£9 Surcharge for Bookings

markpsych

DIS Veteran
Discovered this today when we made our July booking (%45 off :cool1:).

Applies to Visa as well as credit cards, but apparently if your card begins with the number 6 :confused3 (think this applies to solo cards, etc.), you're not charged.

Is this a new thing Mark? I haven't been charged anything extra for my current booking, the deposit was taken in June, but the balance was only taken from my visa debit this week.

Yes, must be a new thing.

It now appears on the final online booking page, and the telephone operator made a point of informing me today whilst making the reservation.

Of course, if anyone has a different experience (or a way around it!), be sure to let us know :)

I think it's a pretty recent thing. If you book more than one room online, as you need to do each room as a separate reservation, you will be charged £9 for each booking!! although if you book more than one room over the phone they will waive it and only make one charge of £9. We stomached the extra £9 as we wanted to book online but used a cashback credit card and Quidco which sweetened it a bit.

I think it's the way of the world these days ~ for my next two holidays I've booked two sets of flights, Eurostar tickets, an airport hotel and three shuttle car journeys and each time been stung. :headache: Still, I'd rather pay that bit extra and be protected. In this day and age no company's safe.

I am sure it's a new thing. We booked with First Choice in November for June and it wasn't showing on the final page then as i did a whole dummy run to check the prices for when we went into First Choice.
I am sure it wasn't in Decemeber either as i remember checking prices for a friend.

I know lots of places are doing this now but i think £9 is a bit steep. Eurostar charge £3 if you book with a credit card but nothing if you use a debit.

To be charged for using either takes the pee a bit in my opinion.:mad:

hi

I think it was December they started it as it was mentioned when we rearranged our November trip, although we were not charged as it was seen as a change rather than a re-booking. I think its a bit steep but when you see what companies like Easyjet and Ryanair charge its no shock they are doing it.

I booked for July today and got charged the £9 for a Visa debit card payment. Note that Visa are no longer a DLP partner, seems they started charging the fee when they switched.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter