“Nyah, I can take it or leave it.”

beansf

Mouseketeer
Hello and welcome to my PTR. I have never written any sort of trip report before and, even more surprising, for you WDW veterans…I have never been to WDW. Being West Coast-ers makes DLR our home park.

Shall we begin with the introductions?

I am beansf (the SF stands for San Francisco). I am a 38 y.o. female, happily married to a 38 y.o. male (we’ll call him Mr. B) We live on the San Francisco Peninsula and work in the city for an insurance company. We met at work about nine years ago and have been married for almost five. In fact, this is basically our anniversary celebration trip. We have no children, but one furbaby. His name is Cooper and you can see his picture over to the left. He is the only one of us that is not shy, so he is likely the only face that will make it into any trip reports. Coop will be staying with my mom & her new cat, so she may have as big of an adventure by staying home as we have by travelling! Cross your fingers that the kitties get along well.

Background

The original plan was only to go on the Eastern Caribbean Cruise departing Port Canaveral on 10/23/10. We booked it last year while on our Western Caribbean Cruise (10/17/09). However, I could hardly abide flying all the way to Florida for a SECOND time and being THAT close and not going to WDW.

My husband was like, “Nyah, I can take it or leave it.”

WHAT?:confused3

Well, after much cajoling, pleading, nagging, etc. I got him to agree to a few quick hours at the World. I wanted seven days. This was not happening. He didn’t want to ask for that much time off of work. (Boo! Party pooper!!) I finally compromised on three days. Three days, people.:scared1: A mere blink of an eye and it would be gone. We would have to rule out one park altogether!! Due to my sneaky ways, we were able to avoid this catastrophe by flying overnight. Therefore, we are actually squeaking out three and a half days.

The Deets

So, our park days are: Tuesday, 10/19/10 – Friday, 10/22/10. I have selected DHS as our first park day and I am hoping that we can be in the park by 1 p.m. Our plane lands at 10:36. Am I being realistic? I hope so. There are only a couple of real must-dos at DHS for me, so I have promised myself as long as I can ride RNR and TOT, I will be okay missing all of the stuff that I know I am not going to have time to see. I will keep you posted on how that goes.

Wednesday will be our MK day. Mainly, I want to see the things I have heard are different than DLR, such as Pooh, Splash Mtn., POTC. It will be surreal to ride some of my favorites and find them to be completely (or at least somewhat) different.

Thursday is Animal Kingdom. I thought about skipping this one in order to devote two days to either Epcot or MK, but in the end I just have to ride EE. I have wanted to ride that thing since I watched a show about its construction before it was even open. It is about time I get on it. I am also looking forward to the safari, Triceratops Spin, and Dinosaur. Only time will tell if I am able to drag the old man to any shows, maybe only because he will be longing for air-conditioning.

Last, but certainly not least….Friday is reserved for Epcot and F&W. There is really a lot I want to see at Epcot and it is going to be crazy-hard trying to prioritize everything. I just have to remember, this is just my first trip: it certainly isn’t my last.

I have selected POFQ as our hotel. (Did I mention that I paid for the entire WDW portion of the trip myself? I figure, if it is free, how much can the hubby complain? Plus, after he has had the time of his life, he is going to owe me BIG.) After my sister gets her second kid out of high school (2012) she and I are for sure going to WDW to celebrate :banana: and I may spring for Deluxe if I can at all afford it, but for this trip, I decided Moderate would be okay.

Since it is such a quick trip and we really want to maximize ride time, I went with QSDP. I hope I can navigate it without coming off like the most clueless sole ever to grace a Disney park. I am dying to try some of the full-service restaurants (like Prime Time), but that will have to wait for another time (maybe that trip with sis). The only ADR I have made is for breakfast at Kona Café on the Saturday morning prior to our cruise. We are to Tonga Toast at 7:55 a.m.

I would not say we have a set itinerary, but I have printed out the touring plans from touringplans.com so that I would have some sort of guide. It is going to be so strange going into the parks with no idea where anything is after feeling so “at home” at Disneyland.

Well, that is all I have for the moment. Thanks for checking my PTR out. :) I hope to return with a full-fledged report in just a few weeks!

Well, I tried to talk the hubby into the Not-so-Scary Halloween Party. (I know, it is lame that I don't even remember the proper title for it. I blame middle age.) However, last year I basically forced him to wear a costume for the trick or treating on DCL and the costume contest and I can't say it was really all that fun. Plus, the candy they gave out wasn't that good. I know, you are probably wondering why an old person such as myself is that wrapped up in candy...I have no excuse. I just love candy. :love:

So, no Halloween party for us. It will be nice to see WDW all decorated though and we will get to see the F&W Festival. I used to enjoy going to the DLR during Halloweentime, but I haven't been in a few years. Seeing the commercials about the Space Mountain overlay makes me wish I was going this year. Does WDW do any holiday overlays? I don't even know. Surely, I would have heard about it if they did...

Well, I now have all the paperwork I need to go:

1. Magical Express tickets and luggage tags
  2. DCL luggage tags
  3. Weird discount book from Magic Your Way package including nothing I will use
  4. ADR confirmation for Kona Cafe
  5. Flight confirmations to and from, US Airways going and Delta coming back

I can't believe I am less than a month away. After booking the cruise a year ago and adding the WDW portion in January, the wait has been long. Will it be worthwhile? I am betting it will. I am think I will call my actual TR: The "I told him so" trip to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter