“Help Me Move to Florida… You Can Go to Disney!” A June 2013 PTR-Link to the TR 6/29!

emma212010

DIS Veteran
:welcome: Hi everyone! :welcome:

Welcome to my second PTR! My name is Emma, and you may remember me from my other TRs including, A Year Late, but Worth the Wait and most recently (and currently), Debby Doesn’t Get Us Down on Our Mother/Daughter Trip. I am beyond excited to do this PTR because this trip will be like no other. This will be a trip full of moving vans, boxes, smiles, and first times. THIS is the trip of a lifetime.

:hyper:

Why is it so special?

WELLL, funny you should ask. You see, my Mom (aka Zuzu03 here on the Boards) is moving down from the cold Northeast to reconnect with her DH who moved in early January. Where are they moving? Why, none other than the beautiful and scenic Naples, Florida. Mom needs help driving down because she’ll be renting a moving van while someone else drives the car. And who could that someone be? ME of course!!!!!!!! I will be driving Mom’s car down to her new home while she drives the moving truck. Of course, I won’t be alone on this journey, for I have enlisted the help of my Boyfriend who has never, ever, EVER been to Disney World.

It’s going to be a looooong 27 hour drive, but the reward is going to be sooooo worth it because after arriving at the apartment, unloading the vans, and spending some time on the beach, Mom is going to drive DBF and I the 3 hours north to Walt Disney World where we will spend a couple days in the Happiest Place on Earth before flying back home.

Ok, so let’s start off with a little background about the cast.

Step Dad and Mom:

101_1463.jpg

Step Dad has already made the move down and he started his job on January 14, 2013. He took our dog, Jolie, with him, and our cat, Zuzu, will be flying down in a couple weeks. Mom (zuzu03) is a high school French teacher at the local high school (same one I graduated from). Mom loves everything about Disney. She is the one who introduced me to Disney before I was even born. She is finishing out her contract which ends this June, and after graduation, she is outta here!

My DBF and I:

IMG_1659.jpg

My DBF, Troy, will be visiting WDW for the first time! He comes from a large family, so like many people around us, they never visited Disney as a family. I am so excited to take him! Planning will be challenging, but very exciting and I hope I can get some great advice here on the DIS! He will be 21 at the time of the trip, and he is very much into sports. He was accepted into the Nursing program at our college, so this coming semester will be incredibly stressful for him! We are both sophomores in college, so school keeps us really busy!! I am a Child Development major, and I want to be a teacher when I grow up.

We started dating on April 6, 2010 (the day before my birthday!!) after we got back from our high school senior class trip to NYC. It was a ton of fun, and I even got a kiss on the Empire State Building! <3 So romantic!! We are both into sports, especially basketball, and we try to stay as active as possible. Troy is 6’4” and I am 6’1,” so we tend to stand out in a crowd. People say we are perfect for each other, but all I know is that he stole my heart and won’t give it back. He is more than my boyfriend- he is my best friend, and I am so excited to show him one of my greatest passions in life: DISNEY!

So, pop your popcorn, load up on fixin’s and sit back, relax, and follow us on our journey of planning this absolutely wonderful trip.

:jumping1:

First one here! Hahaha! This IS going to be quite a PTR full of busy, busy, busy planning and counting down. I canNOT wait to get down to Naples and be 3 hours from the most Magical Place on Earth!!! And to have Emma and Troy making the trip with me! It should be a ton of fun!!! :goodvibes

I'm here!!

Such an exciting PTR! I mean it's not just a trip it's also a move! :cool1:

You are your boyfriend are so adorable together! And I like how you said he is also your best friend. That's really important. I married my best friend a little over 13 years ago and it really makes a difference when you have that kind of relationship.

Can't wait to hear all the plans!

I'm here!!

Such an exciting PTR! I mean it's not just a trip it's also a move! :cool1:

You are your boyfriend are so adorable together! And I like how you said he is also your best friend. That's really important. I married my best friend a little over 13 years ago and it really makes a difference when you have that kind of relationship.

Can't wait to hear all the plans!

I know!!!! It's going to be so exciting!!!!! :hyper:

Awww, thank you!! He really is! Aww, congratulations! 13 years is amazing! :goodvibes And you have a beautiful son because of it!

Just subbed :) Looking forward to seeing how this trip goes! Poof! pixiedust:

Yay!! I can't wait! :cool1:

We have set our dates for the trip! :hyper: Our plans are to leave Vermont in our moving vans on either Sunday June 16 or Monday June 17. The drive will take about 27 hours, so all day Monday, all day Tuesday, and the morning of Wednesday the 19th. :drive: We will arrive in Naples hopefully around early afternoon on the 19th. Wednesday afternoon and evening will be full of unloading the van and hanging out. Thursday will be full of exploring and hanging out on the beach! :beach: THEN on Friday the 21st we will load up and drive north to DISNEY WORLD! :cool1: We are going to stay for two nights and then leave Sunday (the 23rd ) evening.

We’re still deciding on a resort. It will probably be a value, but we haven’t chosen one yet!

It’s a short trip, but it’s all we can afford for right now (being college students and all). I think it will be a good three days of Disney, and I’m really hoping Troy will fall in love with it!

Up next: Itinerary!!

Ya know, I know everyone thinks you have to go for a week or ten days or whatever, but I personally have never stayed at Disney longer than five nights (even though I would totally ENJOY staying longer hahah), and I've even done a trip where we only had two day park tickets and we still were able to fit in everything we wanted to do. I promise you it's totally doable! Woohooo!!!

Sounds like the plans are starting to come together!

And I think a shorter trip is better for a newbie. You don't want to overwhelm him. :thumbsup2

marDgreen88 said:
Ya know, I know everyone thinks you have to go for a week or ten days or whatever, but I personally have never stayed at Disney longer than five nights (even though I would totally ENJOY staying longer hahah), and I've even done a trip where we only had two day park tickets and we still were able to fit in everything we wanted to do. I promise you it's totally doable! Woohooo!!!

Long Disney trips are amazing, but I'm glad you said that! It makes me feel so much better! Haha I'm hoping with three days we'll be able to see mostly everything, but I just wish there was more time so it could be in more detail! I'm so super excited though!!!!

amandaw said:
Sounds like the plans are starting to come together!

And I think a shorter trip is better for a newbie. You don't want to overwhelm him. :thumbsup2

They are starting to! It's hard being so busy with school, but planning a Disney vacation is such a great break from homework! Although sometimes it can get stressful! ;)

I'm hoping it will be a nice first look at the parks and hopefully he will want to see all that Disney has to offer!!!!! I'm really hoping he won't be overwhelmed, so I'm sure we'll miss a lot. That just means we'll have to go back!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'll get you both up there as EARLY as you like on Friday morning so you'll have that whole day ahead of you! ;) And you KNOW you'll be able to come back as often as you like! :goodvibes :love:

Hey everyone!

First off, I just wanted to say that I hope everyone stays safe and warm this weekend with Nemo and all! Scary stuff out there! I came home for the weekend and the snow just keeps on coming down!!

This winter has had some pretty cold days already. Although the lake does look sorta kinda pretty...

IMG_0061_zps39179c74.jpg

IMG_0062_zpse29764e1.jpg

IMG_0063_zpsafd67a2f.jpg

I want to be in Disney where it's warm and sunny and happy!

IMG_0070_zps3c6f6e53.jpg

It also got down to -10 degrees at school, and even lower at home!! :sad2:

IMG_0071_zps4e863e70.png

It's just awful!!

But in much happier news, we have booked our hotel! :cool1: We found a great rate at the Dolphin for only $10 more per night than we would have paid at All Star Sports. I'm really excited about this because even though a lot of people don't like it and there's not a lot of Disney, I think it is a beautiful hotel! I love staying here, and the location is prime! Especially since I can get a deal with my mom's teacher's discount. I am so excited for being a stroll away from Epcot and DHS!!!! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter