ºoº Dapper with Duffy: A Delicious Disney Adventure!!!!! - Updated 3/7

fancifull

Mouseketeer
HELLO everyone and welcome to our magical trip report!!!!
This is a story filled with princesses, superheroes, fantastic reunions, new friends and old, LOTS of delicious food, and many exciting adventures! We were together for 10 days, and we have tons of photos to share and stories to tell :3
There’s three of us writing this trip report, so just like in our pre-trip report, we’ll be using colors to distinguish who is talking. If you didn’t read our pre-trip report, here’s a quick re-introduction:

The starring roles:
15245859818_db6ff78607.jpg

the stars of the show! left to right: Ana, Sarah, & Kaela! and Mike photobombing us.

15229062398_6b8a9a74d0.jpg

KAELA
HELLO EVERYONE!!!! I’m Kaela, I’m 21, I’m a CM here at WDW, and my friends came to visit me here in Florida for our second trip together!!!!! Now that we’re not Disney noobs anymore, I can’t wait to show you all the cool stuff we did this time. My color for the trip report will be purple!

15430129711_dc95e42115.jpg

SARAH
Hello!! I’m Sarah, 25 and from Annapolis, Maryland. This marked my second trip to WDW (first in April 2013 with these beautiful girls) and this trip was even more of a blast than our first!! We can’t wait to tell you all about it. My color for the report will be blue.

15441957672_13f6f84a73.jpg

ANA
Greetings, I’m Ana. I work in Finance and I live in Costa Rica. This was my 3rd trip to the World and every time it amazes me how much Disney has that you can do and enjoy, so I look forward to recounting the things we did this time around :) My color on the TR will be pink!

Other guest stars:
15229122167_203d2ebc24_z.jpg

CHRIS
This is my boyfriend Chris! To make a long story short: we met on the college program, started dating and now we live together :lovestruc He hung out with us a lot on the trip and we saw him pretty much every day, so you’ll probably hear about him the most!

15412888601_e62358dd6e_z.jpg

TREVOR
This is Trevor, my best friend from work! We’re so alike and so close that our coworkers refer to us as siblings. He got separation anxiety being away from me while I was on vacation, so he showed up a lot on our adventures too ;)

utB5P7j.jpg

SARAH
This is Sarah! We all met her via the internet (much like we met each other~). She did her DCP starting in Fall 2013. She was back getting some seasonal hours and it happened to coincide with our trip so Ana & I finally got to meet Sarah in person too!! She will show up a few times in the trip, especially for MNSSHP :)

15229458538_ec68c92a89_z.jpg

ALEC & CHRISTINA
This is Alec and Christina! They’re mine and Chris’s roommates and they’re dating too :3 They’re friends that we’ve known for a while from our CP. They hung out with us on Dapper Day!

15392984356_b62cea6886_z.jpg

CLEO
This is Cleo! She is friends with Kaela from their CPs in Spring 2013. She’s back in WDW now doing her second CP! Ana & I were introduced to her by Kaela online over a year ago and were very excited to meet her in person. She’ll pop up multiple times as well but mainly on Dapper Day!

Where: We had a “split stay”, with half of our trip at Coronado Springs Resort and half at Kaela’s apartment ;)
When: September 22-October 1, 2014!
SUPER EXCITING THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO: Unbirthday celebrations, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Dapper Day, the Food & Wine Festival, Hanson, hundreds of Memory Maker photos, posing Duffy Bear like he is a human, lots of pin trading, and MUCH MORE

The next post will be a table of contents and then we’ll get started! hooray!!! We hope you enjoy following along and reading about our trip ^_^

Last edited:
HOORAY!! hi friends, this is obviously kaela on my own account, I can't waittttt to share everything with you ^_^

Hi ladies, I'm very excited to follow along with your latest adventure (just make sure you actually finish this time :p) I just think it's so awesome how you all met and became such good friends. Such a great story.

Also loving your title (that's a lot of D's). Here's hoping another "D" stands for DISmeets ;)

Subscribed! Your trip looks awesome! I love your Dapper Day Dresses by the way.

HERE!!! So excited to hear all about it, and I love the title!!

Lovely to see you as always Courtney ^_^ I've got your report open in another tab, I really need to catch up after being on vacation!!

I'm heeeerreee!! Can't wait can't wait!
Yes!!! Welcome aboard! I'm glad you thought out PTR was interesting enough to continue on this journey with us hahaha

Wouldn't miss this!
That's so sweet of you to say, Mo :3 We're glad you're here :goodvibes

Hi ladies, I'm very excited to follow along with your latest adventure (just make sure you actually finish this time :p) I just think it's so awesome how you all met and became such good friends. Such a great story.

Also loving your title (that's a lot of D's). Here's hoping another "D" stands for DISmeets ;)
yay Rob! And I wouldn't worry about us finishing it this time- our problem last time was that we weren't really writing it TOGETHER, we were more so trying to assign it out so one person would write a post, then another writes the next post etc, and when one person loses steam with that method the whole thing kind of falls apart. We read GrandCalifornian's Sept 2013 report and were inspired by how they used different colors to differentiate between the two speakers so everyone could tell the whole tale. SO we made a shared googledoc, and are truly writing it all TOGETHER now. It was super successful for our PTR and I think we're pretty committed to this one!! ::yes:: Already working on the next post in fact!

And I think its definitely safe to say we'll be having the DISmeet portion of our trip covered hahaha.

Subscribed! Your trip looks awesome! I love your Dapper Day Dresses by the way.
Welcome and thank you so much!! As you can tell by our title, Dapper Day was a HUGE hit with us. It was so much fun :blush:

The Magic Begins!
Day 1: September 22

Obviously today was a really exciting and hectic day for us, and we were all just itching to get going. Ana’s flight was scheduled to get in at 4:30, and Sarah’s around 10. but first..there were still lots of preparations to be done!

I still had a full day of work this day! I had given away all my shifts for the trip but today was a training day so I couldn’t get out of it - so I had to work 8-4:30 before going to get the girls from the airport :confused3

I woke up really early to be at the airport at 8, braced myself for early Monday morning traffic... Which was not fun lol. I got to the airport at around 8:30 and after checking in and going through security, I had breakfast there. I had a traditional Costa Rican breakfast which was nice to do just before leaving home.
My boarding and take off were pretty smooth and I made sure I had tons of entertainment on my laptop to keep me occupied so I read a book, watched some Swan Lake and pretty soon my plane was descending into Orlando!
I helped like 3 families going to Disney between the gate and the terminal and I felt like such a Disney expert haha

I also spent the day at work, from 9-5. I passed the time stalking my text messages getting updates from Ana’s flight/arrival and hearing about Kaela’s training.

FINALLY at 4:30 it was time to go get Ana!!! I went home and changed, and Chris and I headed to MCO! There was no traffic at all so we arrived around 5:15. After some frantic texting to figure out where she was, we found Ana!! I was so excited, I had tears in my eyes hugging her haha. She had already picked up her bags so we all headed back to my apartment :hyper:
I forced them to take a selfie together when Ana landed so I could see them while I was still in MD. They sent me this:

15412192661_9b0456470e.jpg

While we were waiting for Sarah, we had big plans...lots of shopping!! Chris wanted to come too, so all three of us drove to the shopping center close to my house to pick up a few things. We had a few stops to make: Target, Ulta, Joann’s, and Chipotle for dinner ^_^

I really enjoyed Chipotle omg, I wish we had it here, it was soooo delicious! I can't believe I didn't take a picture! But oh well.
We headed to Ulta because I had to get my FL makeup haul. I like to buy drugstore brand makeup because it's really cheap and stock up on high end brands that I don't get here at home like Urban Decay and Too Faced!
We did a nice stroll around and I got all my things. This makeup will last me for about about a year so it was time and money well spent.

And then! Kaela and Chris took me to Target lol this was quite the event because we don't have Target here and everyone loves Target so I had to see what the fuss was all about!
CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT it was Ana’s first time to Target!! Chris and I always joke that we are in an open relationship with Target so we were more than happy to show her around.

15228679790_9b46f4d6fe.jpg

first Target haul items~ also at this time I was still getting used to my new iphone camera so I have tons of photos of random things like this. enjoy.

We got some stuff and then headed out to our next stop!
We also had an important project...we had to make Chris a Dapper Day vest. You see, he had ordered one online to match my dress, but it had some issues and didn’t arrive in time. So we had to stop at Joann’s to see if Ana could whip something up with her amazing crafting skills.

15415021652_72f6bedea5_z.jpg

here she is hard at work...you’ll have to wait and see later in the TR if she was successful ;)

So obviously we had a lot to do while we were waiting, and before we knew it, it was time to go get Sarah!!!!!

When I got off at 5, I went home & had a brief dinner with my family. It was my dad’s birthday so we had some cake and then I made him celebrate his bday by driving me to the airport ^_^ It was very painless except for the fact that my flight was DELAYED. Took forever to board, forever to leave the gate, forever to take off… ended up not getting to Orlando until after 11pm but I was so excited to see the girls!!!

Spoiler alert: I also teared up when I hugged Sarah lol. It was just so great to see them again :’) We also managed this horrible sign pic on the way home lol…

15415365945_cdcf80af41.jpg

truly awful but its ok

We made our way back to Kaela’s apartment. We decided that midnight while all 3 of Kaela’s roommates were sleeping was obviously the perfect time to exchange all the gifts we had been collecting for each other over the months of planning:

15228818727_832cbb210c.jpg

so much stuff!! pin lanyards, bows for MNSSHP, fascinators Ana made for Dapper Day, our magicbands, and tons more!

15228612129_f157e787cf.jpg

so happy to be reunited and modeling our fascinators!!!!!

and of course, we took our first of many selfies of the trip! :goodvibes
15415018982_f0a3e3f9f9.jpg

Then we all were exhausted so we wrapped everything up and went to sleep! We were so excited to be reunited and couldn’t wait for our big plans the next day!!! stay tuned for our first park day... and some very popular waffles :upsidedow

YAY FOR REUNIONS!! So exciting!!

I love Target too! There isn't one convenient to my college and I miss it so much hahaha

Oooo Chris's fabric looks great! By being a FB and Insta friend I know if Ana was successful or not but I won't spoil it for everyone else :rotfl:

Delayed flights to Disney are the WORST just get me there already!!

The fascinators look awesome!!

Great start! So excited for more updates!

Yay the gangs all here!

your all so adorable!

I also spy a Tsum Tsum Minnie on the sewing table!!! can't wait to see the vest!

First, I have to say again that I love that you're all writing this together. So interesting to get different perspectives of the same events. Though I may create a cheat sheet so I remember who's color is who's, lol. I'm good so far though.

Awww, I love the we-sie picture sent to Sarah. That must have REALLY gotten the excitement level up.

Ahhh Target just fascinates me. I couldn;t wait to visit Target years ago because we didn't have one and they seem so popular. They only came to Canada around a year ago and just have not caught on at all. So funny that it's so popular in States.

I totally get all the tears. It must have been so exciting to finally be starting the trip. :goodvibes

Not sure if I can keep up with all the characters, but I'll do my best.:thumbsup2

Having had a traditional Costa Rican breakfast since my honeymoon in 2002. Guess I could have that at home.:rotfl2:

Looks like a fun bunch, can't wait to see what happens.popcorn::

Joining in on the fun!

Love that all 3 of you are writing this TR, this sounds like it shall be very entertaining.

Great start so far, can't wait to read more!

Great Start! Arrival days are always the best of a vacation!

Flight delays are the worst, especially if its a flight to Disney.

The fact that Ana has never been to Target made me gasp! She hasn't seen the light of Target :D

Looking forward to the next installment :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!