“Mommy, can we go see SNOW WIPE at DIZZY WORLD?! … PEEZZZ” A March 2010 PTR w/pics

I forgot to mention I hit the 6 month mark of my countdown!!!! :yay: So sad I'm excited about that when most of you leave in less then a month. :rolleyes1

Okay heres some more DLR pictures for you before I leave for some yummy food! :cloud9:

2008tripcanon215.jpg

2008tripcanon214.jpg

2008tripcanon208.jpg

2008tripcanon245.jpg

See little Miss Reya in the Pumpkin?!

2008tripcanon254.jpg

2008tripcanon252.jpg

2008tripcanon249.jpg

Goofy's house

2008tripcanon248.jpg

yeah for 6 months! it will flyyyy by! I love when states/ towns have a "taste of" type event. I love me some good food..theres one in my area this weekend and I can't wait!

DL's Toon Town area is amazing. :lovestruc The picture of Reya in the pumpkin is too cute! :goodvibes

Happy 6 month countdown! :woohoo:

Okay, why is this parade NOT at Disney World?!?! I would be in my glory!!! Pixar movies are some of my favs! Yes the Block Party Bash has quite a few Pixar characters but it doesn't look like this one!

Congrats on the 6 months! Just wait until it gets to single digits :hyper:

Wow, looking at those pics it seems like Toontown at DL is MUCH cooler than at WDW. Is that true? It just looks like the houses are neater & there are more photo ops there.

DL's Toon Town area is amazing. :lovestruc The picture of Reya in the pumpkin is too cute! :goodvibes

Happy 6 month countdown! :woohoo:

Thank you!!

Have fun on your trip!!

Okay, why is this parade NOT at Disney World?!?! I would be in my glory!!! Pixar movies are some of my favs! Yes the Block Party Bash has quite a few Pixar characters but it doesn't look like this one!

Congrats on the 6 months! Just wait until it gets to single digits :hyper:

It was a SUPER cool parade and I'm glad we got a chance to see it. I have yet to see the Block Party Bash...where is that at?

I'm a little late on this but, if it was me I'd be spending all my time right there. I could just have my husband bring me back a souvenir. lol

LOL...... I will def. be there everyday after a long day at the parks... Think I need to load up on some candles and bath oils before I leave on my trip.

Wow, looking at those pics it seems like Toontown at DL is MUCH cooler than at WDW. Is that true? It just looks like the houses are neater & there are more photo ops there.

Oh yes..... SOOOOOOOO much better!!!!

OMG!!!! The newest Vampire Academy book is out?!?!? I had NOOOO idea! Gotta hit Barnes and Noble tomorrow!

So what did you think? You can read all of my thoughts in the "After Twilight Book Club" thread if you want to discuss the book I'd love to!

I am almost done with Catching Fire which is part 2 of "The Hunger Games" .. I'm not sure if you read that one. It's not something I would normally read but I picked it up and I got SUCKED IN SO HARD I read it in one night. Part 2, so far, is ok but not as good (typical).

I'm all caught up on your TR and i have to say: 1) I loved the pictures of the parade (not the pixar ones, though they were good, but the other parade). They were so clear and vibrant.. great job! 2) the pictures from your DAY 2 post.. those were also incredibley vibrant and clear. I love a good picture!

You said you were getting a new camera and I am so jealous! Your "old" camera was clearly better than my current ($350) camera and in no way could I afford a new one! What kind of camera WAS your old one? It was really nice.. I have always enjoyed your shots!

As usual, the pictures of Reya are amazing (and your little nephew too in his pirate ears.. too cute!) and I love following you on Facebook. The picture of her right after your comment "I love her expressions they crack me up" absolutely made me laugh out loud. She is too fun to look at! Thanks for sharing!

So what did you think? You can read all of my thoughts in the "After Twilight Book Club" thread if you want to discuss the book I'd love to!

I am almost done with Catching Fire which is part 2 of "The Hunger Games" .. I'm not sure if you read that one. It's not something I would normally read but I picked it up and I got SUCKED IN SO HARD I read it in one night. Part 2, so far, is ok but not as good (typical).

I'm all caught up on your TR and i have to say: 1) I loved the pictures of the parade (not the pixar ones, though they were good, but the other parade). They were so clear and vibrant.. great job! 2) the pictures from your DAY 2 post.. those were also incredibley vibrant and clear. I love a good picture!

You said you were getting a new camera and I am so jealous! Your "old" camera was clearly better than my current ($350) camera and in no way could I afford a new one! What kind of camera WAS your old one? It was really nice.. I have always enjoyed your shots!

As usual, the pictures of Reya are amazing (and your little nephew too in his pirate ears.. too cute!) and I love following you on Facebook. The picture of her right after your comment "I love her expressions they crack me up" absolutely made me laugh out loud. She is too fun to look at! Thanks for sharing!

Hello Darling.... I was wondering if you were still reading along?!? Glad to see ya. :)

I was using the older version of the Canon Digital Rebel in my older photos. It was a great camera but I screwed it up somehow and it now it takes photos with a huge black spot in the middle of all the pictures.

Thanks for all the lovely comments! You're so sweet. :)

I'm currently on page 296 of Catching Fire. I absolutley agree it's not nearly as good as Hunger games. :( I think it started out great until they started the games again.

I'm also currently reading the latest Vampire Academy book and twilight for the 3rd time. I can't even tell you how excited I am for the next movie. I'm going to be almost 38 weeks preggo when it comes out, so I told all my friends that we need to sit somewhere that I'll have easy access to the restroom. :rotfl2: I already pee every 30 mins, can't imagine how bad it's going to be then?!? ((sorry if that's tmi))

Hello Everyone!! Sorry I've been missing in action for the last couple of weeks. My husband and I have been dealing with ailing parents and have been a little stressed lately. My husbands Mother just found out she might have pancreatic cancer and my father just suffered from a stroke. Sometimes it feels like when it rains it pours. :sad2:

I needed to put a smile on my face and think of some happy Disney thoughts so I thought I would post some more Disney Photos. I hope everyone is well and doing better then us.

Roadtrip191.jpg

Roadtrip044-1.jpg

orange1.jpg

2008tripcanon406.jpg

2008tripcanon387.jpg

Roadtrip114.jpg

Roadtrip090.jpg

Roadtrip059-2.jpg

Oh Honey,

I am so sorry about your Dad and Mother in Law....:hug::hug::hug::hug: all around, I will keep you and your fmaily in my prayers.

OHHHHHH YAY MEL, You're here!!!!:banana:

Thank you! We're super excited to be expecting. It's going to be interesting having a 3 month old baby at the parks with us. My DD was 6 months the first time we took her to DL though, and she had the best time ever.

any tips at that age?

For those of you who are more experienced with flying do you have any advice? Is it better to wait till closer to departure, or is it better to purchase FAR in advance? Are there any secrets to getting better airfare?:confused3

okay, i just made it over and haven't finished the whole report yet,but...
from what i've found, tickets seem to be at a high price when you are far out from the travel date. when you start nearing the trip date, the prices start dropping (unless the flight is booking quickly) then at about a month or three weeks, tickets are up in teh air- they can rise, drop, or stay the same, depending on the fullness of the flight.
however, with most major airlines, if the flight fare drops after you book it, you can call and get a credit for the difference (typically a voucher towards a future flight) the trick is though that you have to catch it and notify them.

[QUOTE
Our flight leaves Denver at 8:05 AM and arrives in Orlando at 1:30 PM!! It’s going to be so nice to get to Orlando in 3 ½ hours rather then 3 ½ days!! But I won’t lie, I’m extremely nervous about taking a 3 month old and a 3 year old on the plane. Reya has only flown once and she was 3 months old at the time. She cried for the first 30 minutes of the flight, then fell asleep for the rest, so it wasn’t too bad. :confused3 I’m actually thinking she’ll do better then I do, I’m terrified of flying, but luckily I’ll have 3 other adults to help me with the baby.
QUOTE]

my dd's first flight was at just over 2 years- the flight itself was the best entertainment for her- soaring above the clouds. we also brought color wonders, books, and snacks. someone near us brought a mini etch-a sketch or something like that and it seemed to really be a hit. we also bought her a drink to have for ear popping.
i've always heard to feed the baby during take off and landing to help with ear popping, so that is what i'm planning on doing.

Thanks Jordan and Lizzy!!!!! I'm glad you're still here! :thumbsup2

And yes Jordan, I agree ..... Jordan is a great name!! That's the name of my favorite New Kid on the Block! :banana::rotfl2: Not that I listen to them anymore, but when I was 16 OHHHHH BOY!!!!!! I L.O.V.E.D Jordan :love:

jordan was my favorite too!

I'm not having ANY luck finding a decent priced rental car? We definitely need at least a FULL SIZED car to accomodate all of our lugguge, full sized stroller, and a crib. The cheapest I've found thus far is for $579.00 for 10 days? Does this sound like a good price to anyone? I'm kicking myself in the butt for not jumping on a car I saw at thrifty last week for $517.00. When I logged back on a couple of days ago to book the car it went up to over $900.00 :scared1:

typically, rental car agencies will charge you weekly rentals sometimes at 4 days, sometimes at 5 days. so possibly, extending your rental by a few hours to add an extra day could end up cheaper.
also, there are many, many fees added at airport locations. and there are sometimes fees added at hotel locations too. so if there was some way to shuttle to your hotel and maybe pick up a rental car at a different location, it could possible provide significant savings. for example, i just priced a one day full size rental at hertz in march- an airport rental could run $78- $92 for a full size, depending on if you pay in advance or not, but the same rental at the wyndham cost $67/ day, but the same full size rental at greenway ford with pickup service only cost $48/ day (the prices i listed are with taxes and fees)
i have no idea where greenway ford is- it was just a location i found that i knew was not an airport or hotel- but the moral is play around. it may be a bit more of a hassle, but at a savings of $30 a day, you could even taxi to the hotel if you could find a rental car pick up service.

I'm also sorry to hear about your ailing kin. I hope sunnier skies await you.

whoo, finally caught up! sounds like you've made most of the big decisions, i definetely agree with the non park hopper option. we went that way too, with earlier hours.

****Friendly Reminder****

september2009021.jpg

september2009023.jpg

I don’t know what’s happening to my sweet, loving, little girl!! We had NO problems at two and all of a sudden she’s turning into a lil devil at three!! She is definitely hitting the “TRYING THREE’S”

OHHHHHH BOY!!!!! :scared1:

these pics could be my dd at 3! totally obsession with chapstick AND total terror. thankfully she's really come around lately close to her 4th birthday last month. now she's just getting a bit sassy. already makes me dread the tween/teen years.

I know, it's so cute!!! I hate to admit it but it's so hard to find any REALLY cute boys clothes, it's so disapointing!! Having a girl has been so much fun because of all the adorable clothes they have out there for them. Don't get me wrong there are cute boys clothes but not nearly as many as girls.

the fun for boys clothing is the thrill of the hunt. i really have to look around to find something different from the typical. I LOVE to bargain hunt too, so its right up my alley. Ive been finding cute things at gymboree, crazy8, carters, and target. kohls had some cute things but i've been having terrible wash wear from there lately on the baby clothes (jumping bean brand). i also sometimes will buy a cute hat and get a few more basic tops to coordinate and that can be sooo cute!

with a 3 month old baby I’m thinking this just isn’t realistic and will be doing my planning a “little” differently this time. :rolleyes1

The two biggest changes are that I’m only going to make one ADR per day and instead of deciding EXACTLY what rides we’re going to ride and in what order I’m just going to make a MUST-DO list for the day. I guess we’ll see how it works out.?!?:confused3

;)

this is pretty much how i'm going. luckily, i have a baby who is just as likely to nap out in public then at home. so i'm hoping this trend will continue on our trip.
we are going to make a must do list, plan the fast pass runs for the morning, and go with the flow.

your DL pics make me want to go. we actually went last year for one day, but sort of on a whim. we we visiting friends at camp pendleton, and had the goal of doing MNSSHP. well, of course i made the mistake of telling dd we were trick or treating with mickey. and of course it was sold out. so we just decided to go for one day. 3 girls under 4, two pregnant women, and my poor dh. we didn't get there until maybe 10. we went to the parking lot, paid, and then proceeded to be directed in a line through the parking lot, back out to the streets, and then through another parking lot. so like an hour later, we finally hit the parking tram. we only saw about three characters that day, and each time we got to the front they took breaks. LOTS of tears form a sweet girl who had never been to anything disney in her life. the only redeeming feature to the day was that my bff was in an ecv and we got to hit almost every ride there that pregnant ladies could ride. i left knowing that we had to go back and do it right another day. you've got me wanting to go back.

i'm also jealous you live in denver area. my favorite band is from there and i swear i'd spend a million bucks on babysitters so i could see them in every single local concert ever.

sorry to hear about your family. hoping for a quick recovery by all.

I'm sad to hear about your family's health problems. My husband's mother is in her 80's and it seems like there's always something....it's just very hard, I'm so sorry that you're going through this :hug:

Thanks for posting more DL pics, I really want to get back there. I love those candy corn letters, too cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!