“Embarrassing My Children, Just Another Service I Provide” Trip Report

Whale watching?

Disney has Whale watching? Where? I need to book it. Pronto.

This is what was going through my head as I scanned (cause I was multi-tasking) through your last post.

After I focused on one thing at a time (namely your post) I realized you were talking about somewhere other than Disney (I often forget there are other places).

Yes, it does indeed sound like fun and a lovely indulgence for your (or the tour companies) birthday/anniversary. Might have to go reread that part.

Thanks so much. I will have to check our Walmart and if I can't find one I am going to Halifax on March Break so I will check there.

My DH has family in the Valley, a brother in Kingston and uncles in the Kentville area.

We went Whale Watching a few years back off Digby neck and it was a blast. Your family will really enjoy it. We saw a mother and baby humpback and they were swimming right under our boat. I thought the baby was the big whale until I saw the mother. :scared1:

How close to your trip do you wait to book your flight? I don't want to wait too long but I don't want to book and then have the prices drop.:scared1:

Hey Weezy. I got my bag at Walmart several years ago (Sydney) but I saw the same one there about two weeks ago. I also saw it at Zellers recently so it isn't too difficult to find. I'm sure the Halifax stores would have it.

I just noticed that Westjet has a seat sale on now--$462 taxes in from Halifax to Orlando. I believe it is just until end of June but it may be extended soon. Keep watching!

Thanks SplashMom! West Jet and Air Canada have the lowest prices right now, but still over $600 for my dates. I am hoping for a Canadian airline as the American ones have that baggage fee which will add on additional $50 roundtrip. So I have to factor that in too. Would really like to have something around the $400 mark. I thought I saw something on here where someone is going in Sept and got them for just over $400. I guess I just have to keep watching and hoping.

Do they have priceline in Canada? I have done that a couple of times here in the States to get the price I wanted...The only down side is you have to be willing to go with what they give you in terms of flight time and check Cheapflights.com I have had ALOT of luck with them :wizard: Crossing my fingers for ya

I bet whale watching will be so much fun! I've always wanted to do that but we don't have many whales in Tennessee. ;)

Just joining in and I love your title! My family and I will be in disney Nov 13-20th. I would love to join everyone for the dismeet.

Thanks SplashMom! West Jet and Air Canada have the lowest prices right now, but still over $600 for my dates. I am hoping for a Canadian airline as the American ones have that baggage fee which will add on additional $50 roundtrip. So I have to factor that in too. Would really like to have something around the $400 mark. I thought I saw something on here where someone is going in Sept and got them for just over $400. I guess I just have to keep watching and hoping.

I'm hoping for a good deal through an American company, bag fee or no, as I'm thinking that clearing customs at the beginning of the trip and the earlier arrival times through some of the american airlines, compared to the Canadian ones, will make it worth it.

Do they have priceline in Canada? I have done that a couple of times here in the States to get the price I wanted...The only down side is you have to be willing to go with what they give you in terms of flight time and check Cheapflights.com I have had ALOT of luck with them :wizard: Crossing my fingers for ya

I've wondered about using them too, and if it was only me going I might be willing to give them a try but in my case "the devil you know is better then the devil you don't" since I might be bringing a nervous traveler along.

I bet whale watching will be so much fun! I've always wanted to do that but we don't have many whales in Tennessee. ;)

Well you'll just have to plan a trip to Nova Scotia!

Just joining in and I love your title! My family and I will be in disney Nov 13-20th. I would love to join everyone for the dismeet.

Welcome! Stick around and I'm sure we'll start nailing down details of a meet once we get closer to November!:thumbsup2

I'm too chicken to risk getting a bad arrival time. But thanks for the suggestions and for the crossed fingers.:thumbsup2

Thanks applemomma. I hadn't seen this. There is so much to see on the Dis, I don't always get to everything.

Not so much a planning post but here's one reason why I dream of warmer places :lmao:

Actually we had some snow fall here on Thursday that was just beautiful so I took the dog for a walk in the woods across from our place. There's a grove of trees that in my mind I call "The Cathedral", one of the few places around here that has trees that are as close to old-growth as you can get. While I'm chomping at the bit to get to Florida, scenes like this make me glad I live where I do. The picture doesn't really do it justice though.

p_00049.jpg

Forgive the non-Disney post but I wanted to share with my Dis friends :flower3:

Quick Update!!!!!!!!!!

Mom let me know yesterday that she is indeed planning on going with us :banana::banana:

Not all the appropriate people have been "notified" so to speak yet so we're kind of keeping it on the down-low but let the planning commence!!!!!!!!!!!

And if my calculations are right park hours will be released in about 7 weeks....that should kick me into overdrive! :lmao:

I actually leave tomorrow but have to work :( BLAHHH in Orlando before I get to go to Disney...BUT I do have my first Dis meet on friday night so way cool!

Yay to your mom coming with you - proper girlie trip now !!
Take care x x x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter