“Keys to the Kingdom tour” -Can anyone help me?

debidoesdisney

Mouseketeer
I have tried a search about 5 times and am not having any luck. Has anyone done this tour? Would it be good for a Disney junkie who has been to Disney many times but maybe looking for something different? Any details would be appreciated. Thank you

DW and I did the tour about three years ago and loved it!!!!!!:banana: We had probably been to WDW 20 trips before this and weren't sure if we were wasting our time and money or not. We are seriously thinking about doing it again on our December trip !!!! I don't think you'll be disapointed !!!:cool1: You go in the utilidors (sp) and behind the scene of some of the rides as well as ride some while the tour guide tells secrets about the ride and about hidden Mickeys. Also eat lunch at Harbour House and when we went you got a pin. Like I said, we LOVED it !!!!!

DW and I did this last October. If you love Magic Kingdom you will love this tour. It is everything the last Diser said it is. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Be prepared to walk a lot, but the pace is leisurely. You will learn all kinds of Disney "secrets":rolleyes1

I did this tour a number of years ago and I have been a Disney nut forever. I really enjoyed it. I also have done Behind the Magic Tour and loved that one as well. I am doing the Keys to the Kingdom again next month with my daughter (she's never done it). As others have said, it's a wonderful tour. I would recommend it to anyone who loves Disney and want to know everything about it. When I went the first time I was with my brother and I kept answering all the tour guide's questions until my brother called me "teacher's pet"! What I'm getting at is that even if you think you know it all (like me!) you will still enjoy this tour.

Enjoy!!

We did many years ago and it was well worth the money and time! we loved it...we saw what the previous posters said, and saw the behind the scenes for the Spectro Parade....where they store the floats and it was just a great experience!

It will "spoil" some of the magic....so be aware of Spoilers! But I think if you are a huge Disney fan, you will enjoy it! Happy Planning!:goodvibes

My wife and I did this tour last year, and LOVED it. We (well, I) have been to Disney 20+ times since 1982, and consider myself a fanatic of all things Disney. Along with that, I am sort of a historian to Disney and the creation of WDW. To actually see all the things that you have heard of and wondered if they really existed is truly amazing. WDW is a technological masterpiece and the crazy thing is, it has ALWAYS been, even in '71.

Glad you posted this. I just got off the phone and booked us for Aug. We have never done it before.

I went on the tour about 7 years ago so was hoping it was still "as good".
I've scheduled this tour for my mother and brother, who've not been, during our next trip this September. :woohoo:

We have this tour scheduled for our next trip. One question, slightly strange, but how does it work with the Columbia Harbor House? Are you given a menu before the tour starts, you tell them what you want, and they have it ready for you come lunchtime? Are you allowed to order anything? Is there a price limit - obviously not everything costs the same. We'll be doing the DxDP, and the KTTK is OOP anyway, but I'm curious whether you get a dessert, etc.

I have been on the "Backstage Magic Tour" ....TWICE!

This tour is for a true Disney nut. 7 hours of information and tons of backstage access, including the Utilidors.

I reccommend this tour over the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour, simply because you see/hear/learn more. However, the Backstage Magic tour is more expensive. Therefore, to save money, you might want to do the Keys to the Kingdom. Both are awesome.

Have a magical day!

We have this tour scheduled for our next trip. One question, slightly strange, but how does it work with the Columbia Harbor House? Are you given a menu before the tour starts, you tell them what you want, and they have it ready for you come lunchtime? Are you allowed to order anything? Is there a price limit - obviously not everything costs the same. We'll be doing the DxDP, and the KTTK is OOP anyway, but I'm curious whether you get a dessert, etc.

Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question, thus giving me the information too. ;)

I want to thank everyone for there responses. It definitely sounds like a winner.:banana: THis is why I love these boards.:love:

DH & I did this tour last summer & loved it! When you check in the for the tour, you will be given a choice of 2 or 3 meals to choose from for lunch (which is included in the price of the tour). I can't remember exactly what the choices were....chicken fingers basket, fish with fries....seems like a side & dessert was included. There is a reserved section of the restaurant for your tour group & a server will bring you your food. Hope that helps. Have fun! :)

im so glad everyone loves this tour! i have been 13 times since i was 8 (i am 19 now :hippie: ) and i finally decided it was time for a tour! i am an only child and mom and dad let me plan EVERYTHING! its cool! i let them help and give input, and change if they dont like it ,but i do most of it and make the ADR. well am doing this tour on TUESDAY!!!!! so i sure hope i love it as much as everyone else says!! and dad is a disney pin FREAK so he will be excited about the pin! i havent told him about that yet, so i am going to suprise him!!! :dance3:

im so glad everyone loves this tour! i have been 13 times since i was 8 (i am 19 now :hippie: ) and i finally decided it was time for a tour! i am an only child and mom and dad let me plan EVERYTHING! its cool! i let them help and give input, and change if they dont like it ,but i do most of it and make the ADR. well am doing this tour on TUESDAY!!!!! so i sure hope i love it as much as everyone else says!! and dad is a disney pin FREAK so he will be excited about the pin! i havent told him about that yet, so i am going to suprise him!!! :dance3:

When get back from your trip, please report back about your Keys to the Kingdom tour. I've got it scheduled 8/23!

It's cool, and some of the secrets are so obvious you're just stunned.. It is pretty cool the thought that goes into how they do stuff. Some of the stuff that they tell you though I still have hard time believing that's the reason they did it.... I would tell you, but we were told not to talk to anyone about it so the magic wasnt ruined for them. :goodvibes

If you go to the "Beyond the Theme Parks" section at www.allearsnet.com you'll find TONS of reviews of all the tours.

DH and I took the KTTK tour on our honeymoon and it was totally worth the price. We really loved every minute.

What time do you have your tour? I'm going to be taking the tour on Tuesday as well. We're also staying at POFQ. My DD is almost 17, so just about your age. We're doing the 8:30 tour. Should be fun! :thumbsup2

I took the tour in January, which was perfect because the temp was great and the park was not real crowded.

When you check in you place your lunch order.

You get your headsets all ready to go.

You grap bottled water to go.

You start on Main st and everyone introduces themselves and says what their Disney dream job would be.

Then the guide points out lots of trivia and fun things about main St. I love to point out the things I learned to others.

Then its off to Advertureland and more trivia before the Jungle Cruise.

After the jungle cruise you go out of the park to the place where the spectromagic floats are stored. You learn about the behind the scene preparation for the parades and about the character greetings.

From there you head to Columbia Harbor house for lunch. Everyone gets a cool surprise and there are more opportunities to ask your guide questions.

Then its off to the back entrance of the Haunted Mansion and a chance to find some Hidden Mickeys.

Lastly, you visit the utilidors. But before that, you are sworn to secrecy so you will not divulge any information about what you are about to see and hear. You also learn some neat trivia about Peter Pan's flight off the castle (ie. like where PP lands). The utilidors are cool to see, but the guide just keeps telling you more stuff.

It was a lot to remember. It was a great way to spend the morning. I am very glad I had the opportunity to do this tour. Enjoy!

. You also learn some neat trivia about Peter Pan's flight off the castle (ie. like where PP lands).

And here I thought it was where Tinkerbell landed
;)

Take the tour!!! We did with our boys 16 and 20 at the time 7 years ago.

We all loved it and remember most of the inside info.

The 16 is now 23 and a seasonal CM at EPCOT. We were all Disney freaks but he is now the freakest :banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter