“What’s Next” for Disneyland Resort! event summary

Disney Dreams

Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
There was a special, “What’s Next” event at DLR today.

Hosted by Russ Marchand, along with Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Tom Staggs

Some announcements of note (a few are not new news, but some are):

* Additional highlights to Summer Nightastic! also include Pixie Hollow Enchantment which brings nighttime sparkle to Pixie Hollow

* Disney Cruise Line is pleased to return to the Port of Los Angeles

* Disney Cruise Line’s West Coast cruises will sail to Alaska and the Mexican Riviera (SOOO excited about this!)

* Kids 17 and under sail free on 7-Night Mexican Riviera cruises with two full-fare guests in the same stateroom

* Two new themed suites are being added to DIsneyland Hotel; Big Thunder Suite and Fairy Tale Suite (squeal! I want to stay in the Fairy Tale Suite!)

* There are major changes to the Disneyland Hotel pool area:

Then Kathy Magum, Executive Producer and Vice President from Walt Disney Imagineering took the stage.

* Showed a virtual walk through of Cars Land

Then Kathy Rogers, Senior Show Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering provided details on Star Tours.

* The reimagineered Star Tours has a new tagline: “The Adventures Continue”

* The timing of the Star Tours story occurs sometime between Episodes 3 and 4

* There are multiple destinations on the Star Tours trip, including Coruscant

* Disneyland’s Star Tours is closing July 27; Monday, July 26 is the last day to ride.

* September 8 is the last day to ride Walt Disney World’s Star Tours

Lisa Girolami, Director, Senior Show Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering presented the latest on Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure via artwork.

* Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure opens in 2011

Jodi Benson, the original voice of Ariel, sang a medley of classic tunes from The Little Mermaid including “Part of Your World” and “Under the Sea”

- Dreams

I really want to see the walk through for Cars land! I am super excited about this! Also, about time for the Star Tours refurb! My wife and I were talking about this the other day. Her Uncle, now retired, worked Star Tours for many years and it holds a special place in our hearts, but it needs an update which looks like is now happening!

Thanks for the updates, how exciting! I'm kind of sad my dd never got to go on the "original" Star Tours (or my dh, now that I think about it) but it definitely needs a refurb.

Thanks for the update - it all looks very exciting! Can't wait to try the new version of Star Tours when it opens. If it has multiple destinations, I guess it will require multiple rides.

ETA: I take back my Woohoo!!! It's only for the first 2 months. We won't be able to go until Fall.

Just booked the Mexico Cruise! We have been wanting to go on a Disney cruise, and kids cruise free sure made up our minds for us!

You will love it! :banana::banana:
Is that deal just for 2010 or does that apply for 2011 as well? I went to the website, but the deal did not come up when they quoted my price for November 2011. Thanks!

Here's a quick picture of Jodi Benson's performance. It was awesome.

31376_1373386049531_1078190639_30890549_1001485_n.jpg

It would be fun to ride Star Tours on the last day in July. The purists will be out in force... and with 'the force!'

One last chance to see the giant magnifying glass from Adventures Through Inner Space in the space depot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter