ºoº A Birthday Celebration fit to share with the MOUSEºoº

lisa_barrentine

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone I'm Lisa and I am married to Chris and we have a beautiful daughter named Aspen... Here we are last yr are WDW.
So we started a tradition last year of even though none of us have a birthday the exact time we go to disney we still celebrate like it is all our birthdays... Chris my DH's b-day is in aug, mine is in sept, and my DD's is in oct! It was a blast last year and we really did celebrate, and as soon as we got home I started planning this years!

With 12 months to plan you think I would have it all done but nope .... not even close! We started saving and we knew we wanted ASMo(so I thought) and at first we only wanted it to be the 3 of us.... BOY did that change! About May we decided to drag my DH's little bro he will be turning 16 in Nov .... he's thrilled to go. And then last night in a whirl wind my best friend for many years decided she wanted to go too. So her with a birthday in dec., her son turning 3 in jan, and (possibily) her boy-friend who has a b-day in feb will be having a "Birthday Bash" with us at the world.....

All of that is great but not nearly as great as while on the phone and online booking my friends vacation I got a Pin Code to have a free upgrade from the All Star Movies resort to either Saratoga Springs or Old Key West either a studio or one bedroom!!!! R U SERIOUS!!!! I was jumpinng up and down shaking the whole house (I'm a big ole' girl to be jumping is a big deal) so we upgraded to 1-bedrooms at Saratgoa Springs!!!!!!!!!!!

NOw the hardest part I have yet to even start to mention getting everyone dining.... hmmmm... what to do .... my dining is already done ..... i got exactly everything i wanted ...... hmm do i change mine to fit my friends in ..... nope not enough room ..... hmmm WHAT DO I DO...........

come back later and I'll tell you what we decide!:confused3

Hi Lisa....popcorn::
Tell us more....

Daisyyy here.. from losing weight and the photo pass.... Can't wait.. we're getting closer... I'm so excited you got a pin for the upgrade.. I heard about that... LUCKY!! I have never gotten a pin. It would be great if we got upgraded too, but we're at POR, and I don't think they are included in the free upgrades.. Oh well... I'm wouldn't care if it were a card board box as long as it was in Orlando.. (well... maybe not a box.. but you know what I mean)... I wonder if they are doing the upgrades to disperse the crowds.. free dining may have over booked some of the resorts??? I hope it is not too crowded... I picked that week to avoid the summer crowds, and the F&W in OCT...

oh.. and we're sort of in the same boat as you.... we booked our trip months ago, and I was on the phone @ 7:00 am the morning of my ADRs.. and basically got everything I wanted... and now... we have some dear friends who live in Florida, and when they found out we were coming in Sept.. they were like.. ok.. great, we'll meet you there..we'll book a room where you are.. blah blah blah.... and now.... I don't want to switch anything and I've already looked at the online ressies to see if anything was available at the same places times to book it for them.. and NOT a single one was available... We don't want to switch... what to do??? what to do??? :confused3 See... we love these friends dearly.. but in all honesty, we purposely didn't tell them we were coming ( but she flat out asked me when we were coming.. she knows me, and knows I'm always planning something.. and I couldn't lie to her.. I know they would eventually find out.. so, I told her about the trip..)... We have done trips with other families in the past,(including them) and this time we wanted to do it by ourselves.. We have a hard enough time just getting the 6 of us in the same direction at the same time.. it just throws a monkey wrench in, and we wanted to avoid having to plan stuff around our friends visiting us on our vacation... (I don't know what to do... maybe I should just say.. we'll come and see them on a separate trip.. but I know that wont work)... Also.. like I mentioned we have gone with this family before.. and we are on such totally different paces with them.. we are go, go, go.. all day.. they like to stop (it seems like after every attraction).. I guess we can deal with it for a while.. but I don't want to give up our ADRs... thats not an option.. so I don't know how were going to do this.... I know we can't walk up to a place with 10 people when we only have a ressie for 6. I guess I will just have to warn them that since I already made my plans that they are on their own for meals... the best we could hope for would be a walk up.. the day of.. maybe if they have cancellations.. but I wouldn't depend on it.

So I finally got all of my DF's dining reservations.... sadly we only have 2 meals together but at least my Best-F (reason I love her so much) is understanding. She knew I had planned all my dining months before and even got every RES I wanted she compromised with me. After getting her all the dining she needed (she only had a few request "nothing to fancy I am simple and country" :lmao: so she got what she asked for simple.

We even got linked with another friend's family going the same exact week we are now condsidered a Grand Gathering.

We had planned to stay near each other all along but when I upgraded my other friend didn't receive the code so I had tried to help her but was unsuccessful at getting her upgraded but we are still happy to be a "Grand Gathering" something new for me to obsess over.

So now that all my plans are starting to come together and my friends and family are starting to get excited I finally feel I can move on to more planning....

hmm t-shirts what do we want on them ..... :rolleyes: any ideas?????????

Glad you were able to get the reservations done. That's cool that you are now a Grand Gathering.

Afraid I am not much help in the t-shirt department. Have you checked the Creative threads? So many ideas to choose from. I'm trying to find something for MNSSHP myself.

Glad you were able to get the reservations done. That's cool that you are now a Grand Gathering.

Afraid I am not much help in the t-shirt department. Have you checked the Creative threads? So many ideas to choose from. I'm trying to find something for MNSSHP myself.

I have this one for MNSSHP for our t-shirts feel free to use too.... looks too cute on the back of our shirts
I also did some shirts for daughter with the princesses on it ..... hope you guys like it.
MNSSHPDone.jpg

OH NO OH NO
::: RED ALERT :::
I have lost my Disney World Planning Folder!

OH NO I'LL BE BACK SOON ONCE I HAVE FOUND IT ....!!!!!!!

Sorry everyone ... I have been away from Dis .... so much going on with this vacation. The fact that I have 7 people in my party and seems 1 of the 7 people is still undetermined! Which DRIVES me freakin' crazy!

On a good note I have started to organize what all I need to pack and maybe go purchase for our trip. (Oh yea I found my folder. Thank heavens) I have gone through what clothes and shoes I am gonna need to pack for everyone. I took my packing organizer and wrote a brief description of everything we will take. (Yes, I may of OCDD.... Obessive Complusive Disney Disorder)....
My hub's little brother is exicted to get out of school and find some Fine "Disney Hotties" LMAO!

So I think this trip I may have to find one of those kid leashes but in teenager size!?! any ideas .... hmm maybe e-bay. LOL

I got a ton ... well ... 10 rechargable batteries for the cameras and packed them in the camera bag.

I got Aspen's Sleeping Beauty dress for MNSSHP in yesterday. I will post pictures soon (cute pics)

Okay well thats all I got for now.

Love you all will post again soon I am sure!

Welcome back Lisa.....I wondered where you went. I know what you mean about the leash,:lmao: I wish I'd had one on our 2007 trip with 2 teenage boys:scared1:

I was in the same boat as you about people not makiing up their minds whether to go on our trip. First DS's girlfriend wanted to go, but her parents said no,(she's 19 and very overprotected, which is a good thing IMHO)then she said she might go after all, I almost changed all my ADRs that I had got up at 6:00 am to book... then she got a new job and couldn't go anyway.:headache:

Which MNSSHP are you attending, we're going on 9/22?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter