ºoº 2003 MVMCP Guidemap times, food, photo, character, & cookie & cocoa info ºoº

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.

:wave: Hello, I was looking through my Disney info from last year and found the MVMCP Guidemap Information that I received last year. Even though it may be a little different this year, maybe this will help you plan for your MVMCP for this December. I'll write what is inside the MVMCP Guidemap below. Happy planning.

MICKEY'S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY IN MAGIC KINGDOM

ºoº Very Merry Things To Do: ºoº

ºoº Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade at 8:15 & 10:45pm

ºoº "Wishes" - An Enchanted Fireworks Spectacular at 9:15pm

ºoº Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas Show at the Galaxy Palace Theater in Tomorrowland at 6:15, 7:15, 8:15, 9:30, & 10:30pm

ºoº Celebrate the Season Show at the Castle Forecourt Stage at 7:00, 9:30pm, & 12:00am

ºoº Goofy's Country Dancin' Jamboree Celebrates the Holidays Show at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Libert Square at 7:30, 8:45 & 10:00pm

ºoº "Belle's Enchanted Christmas" Storytelling at Fantasyland Pavilion at 7:30, 8:40, 9:30, 10:20 & 11:10pm

ºoº Snowflake Special Storytelling at Fairytale Garden in Fantasyland at 7:25, 8:05, 8:55, 10:15 & 11:30pm

ºoº Lake Howell Holiday Brass at Tomorrowland Stage at 6:45, 7:45 & 8:45pm

ºoº HOLIDAY HINTS: ºoº

ºoº Complimentary Holiday Treats available in Liberty Square, Adventureland, & Tomorrowland.

ºoº Fireworks Tip: Tonight's special presentation of Wishes, an enchanted fireworks spectacular, can be viewed from anywhere within the Magic Kingdom.

ºoº Don't miss the chance to meet Santa Claus next to City Hall in Town Square.

ºoº Parade Tip: The second performance of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is typically less crowded.

ºoº Complimentary Photos are available in Liberty Square, Adventureland, Fantasyland, & Tomorrowland.

ºoº Come visit some of your favorite Disney Character Friends in Toontown Fair.

ºoº Best dining opportunities are at Pecos Bill's Cafe, Frontierland, and Cosmic Ray's Starlght Cafe in Tomorrowland.

(Inside the MVMCP Guidemap is a Magic Kingdom map, of course.)

It shows the parade route, and symbols of gingerbread men that shows three locations to get your Cookies and Chocolate Milk. Symbols of Mickey's ponting hand showing ten places to visit Disney Characters. Symbols of a flashing camera showing three locations to have your Family Photo and to pick up your MVMCP Button. Symbol of a Santa hat to see Santa Claus.

To the left of the map is a list of Attractions, Shops, Food, & Beverages. Here is the List:

ºoº MAIN STREET, U.S.A. ºoº

Food and Beverages:
Casey's Corner - Hot Dogs & Fries.
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor - Ice Cream.
Main Street Bakery - Fresh Baked Goodies
Tony's Town Square Restaurant - Full Service Italian Entrees and Salads.

Shopping:
Emporium
The Chapeau
Main Street Confectionery
Main Street Cinema
Uptown Jewelers
Exposition Hall

ºoº ADVENTURELAND ºoº

Attractions:
1. Pirates of the Caribbean
2. Jungle Cruise
3. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Shopping:
Agrbah Bazaar
Pirates Bazaar

ºoº FRONTIERLAND ºoº

Attractions:
4. Splash Mountain
5. Country Bear Jamboree
6. Frontierland Shootin' Arcade
7. Big Thunder Mountain

Food & Beverages:
Pecos Bill's Cafe - Cheeseburgers & Hot Dogs
Westward Ho - Quick Bites
Frontierland Turkey Leg

Shopping:
Big Al's
Splashdown Photo

ºoº LIBERTY SQUARE ºoº

Attractions:
8. Liberty Square Riverboat - Operating until 11:00pm
9. The Haunted Mansion
10. Goofy's Country Dancin' Jamboree Celebrates the Holidays.

Food & Beverage:
Liberty Tavern - Family Style Character Dining
Sleep Hollow - Quick Bites

Shopping:
Ye Old Christmas Shop

ºoº FANTASYLAND ºoº

Attractions:
11. Peter Pan's Flight
12. "it's a small world"
13. Cinderella's Golden Carousel
14. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
15. Mickey's PhilarMagic
16. Snow White's Scary Adventure
17. The Many Adventure's of Winnie the Pooh
18. Mad Tea Party

Food & Beverage:
Scuttle's Landing - Frozen Treats
Mrs. Pott's Cupboard - Ice Cream

Shopping:
Pooh's Thotful Shop
Sir Mickey's
Seven Dwarf's Mine
Fantasy Faire

ºoº TOMORROWLAND ºoº

Attractions:
19. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
20. Space Mountain
21. Astro Orbiter
22. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
23. Carousel of Progress
24. Tomorrowland Transit Authority
25. The Timekeeper
26. Tomorrowland Arcade

Food & Beverage:
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - Cheeseburgers & Chicken
The Lunching Pad - Quick Bites

Shopping:
Mickey's Star Traders
Space Mountain Shop
Merchant of Venus
Buzz Imaging

ºoº MICKEY'S TOONTOWN FAIR ºoº

27. The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm
28. Minnie's Country House
29. Mickey's Country House
30. Donald's Boat

Shopping:

County Bounty
Farmer's Market

Well...that's all. I know there will always be some changes from last year to this year. I noticed that they left out the Crystal Palace in 2003, but it should be open. And "it's a small world" will probably still be closed this year. and I the Goofy's Country Dancin' Jamboree will be different this year.

But this should give some newbies an idea of what to expect and what to plan for.

ºoº Have fun planning.

ºoº Sincerely, Ray

I was looking at the map again and I will try to describe "Where TO Find..." from last year 2003. Of course these may change a little bit this year, but most of locations are about the same. Maybe this can help you plan, too.

1. Where is Santa Claus to take pictures with the kids of all ages sitting on his lap?"

ºoº Besides seeing Santa high on his chair in the parade, he was located in only one spot. As you enter the MK, and walk under the railroa station, go to your LEFT side. Santa is located outside on the left side of the City Hall. Usually you will see the Popcorn vendor on the curb. Look to your left. He'll be waving to you...ho...ho...ho.

2. Where do you go to get your free holiday pictures taken and free MVMCP Button? (Note: Fill out a card for every member in your family to get a picture for each ticket that you bought. Except for the pictures that you want, and you take a family picture, make out the other cards to the grandparents address or some other friend.) Last year there were only three places. My favorite is in Adventureland where the cookies and hot cocoa were near by.

ºoº Last year, in Advertureland as you cross the bridge on your right near the Alola Isle dole whip place The Magic Carpets of Alladin. Although a couple of years ago they set them up in the Adventureland Pirates of the Caribbean on your left.

ºoº Last year in the Liberty Square to the right of The Hall of Presidents. A couple of years ago they set up across the street in the Liberty Tree Riverboat entrance. This can be a busy intersection.

ºoº Last year in the Fantasyland "it's a small world" attraction. But I think that this attraction is closed this December. They could still hold it here though. Also a very busy place sometimes.

ºoº Last year in the Tomorrowland near the Timekeeper before you reach Buzz. I don't remember this place before.

3. There were only three places to find cookies and cocoa:

ºoº In Adventureland right next to the photo taking place on your right as you cross the bridge between the Aloha Isle Dole Whip place and the attraction, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin. This is my favorite place to go.

ºoº In Liberty Square right next the photo taking place on your right between the Hall of Presidents and sometimes the Riverboat. This is a busy intersection.

ºoº At the counter service of the Plaza Pavilion. If you were walking up Mainstreet, you could hang a right before the bridge next to the Plaza Ice Cream Shop and walk straight to the Plaza Pavilion counter. To get a picture, just continue around to your left to the Tomorrowland Timekeeper area.

4. There were ten Favorite Character locations on the map. I don't remember who they were.

ºoº In the center circle of Mainstreet between the flag pole and the huge christmas tree.

ºoº Off Mainstreet on a side street on the right, just past the jewlery store and before the bakery. This is easy to miss because you will probably looking at the castle.

ºoº In Adventureland between the Swiss Family Treehouse and the Jungle Cruise on the left.

ºoº In Adventureland in front of the Carabbean Cruise.

ºoº In Frontierland, hidden behind the Christmas Shoppe on your left as you cross the bridge. Most people don't venture this way. But if you were in front of the Crystal Palace, and take the road over the bridge it will also lead you to the place behind the Christmas Shop.

ºoº In Frontierland, between the Shootin' Arcade and the Country Bear Jamboree.

ºoº In Fantasyland in the Character Festival, just northeast of Dumbo attraction.

ºoº In Toontown Hall of Fame Tent where the characters usually are located.

ºoº In Toontown between Donald's Boat and Goofy's Brainstormer.

ºoº Between the Fantasyland Mad Tea Party attraction and the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway.

Sometimes, near the end of MVMCP, as everyone is leaving, several Disney Characters appear in front of the Town Square Exposition Hall.

Start the planning. And remember this is from last year's Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Guidemap that is only handed out as you enter that night.

I'll tell you what I'll do, I'll be arriving November 28th and eating at the California Grille. I'll try and walk over to the MK and ask for a 2004 MVMCP Guidemap and update it early November 29th on my WebTV.

Sincerely, Ray

Guess what Dave Card did for me. He scanned the 2003 MVMCP Guidemap and said that I could share these pictures with everyone. Thank you, Dave.

mvmcpmap1.jpg

mvmcpmap2.jpg

mvmcpmap3.jpg

:wave: Hi, zakatak. I am driving in directly from work on the 28th. I thought that I would be to tired to really do anything, so I made a Priority Seating at the Contemporary Resort's California Grille for 2030. I hope to just relax and drink some coffee and a nice meal and watch the 2115 Special MVMCP Wishes fireworks.

I did this one night last year and it was amazing. The special MVMCP Wishes fireworks included fireworks encircling the MK park. They even originated on the lake somewhere in front of the restaurant. WOW.

Have a great time zakatak.

Ray

:wave: Hi, bjakmom. You're going to have a wonderful time.

Every year, I go to the MK and pick up a MVMCP Guidemap from under the Railroad Station and then just look in awe with all the Christmas decortions and the MK castle.

This time, as I look at last years MVMCP Guidemap, I will look for Santa Claus immediately on my left as I walk in.

And as I walk down Mainstreet, I'll peak over to the right, half way down the street and see what characters are on that small street next to the jewlery store.

And so many things that I didn't notice before because I was so overwhelmed by all the color, and sounds and music and laughter.

You'll have a wonderful time.

Are you going to try and enter the MK at 1600 or wait until 1900 for the official opening?

Wow! Thanks for the information! We can't wait to go to our first MVMCP on the 7th. I copied your information so I can save it for later.

thanks!
:sunny:

Ray--

Thanks for all the info!

I'm in that "middle planning" stage when all of the PSs are made, but it's too early to start packing--it's great to pick up new details!

Going to MVMCP on the 7th and 9th hope to see you on our visit.::yes:: :wave2:

:wave: Hi, llij and heart. I think that we all will have a great time.

But remember I got this information from last year's 2003 MVMCP Guidemap.

I just didn't want you to miss read my thread and think that this is for this year, 2004.

But they usually don't change many things.

I think that it will help me to plan, too. Because I never really looked at the MVMCP Guidemap since I have been so many times.

But this time, I'll keep an eye out for Santa, and other Disney Characters that I might otherwise would miss just because of all the excitement.

:wave: Hi, Danny. I hope to see you and your wife at the 9th MVMCP, too.

Mousefest, including many DISers will be meeting at the Rose Garden about 15-minutes before the Wishes fireworks that night. Some of the web founders will be handing out a schedule of Mousefest events for the week.

And I just want to say that you planned the best DIS meet last December at the Old Key West Resort.

:wave: Hi, Stacey. I'll see you there. I got a priorty seating at the Liberty Tree Tavern for 1830. I'll see you there.

Originally posted by RaySharpton
:wave: Hi, Stacey. I'll see you there. I got a priorty seating at the Liberty Tree Tavern for 1830. I'll see you there.

HI there!
I will change the thread to show your PS, will you still be able to make it to the meet?
So far the winning time is 7:30

Thank you RaySharpton,

This info is extremely helpful...we'll be doing MVMCP on the 9th and I was curious which rides they may run.

OT

You have WebTV? How does that work for you? Is it through cable, phone or satellite? Directly to the tv?

I need a provider at home and would love to hook this up in my room. Everytime I get dial up through my home computer my kids find a new way to crash it.:rolleyes:

Thank you so much for all this great info.. we just got our tickets in the mail today, 10/1 for the 12/5 MVMCP.. this is our FIRST xmas at Disney and I can't wait!! This really helps me understand what is going on, and how to start planning our visit. We hope to arrive at 4:00 to get a head start!

Thanks again.. and I'll be looking for the 2004 guide if you can put it on later!! That is great!
Have a good time :wave:

Are you going to try and enter the MK at 1600 or wait until 1900 for the official opening?

Ray - we're moving over to BWV that day (12/5) from USF, so our plan is to take a rest until our room is ready and enter the park at 1600. We have a PS at LTT for 5:45 - we want to do a few rides until then, have dinner and finish up just in time for the party to start - meeting my brother's family from Tampa in the park after dinner. This is a quick 3 night (at BWV) trip for my sister and I to bring our little nephew (7) for his first Xmas visit (our own kids are all grown up and will be in school or working :( ). Thanks to some posts on the DIS we've decided to do a second MVMCP on Tuesday night, giving us plenty of time to soak in the Christmas fun/ shows/ parades and freeing up our days for the other parks! Any suggestions for beginning the party at LTT (besides getting our pic taken at HOP right away) ?

This is great information. Thank you so much. This will be our first year at MVMCP and I was wondering if we would be able to make most of the shows!!

Now I can start planning to make sure we catch as much as we can. Now I know why people end up going multiple times...there just isn't enough time to get to everything!!

Thanks again!!

:wave: Hi, hezzie. You, know what...I don't think that I have made all the shows in one night. But if you skip the first of the two MVMCP Holiday parades and go to the second parade, it might be easier.

And a lot of people get tired after being up all day and the park starts to thin out sometimes after the 2nd parade as people head back to their rooms.

This leaves plenty of time to ride some of the rides that you missed, too.

Good luck seeing everything that you want to see.

:wave: Ray

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter