, this is it.

I have to agree with you on this one. It is too harsh, IMO.

There was a man who sold drugs to a teenager in my area, helped put the Heroin into a syringe and also inject the the 17 year old as well. The teenager went home, not feeling too well, went too bed in his house and died there. His parents found him dead when they came home work in the evening.

The dealer who did this only received a 5 year sentence and is now out of jail after serving only 2 and a half years. Trust me, there's a lot of people in my area who aren't too happy with that. It made the papers in my area.

I feel what that woman got was too harsh compared to what is getting off in our legal system.

When I was in High School in Virginia, a friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend. He came to where we worked part-time at night, got her in the parking lot and shot her 4 times. She lived, he got sentenced 2 years in the county lockup.

This woman threw a drink and got the same thing? :mad:

Community service, probation and anger management, yes. Jail, no.

Why didn't the whiny driver of the other car get a ticket for excessive lane changes? Obviously, his moves precipitated her actions. The whole reason this went this far is because she had no money for a decent attorney and got the public defender who could not care less what happened to his client (I know some pd's are great (I know several), but unfortunately too many just don't give a flip.)

Sharon

I've thrown full cans of Diet Pepsi at cars for doing the same thing. I've never been charged with a felony for doing so.

Gotta be the dissenter here. I think they ought to crack down on stuff like this right away. 2 years seems good. Ought to deter people in the future.

You just can't have people doing stuff like this. It's dangerous and, IMO, ought to be nipped in the bud.

Kids around here were tossing stuff off bridges. Got their hands slapped (when caught)...until some woman died. THEN they started cracking down on them and it ended. Why wait until someone dies?

If you are playing traffic games, you go to jail.

This is one reason I'm not an elected official. :)

I never thought I'd do this, but I agree with Cool-Beans. Road rage is road rage. A cup filled with ice is what she had at hand, but what if it had been something not nearly so innocuous? What if it had hit the other driver just right, and caused her to lose control of her car? She lost control of herself, WHILE she was behind the wheel of a car, and WHILE she had small children in the car. Not that has anything to do with the charge, but if she acted with such disregard in a position of such responsibility, she cared not for the repercussions of her actions, and needs a little legal punishment to teach her.

Two years seems like a lot, yeah, and I wish that judges had more leeway with extenuating circumstances, but she definitely deserves something more than a slap on the wrist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter