“The 9 of us, Make that 10, 1st Christmas Trip, and Buying Out All of Disney!”

snookie5605

Mouseketeer
Let me start off by apologizing to anyone who followed my past PTR and TR (“Is there anything in my teeth?”) from last year. I never finished it because it was just too hard with my old job. I never had time to work on it and transfer pictures. But I am attempting it again, since now I have more time to work on them with my new job.

So I’ll get started with the list of characters. And when I say characters, I mean my family is a group of characters all on our own. This was a trip my DH and I were supposed to take alone to see the Christmas decorations. It was also supposed to be our last trip for a while because eventually we were going to start to try to have a baby and just figured we would wait until the baby would be 3 or 4. When we mentioned this, my parents decided they wanted to go. Then my sister, her hubby, and her 3 kids decided so did they. Well this trip has changed at least 6 times so far, before it was finalized. Originally we were driving down on Thanksgiving to Savannah, eating turkey dinner at Paula Deen’s restaurant (I’m obsessed with her!), staying over, and then driving to Orlando the next day. Then we were staying at a hotel that Friday and Saturday and then checking into SSR through renting DVC points from Sunday 11/28-12/5. But when we started looking at the prices to rent a 15 passenger van and the money for hotels, I decided to mention flying because it just seemed cheaper and a lot easier.

Well we changed hotels and ideas a million times before settling on these final plans:

Thursday 11/25-Thanksgiving->1. We are flying out of Philly on Airtran Airways at 1:03pm. 2. Renting a minivan for only 11/25-11/28 and staying at a condo called Grand Palms. It’s one of those ones you can rent that sleeps like 10 people. Really nice and REALLY cheap!

Sunday 11/28->1. Returning minivan 2. Checking into SSR, again we are renting points through DVC for a studio for my parents and a 2 bedroom for the rest of us.

OK, I had to explain that before the characters!

Me- Courtney, psychotic Disney freak and planner, got engaged here, honeymooned, and had 2st anniversary. I’ve been coming here for like 21 years or so.
DH-Mike, not so much a Disney fan. We’ve been to Disney the past 5 years in a row, so he’s sick of it but that’s what happens when he proposes at the Happiest Place on Earth!

DM- Carole, my mom, she will go along with anything

DF-Caesar, my dad, still up in the air if he is going or when he is going because he doesn’t want to leave his dog!

DS-Carole Ann, my sister, not much to say about her, she’s just a lot of fun to be with

DB-Anthony, my brother in law, almost as big of a Disney freak as me!

DN-Chynna, my niece, second year college student who can get a bit snippy if she gets annoyed with something

DNe-Anthony, my nephew, also my godson, who is not a big fan of any scary or crazy rides

DNe-Santino, my other nephew, loves sports and is thrilled to go on an airplane. Did I mention that DS, DB, and DNe Ant are all deathly afraid to fly. They always drive down to Disney so the boys have never been on a plane. They actually think that they are going to have to semi-drug Lil Ant to even get into the airport!

The Peanut-Here is the surprise 10th guest. Back in July I found out that I am pregnant with our first child. Totally unplanned! But I’m glad it happened because now this really is getting in my last trip for a while! When we go I will be about 6 months pregnant so that should be fun.

This also brings up the other part of the title. When I found out, my sister was so excited that she plans on buying out everything at Disney! I mean I do too but she’s gonna go nuts! I am finding out what it is so that we have an idea of things to buy! I’m even naming it something to do with Disney. See I told you I’m a freak!

So that’s the crew. Onto the plans I guess. Like I said, we are still up in the air about my dad. One minute he is going and leaving with us, the other he is driving down with his dog and keeping him at the new Best Friends Resort, and then he’s meeting us down there. So who knows! All I know is I’m done worrying about it! I planned everything already and whatever he is there for he is there for.

Thursday November 25th, Thanksgiving and Departure Day:
1. Leave for the airport around 11:00am. We are only 5 minutes from there so that’s not a big deal if we run a few minutes late.
2. Flight leaves at 1:03pm and should arrive in Orlando around 3:34pm.
3. Pick up car at Alamo around 4pm
4. Check into condo, go food shopping, settle in, etc…
5. Dinner-Cape May Café at 8:05pm. Totally excited to be having Thanksgiving dinner in Disney! This will also begin our trip to the resorts to see the decorations! Tonight we will only do Beach and Yacht Club.

Friday, November 26th:
1. Breakfast-Kona Café at 9:20am!!!! This is me, DH, and DN favorite place in the world to eat breakfast. That Kona coffee and Tonga Toast is to die for. We love it so much, I booked it twice! We will also be looking at the decorations in the Polynesian.
2. Back to the condo, play mini golf, go in pool, go to Downtown Disney, whatever we feel like. This is a free day for the most part.
3. Dinner- T-REX at 5pm. We will also be walking around, shopping, and of course seeing Santa and the decorations!

Saturday, November 27th-Universal/Islands of Adventures Day:
1. Breakfast at the condo, then onto Universal/Islands. Lunch will be there too and then its back to the room.
2. Dinner- Spirit of Aloha Show at 8pm.

Sunday, November 28th-check in to Saratoga Springs:
1. Breakfast at condo, then pack, go food shopping for anything else we need, leave condo around 10:30 or 11am and head over to SSR and try to check in.
2. The plan is if we can’t check in, we are going to leave some stuff there probably and either go to Downtown Disney for lunch or eat at resort.
3. The car has to be returned to the Dolphin by 3:30pm, so we will do that.
4. Dinner-Narcoosee’s at 7:10pm. We will also be looking at the decorations and the shops at the Grand Floridian.

Monday, November 29th-Magic Kingdom:
1. Opens at 9am, hours are from 9am-9pm, EMH 9PM-12AM, parade is at 3pm, Spectro or MSEP is at 8pm, and Wishes are at 9pm.
2. Breakfast-Crystal Palace at 8:10am
3. Lunch-Liberty Tree Tavern at 12:45pm
4. Dinner at Cosmic Rays

Tuesday, November 20th, MVMCP:
1. Breakfast at Boma at 8:30am. Looking at decorations here also.
2. Then go back to the room, pool, maybe go to Boardwalk to see decorations
3. Dinner at 1900 Park Fare at 4:35pm
4. MVMCP!!!! Very excited, never been so we all cant wait! And we already have our tickets, well we bought them, we have to pick them up at the desk!

Wednesday, December 1st- EPCOT:
1. Opens at 9am, hours 9am-9:30pm, tree lighting is at 6pm, fireworks are at 9:30pm
2. We are all very excited for this day to see the different people at each country for the holidays. My mom also loves it here so she cant wait.
3. Breakfast-Cape May Café at 7:50am
4. Probably walk to EPCOT, if not we will take the boat.
5. Lunch-Tutto Italia at 12:50pm
6. Dinner-Nine Dragons at 7:15pm, never ate here so I cant wait for it!

Thursday, December 2nd-Hollywood Studios:
1. Opens at 9am, hours 9am-8pm, fireworks are at 6:3-pm, osbourne lights go on around 6pm
2. Breakfast-Starring Rolls Café
3. Lunch-Mama Melrose at 12:15pm
4. Dinner-Sci Fi at 7:50pm

Friday, December 3rd-EPCOT/Magic Kingdom:
1. My parents are not going with us this day, just an extra day so we can use the tickets.
2. Breakfast-Kona Café at 8:10am. We are all going here to breakfast and then parting our ways.
3. Taking the monorail over to MK for the morning
4. Lunch-Tony’s Town Square at 11:45am
5. Heading over to ECPOT, they have EMH from 9pm-12:30am
6. Dinner-Le Cellier at 4:40pm

Saturday, December 4th-Golf and Spa Day:
1. Today the plan is for the boys to go golfing cuz my husband loves to golf and has been dying to golf there. And the girls are going to the spa for some massages!
2. Breakfast-Whispering Canyon at 8am. Never been for breakfast so we cant wait. Also seeing the decorations.
3. No times yet for the golf or spa so will get back to you with that.
4. Lunch- probably at SSR
5. If we need to go back to MK for any souvenirs or anything, we may do that because we are buying the 5 days, get 1 free tickets from Undercover Tourist, so we may need to use this ticket. If not, its free, so whatever. We may also go to Downtown Disney or the Boardwalk.
6. Dinner-probably at SSR
7. Then I was thinking about heading over to Beaches and Cream for some sundaes!

Sunday, December 5th-Departure Day:
1. Today we leave. Nothing too exciting about this, actually its pretty depressing if I must say.

So those are the plans and I normally stick to them exactly, so we will see. I don’t know how well I will be feeling with the pregnancy so that’s going to be an issue. I may need to rest more than I had planned but who knows. I get a kick of energy everytime I am in Disney so I may be good. I guess this is it so far for the PTR. As it gets closer or I find out times for the golf and spa, I will post some more things! Hope you all enjoy and I promise I will finish it this time!

just wanted to say that we are 72 days away! i cant believe its coming up so soon. oh and my dad finally confirmed and booked everything. he is leaving with us on thanksgiving, he actually got the last seat in my row so that worked out. but he is coming home on thursday the 2nd because he has to get his dog from petsmart. he is also renting another car for the first three days so that we have more room cuz all we had was a 7 passenger minivan for 9 people plus luggage! but i also wanted to post some pics of the crew that is going along. these are all from my niece Chynna's HS grad so she'll be in all of them.

DSCI0014.jpg

my sister, niece, brother in law and the boys

DSCI0010.jpg

my dad, chynna, my mom

DSCI0011.jpg

me, chynna, my husband

Decided to come say hi since you posted over on my TR. You will love SSR! It is our home resort and we always enjoy staying there. We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom villas a couple years ago when my whole family went and it was SO nice. We were in Congress Park so we had a nice view of DTD from our balcony too. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

I'm in for your PTR.
Congrats on the baby also! You will find so much at Disney to buy!!!!:lovestruc

I did a trip like that with 9 people last Easter, There is a TR about it. I hope you guys are on the same page with respect to touring, or are willing to split up. Good luck with the Peanut!!

HB

I did a trip like that with 9 people last Easter, There is a TR about it. I hope you guys are on the same page with respect to touring, or are willing to split up. Good luck with the Peanut!!

HB

thanks! yeah we all seem to be on the same page. i emailed everyone the itinerary and told them whatever they dont want to do, they dont do. nobody is stopping me from enjoying my last trip to disney for a few years!;) its mostly my parents i have to worry about but i think they are all in. thank god it wont be too hot though!

I'm in for your PTR.
Congrats on the baby also! You will find so much at Disney to buy!!!!:lovestruc

thank you! i know there will be. ive always pointed it out to my hubby saying when we have a kid i want this and this and this! :rotfl2: i just hope the obgyn gets the sex right! cuz if not me and my sis are in big trouble!

Decided to come say hi since you posted over on my TR. You will love SSR! It is our home resort and we always enjoy staying there. We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom villas a couple years ago when my whole family went and it was SO nice. We were in Congress Park so we had a nice view of DTD from our balcony too. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

thats go good to hear! i hope we get congress park. i asked the girl we are renting the points from to request it and she did so we'll see. it will be nice for me too since ill be 6 months pregnant!

just a quick update....we are at our 30 day mark finally! we also got our magical express stuff for our flight home so im so excited! tomorrow i find out if im having a boy or a girl so then we'll really be set for disney and ready for shopping! dont know if i mentioned this but i am also only naming the baby something disney so i figured id throw some names out there that i am thinking of. some of them you may not think are disney but trust me, they are, i found them online from movies that arent very common.

for boys: drake, casey, dash, and blake

for girls: ariella (combo of ariel and cinderella, my two fav princesses)

i do need some more ideas for girls because not to be gross but my dad and my niece are saying she will be made fun of with that name because it sounds like "areola"! lovely i know, haha.

so i guess thats it for now, ill probably update after i find out what the baby is.

well it seems to be that its a girl! they said that it is never 100% but we had two techs and the four of us and we all saw the same thing. so we'll be having a little disney princess of our own!princess:

hey everyone! just wanted to say that i leave in 2 days! i most likely will not be on here tomorrow so this is my farewell post! i have way too much to do with packing and bringing my dogs to my mother-in-laws, etc... i cant believe its hear already! hope you all stick around and wait because i promise i will finish this trip report! well i guess thats it! hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving! take care and ill be writing soon!

i know i know, I DID IT AGAIN! go on a trip and make a pre trip report and never post about how it was. it just got so crazy! when we got back we only had like 3 weeks before christmas and then before you know it i was at my baby shower and then the little girl arrived. well Ariella Lucia was born on March 25, 2011, 3 days late. I had to be induced because of my blood pressure suddenly going up. My birthday is March 21st so we are 4 days apart which is nice, glad it wasnt on my birthday! i had some complications after the delivery, hemorrhaging being one of them. went back into the hospital 10 days post-partum and they found out that some of the placenta was left so i had to have emergency surgery. but everything is good now. My little princess just turned 6 months already on Sept 25th!! i cant believe how fast time goes by. she is getting so big......and yes we are not waiting that long to take her to disney. we plan on going in 2014 for her 3rd birthday and my 30th birthday. if i dont spend my 30th in disney im gonna be really depressed reaching that age! :)

so i dont know if i remember it all so i may just post pictures on here and tell some stories along with it from what i remember. ill also post a pic of Ariella!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!