“Wow, Disney is Far Far Away” A Single Mom’s Road Trip to Disney: June 2013 TR

I've been reading just not commenting as we've been super busy! I'm amazed about how good you are about going at a leisurely place! It would drive me a little nuts I think.

Found your trip report last night and am all caught up now!

My 2.5 year old daughter was reading along with me earlier and she kept saying, "Her skirts are so PRETTTYYY!" She loved your daughter's skirts! :thumbsup2

Aha, good thinking on the princess fastpasses.

I LOVE that family castle photo. I don't think I've ever done one in that spot... but I'm going to now.

I had to do a double take to make sure that was indeed a book on Alice's head. Cute. ::yes::

Thanks, that picture was my favorite photopass shot. I'm surprised that spot by the rose garden doesn't get more traffic.

freckles04 said:
I can't wait to read what's next, but I don't want your TR to be over! :sad1:

Awww, I don't want it to be over either. We are definitely already trying to figure out dates for next year.

Paigesmom2013 said:
I've enjoyed reading your trip reports. You seem like such a patient mom, especially for being a single parent!

I did have a question: I know you had a car on property, so what was your strategy for taking the bus to the parks?

Thanks, this was actually the first time I had my van on property. My strategy starts with my son's stroller. The link below is a video demo. The easy fold demonstrated at about the 50 second mark makes taking the bus doable. I've had men approaching me to help (thinking I've left my son in it too long) just as I pull that strap and walk right on to the bus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnOaPNivRrs

I use a backpack as my park bag, so I can hold ds' hand. On our first trip, ds was 10 months old and I wore him in an ergo carrier.

http://store.ergobaby.com/

There were a couple of times when I considered driving to the parks, but dd and I agreed on just taking the bus the whole time. She even said one day, "Didn't you pay for us to ride when you paid to stay here?" I really didn't realize she understood it to that level.

Disneylovershome said:
More please

Coming up :welcome:

ArwenMarie said:
Aw, what a nice story about Belle!

You seem to use your misting fans a lot...I'm on the fence about getting some for our trip. Do they really help to cool you off?

We love our misting fans. I have them at Disney, at the zoo if we go when it's warm, at a Science Center we have gone to when it was warm, at early season football games that are played in August and early September, you name it. We use our dry ones when there are a lot of people around.

We really do feel cooler using them. I also had the frog togg cooling towels, but we didn't pull those out. You are going in August if I read your signature correctly. I'd probably have it all: misting fans, mini fans and cooling towels. I would usually spray our faces, the top of ds' head, the back of our necks, etc. They really do help. I think it is going to be hotter for you than it was for us.

Aurora1972 said:
I've been reading just not commenting as we've been super busy! I'm amazed about how good you are about going at a leisurely place! It would drive me a little nuts I think.

It definitely isn't for everybody. That's partly why I haven't invited anyone along other than the costs. Unfortunately since I can't take my dd out of school I can only really go when it's as some people call it "surface of the sun hot". :rotfl2: I have resolved it inside me that this is how our Disney World experience would be. Then add in dd's challenges which do come with us and affect the trip, I've resolved this crew will go no where fast.

lauren_elizabeth said:
Found your trip report last night and am all caught up now!

My 2.5 year old daughter was reading along with me earlier and she kept saying, "Her skirts are so PRETTTYYY!" She loved your daughter's skirts!

Awww, thanks. We have had those types of skirts or similar on the last two trips and my daughter really loves them. Etsy and ebay certainly have no shortages of these little things. My daughter loved how they fly when she spun around.

Glad you are enjoying the report.

Day 9, 7th and final park day, part 2: I thought I was doing this for my daughter.

I love the Princess Tiana meet and greet. Dd always get the sweet and shy look with her.

At this point ds must have realized he was missing something. The Photopass photographer caught him jumping out of his stroller to get in on the meet. He’s a real life flirt that one. He has been smiling at women ever since he could smile.

He made his way over and dd introduced him to Tiana.

He still had hold of her hand when she hugged dd.

Then he had his moment too.

Once that was over, we made our way to the front of the park. The CM was right. When we arrived the wait was 70 minutes. :faint: We went to the fast pass entrance and ended up behind this guy trying to convince the CM to let him in early. She was not budging. She checked ours and let us through.

I think we waited probably 20 minutes, maybe 30. First was Cinderella. She didn’t have a Photopass photographer. I guess they were short that day.

Next was Aurora. While she was signing the books, ds decided to show off his dancing skills.

Aurora thought it was cute. Dd not so much.

He was pretty proud of himself.

Then they had the group shot.

I think Aurora asked ds to promise to take care of his sister. She tried to get him to “pinky swear”, but he had no idea what that meant to she just stood there grinning.

Next was Rapunzel. Ds was not done dancing. Even being the flirt he has been, I was surprised by how he was trying to impress the princesses. Rapunzel talked about how Maximus had done a similar dance for her. He was clearly trying to impress her. Look how he’s looking at her.

Dd and Rapunzel were trying to keep a straight face as ds continued to dance. For dd it was a little difficult.

As ds calmed down the photo pass photographer kept snapping.

He finally got what he was after.

As we were leaving I laughed so hard at dd telling ds he had embarrassed her in front of Rapunzel. We headed to the bus stop. It was time for pool time and a nap. How would the evening go?

Up next: Flexible Mommy is put to the ultimate test.

Oh my goodness, I am loving this report, I just found it today and I have read the whole thing!

You have a beautiful family, I love the pictures and I love the way you tour the parks. I especially love the character pics, my kids are more or less grown so we don't do much of that anymore.:(

I love the pettiskirts your dd wears and seeing your son flirt with those princesses made my day!

Can't wait to read the rest of it!

Thanks for the advice on the fans! Yes, I think in August I will need all of the help I can get!

He is a riot with the princesses! :lovestruc

Where did you get the clip-on stroller fan? I could get one for our umbrella stroller. Then again, DD may never get out of the stroller!

I have loved your trip report! We are itching to get back to WDW but since I just went back to school, it will probably be 2 years before we make it back. Your children are precious and it's obvious you are a great mom! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your report!

He is such a flirt!

I love the look on your daughter's face. Pretty sure she wishes the ground would open up and swallow her! :rotfl:

Just finished reading your entire report. You have a beautiful family. Just reading along I can tell what love you have for each other. Blessings to you.:goodvibes

I am really enjoying your trip report! You have a lovely family. Can't wait to hear more!!

I'm placing a bet that your DS will be quite the ladies' man one day! :rotfl:

Those are priceless pictures!

I love the purple outfit your daughter is wearing. She just looked perfect!
And wow! Those photos from last year when she was with Belle! Those pics are beautiful!!

I was thinking about doing a Tusker breakfast on my next trip and your family really seemed to enjoy it there. I think I will see if I can get that reservation.

I'm sorry this report is almost over. I really did enjoy it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thanks everyone for continuing to read the report. I'm still around. I had to finish a Special Needs binder for the Board and Administration of my daughter's school. They are making big changes to the curriculum and want to do more for children with learning challenges and I'm I guess the most vocal parent with an LD/ADHD child. Big opportunity to do more for my dd and others.

I'll respond to the recent comments tonight and try to finish up over the next few days.

Hi, I was able to get caught up with your report, I have been having computer problems. UGH. Anyway, this report continues to be great and I love all the pictures. Your kids are beautiful and I love how you tour the parks. I did alot of what you do on our trips, go with the flow. My kids always travelled well, like yours.

Oh my gosh.

I've been reading along (silently) for a while now but your son dancing to impress the princesses was the sweetest thing! What a little sweetheart, I just had to comment! I've been the embarrassed sister though :rotfl:

I'm really enjoying your trip report! You have a lovely family.

Love, love, love your trip report!! Can't wait to read more. Your children are adorable, it looks like you all had an awesome trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter