“D-I-S-N-E-Y” “Mimi, did you say Disney?” June PTR 6/12 Final Update

Hello everyone and WELCOME to my first PTR!

All aboard! Please keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle, please remain seated at all times, and enjoy the ride. :thumbsup2

When: June 13-18
Where: Disney World, of course!
Why: Graduation and somebodys first trip
Who: Mom, Dad, Jessica, and me

It all started when I got a little letter from my number one. It was quite tragic. Id been waitlisted. :sad1: The day before wed been making arrangements to fly across country to look at my dream school. The day we were about to book the flight the letter came. It was sad. But when Mom proposed using the airline credits to go to Walt Disney World I was instantly on board!

Your Faithful Crew:

Jessica : My 5 y.o. niece. She lives with us and is basically my little sister. Shes a bundle of joy, plus some tears and tantrums every once in awhile but she is 5. This will be Jessicas first trip to Disney World!! Its a surprise though so shhh! dont tell her. Jessica loves the princesses, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Doc McStuffins, Nemo, Tangled, pretty much everything Disney. Shes in Kindergarten this year.

Momsy & Popsy: Disney veterans. Theyve both been to Disney countless times (theyve actually lost count). Mom loves Donald and Dad loves well everything. Theyre big fans of the Adventurers Club and quite sad it closed down. It was especially hard on Dad. Dads a biggg Star Wars fanatic (unfortunately were missing Star Wars Weekend by one week). Their last Disney vacation was Aug. 2008 (for the closing of the Adventurers Club).

Me (Grace): Ive been to going to Disney World since I was two years old. A pure-bred Disney fanatic. I collect pins, I love taking pictures and looking at picture of Disney World, its really all I talk about. I love watching Disney movies, listening to the Wishes soundtrack, reading TRs, creeping on my friends Disney pictures. Im obsessed. When Im not obsessing over Disney, or drowning in homework, I play volleyball and softball, and make videos. And scrapbooking.. I love scrapbooking. And Im obsessed with Dance Moms! My last time Disney vacation was Aug 2008 but the last time I was at Disney was Oct. 2010 for my Sweet Sixteen.

Departure:
The week after high school graduation! Being my parents baby this will probably be an emotional trip.

Destination:
The World! Not sure which hotel. Since its sort of last minute trip were going low key low budget (we got a grad party, and soon college to pay for!).
Either All-Star, Art of Animation, or The Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa. Mom and Dad stayed at Buena Vista a couple of times and really really like it there. Personally Im a fan of staying on property, but thats just me.

Now that we covered the who, when, and wheres back to the story!

So a dreary letter leads to a brilliant idea on Moms part... Disney! :cool1: When Mom told my sister we want to go to D-I-S-N-E-Y and Jessica says Mimi? Did you say Dissssnnneyyyy?! try as she did to deny it she may have ruined the surprise. But Jessicas young so were thinking shell forget.

We booked the flights that night, getting in at 11am on the 13th and flying out at 9pm on the 18th, we give ourselves a nice six days and five nights. Hotel planning will happen sometime in the near future (hopefully my pick will win). Right now the deal extends until June 12, so Im assuming that on Apr. 1 they will put out a deal from June 13 thru August that will be perfect for us. At least Im hoping they will!

Mom and I will be the head planners for the trip, as we usually are. Dad will go with the flow but make sure his few demands are met. And Jessica will just be so surprised when we wake her up and tell her shes going to Disney!

More soon!

I LOVE IT! :cheer2::cheer2:

Two years ago, my dh and I surprised our three kids (then 4 months, 4 and 6) with a trip to the Magic Kingdom. There were many, many whispered conversations (some by phone, as my MIL also came along) and lots of speaking in code. We flew in from Dallas and my MIL flew in from NJ. We told the kids we were flying to NJ to surprise their grandmother - specifically, we told them we were flying to Orlando, NJ (so that when they heard "Orlando" over the plane's loudspeakers they wouldn't be confused). *ROFL* The airport staff were AMAZING - they do this all the time. When a skycap said, "Welcome to Orlando!" I said, "Yep, we're happy to be in NEW JERSEY to SURPRISE our grandmother" and winked ferociously. Without skipping a beat he responded, "Yep, Orlando New Jersey. You have a great time!"

They ran up to my MIL at the airport (thinking they were surprising her), then she handed them the Magical Express tickets.

I love surprises! I hope you're able to keep this a secret from your niece - this will be one heck of a fun surprise for her! pixiedust:

Nice, start loving it so far.:coffee:
Thank you :goodvibes glad to have you here!

I LOVE IT! :cheer2::cheer2:

Two years ago, my dh and I surprised our three kids (then 4 months, 4 and 6) with a trip to the Magic Kingdom. There were many, many whispered conversations (some by phone, as my MIL also came along) and lots of speaking in code. We flew in from Dallas and my MIL flew in from NJ. We told the kids we were flying to NJ to surprise their grandmother - specifically, we told them we were flying to Orlando, NJ (so that when they heard "Orlando" over the plane's loudspeakers they wouldn't be confused). *ROFL* The airport staff were AMAZING - they do this all the time. When a skycap said, "Welcome to Orlando!" I said, "Yep, we're happy to be in NEW JERSEY to SURPRISE our grandmother" and winked ferociously. Without skipping a beat he responded, "Yep, Orlando New Jersey. You have a great time!"

They ran up to my MIL at the airport (thinking they were surprising her), then she handed them the Magical Express tickets.

I love surprises! I hope you're able to keep this a secret from your niece - this will be one heck of a fun surprise for her! pixiedust:

That's so funny! That must have been hilarious them not knowing they were actually in FL :rotfl: My parents surprised me in 2008. A few days before the day we were supposed to fly out Mom handed me an envelope and told me I got mail. It was from Disney World, when I opened it it said they couldn't wait to see us in a few days. I was so shocked and excited I couldn't stop smiling! I know my niece will love it!

So exciting for your little sister. She will be so excited that morning!! Glad to find your PTR and read along!:thumbsup2

Hello lovely disers!

Were adding a member to our trusty crew!!! Drum roll please..

(Us last year)

Jill: Everyone meet mi mejor hermana (big sister)!!! My lovely sister is 23. Shes been going to Disney since the womb, shes been many times. She is the lovely mother of Jessica, my niece, and has decided to join us in our excursion to The World! She loves Eeyore... like dies when she sees him. I think her last Disney trip was 2003.. maybe? Its been a long time for her regardless.

Its safe to say were Disney people. Wed rather go to Disney than basically anywhere else, and I cant understand why you wouldnt!

Quick Real Life Update

Last night my friend took my friends and I to her dad's restaurant, it was amazingggg! I've been there a few times before but my food last night was to die for! I thought I'd share a few pics with you guys! :goodvibes

phone018_zps4503b85a.jpg

Treat from the chef, Fish Cakes :flower3:

phone033_zps238a2d58.jpg

Our appetizer, Honkey Fries

phone047_zps97d976f6.jpg

My swordfish :lovestruc

Desserts!

phone041_zps50cdb75f.jpg

Matt's Creme Brulee

phone039_zps09cfaaca.jpg

Meg's Chocolate Cake

phone036_zpsd6345713.jpg

Christiana's Magic Cookie Bars

phone040_zpsc4203e44.jpg

My Apple-Walnut Crisp

I honestly cannot even stress how amazing everything was. I was truly in heaven :angel:

phone003_zps958fbdae.jpg

Matt and I

phone006_zps05b8e902.jpg

Meg, me, Christiana

Anyways! We pulled out the PassPorter today so plans soon to come!

That food looks amazing!! So pretty too!! I have a dream to open my own restaurant one day!! Can't wait to hear your plans!

Attention! Attention! It’s official, we’re staying on property!!! :cool1:

After weighing the options and pricing it out we agreed that staying at Port Orleans Riverside would be the same price as staying at Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa with a shuttle from the airport. So it’s safe to say I’m a happy camper because we’re staying on property!

I'm a bit of a Disney snob :snooty:. Having been spoiled by Disney and Disney hotels at a very young age I had always just assumed everyone stayed on property. It was news to me when my friend invited me to Disney with her family and we were staying off property. I was in shock! :eek: It was a first for me. So it brings me great joy to know we are staying on property with all the little perks that come with those magical two little words.. on property :lovestruc

So it’s official! We’re staying at Port Orleans Riverside from June 13 - June 18. Who’s excited?! I know I am!

Port-Orleans-Riverside-054.jpg

Port-Orleans-Riverside-059.jpg

Port-Orleans-Riverside-034.jpg

Port-Orleans-Riverside-070.jpg

(Photos from wdwinfo)

We stayed at Riverside in 2000 back when it was still Dixie Landings. Regardless, I’m still pretty excited and I know that Jessica will love the hotel and the pool no matter where we stay.

That’s all for now, more soon! :wave2:

That food looks amazing!! So pretty too!! I have a dream to open my own restaurant one day!! Can't wait to hear your plans!

It really was! Thank you!! I've always wanted to open a restaurant one day as well, it seems like so much fun! I can't wait to share my plans with you too!! Glad to have you here!

Hi all! :wave2:

Just a brief update starring my lovely Disney countdown calendar anddd a small dance party cause 80 DAYS!! :cool1:

Its crazy to think that by the time I go to Disney world Ill have gone to my last prom, graduated from high school, and know where Im going to college next year! Thats a lot of big stuff in less than 80 days!

Its late and I just wanted to share my countdown calendar with you quickly before I headed off to bed! I'll make sure to post a better picture tomorrow. Mom and I thought of some really cute plans to make this trip extraordinarily special for Jessica. More tomorrow!

Real life update

Hi everyone! Happy April and late happy Easter! Hope you all had a fabulous relaxing weekend!

I was in Philadelphia for the weekend for volleyball which was extremely fun! Id never been before, at least not outside of the airport. I didnt venture far from our hotel because I had a tournament in the convention center connected but I did go to Maggianos Little Italy! Loveee the food there its so delicious! We got the family style light and ordered Caesar salad, calamari, and spinach artichoke dip for our appetizers and for our entrees we ordered fettuccine alfredo and spaghetti & meatballs. It was all really good, at least what I had was.

Table with our appetizers. So delicious! :lovestruc

There was a marketplace under the convention center we were playing at so we went there a lot. It was so cool! I got a bagel at one shop, pancakes at another, and chocolate for home. It was all so good. It was like Faneuil Hall only bigger and better and much busier. It was really crazy!

The hotel was all decked out for the tournament we were at. Ive been to this tournament a few times before only in Baltimore and we never got as much of a welcome as we did in Philly.

The front door of our hotel

The elevators in the lobby

There were banners on all the pillars in the lobby and a big sign on the entrance of the hotel and the street lamps have signs that said NEQ. It was really cool. We all kept saying how it was so awesome to be a part of something so big.

The hotel was really nice it was the Downtown Philadelphia Marriott. It was huge! Flying was my favorite part of the trip, though. I love to fly and I love airports! The day we flew out it was late and raining and icky but the city looked so stunning when we landed. I wanted to take a picture but Im one of those people that actually turns their phone off for landing and take off because if the planes control do get messed it sure as heck is not going to because of me! Anyway, by the time I even contemplated turning my phone on to snap a pic I realized it would too long for my phone to load and I wouldnt be able to get the picture anyway. So I just stared out the window and took it all in. It was really gorgeous.

On the way back it was sunny and beautiful and it was awesome to be in the sky on such a lovely day.

I did miss Jessica, though, and my mom. Mom usually comes on trips with me but we decided, me being 18, I could go at it alone and we put the money towards Disney. I will say the other girls having their moms around did make me a little jealous and miss my mom. (Shes going to read this, which is quite embarrassing). But I survived, clearly.

When I got home Jessica was running around the front yard with bubbles that the Easter bunny had left for her! She also got a My Little Pony that she gets to color and decorate herself, a magic Slushy maker, candy and a few other things. She loves the slushy maker, today we made an apple juice slush.

She looks a little crazy in this picture, but I swear she isnt. :goodvibes

There isnt much else to report on.
Other than we all agreed were going to tell Jessica the morning we go when we wake her up. Were also going to give her a scavenger hunt - esque list of things to collect and do over the course of the trip, from Mickey, of course. Were also going to have a note each day were there from a different character who has planned the schedule for the day and an outfit for Jessica. And were going to leave one day as a Jessica decides what to do day. Im so excited! It seems so far but so close at the same time! I cant wait!

Pins, pins, pins, pinssss! I love Disney Pins! I have for as long as I can remember. I wanted to share my lovely pin history with all you lovely people.

It all started with a hat. A very attractive hat, might I add. Id describe it as a safari hat but Im almost positive that is an incorrect description. Anyway, we (Jill and I) had hats that my mom bought us (they matched it was great). These lovely, beautiful hats housed our pins. I was quite young so Im not sure what came first, the hat or the pins, but that is beside the point, we had lovely pin hats. We both had a few pins, most of them were the same but some were more specific to our personal likes. I was.. am.. a Tigger and Tinkerbell fan, where my sister is a eeyore and grumpy fan. Its quite ironic because Im happy, goofy, jumpy, and sassy and she is grumpy, sleeps a lot, and eeyore esque, not in a bad way, though; in a loveable big sister kind of way.

Some of the awesome pins that were housed on my awesome hat.

pins008_zps467cc2e3.jpg

I was pretty obsessed with this pin in particular, the world in the middle rotates to be the Epcot ball and I thought it was the greatest thing in the world.

These were up there on the wicked cool list too

As you might have noticed the awesome hats became part of our lives in 2000.

In 2001 my collection grew, we added some of the puzzle pieces to the mix as well as some random pins I found extremely cool.

pins015_zpsee933114.jpg

I acquired these awesome Toy Story 2 pins along the way. I was absolutely obsessed with Toy Story 2 and infatuated with Jessie. Everything was Jessie.

pins017_zpsb5e55c47.jpg

pins016_zps32971901.jpg

Puzzle pieces :)

pins009_zps02bd1b48.jpg

I got these at Chef Mickeys from a cast member. I remember as soon as I saw them I had to have them. They were so different than any other pins I saw and I just loved them. I also remember I traded one of my puzzle pieces for it. When we got back to the hotel I was really sad that I had to trade my really cool puzzle piece even though I was happy that I got the even cooler Donald and Disney ones. ( I have this complex where I get really really sad when I give up, or lose, or forget something I really really like. Last weekend I left my favorite water bottle at a volleyball tournament and it still makes me sad when I think about it). I was apparently so sad that my dad went online and bought another one! Best dad award material right there!!

pins011_zpsc917199b.jpg

I got this one when I went on Rock n Rollercoaster for the first time. When we went in 2000 I got to the front of the line and chickened out, the guy at the entrance saw how scared I was so he said I wasnt tall enough so it didnt look like I bailed on it. What a nice guy. In 2001 when we went back I had enough courage to go on Rock n Rollercoaster... with my eyes closed, of course.

Last time I went on a family trip to Disney World was 2008 and I got a lottttt of pins that year.

pins020_zps12c46508.jpg

This was when I decided I want to get a pin from every hotel I stay in! And that I want to stay in them all!

pins021_zps63ae48f2.jpg

pins023_zps4f3541b1.jpg

Yes, technically this is not a pin but this was the trip we spent most nights in the Adventurers Club. One of the characters gave me this the last night we were there. I was really sad that it closed down because it was so amazing and all of the characters were so funny and it really was great. Also it made me sad because both my parents loved it so much. I remember being extremely sad cause my dad wanted to get a picture with his favorite character on our last night there but she left before we got the chance. It made me so sad for him.

pins024_zpsf79ba295.jpg

Another AC pin

pins026_zpsa7573310.jpg

pins027_zps7f7160c0.jpg

pins029_zps2b441ad8.jpg

On our first day at Magic Kingdom the first character I saw was Stitch, when I was getting my picture with him he asked when he wasnt on my lanyard and I told him I would make sure to get a Stitch pin right away. So I went into the closest store and got the coolest Stitch pin.

pins030_zps2085ac85.jpg

pins031_zps9ac54da4.jpg

pins033_zps2987c330.jpg

My favorite Tink pins acquired on this trip. I especially love the Minnie Mouse dressed as Tink one!

pins039_zpsb479170a.jpg

In 2010 I went to a Pin Trading conference at the Disney Store in NYC. I got this while I was there!

pins045_zpsd8e91fd3.jpg

pins046_zps53712dc3.jpg

pins050_zps6143621b.jpg

pins052_zps5386948c.jpg

These are some of my favorite I have right now.

I get really sad when I trade ones I like because it makes me sad to see them go. So I sometimes buy packs of four even if I only like one or two of them cause then I can trade the others.

Those are most of my pins, and all for now. Im so excited to add more to my collection and to start Jessicas collection with her.

Hi all! Just wanted to stop in and say 63 more days!!! :cool1:

Jessica and I have April vacation next week and we are extremely excited, at least I know I am.

I also wanted to share with you this video I made! I just won a Student Emmy award for it which is pretty cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny6J_ZsCZ9c

Hope you enjoy if you get the chance to watch it!

Aloha! Just wanted to do a quick 60 DAYS update! :cool1:

Yesterday Mom and I were out and we got Jessica this really cute outfit for the first day.

And we got this book that looks pretty cool

It's full of little quizzes and trivia questions that are designated for each ride for while you wait!

More soon!

Hi all. Today was a real shocker. My mom and I were out shopping when we heard about what had happened in Boston. The people in the dressing room were talking about how some had been injured but they didn't know if anyone had been killed. It was really sad because we're from Massachusetts, very close to Boston. I have friends that go to Emerson, Northeastern and many of the colleges in town that were in lockdown, I know people who ran the race and I had friends who had just gone to Boston for the day. It was so surreal. We have been praying for everyone who was injured and the families of the two who died. It is just still so shocking that something like this would happen.

I wanted to address what had happened before posting because it is something that literally hit home and I didn't want to just dismiss it.

Today while we were at the outlets we got some nice finds.

We got this pillowcase dress from Hanna Anderson for Jessica for Disney for a Donald themed day

and we got this bathing suit, we're also going to get a bathing suit from the Disney Store we just haven't decided which one. Also from Hanna Anderson

Mom and I loveee Vera Bradley, we have a Vera Bradley outlet near us and today everything was 50%.

Mom got this smartphone wallet for nights when we want to go the parks but don't want to bring a bag so we can put all the park passes and cards that we need in one safe place.

And I got this pants from Ann Taylor because I just absolutely love them!

56 days until Disney and Ive decided to instill a Disney Classics Challenge! Jessica and I are going to watch all of the Disney classics so shes up to date when were at the parks.

Today we watched The Aristocats and a little later were going to watch The Little Mermaid. Jessica loves the movies once she sees them but shes very resilient to watch new movies. She loves her Dora movies and her Chipmunks movies. And shes a big fan of Jake and the Neverland Pirates as well as Doc McStuffins. Jessica loved The Aristocats. She loveeess cats in general so I knew she would love it. She loves Everybody Wants To Be A Cat and was singing along by the end of movie. Personally I havent seen Aristocats in so long I actually forgot a lot of the movie. Aristocats is one of our family favorites. Marie has always been my favorite!

Watching The Aristocats gave me such a sense of nostalgia. Especially watching with Jessica because it's so funny to me how much she loves it because she's just like a mini me! I hadn't seen it in so long.

While watching I had to tweet about it because I love it so much!

Duchess is so classy

Animation blows my mind

Why did I never realize how strange it was that the cats were painting, playing piano and singing when I was little #aristocats

If I turnout to be a cat lady I want to be a cat lady like Madame #aristocats

Honestly Duchess is just so classy, I aspire to be like her. Being a future film major I understand all aspects of movies EXCEPT animation. I just can't grasp it!! It's far to complex for my little mind. I'll definitely have to go to the Animation Pavilion this trip!

Without further a due, I give you .... :wizard:

The Disney Classics Challenge:

Aladdin
Alice in Wonderland
The Aristocats
Bambi
Beauty and the Beast
Brave
Bugs Life
Cars
Cinderella
Dumbo
Enchanted
Finding Nemo
Fox and the Hound
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Jungle Book
Lilo & Stitch
The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
Mary Poppins
Monsters, Inc.
Mulan
One Hundred and One Dalmatians
Peter Pan
Pinocchio
Pocahontas
Princess and the Frog
Up
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White
Tangled
Tarzan
Tinkerbell Series
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day
Wreck It Ralph​

I think those are all the important ones! Did I miss any?!

Shes seen a lot of these already but were going to do a crash course over the next few weeks.

Soon to come: A blast of Disney trips from the past!

With everything happening in Boston right in our hometown Ive been trying to focus my time on Disney planning to keep from getting too scared. It is all just so surreal. So in attempt to stay calm a made a list. I lovee lists. I made my must do lists.

Disney Must Dos w/ Jessica

Magic Kingdom
- Fantasyland
- Princesses, Fairies, Mickey & Gang
- The Great Goofini
- Small World
- Wishes
- PeopleMover
- Dream Along With Mickey
-Tea Cups
- Enchanted Tales w/ Belle
- Dumbo
- Peter Pan
- Mickeys Philharmagic
- Buzz

EPCOT
- Nemo & Friends
- Soaring
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Spaceship Earth

Disney Hollywood Studio
- Disney Jr. Show
- Toy Story Mania

Animal Kingdom
- Safari
- DinoLand
- Camp Mickey Minnie
- Nemo Show
- Lion King Show

Personally my disney must dos (in addition to all of the above) are:

- Be Our Guest
- Space Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Mission Space
- Star Tours
- Tower of Terror
- Expedition Everest
- Kakigori
- Tonga Toast!!! (Read about this in one of AGPrincesss TR forever ago and Ive always wanted to try it!)

Ive also started planning each day. More on that later.

Jessica and I watched The Little Mermaid last night. Were on April Vacation so we let her stay up late and we made a movie night of it. We got popcorn and a candy bar. She loved it! I had to explain most of it to her, who Ursula is, why she didnt have voice, when the scary parts were coming, etc.

In honor of our mermaid-movie night I gave Jessica a mermaid braid

At the end when Eric steers the boat into Ursula Jessica goes She died. Too bad. It was so funny. Shes been asking all day if we can watch it again. I told her we would watch it later because right now, as I type, were watching Pocahontas. This was my first Disney movie. When I was little I couldnt pronounce Pocahontas so I called her cahontas, at least thats what my mother tells me.

So that's two more movies off the list!

I also wanted to share this awesome Mickey head that LadyB made for me! Her thread on the Disign Boards is awesome!

Things to look forward to in the near future: The great debate: Disney Dining Plan Yes or No?; Day plans; Disney flashbacks; and more! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter