“Wow, Disney is Far Far Away” A Single Mom’s Road Trip to Disney: June 2013 TR

Wonderful trip report! :thumbsup2 You are an awesome mom to take on a long drive like that with two young children, and you organize and plan everything so well. Your children are such good travelers! I definitely see how driving is worth it though with how high airline fares can get; and it also allows you to pack all the stuff you want. :thumbsup2
I can't believe how big your son has gotten! He is such a big boy now with his Kindle, flirtatious moves and all! Your daughter is growing up to be such a beautiful young lady. I love that she still wants to do BBB and enjoy that experience while she can as childhood is so fleeting these days. The outfit you picked out for her BBB makeover is beautiful. I love those tutu skirts your DD wore throughout the trip. I also think it is so nice how you got to take your time and explore the World Showcase side of Epcot. That is something we haven't done a great deal of. My crew is very ride oriented so we end up spending most of our time at the Future World side of Epcot and only briefly visit a couple countries in the World Showcase. On our trip this past May we only got to explore China (my kids wanted to see the acrobatic performers) and Mexico (we all wanted to do the Donald Duck boat ride). On our 2011 trip we did one of our two Epcot days on our arrival afternoon and just briefly explored Canada, the UK, and France that evening before finding a spot to watch Illuminations. I also love your pics of the Jammin Jungle Parade at AK. We had the chance to experience this parade for the first time on our recent trip and it was so much fun! I am happy that the weather was better on your trip this year after what you experienced last year with tropical storm Debby. Glad you had a magical trip!

Wonderful trip report! :thumbsup2 You are an awesome mom to take on a long drive like that with two young children, and you organize and plan everything so well. Your children are such good travelers! I definitely see how driving is worth it though with how high airline fares can get; and it also allows you to pack all the stuff you want. :thumbsup2
I can't believe how big your son has gotten! He is such a big boy now with his Kindle, flirtatious moves and all! Your daughter is growing up to be such a beautiful young lady. I love that she still wants to do BBB and enjoy that experience while she can as childhood is so fleeting these days. The outfit you picked out for her BBB makeover is beautiful. I love those tutu skirts your DD wore throughout the trip. I also think it is so nice how you got to take your time and explore the World Showcase side of Epcot. That is something we haven't done a great deal of. My crew is very ride oriented so we end up spending most of our time at the Future World side of Epcot and only briefly visit a couple countries in the World Showcase. On our trip this past May we only got to explore China (my kids wanted to see the acrobatic performers) and Mexico (we all wanted to do the Donald Duck boat ride). On our 2011 trip we did one of our two Epcot days on our arrival afternoon and just briefly explored Canada, the UK, and France that evening before finding a spot to watch Illuminations. I also love your pics of the Jammin Jungle Parade at AK. We had the chance to experience this parade for the first time on our recent trip and it was so much fun! I am happy that the weather was better on your trip this year after what you experienced last year with tropical storm Debby. Glad you had a magical trip!

Thanks for all of your comments. We're hoping for even better weather on our next trip. I just booked us for a short stay in April 2014 for my daughter's birthday. :cool1:

Just read your whole trip report and loved it! Your family is precious and it was fun to follow along. I see you're working on a new TR now and I can't wait to see how your kids have grown and what kinds of things you did on the last trip. I hope it involved doing those things you had to miss that last night!

I just read your whole report, you did a great job with all the pictures and stories. Your children are adorable and I was so impressed with how good they were to each other and you. Each day seemed to be filled with fun things. Great job!
:cool1:

Just read your whole trip report and loved it! Your family is precious and it was fun to follow along. I see you're working on a new TR now and I can't wait to see how your kids have grown and what kinds of things you did on the last trip. I hope it involved doing those things you had to miss that last night!

Wow, thanks for the kind words. I’ve been having trouble with my pictures from the 2014 trip, getting them into photobucket and such but I still hope to do the report. And yes, :yay: we did get MSEP and Wishes in on the trip, although not on the night we planned. I’m actually considering driving down if we go back in 2015.

I just read your whole report, you did a great job with all the pictures and stories. Your children are adorable and I was so impressed with how good they were to each other and you. Each day seemed to be filled with fun things. Great job!
:cool1:

Thank you. We love to travel together and we are crazy about Disney World. I do have a desire to do a cruise next year but I already know they are trying to figure a way to get back there. So neat to see this report pop up again. I am still working on the 2014 report and having some challenges, but maybe reading this one again will give me more motivation.

Just read your whole trip report and loved it! Your children are adorable and you are so in tune to their needs! Can't wait to hear about your next adventure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter