“D-I-S-N-E-Y” “Mimi, did you say Disney?” June PTR 6/12 Final Update

Hi all!

So heres the plan for day 1!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wake up bright and early, approximately 5 AM.
Wake Jessica up! Tell her!!!!
Hop in the car and head to the airport! Wooo!
Get to the airport about 6:15/6:30 AM. Check in, do luggage, go through security, etc.
Flight 8 AM! Wooo!!! And were off!!!!
Land at MCO about 10:45 AM. Get on the Magic Express!
Arrive at our home for the week Port Orleans Riverside:lovestruc !!!! Yayyy!!! Check in, see our room, give Jessica her letter and gift from Mickey!
Head to MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!:cloud9: (About 1PM/2PM) Eep! Im so excited!
First thing to do in MK is castle pic!!!!
Next run and get fastpasses to see the princesses or Mickey. Jessica's going to be so excited to meet all the characters!
Be Our Guest for lunch if time allows (which I certainly hope it will!)
Catch the 3PM A Dream Come True parade! None of us have seen this before or at least no in an extremely long time.
Head to Fantasyland and explore the Kingdom!! Ride all the new rides and check out all the new areas.
5PM/6PM Dinner at Peco Bills. We love it there
Explore the rest of the Kingdom. Meet some characters. Ride some more rides.
9PM Wishes!!!!
Head out after Wishes because we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow and nobody likes a sleepy, grumpy 5 year old!!!

This is Mickeys letter to Jessica that Ill put in the room to make it look like Mickey left it for her.

Ahhh I'm so excited!!!!!

Please enter to the right, take a seat, and please do not touch any buttons. Ladies and gentlemen, we’re going back in time (*time machine noises*) pixiedust:

Back to the year 1996. The year of my first Disney trip EVER!
Do prepare yourselves for the adorableness that is soon to come.

Two year old me!

This trip was my mom, my dad, my two sisters (Kelly and Jill) and me!

We stayed at the Polynesian

Back when they had the cool pool and a swimming characters

and we stayed at All-Star Sports

(That’s Mom’s favorite picture)

When I was little I was notorious for stealing napkins from restaurants, also for hiding under the table during meals.

We did lots of things in Disney

We rode Dumbo

Visited the characters’ homes

We rode the Tea Cups

Saw parades

Met my girl Pocahontas

Esmeralda

Wore snazzy ponchos

Swam!

It was just an all around fun time!

Soon to come "Disney 2000, the beginning of the Pin Hats!"​

Hi everyone!!

18 DAYS TIL DISNEY!!! This has really snuck up on me! The past few weeks have been so busy! I'm done with school, had my last prom, we had senior night for our last home softball game, its been quite emotional seeing as we're doing everything for the last time. But now in less than two weeks I'll be graduating and in less than three weeks I'll be in DISNEY WORLD! :cool1:

My mom and I are going in town to shop but when we get back prepare yourselves for a JUMBO UPDATE with new clothes, prom pictures, Disney plans, daily letters, and more.

Be back soon!

Hi all! 15 DAYS!!!! Here is the Jumbo Update I promised!!

Day 2 Plans -June 14th

Wake up and get ready for a day of funness at about 7 AM.
Get ready, grab a quick snack to start the day and head out.
Catch the bus to Animal Kingdom(!!) for rope drop 8 AM.
First things first, Kilimanjaro Safari!! Jessica is obsessed with animals and she’s going to die on this ride.
Grab Expedition Everest fastpasses.
Head to Camp Mickey Minnie (maybe It’s Tough To Be A Bug on the way).
See Lion King 10:30 AM show.
Meet Pocahontas 11:15 AM.
Finding Nemo - The Musical 12:00 or 1:00 PM.
Everest (whenever fastpasses are).
Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ/Pizzafari or Restaurantosaurus 12:30-1:30 PM.
It’s Tough To Be A Bug (if we didn’t earlier).
Character in Discovery Island.
Conservation Station (If time).
And if weather permits Kali River Rapids.
Leave 2:30/3:00 PM head back to PORS.
Chill out at PORS. Nap timeee.
Head to Magic Kingdom 5:30/6:00 PM.
Dinner at Columbia Harbour House
Go on some rides
Characters
Electrical Parade 9:00PM

Day 2 Letter for Jessica

Prom

May 17th was the Junior Prom, which at my school seniors are invited to because we don't have Senior Prom. I went with my two best friends Matthew and Christiana.

The prom was Masquerade themed so there was a photo booth with lots of accessories to try on. Prom was so much fun.

Matt, Christiana and I with our favorite teacher

New Clothes

I got this dress for graduation but I'm also wearing it on Father's Day for our Kona breakfast

My mom got Jessica this dress for the Father's Day Kona breakfast

We have a tradition were we all match for one day of the trip so we got the Old Navy Fourth of July t-shirts

Mom's

Mine

Jill's

Jessica's

Dad's

And we got this shirt for Dad for a Father's Day present

Movie Marathon
Recently I set up the VCR and have been obsessed with watching Disney movies. I've been really sad because I don't have any of the ones I wanted to watch so yesterday Matt, Christiana and I went on an adventure to find all of the Disney movies that I don't have on VHS or DVD. We rented 21 DVDs and VHS tapes from 3 different libraries.

Jessica came home while we were in the midst of our movie marathon. She watch Tarzan, Mulan and Little Mermaid with us. She absolutely love Tarzan, she thought it was so funny, Mulan was scary for her, and Little Mermaid is her request.

So far Christiana and I have watch Princess & the Frog, Monsters, Inc., Hercules, Tarzan, Mulan, Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger Movie, and Pocahontas.

We have many many more to go but so far Hercules is by far my favorite.

In other news, I'm graduating in 8 days and my mom got me this pin. One of her co-workers was in WDW when this pin went on sale so she got one for me. The CM who sold it to her said they were going super fast I was so happy that she got it for me.

Ladies and gentlefish. We are at 10 days! I repeat, TEN DAYS!! The last day of double digits! EEP!

Lots has been happening. Last week was senior week and as a class we had events for every day. Monday was Memorial Day so nothing was going on. Tuesday was Six Flags but I didnt go because I thought I was going to have softball practice but our season ended up being over.

Wednesday was supposed to be a beach day but it was raining so they decide to move that to Friday, instead everyone went to the drive in that night, however I knew it was supposed to rain so I decided to stay in and watch movies at home.

Thursday was a trip into Boston, we ate at Fire and Ice. For those of you who dont know, Fire and Ice is a restaurant where you there is a big circular grill in the center of the room and you choose the meats, seafood, veggies, whatever you want and you pick a sauce. Once you pick what you want you bring it to the grill and the guys at the grill cook it for you. My friend Danielle and I went up three times, the most out of our group, because were champs. After Fire and Ice we had four hours to do whatever we wanted in Boston.

My friends and I went to the Prudential Center and looked in Vineyard Vines, the nice (very cute) boy behind the counter gave us all whale stickers. Then we walked over to Newbury Street and went to In The Pink to look at Lilly Pulitzer. After that we stopped in Georgetown Cupcakes. I got a red velvet because red velvet is my absolute favorite.

After Georgetown Cupcakes, we were all very hot and tired so we went to lay in the Commons. But I was very uncomfortable in the heat so I persuaded everyone to accompany me in a voyage to find Dunkin Donuts. On the way, we stopped at Boloco. My friends Matthew, Danielle and Christiana all decided to get milkshakes. We were sitting inside Boloco for a while when I started to get a headache. I realized I was extremely dehydrated. So Christiana, Matthew, and I walked up the block to Dunkin Donuts, I got a large sweet tea, which was not sweet at all. I think the guy misheard me and just gave me iced tea, which was a little disappointing.

We walked back to Boloco and we all headed back to the Commons and waited for the rest of the group to show up. It was so extremely hot. We took a group photo and headed back to the busses and headed home.

Friday was a beach day which I unfortunately didnt get to go to along with my friends Cayley and Christiana because we had to judge speeches for the Senior Speaker at graduation. Instead we just hung out at the school for a while, it was the perfect beach day. Friday afternoon was a playoff baseball game for our boys varsity team and the tennis team. I went to the boys game and they won 3-2. The girls tennis team, however, did not win.

It was a good thing that I didnt go to the beach this day because Jessica had an accident at school and I had to go get her to bring her to the doctors. Somehow Jessica fell and sliced the back of her ear open. I was just getting out of the shower when my sister called me and asked me to go pick her up from school. My little trooper.

Saturday was the Senior Lock-In at the YMCA in a nearby town. It started at 6pm and we were released at 6am. We got pizza delivered from Dominos and everyone watched the hockey game. The Bruins won! YAY! My friends Danielle and Brittany and I sat in the kids room next to the main area where everyone was watching the game. There was a big window between the two rooms so we just watched everyones reactions. After the game we swam in the pool which was very fun.

After swimming, there was a giant game of dodgeball. They boys, and two girls, played dodgeball for about two hours. It was extremely entertaining to watch. After dodgeball we all made our way to the playroom where the boys were using giant plastic puzzle pieces as surfboards on a childrens slide. Highly dangerous, extremely entertaining. Our YMCA chaperones came in and told us not to do that anymore. So the boys instead decided to start running at each other, full forced, will large foam pieces. Again highly entertaining.

Later that night, we played kick the can and manhunt. Then the boys played knockout for a while. After it was about three in the morning. I was getting extremely tired. I was laying on the floor of the gym half asleep. So we went into the playroom where my friend Hannah was asleep, buried under all of the foam building pieces, and laid down with some of friends and fell asleep for a while. We woke up at 5 and we were ready to go. At about 5:15 we left because we were too tired to sleep and too tired to stay. I went home and slept until 11. It was super fun and I was very glad I decided to go.

This week is my graduation on Thursday. On Sunday, our church held a baccalaureate mass for the graduating senior class. After that Mom, Jessica, and I went out to lunch and shopping. I got two shirts for the trip. The day before Jessica got a few pairs of shoes for the trip. She demanded she got high heels.

Jessica said her heels made her higher than anyone else. She also got these cute shoes that are similar to TOMs.

We stopped at Jo Ann Fabrics and got these to make a dress for Jessica for one day were in Disney.

I got these two shirts from Loft. I am quite in love with stripes.

Jessica tried on all of the sunglasses in loft

Today I went we had our senior picnic. Unfortunately, it was raining and we had to have it inside so we couldnt use our bouncy house. We got our yearbooks so that was exciting.

After the picnic, Christiana and I went back to my house and watched movies with my sister. We watch A Bugs Life, and Bolt. Currently were watching Up. After watching some movies Christiana, Matthew and I went to TJ Maxx. I got these sandals.

Im very obsessed with Jack Rogers sandals. These were so similar and sooo much cheaper so I snagged them. Then we went to Michaels, which we are all obsessed with. So it was a pretty good day.

Day 3 - June 15th 2013

6:45 Wake up
7:30 Head to Disney Hollywood Studios for Extra Magic Hours
Get Toy Story Mania Fastpasses
Breakfast at Starring Rolls 8:30
The Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Star Tours
Disney Jr Show at 9:40, 10:30 or 11:20. Jessica absolutely loves Doc McStuffins and Jake and the Neverland Pirates so I think shell really enjoy this ride
Tower of Terror. Im not sure how Jessica will take this ride but I have faith in her bravery that shell be willing to ride.
Muppets 3D
Meet some characters, ride some rides.
ADR Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In at 1:15pm
Last rides
Head out of DHS 3pm ishh
Maybe go back to PORS
Head to EPCOT
The Seas and Nemo and Friends
Test Track
Soarin
Spaceship Earth
Duffy/ Travel around the World
Dinner at one of the countries
Watch Illuminations 9pm
Head out of the park and off to bed

I need to make Jessicas letter for this day but Im almost done.

Tomorrow is graduation rehearsal and I think were getting our cap and gown. Im very excited to decorate my cap.

Thats all for now! EEP! 10 days is just so soon!

Howdy partners! Nine days people!! We are in SINGLE DIGITS!!!!

So there is one small tale I planned to tell you all yesterday..

Let me talk you to the scene. Sunday afternoon on our way to lunch, Mom, Jessica and I in the car. I was using my phone to post an Instagram picture of Tigger and I when Jessica blurts out, “Auntie, did you know that those are just humans dressed up as characters in big fuzzy suits.” My jaw dropped. My soul was crushed. I couldn’t even react. My mom asked who told her this and she said “I just know Mimi!”

Yesterday it was discovered that one of the kids at the daycare she goes to after school told her. The other girl is in second grade and always ruins things for Jessica. It’s really quite sad. Anywho, Mom said, “Well I think the characters at Disney World are the real ones.” Jessica says “No Mimi they’re just humans.” Mom asks, “Well would you be excited if you ever met those characters.” “Uh, ya Mimi. Duh...” So so sassy.

Still my heart was crushed. I know she’ll still be in awe when she actually gets to meet the characters. And miraculously Jessica still has no idea that we’re going.

I also found out that Jessica is going to miss the Alphabet Parade the kindergarteners put on at the end of the year. It really is extremely sad. Jessica goes to the same school that I went to for elementary school and Alphabet Parade is the best, we talk about it all the time even as seniors. I was S for Soccer Player. It was awesome. But I mean Disney is definitely gonna be greater than the Alphabet Parade it’s just kind of a bummer that she’s going to miss out on it.

Day 4 Plans

Day 4 - June 16, 2013 - Father’s Day

Sleep in (for Disney time at least) Wake up at 8:00
Breakfast at Kona 9:40 am for Father’s Day Breakfast
Wander around the Polynesian and Grand Floridian
Visit Art of Animation
Head back to PORS
Swim, swim, swim
Shower/nap
Downtown Disney for the afternoon/night

Since it is Father’s Day and Sunday we’re going to have a low key day to regain strength for our last two final days in Disney.

My aunt lives in southern Florida and they’re going to drive up on Sunday and stay until Monday because my cousin is out of school. So they’re going to hang out with us and come to the parks with us on Monday.

These are the letters for Jessica for Day 3 and Day 4

Day 3

Day 4

We also pre-purchased the Disney Photopass CD, which we are new to. We’ve never used PhotoPass before so if anyone has tips on how to most effectively use this and get the most for your money that would be more than welcome!

In September 2000, we went on another Disney Vacation! We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and Dixie Landings. This trip marks the beginning of.... the pin hats!

Attractive, right??

Fam pic at Chef Mickey’s

Chef Mickey’s

Touristy pictures

AK

Me and my girl Jesse

Sister swimming pic

Even though this picture has a fingerprint in the middle of it I absolutely love it!

Me and Ariel

So strong!!

50’s Prime Time with Mom’s friend

Me and my Tigger Ears

Me and Daddy

Me and Minnie

Fam pic

In 2001 we stayed at the Beach Club and my sister Kelly came.

Me and Piglet

My pal Tigger

Garden Grill

Jill and I with our cousins who are coming up during our trip

These guys were hilarious. Our dad got picked for this show it was so funny! We have it one video and we watch it all the time! It was the funniest thing that has ever happened in my life ever.

Next up 2008

Hi all!! It is the eve of my graduation, which also happens to be 8 days until Disney World!! Eep!!

Today was very busy and I did very little Disney planning/organizing or anything! I had graduation rehearsal and I got my cap and gown! Gosh, I’m all grown up!

My friend, Matt and I went to the mall. I made him buy me sweet tea because as soon as we got to where we need to go he realized he left his debit card in the car and we had to walk all the way back and I was not a happy camper.

A nice Sweet Tea from Dunks really helped though

I tried on super cute shorts at J. Crew. Mostly to prove to myself that I can pull off chino shorts.

Matthew takes lovely pictures as you can tell.

After the mall we went to my house and met up with our pal Christiana. Christiana and I decorated our graduation caps.

Mine turned out like this!

I love it so much!

Then we had Senior Banquet. Which is pretty much just a final dinner that we have together at as a class. One of my classmates gave a speech, we read the Class Will to the Seniors (Class Will is just leaving things behind for other students. Like I left Christiana Tonga Toast, a broken plate and a push on the tire swing and I left Matthew endless Starbucks. It’s pretty much just inside jokes and memories.) and the a hypnotist did a performance.

The hypnotist hypnotized (quite redundant) a group of 12 kids but it only ended up working on 9 of them. Seven of them were very good friends of mine. It was so funny! I’ll have to upload some of the videos because the things he made them do were hilarious!

This was my outfit and hair for the banquet. I think I’m going to bring this outfit to Disney for our night at Downtown Disney.

Here are some pictures of some of my friends and me from the banquet.

Matthew and I

My best friend Nick and I

Matt and I taking a selfie

My sixth grade boyfriend Tommy! Haha we dated for three days, so romantic!

Ethan, myself, and Brian! We’re all going to the same school in the fall for the same major! Quite comical.

Tomorrow is Class Day and Graduation, I’ll probably post a small real life update tomorrow night after everything and on Friday I’ll get back to the good stuff.. Disney plans!!!! Yay!!!

Day 5 Plan

June 17, 2013

Wake up early 6:30/6:45 AM
Magic Kingdom Rope Drop
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Pixie Hollow
Fastpass
11:15 Brunch at Chef Mickey’s
Back to MK
Rides
Tiki Room
Leave MK
Head to Hollywood Studios
Rides
Characters
Snack 3PM
Rides
Beauty and the Beast show
Rides
Dinner 6:30PM Pizza Planet
Lots more rides and Exploring
Extra Magic Hours at DHS
Disney Jr Dance Party!
Head out
Off to bed

Jessica’s Letter

Thursday was Class day and Graduation. Class day is during the school day and the whole school comes and watches. They announce awards for highest average in every subject, awards senior projects, and they give out Varsity letter awards. I won for my Film class and I received a plaque for having five varsity letters.

I had to put Jessica on the bus this morning. She’s so funny, that one.

That morning I also put this picture on Instagram. It’s my school picture from Pre-School and my picture from Senior year

Some pictures from Class day.

My friend Cayley and me

Danielle and me

Frank and me

After Class day, my mom and I had to go pick up dinner and cupcakes for after graduation.

Then a family we’re close with came over for dinner before the ceremony.

Michelle, Jessica and I

Family picture

My second mom and dad!

Then it was time to leave

Christiana’s and my caps

Nick and me before graduation

We graduated!!!

Graduation was very long, and a little boring. But it was nice and lovely. After graduation we had cupcakes at my house with our family friends. Then I went to a friend’s house a big group of kids in my grade and we had a big sleepover. It was lots of fun, we reminisced about our eighteen years together until very late and then we all fell asleep.

Friday was a low key day. I slept most of the day because I was very tired from staying up for most of the night with all my friends. Mom and I went shopping that night. I got an Avengers towel and an Ironman t-shirt. We got ribbon to make bows for the trip and a couple other small things.

Saturday and Sunday were lots of grad parties. My friends Ethan, Brendan, and Colin performed at our friend Andrew’s party on Saturday. They did really well and the party was a lot of fun.

Sunday I didn’t go to any parties because I had an event to go to for having won a film award. It was at a local news station. It was basically a fancy pizza party, they gave us our trophies, a tour of the studio, met some people who work at the station, and had some pizza. It was very fun.

Today I packed and got most things squared away for the trip

Hi all!! This is the final PTR Update because tomorrow is the big day!!! Jessica still has no idea we’re going!!! AH!! This is just so exciting!

Day 6 - June 18, 2013

Our final day :sad1:

Wake up
Pack up our final things
Breakfast
Head to EPCOT
Hang out in Future World
Grab an early lunch
Travel around the world
Last rides
Head to Magic Kingdom
Ride some rides
Meet some characters
Have an early dinner
Say bye to Magic Kingdom
Go back to PORS
Say bye to Disney World
Magical Express
Flight home

Today I put Jessica on the bus. Cleaned my room and watched some TV. Then after school I picked up Jessica, and Mom, Jessica, and I went to get our nails done. My sister was there too which was quite funny.

Jessica being silly in the car!

After getting our nails done we came home and had dinner, After dinner I gave Jessica a tub and then painted her toenails. Then we put Jessica to bed. Now we’re doing last minute packing and getting everything ready for the morning. I’m so excited!! EEP!!

Hi all!

So heres the plan for day 1!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wake up bright and early, approximately 5 AM.
Wake Jessica up! Tell her!!!!
Hop in the car and head to the airport! Wooo!
Get to the airport about 6:15/6:30 AM. Check in, do luggage, go through security, etc.
Flight 8 AM! Wooo!!! And were off!!!!
Land at MCO about 10:45 AM. Get on the Magic Express!
Arrive at our home for the week Port Orleans Riverside:lovestruc !!!! Yayyy!!! Check in, see our room, give Jessica her letter and gift from Mickey!
Head to MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!:cloud9: (About 1PM/2PM) Eep! Im so excited!
First thing to do in MK is castle pic!!!!
Next run and get fastpasses to see the princesses or Mickey. Jessica's going to be so excited to meet all the characters!
Be Our Guest for lunch if time allows (which I certainly hope it will!)
Catch the 3PM A Dream Come True parade! None of us have seen this before or at least no in an extremely long time.
Head to Fantasyland and explore the Kingdom!! Ride all the new rides and check out all the new areas.
5PM/6PM Dinner at Peco Bills. We love it there
Explore the rest of the Kingdom. Meet some characters. Ride some more rides.
9PM Wishes!!!!
Head out after Wishes because we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow and nobody likes a sleepy, grumpy 5 year old!!!

This is Mickeys letter to Jessica that Ill put in the room to make it look like Mickey left it for her.

Ahhh I'm so excited!!!!!
Where did you get the background/clip art for this? I'd love to make something like this for my boys, but only thought of it today and we leave next week. I'd also like to be the one writing the words.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter