“Ice Cream” made from Frozen Bananas ONLY

legalsea

<font color=darkorchid>The 'trick' would usually b
I wrote about this a while back, and decided to update.

This is a delicious and healthy recipe for ‘vegan ice cream’ I was given by a ‘raw food’ adherent (they only eat raw food; nothing heated over 118 degrees).

Slice/chop several bananas, and freeze (at least overnight).
Place frozen bananas into blender or food processor.
ADD: couple tablespoons of Agave
Plus couple teaspoons of vanilla extract.

Blend or process until creamy. Serve immediately.

The result is so delicious that my wife and I have tossed out the real ice cream (mostly sugar-free since I am a diabetic).

Agave syrup is made from a cactus-like plant found in South America. The ‘amber’ Agave looks like maple syrup, and tastes like maple syrup/honey. I use it on pancakes, etc. Agave has a very low glycemic value. 60 calories per two tablespoons. Find at your health food store or Amazon (I get the raw Blue Agave from Amazon).

My wife likes to add cinnamon to her frozen banana ice cream.

I have recently taken to adding a couple of tablespoons of Chocolate Cool Whip (add after you finish processing). Stir the cool whip in and you will swear you are eating chocolate ice cream.

Also, mix in a couple of frozen strawberries with the bananas for a result that tastes like strawberry cheesecake ice cream.

Eat as much as you like: bananas are very good for you.

If you peel a whole banana, wrap it in a ziploc sealed up really tight, and freeze for at least four hours, it will be much easier to chop!

Minus the Agave and plus a little milk, this is my Baby's Banana Pudding.

Thanks for the recipe. My niece and nephew are raw food vegans. They are coming over Monday to swim and play with my boys. Now I have something to make the day really special. Swimming and ice cream, I am trying to be their favorite aunt.:thumbsup2

I wrote about this a while back, and decided to update.

This is a delicious and healthy recipe for ‘vegan ice cream’ I was given by a ‘raw food’ adherent (they only eat raw food; nothing heated over 118 degrees).

Wait, there's people who not only don't eat any meat related products but don't eat anything heated?? geez...

Thanks for the recipe. My niece and nephew are raw food vegans. They are coming over Monday to swim and play with my boys. Now I have something to make the day really special. Swimming and ice cream, I am trying to be their favorite aunt.:thumbsup2

If they are raw food vegans, then get POWDERED vanilla extract! They will not eat vanilla extract with alcohol (since the alcohol was heated).

I found powdered vanilla extract at a Central Market. My wife prefers the flavor of the powder; I rather prefer my banana ice cream with that little extra 'kick' of liquid vanilla extract (which has 35 percent alcohol!).

Wait, there's people who not only don't eat any meat related products but don't eat anything heated?? geez...[/QUO

IS chocolate banned? If not, I think I could do it.

OP, thanks for the recipe. I think I will try it. I love icecream:goodvibes

If they are raw food vegans, then get POWDERED vanilla extract! They will not eat vanilla extract with alcohol (since the alcohol was heated).

I found powdered vanilla extract at a Central Market. My wife prefers the flavor of the powder; I rather prefer my banana ice cream with that little extra 'kick' of liquid vanilla extract (which has 35 percent alcohol!).

Thanks, I will go buy it this weekend. It is always hard when they come over because I want to spoil them but their diet is so limited.

In the past month my wife has lost 8 to 10 pounds simply substituting frozen banana ice cream for sweets. She often has a couple of big bowls a day.

In the past month my wife has lost 8 to 10 pounds simply substituting frozen banana ice cream for sweets. She often has a couple of big bowls a day.

That's good to remember. We just planted a banana tree in our backyard. I actually don't like raw bananas, but I do like them this way.

The riper the bananas, the sweeter the result. My wife lets our bananas get pretty black before she cuts them up.

What a great way to use over-ripened bananas! I have two or three in the freezer right now. I was saving them to make banana bread but I never seem to get around to it. This sounds yummy. I think I might use honey instead since I have it on hand.

Wait, there's people who not only don't eat any meat related products but don't eat anything heated?? geez...

Yes. It's really not a new movement. There's a lot of health benefits in eating raw foods. I try to eat a few raw food meals a week. It's really not that hard.

IS chocolate banned? If not, I think I could do it.

I think it depends how the chocolate is produced. I have had raw food dishes using chocolate so it's not a complete no-no. Maybe someone else has a better answer, though, as I'm not really sure.

I find it amusing that everyone keeps calling it "ice cream".

It's frozen pureed bananas. :rolleyes1

:thumbsup2 My boys love this! We started making it after the last time you posted. Great way to use up that bunch of ripe bananas. And really it has the perfect consistency of ice cream. The taste is bananay but I think if I add a little more vanilla I could get it even closer to just plain vanilla.
Thank you so much for posting this.

Or you could scrape out the insides of a vanilla pod.

This sounds yummy!!! I'm a vegetarian with a horrid sweet tooth. I need healthful dessert replacements. If you know any more please post!!

We use Agave instead of sugar too! The weird thing is that it tastes just like sugar in cereal, coffee, tea etc..., yet it still works for pancakes and waffle, in place of syrup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!