“Help Me Move to Florida… You Can Go to Disney!” A June 2013 PTR-Link to the TR 6/29!

Emma's Mom here! It's actually snowing here AGAIN. I'm literally counting the minutes now...

I had a GREAT time in Naples, a WONDERFUL day in Disney and enjoyed every second of being away from the snow and cold! It was a bit chilly down there towards the end, but I'll take 50's over 20's any day.

I can't describe the feeling of walking into Epcot with my Florida Resident AP. I know this is going to be cheesy and nerdy, but I seriously had tears in my eyes and felt like it was MY park that I could go to anytime I wanted! *sigh* Heaven.

Emma and Troy are all booked on the autotrain for Monday, June 17th to arrive in Sanford on the 18th. I'm going to leave on the 16th and try to drive as far as possible (I'd love to make it to Charlotte, NC) the first day, then on to Orlando on Monday. I'm thinking of staying either on property or REALLY close Monday night because the kids will be getting in around 9:30 on Tuesday and it would be kind of fun to pop over to DTD before our final push on to Naples! Of course if I was up to it, I could ALWAYS GO TO A PARK MONDAY EVENING!!! hahahaha! I wonder if parking a U-Haul at a resort would be a problem??? :goodvibes

I just moved to Naples, FL myself in December. My husband moved down a month later. It really is great here!

YAY for the Autotrain, that is a brilliant idea.

Oh Naples looks lovely, just lovely lovely lovely and so appropriate as Jeff and I sit here tonight discussing retiring to Florida :rotfl:

I just moved to Naples, FL myself in December. My husband moved down a month later. It really is great here!

Isn't it lovely? So different from many other areas of Florida, I LOVE it and can't wait to be there permanently. It was 7 degrees this morning here in Vermont and we're supposed to get a foot of snow on Tuesday. Lordy, I'm tired of winter!!

LOVE the Pics your Mom sent! Trying to catch up....

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you as well! Not Irish at all, mostly French, but I do like the odd Shandy! ;)

Oh Naples looks lovely, just lovely lovely lovely and so appropriate as Jeff and I sit here tonight discussing retiring to Florida :rotfl:

It IS beautiful! It's like its own little world south of Fort Myers, clean, green, warm, colorful, full of flowers and palm trees, aaaaaahhhhh, I can't wait to be back! And for Emma to see it!

That's right folks! June 17, 2013 is 99 days away!!!!!!!!!!

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!

:dance3: :banana: :cool1: :yay: :dance3:

In 99 days we will be on our way to Florida!! And in 102 days we will be in Disney!!! How exciting!!!

:cool1: :banana: Yay for double digits!!! I'm excited for y'all. It's always great being able to experience Disney with a 1st timer :goodvibes

Hi everyone! It is spring break for this girl! Woot! Woot! I just wanted to finish up and recap Moms trip in February. We compiled all of her photos and uploaded them to Photobucket. So, I left off on her Disney day when she was going to Magic Kingdom for the afternoon. Im just going to recap the whole day because I have more details!!

And yay for Spring Break!!! We're on SB this week, but the weather isn't cooperating for us. Chilly and windy! Not the typical weather for late March.

She left her apartment at 4:15am on her Disney day and arrived at Epcot at 7:40am. She parked right up close and went right to the ticket gate, showed her new drivers license and asked for a FL resident AP. Woohooo!!!! Then she stood in line to get in and was listening to all of the families talking about how many days they had left and their schedules. She was so happy that she didnt have to worry about that anymore! She could go whenever she wanted to!

Seriously...how exciting is this??!! FL Resident Passes!!!! :worship: Just awesome!!!

Then she decided she wanted to look at the flowers that were being set up for Flower and Garden Festival. The Oz area was set up for kids to play in! How cute! We saw the movie yesterday, and we really liked it! It was so well done and very cute!

For our Spring Break fun ;) we're going to see this movie today. The kids have been begging to see it. Glad to know it's good. It would have been too cool to actually see the Oz section at EP....I'm soooooo missing WDW:(

Emma's Mom here! It's actually snowing here AGAIN. I'm literally counting the minutes now...

Ok...I'm not jealous a bit :laughing: 50 degrees is cold to me ;)

I can't describe the feeling of walking into Epcot with my Florida Resident AP. I know this is going to be cheesy and nerdy, but I seriously had tears in my eyes and felt like it was MY park that I could go to anytime I wanted! *sigh* Heaven.

Not cheesy at all!!!! I so get it! I'm the one who has tears in my eyes every time I watch Wishes. And how many times have I seen it??? :rolleyes1

I wonder if parking a U-Haul at a resort would be a problem??? :goodvibes

:rotfl2: Go for it!!!

2 degrees this morning in Vermont. WHAT?!? So cold!!!

.....OMG....once again...not jealous. HOWEVER, your summers are MUCH MUCH better than ours. 100 degrees in South Georgia "ain't" fun!

Nancy, so glad you had an awesome day at Disney! The pictures were great as usual. MK did look quite crowded...I wouldn't have expected that just yet. I can only imagine how packed it is today!!! Spring Breakers are there now!! Just think...you'll be able to visit Disney when there are NO crowds at all.

Emma, since we don't have a Disney trip planned this summer, I'll have to live vicariously through your summer TR ;)

Heather

All about the countdowns:

Tomorrow - Emma comes home for Easter weekend!!!

1 week from Sunday - Emma turns 20 :faint:

3 weeks from tomorrow - I fly back to Naples (with a day trip up to WDW, of course)

11 weeks from tomorrow - we pick up the Penske rental truck and start loading it up.

Can't even stand it!

Now, hoping for some pixie dust to sell this house!

Looks like it was a really fun day for your mom! Naples looks like a beautiful town. :goodvibes

It looks beautiful! I'm so excited to see it all!

How wonderful!! I can't wait to visit!! :goodvibes

LOVE the Pics your Mom sent! Trying to catch up....

Thanks! It looks so pretty there!!

I'm really excited for it! The Autotrain is a completely new thing for us, so it'll be fun!!

Love all the pictures! I'm very jealous of all the palm trees! :rotfl:

Thanks! I know! I am so excited to visit!!!!

:cool1: :banana: Yay for double digits!!! I'm excited for y'all. It's always great being able to experience Disney with a 1st timer :goodvibes

And yay for Spring Break!!! We're on SB this week, but the weather isn't cooperating for us. Chilly and windy! Not the typical weather for late March.

Seriously...how exciting is this??!! FL Resident Passes!!!! :worship: Just awesome!!!

For our Spring Break fun ;) we're going to see this movie today. The kids have been begging to see it. Glad to know it's good. It would have been too cool to actually see the Oz section at EP....I'm soooooo missing WDW:(

Ok...I'm not jealous a bit :laughing: 50 degrees is cold to me ;)

Not cheesy at all!!!! I so get it! I'm the one who has tears in my eyes every time I watch Wishes. And how many times have I seen it??? :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: Go for it!!!

.....OMG....once again...not jealous. HOWEVER, your summers are MUCH MUCH better than ours. 100 degrees in South Georgia "ain't" fun!

Nancy, so glad you had an awesome day at Disney! The pictures were great as usual. MK did look quite crowded...I wouldn't have expected that just yet. I can only imagine how packed it is today!!! Spring Breakers are there now!! Just think...you'll be able to visit Disney when there are NO crowds at all.

Emma, since we don't have a Disney trip planned this summer, I'll have to live vicariously through your summer TR ;)

Heather

I am soooo excited!!!! School has kept me busy enough, so it seems like the days are going by pretty quickly!

It is beginning to warm up here! This week looks like it will get up to 65 here!!!!! :yay: I'm so excited!!!! That just means more melting snow! :thumbsup2

Those pictures are all so pretty! And the days are really ticking away now! :cool1:

Thank you! I know! I've been so busy with school, and the days just keep passing by! It's insane!!!

Hi everyone! I know it’s been like 74628649236 years since I’ve done an update, but I have a good excuse, I promise!!! LIFE!!!! Life has been insane the past few weeks since Easter festivities! Basically, Easter weekend included two (early) birthday dinners and an Easter dinner along with the other Easter norms (ie. Church, egg hunts, the usual). I came back to the apartment Sunday night because I had a TON of papers to write! I mean, come on people! Don’t you know it’s Easter weekend?!

Then this past weekend (April 6th and 7th) was another very entertaining and busy one! Mom came down and met Troy and I at Lui Lui’s for my (still a tad early) birthday dinner on Friday (the 5th). It was delicious as Lui Lui’s always is- it’s an Italian restaurant, and the food is amazing!! I think there are two, but I don’t know where the other one is. ANYWAY, I got my birthday present from my Mom which was…..

A D23 Membership!!!!! Yay!!!!

I’m still figuring it all out, but it looks pretty cool!

She also gave me a Disney gift card which I am super excited about because they are adding up!!! Wooo!! That means more money for Disney!!! I will probably do a post sometime soon about how I’ve saved up for this trip because it’s pretty cool. Hopefully nothing will come out of my pocket!! She also made this super cute Disney card which I thought was awesome!!

How cute is that?

Adorable! <3

Then on Saturday (the 6th), it was DBF and my three year anniversary!! Yay!! The day was pretty mellow, and we were planning on going out to eat, but I ended up getting a migraine, so we stayed in instead :( . Still, we ordered pizza and really gross onion rings and watched Friends! I’d say it was a good one!

THEN on Sunday (the 7th) we FINALLY make it to my actual birthday!! Yayyy!!! That’s right, I’m the big 20 now! It doesn’t feel much different, though! LOL!

Since I am a Child Development major, I have been doing a practicum this semester which basically involves three hours a week at an early learning center just off campus. At the end of the semester we do a thank you project for letting us work there. I asked my supervisor if they needed anything or wanted me to do an activity with the kids. She said they are low on play dough since the kids eat it, and they end up throwing it away! (It’s the toddler room, aka 18 months- 3 years LOL!) So I have to figure out how to make play dough, and enough of it, for the kids by next Wednesday! I’ve seen people do it before, and it looks fairly easy to make.

Speaking of the end of the semester……. It’s here!!!! Ahhhhh I have literally three weeks to get everything done, and finish up my classes! Luckily there are no exams this semester for me, but my professors all decided to assign final papers on the same day! It’s stressful, but that’s what it’s about right? ;)

The weather has been decent, considering it is still early April. 40s and 50s have been about the average, which I will take ANYDAY over our winter temps! Although, as I’m typing this a mixture of snow and rain seems to be falling from the sky. Great. Apparently there is a winter weather advisory for tomorrow from 3am to 7pm. Boo. COME ON IT IS APRIL!!!!!

Aside from my school and weather frustrations, we are getting super de duper excited for our trip!!!! It’s only a couple months away! I’m really looking forward to the sun and the palm trees… and not to mention, DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!! Gah!! I’m so excited!! LOL!

WOW, a D23 membership? Amazing!!! And that gift card is adorable! Very nice!

I cannot believe the weather over there! Is that for real? It was 89 here today! You poor thing! You deserve some great weather! Good luck with the end of your semester!

what a perfect gift!!!!!!!!!! The before and after birthday festivities sound perfect. The migrane, not so much.

WOW, a D23 membership? Amazing!!! And that gift card is adorable! Very nice!

I cannot believe the weather over there! Is that for real? It was 89 here today! You poor thing! You deserve some great weather! Good luck with the end of your semester!

I know! I was so excited!!

It's pretty awful! :crazy2: It was 28 degrees and freezing rain all day today. Yuck!!!

what a perfect gift!!!!!!!!!! The before and after birthday festivities sound perfect. The migrane, not so much.

I was so happy!! :goodvibes It was a pretty fun week, migraine aside! :goodvibes

I just wanted to pop in and say that I hope all of my readers are safe and away from the tragedy that just happened in Boston. My prayers are with the families involved. Such a very sad thing. :guilty:

Happy Memorial Day!
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful day! And thank you to all American soldiers past, present, and future.

Hi all! I am so excited for our trip coming up in just three weeks!! :cool1: Woot Woot! I cant even begin to explain how busy we have been in the past few weeks!!! I apologize for my disappearance! :(

First of all, weve been home from college for a couple weeks, and I started my job at the insurance company Ive worked at for the past couple summers. Its boring, but its a great job and the people are great!

Also! Ive been saving coins and Disney gift cards for YEARS! We sat down and counted up our savings, and I was so surprised by how much I had in coins and Disney gift cards!

This is what $256 in coins looks like!!!

And then we have all of these babies!!

And then in my handy little Disney Dooney card holder&

I have our PLUTO pass from last year with four days left.

All we have to do is purchase Troys three day pass when we get down there. For two college kids, Id say we are in pretty good shape for our trip!

Another big deal going on here is the recent moving sale we had this weekend. It was pouring and freezing, but apparently that stopped NO ONE!! There were so many people! It was amazing! I was so happy how many people showed up. We made a ton of money which will definitely contribute to the trip! Im so glad that all of our hard work of setting things up and going through everything actually paid off! We had a lot of big items that Im really glad to see out of the house!!

Next is all about packing the house up as well as taking a few trips to goodwill with the things that didnt sell in the sale.

Also, we have an offer on the house!! Weve had three different people come look at the house in the past week, and one has already put in an offer. Its a bit low, but my mom and step dad are still negotiating with the prospective buyer and their agent.

Things are getting pretty crazy! We are down to three weeks! AHHHH!!! How exciting! The week leading up to our trip is also insane!

On June 8 (Saturday), Troys sister is getting married, so we will be there all day and miss a crucial day of packing!

On June 12 (Wednesday), my brother (on my dads side) has his last day of school which is also his eighth grade graduation as well as his birthday&Phew. It gets worse&

On June 13 (Thursday), my mom is getting the moving van at 4pm which means I will get out of work early to help her. We will load it up that night because she is leaving bright and early on Friday.

On June 14 (Friday), Troys brother is graduating from high school, so we will be there that night.

On June 15 (Saturday), my brother (the same one) is having his birthday celebration at a camp ground about an hour away, so I will drive there and stay the night with them.

On June 16 (Sunday), its Fathers Day, and my aunt (on my dads side) is having a party for graduation, fathers day, birthdays, and my grandfathers going away party (hes also moving to FL). I will come home for the party and then come to my moms to pack up the car to leave the next morning.

THEN ON JUNE 17 (Monday), Troy and I will load up the car, and head out of the driveway on our way to the autotrain which leaves that evening. 9 hours later we will arrive in FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo:

Along with everything else thats going on, we still have to do the regular moving stuff like shutting off the cable, internet, and hot water as well as returning PO Box keys and packing! AHHH!!! This is really exciting!

Also! We are in the works of planning another trip for me to head down again in July before I go back to school to spend some time in Naples as well as a two day trip up to Disney!! Wooo!!! Im really excited! More details coming later, but I cant wait!!

That is a look into our life right now, and it seems crazy! I am really excited, but it will be a lot of work! ::yes:: YAY!

Whew! Girl, I can't even keep track of all that! :laughing: Hopefully staying busy will help the time pass more quickly!

Three weeks from now we'll be in Naples! My goodness, that's so weird to think about! :) Wish I could blink myself there and not have to go through all the packing, driving and unpacking!!!! Had an interview for a teaching job today (cross your fingers for me!!!), so hopefully that works out! Scary to think that as of June 14th I will not have a job! :scared1:

Three weeks from now we'll be in Naples! My goodness, that's so weird to think about! :) Wish I could blink myself there and not have to go through all the packing, driving and unpacking!!!! Had an interview for a teaching job today (cross your fingers for me!!!), so hopefully that works out! Scary to think that as of June 14th I will not have a job! :scared1:

Its going to be so much different from when you were last here. All the seasonal people are gone and you can actually do things without waits!

Good luck on the job.

The only bad thing I've heard about the school system is that sometimes they will try to transfer you to another school in the district (which is huge!) to people with lower seniority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!