¤*~*¤May/June 2013 ¤*~*¤Trip Planning Thread

Do you want a special Mickey Head to signify our group?

• Yes - The Lime Green Mickey Head for DISBoards!

• Yes - Let's choose our own design

• No thanks - not interested

Results are only viewable after voting.
Three days! :banana: I don't think I can make it much longer. I have as much packed as I can so now comes the hard part, the waiting.... :rolleyes:

My girls and I got up this morning and did the single digit dance :dancer:. We also pulled out the clothes that they will be wearing while we are gone (minus their capris since they will need those still for school). The girls and I also played the Disneyland Game for Kinect to help us make the time go by....I can't believe next Wednesday we will be there, we started planning this trip for what seems like forever ago :goodvibes

My girls and I got up this morning and did the single digit dance :dancer:. We also pulled out the clothes that they will be wearing while we are gone (minus their capris since they will need those still for school). The girls and I also played the Disneyland Game for Kinect to help us make the time go by....I can't believe next Wednesday we will be there, we started planning this trip for what seems like forever ago :goodvibes

Please allow me to join you in that Single Digit Dance...We are almost there!!:cool1::banana::yay::dance3:party:

Single digits here as well! :cool1:

I am a bit behind with some preparations which is unusual. I do have a busy week with outside obligations but somehow I will get it all together and have it ready in the next few days.

So excited :yay::yay:

Yay!
We are leaving this Saturday!
Staying at Disneyland Hotel:love:

6/1-6/5!!!

Let the packing begin!

Arrived at Paradise Pier yesterday. Took the Disney Express from the airport. It was very quick and easy, although the bus was dirty and the music on the bus was Beach Boys/classic pop... Not very magical. I had faxed a request for a park view room, hoping to get an upgrade from our standard view....that didn't happen. They did give my daughter a black and white autographed photo of Mickey in front of the castle though. Our room is nice, over-looking the pool. We took in Downtown Disney and the other resorts and then rested up for our day in Disneyland today.

Arrived at Paradise Pier yesterday. Took the Disney Express from the airport. It was very quick and easy, although the bus was dirty and the music on the bus was Beach Boys/classic pop... Not very magical. I had faxed a request for a park view room, hoping to get an upgrade from our standard view....that didn't happen. They did give my daughter a black and white autographed photo of Mickey in front of the castle though. Our room is nice, over-looking the pool. We took in Downtown Disney and the other resorts and then rested up for our day in Disneyland today.

Hooray..you made it! Let the magic begin!!:wizard: What are your thoughts on PPH so far? How is the weather? Hope you enjoy your time there!

Have a great trip :goodvibes

I just noticed your ticker....we leave the same day as you :cool1:. Where are you staying?

How exciting, we will be there the same time! :goodvibes We are staying 2 nights at Hojo's then 3 nights at PPH! :cool1: Somewhere in the middle we will go to Legoland for a day. Where are you staying? :)

DS and I leave next Tuesday (6/4) morning from Montana.... First day in DL will be Wednesday (6/5) and we have the Fantasmic desert package that night... WOW 1 week away....

How exciting, we will be there the same time! :goodvibes We are staying 2 nights at Hojo's then 3 nights at PPH! :cool1: Somewhere in the middle we will go to Legoland for a day. Where are you staying? :)

We are staying 1 night at DLH and then moving over for 8 nights at VGC. Since this is our first time, and we weren't sure when exactly when we will be back, we decided to stay awhile and really go slow so that we can try to fit as much in as we can. We do plan on taking a day out and renting a car and heading to a beach somewhere, not sure where but somewhere :goodvibes. Have an awesome trip, we do have a lime green Mickey on our backpack so if you see a blue DVC backpack with a Mickey head on it, don't hesitate to stop and say hi :banana:.

We are staying 1 night at DLH and then moving over for 8 nights at VGC. Since this is our first time, and we weren't sure when exactly when we will be back, we decided to stay awhile and really go slow so that we can try to fit as much in as we can. We do plan on taking a day out and renting a car and heading to a beach somewhere, not sure where but somewhere :goodvibes. Have an awesome trip, we do have a lime green Mickey on our backpack so if you see a blue DVC backpack with a Mickey head on it, don't hesitate to stop and say hi :banana:.

I think spending several days is the right way to go. Every I visit the parks I seen new things. I enjoy taking my time to take notice of the little things, like the amazing theme of the parks.:cloud9: I think you will enjoy your night at DLH..it is amazing. I haven't stayed at DCA yet, but everytime I walk through the lobby I say..."We gotta stay here someday!":goodvibes If you have any questions shoot me a PM. I will be looking for you in the Parks.I will have my mickey head on my stroller! We are getting close..woohoo!!:dance3:

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! :yay:

I think I am about to explode.

I am thinking of skipping Friday and Saturday due to late openings, early closings and crowd levels. It is going to be hard being across the street from Disney but not going for two days. Gah! Why can't they offer 7 day hoppers!? :headache:

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! :yay:

I think I am about to explode.

Me too! I'm sitting around rereading threads because everything that needs doing has been done or is last minute stuff. I'm not sure I can make it until tomorrow! :upsidedow

We're skipping Saturday and Sunday because of the crowds although I'm not sure the beach will be any better!

2 more sleeps at home until our California Vacation begains. Now we don't actually fly out Until Saturday but staying at airport hotel Friday. My thought is once I shut the door at home and am on the road it is vacation. :cool1:

We spend Sat-Mon in SF then on our way to DL for 3 days then moving to realatives after that.

I booked a limo tour June 6th of Hollywood/LA and the kids have no idea. They will be so excited. Their B-Days are 5th and 7th. Now that kids well be12 and 17 I wanted to do something different they would really enjoy. Hope I picked it.

Anyway only today and tomorrow at work can't wait

2 more sleeps at home until our California Vacation begains. Now we don't actually fly out Until Saturday but staying at airport hotel Friday. My thought is once I shut the door at home and am on the road it is vacation. :cool1:

We spend Sat-Mon in SF then on our way to DL for 3 days then moving to realatives after that.

I booked a limo tour June 6th of Hollywood/LA and the kids have no idea. They will be so excited. Their B-Days are 5th and 7th. Now that kids well be12 and 17 I wanted to do something different they would really enjoy. Hope I picked it.

Anyway only today and tomorrow at work can't wait
I bet your kids will enjoy the limo tour, sounds fun! :banana: I am like you, once I shut the door to the house..its vacation time!!!:cool1:

Kids still love many parts of Disney but Character meals are not at the top of thier list anymore so I have been reading reviews and it looks like Big Thunder BBQ has good reviews. For Disney prices, $24, isn't that bad. I decided to make ressies there for 6/5 1130 and sent an email and got reply in about 1 hour with confirmation.

Looked at DCA menus and son(12) is a little more picky then daughter and not many items he would like at table service so I'm thinking flo's it is. Does anyone know what time they serve breakfast until. We are more a 1100ish eating family. Not early breakfast or late lunch people.

Checked into PPH yesterday, I got a corner standard room near the pool (as requested) but it is also near the elevators. But I do not really notice them that much. According to the fire map on the door our room is pretty big compared to other standard rooms. We have two windows and can see the park from here. I can even hear people screamin' on California Screamin'. We could see parts of world of color, which was nice. We were in bed during the fireworks and they were so loud! My kids are napping now so we hope to be in the park for fireworks tonight.

My only complaint is that I called on Monday to see what kind of coffee makers they had and was told little keurigs by someone at the front desk. So I brought my own coffee and sure enough they are not keurigs. I am disappointed, I would have brought mine, had I not been misinformed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter