£450 enough for 3 nights?

megadethrules

Earning My Ears
Hi there, I'm a 17 year old Scottish big kid at heart who's looking to go on his first solo (sans parents) excursion to Disneyland this year!

Basically, I've been trying to budget and I've came up with this, based on 4 people going with 2 rooms (2 in each room) flying with ryan air:

Flights will cost £330.36 return to Beauvias (sp?) for four people
(I know this airport is a bit out of the way so any tips on the single easiest and cheapest way to get to DLP from here are helpfull)

3 nights at Santa Fe will cost £382.00 for 2 people (so with 2 rooms, that would be double that, obviously)
The website has led me to believe this includes park entry for all of our stay?
Am I correct in assuming this? also , does this include Disney Studios (haven't been there yet)

So for accomodation and flights for one person that would be £273.59 based on flights for £82.59 and £191 for the hotel/park entrance.

That would leave me with approx £176 spending money (as will the other people in my party) which is around 257 euros. Is this enough to finance a decent stay , including a possible trip into paris via metro during one of the days? Keep in mind there will be four of us so we will add up our money and split it for transportation. We are also possibly looking at car hire for the travelling if it works out more cost effective to get to the park.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hi megadethrules and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Your daily budget of just under £60/€85 should be sufficient to have a good holiday. Have a look at www.dlpfoodguide.com for an indication of food prices along with the Restaurant FAQ at the top of the board.

Thanks a lot mon frere!

I always enjoyed the blue lagoon on my past visits so I'm thinking that would be a nice place to have our final meal before returning home. No doubt I will end up doing tons of overtime at the UK's equivelant of Disney (ASDA :P) anyway for extra cash, but its good to know my budget should be enough!

Thanks for the help!

hi there we have done the preswick trip to beauvais 3 times with no problems it takes about 2 to 2.5 hous to get from beauvais to dlrp there is a bus outside the airport 13euro per person that takes you into port maillot paris you then need to go to the rer station across the road via la concorde fayete shopping centre its pretty cheap about 12 euros or less i think per person cant remember exactly tou need to change at charles de gaulle to get the train to chessy(disneyland paris) where you can then get the shuttle bus to santa fe (free) we have done it with 2 toddlers and buggies luggage etc and managed so for 4 adults should be easy............you can hire cars at beauvais but not sure of the cost plus you have road tolls and i am not sure of age restrictions etc to hire car
you can buy your tickets for the bus in uk before you go or at beauvais http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/bus.php?lang=eng there are lots of ways of doing it you can do a private hire staright to santa fe etc but these sare more expensive
on your return you have to be back at porte maillot at least 3 hrs before your departure time you can pay on the bus in euros if you did not buy tickets in advance but they will want to see your flight confirmation notice for ryanair so have acopy with you not in your case.

you should have park tickets included in your hotel package if you booked it that way.........

its as expensive or as cheap as you want to make it to eat if you are getting breakfast at the hotel there are lots of cheapish eating places including macdonalds in disney village prices are similar to uk maybe slightly more but not much.

remember always check ryanair for cheapest fares we are going as a group of 4 for less htan £80 all in as we got 1p flights and half price taxes so maybe for the future this might save you the prices fluctuate all the time and midweek flights are often cheaper i will think of any other useful info that has helped us and post this also:cool1:

if you put beauvais transfers in google or search engine it gives you a list of available options but the shuttle bus and train has always been our cheapest and worked out okay you will enjoy it no matter what the transfer is like when you are there.......we managed fine speaking no french other than basics

Thanks very much!

The train option really doesn't seem that bad, I've travelled to Disney from the centre of paris this way before and I know its all very well signposted, so I'm probably going to opt for that. I'll just have to make a good note of how much it costs on the first trip so I know how much to put aside for coming back to the airport.

We haven't actually booked the holiday yet so I'll keep checking good old Ryan air. I'm still in the planning stages but my heart is set so no doubt I will end up doing this. Thanks again for all the help!

One last thing, me and my girlfriend are only 17 and will not be 18 on the trip, however the other couple travelling with us will be 18, would it be possible for them to book a room each in their name, then for me and my partner to take one of the rooms they booked, to avoid the 18+ restriction on rooms?

well i am sure as long as they are booked each in there names then they do not go checking who is in what room anyhow once they have checked in as long as they fill in the paper work

Excellent! My mum and Dad pulled the old switcheroo with me and my kid sister before too so we could share a room and my parents could get a room of their own, just wanted to check!

http://www.activehotels.com/wl/serv...=en&subid=&latLong=48.8666,2.811&startIndex=1
this is a website that shows hotels close to dlrp sometimes it works out cheaper booking one of these hotels only 5 mins away many like kyriad explorers etc still have free shuttle buses and buying your park tickets seperately or an annual passport dependant on your travel dates ie a fantasy passport allows entry on 330+ dates in the year and costs 129 euro i think you will find info on this site always handy if you plan a repeat visit within the year you do not have to buy park tickets again if you get the early flight from prestwick you can be in the park from 2pm ish and we always get the last flight back at night and do not leave the park on our last day till about 5pm gives you as much time in the park as possible

We're gonna get the 6 am flight there and the 10pm flight back to maximise park time!

Thanks for the annual pass info. We're looking at staying in Santa Fe this time just because I've never stayed in the park before, but for a repeat visit it will most definately be handy.

Are you planning on going this year?

we are going in june for 6 nights cannot wait then once we get our annual passports we just take it from there we keep checking ryanair when we get home to work out when to do it again almost counting down the days

when are you planning to go????
you will get lots of useful info on this site wish i found it before i went i am still learning new tips on here and i only discovered it after our third trip.....but you will save a fortune learning on here

I've found the site very helpful already :-)

We're planning on going from the 9th to the 12th of september or thereabouts, that way It will be slightly cheaper than summer prices, still with good weather, and I should still be able to do my saturday/thursday/friday shifts in work!

well by then you will have found loads of useful info gives you a bit of time to check ryanair they do go up and down but as soon as you see a bargain price grab it sometimes they are there just for a day or two thats what we do usually book accomodation on the same day or check that it is at least available before confirming ryanair bookings....i am sure the weather will still be good in september we had t-shirts on in october a couple of years ago

another thing that is quite useful on a budget is using the auchan supermarket in val de europe 1 stop back on the train we bought all or juice etc and snacks for lunchtime and drink for the hotel should you wish to partake in that lol and bought our main meal in the park it can save you a bit of money especially on juice and snacks and you can carry a rucksack into the park they have a quick glance in it at the gates but nothing more and i did mean to say earlier your tickets should work in studios also with no problem

Thanks a lot, Do you need to pay flights immediately with Ryan air?
It would be a lot easy for us to pay with deposit as we may not be able to book untill july if we had to pay in full (same applys to hotel) and by then the prices may go up...

you have to pay immediately with ryan air or they do not reserve your seats not sure about santa fe i think you can pay a deposit to reserve rooms and not the full amount but you may need to phone them to do this as opposed to online and i am not sure when the balance has to be paid by......you could always ask a parent to pay for the booking via credit card and pay them back when you have enough put by if you get a good deal on the hotel........i know that you want to stay in santa fe but the kyriad explorers only pre authorise a card via the link i put up earlier but you can pay cash when you get there but the card reserves the room and would only be charged to it if you did not show or turn up it is only 5 mins further away and sometimes cheaper but you would have to but park tickets seperately ....would hate you to get so close to the dates you plan and nothing be available at a reasonable price

you have to pay immediately with ryan air or they do not reserve your seats not sure about santa fe i think you can pay a deposit to reserve rooms and not the full amount but you may need to phone them to do this as opposed to online and i am not sure when the balance has to be paid by......you could always ask a parent to pay for the booking via credit card and pay them back when you have enough put by if you get a good deal on the hotel........i know that you want to stay in santa fe but the kyriad explorers only pre authorise a card via the link i put up earlier but you can pay cash when you get there but the card reserves the room and would only be charged to it if you did not show or turn up it is only 5 mins further away and sometimes cheaper but you would have to but park tickets seperately ....would hate you to get so close to the dates you plan and nothing be available at a reasonable price

Thanks a lot for that, i'll keep that in mind if we cant get Santa Fe.

I think i'll phone up and pay the deposit a.s.a.p , because I should have enough money soon enough if I ask my parents to help out for a little while.

Once again,thanks for all your help

Is the walk from Santa Fe to the park nice? I know its only about 15 minutes to the park so I probably wont bother with the shuttle bus.

If you do a phone booking with Disney, you pay a 10% deposit and then the balance 60 days before your trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter