“Help Me Move to Florida… You Can Go to Disney!” A June 2013 PTR-Link to the TR 6/29!

Its going to be so much different from when you were last here. All the seasonal people are gone and you can actually do things without waits!

Good luck on the job.

The only bad thing I've heard about the school system is that sometimes they will try to transfer you to another school in the district (which is huge!) to people with lower seniority.

It was weird because I was at our Kinney Drugstore in Barre, VT on Saturday and parked right next to a guy with a Collier County license plate! His window was down so I had to say "Hello!" He said the same thing, they left a week ago and said that if you can stand the heat, the summer is a breeze, because no one is around! Hahahah! Good! And his condo is in King's Lake which is right down the road from us! Such a small world! And thank you - I should hear by Friday! The interview is for a school a little far away, but I really don't mind the commute - without snow, of course! That makes a huge difference!

Whew! Girl, I can't even keep track of all that! :laughing: Hopefully staying busy will help the time pass more quickly!

I know!! It's going to be insane! You're right! At least I will be staying busy, and it go by quickly! I can't believe you're in WDW right now! AHHHHH!!!! :cool1:

Whew!!!! I'm exhausted from reading about your crazy-busy schedule :faint: :laughing: SLOW DOWN!!!! ;) Glad school is behind you for the summer and you can enjoy your vacation. And hope the weather is warming up for y'all!

Happy Belated b-day :cake: Your mom's gift was way cool!!! And I know you totally loved it. My dad bought us a subscription to Celebrations - have you heard of that magazine? It's all about Disney....love, love, love it!!! Comes out every couple of months, and if you're a Disney lover it's a must :thumbsup2

Ok....so I'm noticing your ticker :scratchin Are you excited or what??!!!! Holy cow! I'm excited for y'all! I bet Troy will love Disney as much as you and your mom. If not....he'll have to learn to love it, right?! :laughing:

Happy Packing, Emma!!! Can't wait to read your TR :yay:
Heather

Whew!!!! I'm exhausted from reading about your crazy-busy schedule :faint: :laughing: SLOW DOWN!!!! ;) Glad school is behind you for the summer and you can enjoy your vacation. And hope the weather is warming up for y'all!

Happy Belated b-day :cake: Your mom's gift was way cool!!! And I know you totally loved it. My dad bought us a subscription to Celebrations - have you heard of that magazine? It's all about Disney....love, love, love it!!! Comes out every couple of months, and if you're a Disney lover it's a must :thumbsup2

Ok....so I'm noticing your ticker :scratchin Are you excited or what??!!!! Holy cow! I'm excited for y'all! I bet Troy will love Disney as much as you and your mom. If not....he'll have to learn to love it, right?! :laughing:

Happy Packing, Emma!!! Can't wait to read your TR :yay:
Heather

Seriously though! Things are crazy!! I can't believe how soon the trip is coming up!!

Thank you!! :goodvibes It was a great gift!! :thumbsup2 I actually have heard of that magazine! It seems pretty cool, but I just haven't seen much about it!

OMG I'm so excited!!! It's like...SO SOON!!! :banana: I really hope he does...I think he's secretly excited for it! :rolleyes:;)

Things are going to get CRAZY!!! :woohoo:

We're ALMOST there!!! Received the good news that the buyer accepted our counter offer, the inspection is all done and signed off on, their appraiser has finished the appraisal and we're closing on the house the 28th of June!!!!

We also decided to pick up the Penske truck tomorrow afternoon and Emma and Troy (bless their hearts) are going to work at filling it up on Thursday while I slog through one last day of teacher inservice (REALLY wish my principal had said that I didn't be there, but whatever).

I mowed the lawn for the last time last night (all 1.6 hilly acres of it), and it's a darn good thing too. It is POURING out today and is supposed to continue until Friday!!!

This time next week, I'll be waiting for Emma, Troy and my Jeep to roll in at DTD! AAAAAHHHH! Can't believe it's almost here! The next few days are going to be super hectic! Stay tuned!

~Nancy (Emma's mom)~

Hi everyone!
This is most likely going to be one of my last, if not my last, updates before I leave on tonight!!!! Things are getting pretty crazy! Mom rolled out of the driveway Friday morning at about 6:30am as I was getting ready for work. Yes, I had to sit in an office all day while my mom was getting closer and closer to FLORIDA! But, I did it, and now it’s only one solid day until we leave as well!!!!! We packed up the moving van Thursday which took 6 HOURS. We were so tired, but we did it!! :cool1:

It started out looking great and organized…

And then things just started getting tossed in because they were awkwardly sized…

It’s quite a sight!

My DBF’s brother graduated from high school Friday night, so that consumed most of our evening. Then, yesterday, my brother was having his birthday celebration at a campground which is about and hour away from our home, so I drove up there in the morning to spend the day with them until we all came back for my aunt’s party that afternoon/evening. Yesterday was a loooong day without much time for packing or preparing which scares me. This leaves us with today…one day! :confused:
We have to get everything packed for the trip as well as make sure everything is lined up for when we come back to finish moving out my furniture and belongings. The prospective buyers want to close on FRIDAY (the 28th) which means we will have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of the week we come back to get everything out of the house and ready for their final walk-through on Thursday (the 27th)- not to mention DBF and I are both working full time. This is bananas.
ANYWAY, we are getting very very excited about our adventure! We have printed out all the ADRs and confirmation numbers. We are gathering magazines for perusing and music for listening and making lists like crazy! I have been mapping out my outfits for the trip, but it’s difficult having two houses, as it always is! Especially when everything ultimately has to end up at my Dad’s even though my trip stuff is at my Mom’s- the whole coordinating thing gets really old…but that’s another story for another day! We are really getting down to just hours left!!! We’ve also come up with a basic itinerary for this week, and I think it is going to work out really well!
I know I’ve already gone over this, but some things have changed, and we’ve gotten more details about the days spent in Naples.

Monday 6/17
Troy wants to leave at 10:00pm tonight in order to beat rush hour in the cities (NY and DC) on our way to the train station in Lorton, VA, so we’ll see how well we stick to that! ;)
We have to check in with our car no later than 2:00pm on Monday and the train leaves the station at 4:00pm.
We will have dinner on the train and sleep all night until the train arrives in Sanford, FL at 9:00am the next morning (18th).

Tuesday 6/18
After arriving in Sanford, we will collect our car, and make our way to DTD where we will meet up with Mom for a quick lunch at EoS and a quick introduction of Troy to the World.
Then we will hop back in our vehicles and make the three hour push to the apartment in Naples, FL. We want to arrive no later than 2 or 3pm.
That night will be full of unloading the van and getting things put away.

Wednesday 6/19
This day will be exploring Naples/beach/filling the storage unit with the stuff that won’t fit in the apartment day. I’m really excited to see the area because the pictures look gorgeous!

Thursday 6/20
Bright and early today- roughly around 7-8am, we will leave Naples and head north to Disney!!! We have a 1:00pm reservation at Paradiso 37 for the three of us, so we will explore DTD, get Troy’s park tickets, and check in to the Dolphin.
That evening, after Mom drives to her new home, T and I will explore the Boardwalk and eat at ESPN Zone most likely.

Friday 6/21

Epcot has EMH morning hours this morning at 8:00am which we will do and get our butts over to Soarin’ and TT. I want T to see most of FW before we hit the WS by 11:00am. We’ll do the countries starting at Mexico, so we end up in Canada for our lunch at Le Cellier at 2:10pm.
After lunch, the plan is to head to the MK for the evening. I want T to see the park at night as well as the fireworks and parade. We will try to get on some rides, but nothing specific in the plans for this night. MK is open until 11:00pm this night, so we will have a long time to enjoy the park. I am thinking we will eat at Pecos Bill’s for dinner.

Saturday 6/22
I want to head over to MK for rope drop at 9:00am this morning, so Troy can see the show and understand the mad dash down Main Street. I’ve already mapped out our morning here more specifically earlier, but I do want to eat at Be Our Guest for lunch if possible.
After lunch we will either finish up in MK, or leave toward the monorail/boat. I want to take T around to the monorail resorts and spend some time on the Poly beach before our dinner at Ohana at 5:10pm.
After dinner, we will book it on the monorail to Epcot where we will spend our evening watching Illuminations at 9:00pm. We can easily walk right back to the Dolphin at the end of the night.

Sunday 6/23
It’s DHS day! Obviously, we’re doing rope drop (if Troy can make it ;)) at 9:00am this morning. We will do the favorites here and then head out for lunch.
I’m thinking we will check Beaches and Cream to see if there is seating, but if there isn’t we can just keep walking to the Fountain in the Dolphin.
Our plane leaves at 8:05pm, so we will probably leave the Dolphin around 4:00ish in order to get there in enough time. It’s a three hour nonstop plane ride which means we should land in our airport by 11:00pm. DBF’s brother will be at the airport to drive us home!

And then we have work the next day…ew.

So that’s that! It is going to be a lot of fun, and I really hope Troy loves it too! It’s going to be tiring, but hopefully everything goes smoothly!

Now, we just have to make sure we don’t miss the train! ;)

Have an awesome trip! I know it'll be a lot of work, but hopefully it'll all go very smoothly for yall. :cool1:

Hope all is going well on your way down South!

Have a "Magical" vacation! Can't wait to hear all about it!:thumbsup2
Heather

I must have missed the link for the PTR, cause I had no idea this was going on! The funny thing is that I was following along with your mom's move on instagram (I'm smk31) and didn't put it together that you were the DIS-er whose trip report I followed!

Quick check-in from Naples. Emma will write her full trip report and link it here, I'm sure, I just wanted to pop in and let you know that everyone arrived safely, but exhausted. The apartment looks like a hurricane hit it, but we'll sort through it and get it all put away. I just dropped the kids off at WDW a few hours ago and I missed them the instant I said goodbye! :love:

They stayed at DTD and I zipped over to DHS to ride a few rides before hitting the interstate back to Naples. They're all checked in at the Dolphin and having a blast, so make sure you stay tuned for Emma's TR! Thanks everyone for following along on our crazy few months preparing for the move. It sure feels good to be here permanently now!

Oh, and I got a job!!!! I had a Skype interview with a school down here a few weeks ago and they called to offer me the job yesterday! So excited!!!!

Take care and to those of you counting down for YOUR next trips! Have a WONDERFUL time!!!! :goodvibes

~Nancy~ (Emma's Mom)

Nancy,

So very glad they made it! As a mom, I know it makes us smile when our kids are happy. Can't wait to hear about their travels to the World.

And congrats on the new job!!! Just awesome! When do yall go back to school? We start back the first week in August. ...way too soon :upsidedow

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Have a great weekend!

Heather

Nancy,

So very glad they made it! As a mom, I know it makes us smile when our kids are happy. Can't wait to hear about their travels to the World.

And congrats on the new job!!! Just awesome! When do yall go back to school? We start back the first week in August. ...way too soon :upsidedow

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Have a great weekend!

Heather

Hey Heather!!! I keep getting happy texts from Emma, so I think they're having a really good time. :) Thank you!!! I believe I have to be at new teacher orientation the first Thursday and Friday of August, not sure, but I meet with HR next week, so I'll know then! It is way too soon! In Vermont we start the LAST week in August! LOL!

You too, have a wonderful weekend!!!

Nancy

Have an awesome trip! I know it'll be a lot of work, but hopefully it'll all go very smoothly for yall. :cool1:

It was SO MUCH FUN and I can't wait to share it all!!!!

Hope all is going well on your way down South!

Have a "Magical" vacation! Can't wait to hear all about it!:thumbsup2
Heather

Thank you! We had a wonderful time! :goodvibes

I must have missed the link for the PTR, cause I had no idea this was going on! The funny thing is that I was following along with your mom's move on instagram (I'm smk31) and didn't put it together that you were the DIS-er whose trip report I followed!

Just followed you!! :goodvibes

Just caught up. :)

Woot Woot! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter