ºoº Dates, narrator biographies of WDW 2004 Candlelight Processional, 2003 program.

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
I was planning Priority Seatings for my December WDW trip and decided to look up the biographies of the Candlelight Processional Narrators.

ºoº 2003 Candlelight Processional PROGRAM (Songs, Music, and Host reads The Christmas Story) ºoº

ºoº Candlelight Overture
ºoº Shout for Joy
Host reads, "And You Shall Call Him Jesus...."
ºoº O Come All Ye Faithful
Host reads, "And She Laid Him In A Manger..."
ºoº Il Est Ne
Host reads, "I Bring You Good Tidings of Great Joy..."
ºoº O Holy Night
Host reads, "Glory To God In The Highest..."
ºoº Angels from the Realms of Glory
Host reads, "They Rejoiced With Exceeding Great Joy..."
ºoº Rejoice with Exceeding Joy
Host reads, "They Found The Little Child..."
ºoº What Child is This
Host reads, "Eternal Promise of Goodness and Light..."
ºoº Do You Here What I Here
Host reads, "One Solitary Life
Silent Night..."
ºoº Silent Night
Host reads, "We Still Celebration..."
ºoº Joy to the World
Host reads, "The Prince of Peace..."
ºoº The Hallelujah Chorus
Host reads, "May The Joy And Peace..."
ºoº Let There Be Peace on Earth

ºoº The Tentative List of 2004 of the Candlelight Processional Narrators: ºoº

ºoº Rita Moreno (Nov 26-28)

Rita Moreno is the only female performer to have won all four of the most prestigious show business awards: the Oscar, the Emmy, the Grammy and the Tony. Rita Moreno has, in fact won the Emmy twice-in 1977 for a variety appearance on "The Muppets," and in 1978 for a dramatic appearance on "The Rockford Files." The Oscar was for her performance as "Anita" in the 1962 motion picture, "West Side Story;" and the Tony was for her 1975 triumph on Broadway as "Googie Gomez" in The Ritz;" the Grammy was for her 1972 performance on "Electric Company Album." Along the way, Rita Moreno also picked up dozens of other show business awards, most notably "The Golden Apple," Cue Magazine Award and the 1968 "Joseph Jefferson Award" as best actress in Chicago's theatrical season that year. In 1985, Rita Moreno repeated her Chicago triumph and was awarded the prestigious Sarah Siddons Award for her portrayal of "Olive Madison" in the female version of "The Odd Couple." Having thus "done it all" in so many facets of show business, Rita Moreno, early in 1978, turned her attention for the first time to live performances, creating an act whict has attracted outstanding critical acclaim.
Rita Moreno was born Rosa Delores Alverio in Humacao, a small town near the famous rain forest in Puerto Rico. When she was five years old, Rita Moreno and her mother moved to New York and the following year she started her dancing lessons. At age 13, Rita Moreno had made her Broadway debut in "Skydrift" which starred Eli Wallach. Then in the true traditions of Hollywood, a talent scout arranged a meeting for 17-year-old Rita Moreno with Louis B. Mayer and was signed to a contract with MGM.
Since then, Rita Moreno's career has advanced steadily. Moreno made some 25 films early in her career but was cast in too many as a "Mexican spitfire" or an "Indian maiden." Among the films Rita Moreno made during this period was "Untamed," "Seven Cities of Gold," "The Lieutenant Wore Skirts," "Garden of Evil," and was featured as "Tuptim" in "The King and I." It was only after Rita Moreno won an Oscar for her outstanding performance as "Anita" in "West Side Story'," which gained international acclaim, that she was finally recognized as a major talent. In 1962, Rita Moreno moved to London where she was featured in Hal Prince's productions of "She Loves Me" and then returned to New York to star in Lorraine Hansberry's "The Sign in Sidney Brustein's Window." On Broadway, Rita Moreno has also appeared as the female lead with Robert Shaw in the Broadway Production of "Gantry." Rita Moreno was also cast opposite Jimmy Coco in "The Last of the Red Hot Lovers," and in an award-winning role in "The National Health." Rita Moreno then starred in "The Ritz" for which she received the Tony Award. In 1981, Rita Moreno returned to Broadway once again opposite Jimmy Coco in "Wally's Cafe." Rita Moreno was most recently seen on Broadway as the lead in the female version of "The Odd Couple."
Rita Moreno has appeared in regional theatre in such diverse roles as; "Lola" in "Damn Yankees," "Anne Sullivan" in "Miracle Worker," "Doris" in 'The Owl and the Pussycat," and as "Charlotte" in the Pinero farce "The Magistrate." In 1968, Rita Moreno was given the much coveted Joseph Jefferson Award as the best guest actress for her brilliant portrayal of "Serafina" in "The Rose Tattoo." In 1986 she was again honored with The Sarah Siddons Award for her role in "The Odd Couple." It may well be that Rita Moreno, dramatic actress, singer, dancer, comedienne, who has portrayed an Irish teacher, an Italian widow, a reformed prostitute, a lady evangelist, a devil's disciple and an English lady has broken the mold of being regarded as a "Latin Spitfire."
In 1967, Rita Moreno resumed her screen career playing opposite Marion Brando in "The Night of the Following Day," then with James Garner in "Marlowe," as Alan Arkin's girlfriend in "Popi" and in Mike Nichol's productions of "Carnal Knowledge." Rita Moreno then starred in the film version of "The Ritz", where she recreated the outlandish character, "Googie Gomez," a lady of little talent and great courage. Rita Moreno also starred with Alan Alda and Carol Burnett in a film entitled "The Four Seasons."
Rita Moreno has also been the guest star in a wide variety of television productions both here and abroad. She is currently a featured artist on the highly regarded educational series, "The Electric Company." Rita Moreno has also starred in her own TV series "9 to 5." Rita Moreno is a member of the Board of Directors of Third World Cinema a company which is interested in creating opportunities in the film industry for minority groups and has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Alvin Alley Dance Company, The Joffrey Ballet and the Los Angeles Theatre Center, as well as many other worthwhile organizations. Rita Moreno is at present a member of the very prestigious Presidential Fellowship Committee. Rita Moreno is married to Leonard Gordon, a physician, and they live in Southern California. Their daughter, Fernanda Luisa, is a college student and an aspiring actress.
_____
ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº

ºoº Heather Headley (Nov 29 - Dec 1)

Won a 2000 Tony Award for Best Performance By a Leading Actress in a Musical for her role in "Aida". Released her debut album in 2002, "This is who I am". Moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana at age 15. As a student in university, she performed at the Marriott Lincolnshire Theatre, in "Dreamgirls" and "The World Goes Round". Is of Trinidadian descent. Attended Northwestern University.
Was the original Aida in Elton John and Tim Rice's "Aida" Became married to former New York Jets star Brian Musso [January 2003] Nominated for 2 Grammys, including one for Best New Artist (2004)

ºoº Kirk Franklin (Dec 2-4)

In the summer of 1993 a young unknown gospel musician from Fort Worth, Texas, released-to little initial fanfare-his self-titled debut album, Kirk Franklin & The Family. Wildly accepted and embraced almost immediately by the masses, it went on to spend 100 weeks at the top of Billboard magazine's gospel charts, while also crossing over to the R&B side, and becoming in the process the first gospel album ever to sell over a million units.
"I can look over my life and career now and see both seasons of success as well as struggles and pitfalls," says Kirk, "and God has allowed it all. It's all done with the purpose of the Lord drawing you closer to Him-getting you closer to where He wants you to be. And it can be painful sometimes until you reach the point where you can see it's all been for a purpose, and that's a true moment of awakening and rebirth. I have a sort of `been-there-done-that´ attitude now, but that´s not cynical or arrogant. It´s only to say that I´ve been blessed with some very high highs, some very low lows, as well as some in-betweens to go with them. I see myself getting off the merry-go-round of worrying about whether I can top myself, or striving for commercial gain above all else.
Kirk has always been celebrated for weaving seemingly disparate musical influences-R&B, modern rock, hip-hop, pop, jazz, traditional gospel-into a seamless fabric, creating his own singular style and sound that truly transcends any and all boundaries of genre, race, denomination or societal background. A collection of back-to-back tours-de-force, featuring a panoply of some of today's hottest gospel artists-including Donnie McClurkin, Richard Smallwood, Crystal Lewis, Pastor Shirley Caesar, Jaci Valesquez, and the late traditional gospel great, Willie Neal Johnson and others, makes the act of choosing highlights on the album almost superfluous. Kirk hits home with a musical range that is nothing short of dazzling. Born and raised in Fort Worth, Texas, Kirk, as a child and adolescent, was no stranger to both pain and the comfort of the Lord. Never knowing his father, and abandoned in infancy by his mother, he was raised by a devoted aunt. A strict, church-going Baptist, she saw to it that her charge was well-versed in the Christian faith from his earliest years. The youngster not only thrived spiritually in the church environment, he displayed early on prodigious musical gifts. Despite his strong background in the church, Franklin turned rebellious in his teens, trading in the values and morals on which he'd been weaned for a life of violence, intimidation and larceny. It took the shooting death of a close friend to jolt Kirk, then 15, into a realization of the error of his ways, and back into the safe fold of the church where he began composing songs and recording demo tapes with a passion.
Nurtured on a steady diet of traditional gospel music, Kirk had also kept an ear open to the secular R&B, rock and pop music of the early and mid-'80s, and he absorbed the best of both musical worlds. In the early '90s he formed a 17-member vocal ensemble of neighborhood friends and associates, dubbed "The Family". His life took a dramatic turn in 1992 when Vicki Mack-Lataillade, President and CEO of the then-fledgling Gospo Centric Records, listened to one of his tapes and, amazed by what she heard, quickly signed him to a recording contract. Since then, a decade of the greatest commercial successes and brilliant, groundbreaking artistry and inventiveness ever seen and heard in gospel music has followed.
"It's taken me these 10 years, and longer to fully realize that keeping everything we do focused on the love of God is what music, and life, is all about," Kirk concludes.

ºoº Jim Caviezel (Dec 5-7)

Birth name
James Patrick Caviezel
Height
6' 2" (1.88 m)
Spouse
Kerri Caviezel(1997 - present)
Grew up in a tight-knit Catholic family. Dad is Jim, Mom is Maggie
3 sisters-Ann, Amy, Erin 1 brother-Tim
His surname is Romansch (Rhaeto-Romanic), from Switzerland. Met his wife, Kerri, on a blind date in 1993. She is a high school English teacher.
Played basketball in college, but took up acting after injuring his foot.
Drove the pace car in the Indy 500 Race in May of 2002 Refused to film a love scene with on-screen wife Ashley Judd for their film, High Crimes (2002). The idea of possible nudity conflicted with Jim's personal beliefs, based on his strong Catholic faith. Dislocated his shoulder during the filming of Passion of the Christ, The (2004).
Received an honorary degree from King's College in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, USA at their commencement on 18 May 2003. Gave a fire-and-brimstone speech based on his interpretation of Catholicism. Was struck by lightning during the filming of Mel Gibson's "Passion". Assistant director Jan Michelini was also hit (for the second time during the shoot). A crew member said "I'm about a hundred feet away from them when I glance over and see smoke coming out of Caviezel's ears."
His co-star Elizabeth Mitchell who played his mother in Frequency said about him: "Jim is the perfect son, if I had a son like him I would be a very proud mother".
Was hand-picked by 'Jennifer Lopez' to play the role of Catch in Angel Eyes (2001)
Shortly after accepting the role of Jesus Christ in the Mel Gibson film, Passion of the Christ, The (2004), he realized his initials were the same as that of Jesus (J.C.) and that he was the same age most historians and religious scholars claim Jesus was when he was killed (33).
Shares a birthday with actor Kent McCord and actress Julie London. Was considered for the role of Superman/Clark Kent by Warner Brothers for a proposed relaunch of the franchise. Surname pronounced ka-VEE-zel.
Nearly gave up acting after struggling for so long, before he got a phone call from director Terence Malick who directed him in "The Thin Red Line".
Was a waiter.
Did some modeling for the Gap
Writes left handed, but seems to be ambidextrous (uses both hands) Favorite food: Mexican (or a good steak) Once said on a the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, when asked by fans if he was Jesus Christ, he responds by saying no, but tells them he is the Count of Monte Cristo.
Personal quotes
"My mom's 100% Irish, and in my family we've always called acting 'blarney'."
On getting thumped for being too cocky at basket ball in Junior School, he says: 'It hurt, but I said to myself I'm never going to be like that again. I was blessed to learn that early in life.'

ºoº Marlee Matlin/Jack Jason (Dec 8-10)

Birth name
Marlee Beth Matlin
Height
5' 4" (1.63 m)
Marlee Beth Matlin was born on August 24, 1965, to parents Don and Libby Matlin; she was their 3rd child. Marlee was rendered deaf at the age of 18 months through a bout with Roseola Infantum. That didn't stop her from acting in a children's theatre company at age 7; she was Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz." Her deafness never held her back; as an adult she said it so eloquently, "I have always resisted putting limitations on myself, both professionally and personally." Marlee studied Criminal Justice courses at Harper College in Palatine, Illinois, and maintained her passion for acting after graduating. While performing on stage throughout Chicago and the Midwest, Marlee was discovered in a stage production of the Tony award winning play "Children of a Lesser God" and was cast for the movie version Children of a Lesser God (1986). This was the film debut of the petite (5'4") young actress, and she won the Academy Award for Best Actress. While filming her next movie Walker
(1987) in Nicaragua, big-hearted Marlee took time to visit both hearing and hearing-impaired children. She continued this tradition of visiting local children throughout her travels to Germany, England, Italy, Australia, Mexico, Canada, etc. Marlee's interest in Criminal Justice played a part in her life onscreen; she portrayed an Assistant D.A. in the TV series "Reasonable Doubts" (1991); while offscreen she married police officer Kevin Grandalski on August 29, 1993. Marlee was nominated for an Emmy award in 1994, for her performance as Laurie Bey in the "Picket Fences" episode "Dancing Bandit." Marlee is also a Spokesperson for the National Captioning Institute. In 1995, Marlee testified at a Capitol Hill hearing, and helped get a law passed that requires all TV sets 13" inches or larger to be manufactured with built-in chips to provide "Closed Captioning" on their screens; this was a Godsend for all deaf people. Marlee is currently serving as the National Spokesperson for the largest provider of TV Closed Captioning, and has spoken on behalf of "CC" in countries as Australia, England, France and Italy. Marlee also serves on the boards of a number of charitable organizations, including Very Special Arts, the Starlight Foundation, as well as other charities that primarily benefit children. As someone who loves children so much, it is only fitting that she has two children of her own: Sarah Rose, born January 1996, and Brandon, born September
2000. Professionally, Marlee has even tried producing, being the Executive Producer for Where the Truth Lies (1999) (TV). Now, imagine all of Marlee's millions of fans holding up their right hand like a high-five, and bringing the middle and ring fingers down to the palm--this is the American Sign Language symbol for "I Love You." Spouse
Kevin Grandalski(29 August 1993 - present) 4 children Trivia
Used to live with William Hurt
She was rendered deaf in infancy by a bout of Roseola Infantum. Husband is a police officer. Has one daughter named 'Sarah Rose' . Was married in Henry Winkler's (the Fonz's) backyard. Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1986" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 38.
Son, Tyler Daniel Grandalski, born 18 July 2002 in Los Angeles. Son, Brandon Joseph, born 12 September 2000 in Los Angeles. Graduated from John Hersey High School in Arlington Heights IL. Daughter, Isabelle Jane Grandalski, was born on December 26, 2003 in Los Angeles, California.

ºoº Joshua Morrow (Dec 11-13)

Birth name
Joshua Jacob Morrow
Height
6' (1.83 m)
Spouse
Tobe Keeney(4 August 2001 - present)
Trivia
Has brown hair and green eyes
Majored in communications with a minor in theater at Moorpark College in California
Welcomed first child son Cooper Jacob on September 27, 2002. The baby weighed 7lbs 3oz.
Joshua Morrow
Date of birth (location)
8 February 1975
Juneau, Alaska, USA
Trivia
Welcomed first child son Cooper Jacob on September 27, 2002. The baby... (show more)
Filmography as:_Actor, Notable TV Guest Appearances Actor - filmography
3deep (1999) (TV) .... Josh
My Stepson, My Lover (1997) (TV) .... Eric Cory ... aka Love, Murder and Deceit (1997) (TV) ... aka No Recourse (1997) (TV)
"Young and the Restless, The" (1973) TV Series .... Nicholas Newman #3
(1994-)
... aka "Y&R" (1973) (USA: promotional abbreviation) Filmography as:_Actor, Notable TV Guest Appearances Notable TV Guest Appearances
"Hollywood Squares" (1998) playing "Himself" 27 October 2003 "Pyramid" (2002) playing "Himself" 27 October 2003 "Nanny, The" (1993) playing "Himself" in episode: "The Heather Biblow Story" (episode # 4.24) 7 May 1997

ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºo

ºoº Eartha Kitt (Dec 14-16)(It looks like Hal Holbrook cancelled this year.)
Eartha Kitt was born on January 26, 1928 in South Carolina to a family of sharecroppers. When she was eight years old she was sent to live with her aunt in Harlem. While in high school she became involved in the performing arts and studied dance. She was part of her church choir and also took piano lessons. At sixteen she joined the Katherine Dunham Dance Troupe and toured in Europe. While in Europe she had to fill in for a singer during the tour and decided she liked singing more than dancing. Orson Wells called her "the most exciting woman in the world" and signed her to star as Helen of Troy in his stage production of Dr. Faust in Paris. Her first film was Time Runs, an Orson Wells film. She acted in Batman in 1967, supposedly because they wanted to make it seem that Batman was in love with Batgirl rather than Catwoman. While attending a White House luncheon in 1968 she denounced the Vietnam War in front of Mrs. Johnson, which led to her blacklisting, where she could not get a job in America for six years. She lives in Westchester, New York where she still amazes audiences with her one-of-a-kind personality.
Eartha Kitt as Tina Maria
in a role in Mission Impossible.

ºoº Steven Curtis Chapman (Dec 17-19)

Steven Curtis Chapman is amazed. Ten years have passed since the launch of his career, and he has achieved far more than he would have dared to imagine-over four million albums sold, three Grammy Awards, 37 Dove Awards, 29 No. 1 singles and record-breaking concert attendance figures. As a musician and songwriter, his success has eclipsed that of the very people who inspired him in the first place; and that achievement humbles him--at times even embarrasses him. Now, one decade later, Steven Curtis Chapman pauses to look back and to look ahead-to retrace the steps that brought him here, to remind him of what started it all. And to renew his commitment to the God who granted his success.
He was speaking with his father, and the topic was career. Steven had already had a measure of success in the country music world. He had, in fact, played on the Grand Ole Opry. Obviously, Steven was a success. "But I wasn't satisfied. This wasn't what I wanted to do with my talent, my music, my life." Steven Curtis Chapman wanted to sing about his faith. "That's what I feel I'm supposed to do," he told his father. "And unless God makes it real clear otherwise, that's the direction I feel compelled to take."
Now, 10 years later, Steven Curtis Chapman has no regrets. His adult life parallels his discography. This should not be too surprising, since Steven Curtis Chapman writes out of his experience. It was inevitable that they would meet; they were college students and they shared a mailbox-Steve Chapman and Mary Beth Chapman (no relation ... yet). In time, love grew and Steve and Mary Beth fell into commitment. They married, they moved, he succeeded, and stress fell on them full-force.
It was their first year of marriage, with all the adjustments that implies, and then Mary Beth became pregnant-so soon in their marriage. Steven's career took off-a record deal and touring-also so soon. Then the apartment burned. Their possessions were lost. Life was out of control. They could not control their hardship, and they could not harness their success. "The album First Hand (1987) came out of all those experiences."
But year after year, from album to album, the experiences of life--the struggles and the joys--have led to songs. Songs of faith and hope and challenge. Conversations with Chuck Colson and James Dobson, a partnership with Prison Fellowship, a TIME Magazine article about "The Nation That Forgot God," and Chapman pens "Heaven In The Real World" (1994). Then he tours, and uses the tour to draw attention to Prison Fellowship's Angel Tree program, a program to assist children who are "orphaned" by the crimes of their parents. As a result of the Tour, 100,000 kids receive Christmas gifts.
A lot has happened in 10 years.

_
ºoº Edward James Olmos (Dec 20-22)
If Edward James Olmos had followed the first love of his life, he'd have been a professional baseball player. But by age 13, another love entered his life: rock music. By age 15 he was already an experienced rock singer, forming and reforming several "garage bands" along the way. During the late '60s and early '70s he played the most famous clubs on Sunset Strip, including Gazzarri's, and The Factory. But a friend suggested that, with his flair for the dramatic, he consider a career in acting.
Throughout the seventies he divided his time between rock music gigs, acting classes, bit parts in TV, Off-off-off Broadway plays, and his business of moving fine furniture (which kept body, soul and family together). His first big break was a starring role in Luis Valdez's play, "Zoot Suit", in 1978. The play moved to Broadway and led to a Tony nomination, and great critical acclaim. Perhaps best known for his role as "Lt. Martin Castillo" in the NBC TV series, "Miami Vice" (1984-1989), he has been seen in numerous film and TV productions. He received an Accademy Award nomination for "best actor" for his starring role in "Stand and Deliver". Most notable of his recent offerings is 1992's "American Me", which was a lso his directing debut. But acting, directing and screenwriting are only parts of what he does. Olmos contends he would much rather be known as an activist than an actor. He devotes much of his time to causes, particularly those focussing on the needs and rights of children. He makes, on average, some 150 personal appearances a year to places where he can reach kids at risk; juvenile halls, detention centers, boys/girls clubs, schools. Anywhere he can get across his message that "we all have a choice" about where life takes us. He stresses the importance of education, the risks of gang life, and tries to promote the notion of taking responsibility for one's own actions and one's own happiness in life. Using his own "disadvantaged background" as an example (he grew up in East Los Angeles, infamous for its gang problems), he tells the kids, "If I can do it, so can you." And he tries to point them in a positive direction. He has served as an ambassador for UNICEF, and has received numerous accolaids for his activism. He will long be remembered for getting out in the thick if the L.A. Riots of 1992 with his broom; one calm, reasonable presence in the midst of chaos and gunfire. Olmos is married to actress Lorraine Bracco. Between them they have 6 children, ages 10 - 25. Spouse
Lorraine Bracco(1994 - 4 March 2002) (divorced)Keel, Kaija(29 December 1971 - 1992) (divorced)
Trade mark
Frequently plays men of authority and/or power who inspire and enlighten those beneath him
Trivia
Drives a red Porsche Turbo, which he bought in Miami at a sale of articles confiscated in drug-busts. "He got 30 years. I got the car!" Sentenced to 20 days in prison for trespassing last April on US Navy land on the Puerto Rican island of Viewues. Olmos & others were protesting the use of the island as a bombing test grounds. President Bush promised to end the testing in 2003. [10 August 2001] Was considered for the part of Klingon Commander Kruge in "Star Trek III: The Search for Spock" but lost the role to Christopher Lloyd because Lloyd was taller.
Personal quotes
"Sometimes you gotta do things that you don't really want to do. But you don't do them for money." Speaking of his role as the laconic "Lt. Castillo" on "Miami Vice": "I was the highest-paid actor--per word--in the history of television!"

ºoº Gary Sinise (Dec 23-28)
Gary Sinise was born in Blue Island, Illinois. His family later moved to Highland Park, where he attended high school. He was something of a rebel, playing in bands but paying little attention to school. Gary and some friends tried out for "West Side Story" as a lark, but Gary was hooked on acting for life by closing night. Gary credits his love for theatre to his drama teacher, Barbara Patterson. In 1974, Gary, Terry Kinney, and Jeff Perry founded the Steppenwolf Theatre Company in Chicago. Initially performing in a church basement, the company grew and gained stature in the Chicago area. In addition to acting in many plays, Gary also directed some of Steppenwolf's most notable productions, including Sam Shepard's "True West". The company made its Broadway debut with that production, starring Gary and John Malkovich. Gary's Hollywood career also started in the director's chair with two episodes of the stylish TV series "Crime Story" followed in 1988 by the feature "Miles from Home" starring Richard Gere. Gary's first feature film as an actor was the World War II fable "A Midnight Clear" in 1992. That year also found Gary combining his acting and directing talents with the critically acclaimed "Of Mice and Men". His first real notice by the public came in 1994, however. He starred in the blockbuster miniseries "The Stand", rapidly followed by his bravura performance as Lt. Dan in "Forrest Gump". His portrayal of the disabled, emotionally tortured veteran earned Gary numerous awards and an Oscar nomination. Busy 1994 was followed by busy 1995, first reuniting with Tom Hanks in "Apollo 13" and then starring in the HBO film "Truman" which earned him the Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Awards and an Emmy nomination. Gary is married to Moira Harris, an actress and original member of the Steppenwolf company. They have three children, Sophie, McCanna, and Ella. Gary's father is the film editor Robert L. Sinise, A.C.E. Spouse
Moira Harris(1981 - present) 3 children
Trivia
His Steppenwolf theater company, started by high-school grads in a Catholic-school basement, is now an institution housed in an $8 million theater.
Nominated for a Tony Award for directing a new version of Sam Shepard's "Buried Child". [1996]
Gary appeared on screen with spouse Moira Harris in "Crime Story", portraying a married couple. Moira had a small role in "Miles from Home", the first feature Gary directed, but Moira's role was left on the cutting-room floor. Moira appeared as the Girl in the Red Dress in "Of Mice and Men."
Son of Robert L. Sinise.
Children: Sophie (b. 1988), McCanna (b. 1990), Ella (b. 1992).
Won an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a mini-series of made for TV movie for portraying George Wallace the very night the real George Wallace died
Gary Sinise was born March 17, 1955. In the movie "Apollo 13", Gary Sinise played original Apollo 13 pilot, Ken Mattingly. Ken Mattingly was born March 17, 1936.
Received his first college degree in 2003 - an honorary degree from Amherst College.
Plays the Mission Control Commander in Walt Disney World's new Mission: Space attraction.
Was considered for the starring role in "To Live and Die In L.A." When he didn't get the part, he recommended that the producers hire William
L. Peterson (which they did).
Personal quotes
"Careers, like rockets, don't always take off on time. The trick is to always keep the engine running."

ºoº LeVar Burton (Dec 29-30)
Birth name
Levardis Robert Burton Jr.
Height
5' 7" (1.70 m)
Spouse
Stephanie Cozart Burton(3 October 1992 - present) 1 child Trivia
Daughter, Michaela born [1995]
Graduated University of Southern California School of Theatre 1 son, 1980, decided by the courts after paternity suit. He won joint custody.
LeVar Burton's father, Levardis Robert Burton Senior, was a career Army NCO from 1954 to 1976. Levardis Burton retired in the rank of Sergeant First Class, just as his son's acting career was beginning to gain notoriety.
As of November 2003 holds the record for the most number of Star Trek episodes directed by a Star Trek actor. He has directed more than two-dozen episodes for every one of the four "modern era" Trek series. While co-starring in "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987), was also continuing his role as host of "Reading Rainbow" (1983). His character Geordi La Forge on "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987) was named after George La Forge, a Star Trek fan who died from muscular dystrophy.

ºoº Maybe this will help some other planners. I wish that I could see Levar Burton.

ºoº Sincerely, Ray ºoº

Thank you for posting this information. Where can I find more info on the Candlelight Processional?

thanks for posting...we booked our CP for Dec 7th...and I had no idea who was reading that night...I can not believe that it is James P Caveziel!!!!!!! I love him! And I ...well there aren't really words that I can express how happy I am that such a strong believer will be reading me the Christmas story that night. I am so excited now. The Passion was such an incredible movie and an incredible testimony. I can't wait to tell my MIL!

Nicki

You're welcome Danny. Are you planning another Old Key West DIS meet again this December? You and your DW were great DIS hosts, and I had a great time meeting everyone.

Hi, Nicki. I wish that I was there to see James Calveziel, too. I think that would be my top choice, next to Levar Burton.

Hi, Zalansky. You can find the following information on the DIS front page at www.wdwinfo.com .

You receive entrance to the reserved seating area at the America Gardens Theatre, in the front few rows if you purchase the Dinner Package. The package includes one dinner at selected Epcot Restaurants (Tax included,gratuity and beverages ARE included this year). The restaurants participating in the package are in three tiers of pricing:
Processional Dinner packages should be available for booking September 2nd._
ºoº Tier 1: $28.99 adult
11.99 child_

ºoº Tier 2
37.99 adult
11.99 child_

ºoº Tier 3
44.99 adult
11.99 child_

ºoº Candlelight show times are 5:00 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. with there only being two performances on December 5th (the 5:00pm show is closed to guests).

ºoº Tier 1:
Biergarten – Germany
Garden Grill - The Land
Restaurant Akershus – Norway
Cost for dinner is only $28.99 plus 6.5% tax per adult $11.99 plus 6.5% tax per child age 3 - 11. Meals consist of the full buffet, including dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. Prices include gratuity but not 6.5% sales tax.

ºoº Tier 2:__
San Angel Inn – Mexico
Nine Dragons Restaurant - China
Rose and Crown - UK
Restaurant Marrakesh – Morocco
Cost for Dinner is only $37.99 per adult $11.99 per child age 3 - 11. Meals consist of soup, salad or appetizer, entree, and dessert and non-alcoholic beverage_ Prices include gratuity but not 6.5% sales tax.

ºoº Tier 3:
Le Cellier Steakhouse - Canada
Les Chefs de France - France
Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki - Japan
L’Orignale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante - Italy
Coral Reef- The Living Seas
(Dinner choices DO NOT include Lobster Entree at Le Cellier Steakhouse or Coral Reef) Cost for Dinner is $44.99 per adult $11.99 per child age 3 -11. Meals consist of soup, salad or appetizer, entree, and dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. Price includes gratuity but not the 6.5% sales tax.

The Dinner Packages must be paid for at the time of booking. Reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-DINE, or visiting the Candlelight Office at the main entrance to Epcot.
Packages may be picked up at Candlelight Dinner Package Pick Up at the Main Entrance of Epcot. Please arrive at least 30 - 60 minutes before your scheduled seating time to pick up package. Dinner packages DO NOT include park admission.

ºoº I hope that this helps. ºoº

ºoº Ray ºoº

Hi Ray! :wave2:

We'll be at the 8:15pm CP on Monday, Nov. 29th to see Heather Headley! I am just so excited! I love Aida, have seen it twice (not on Broadway) and listen to the CD in my car all the time. When I realized SHE would be performing during our trip, I just about flipped! I couldn't believe my luck! We'll be eating at Tappenyaki beforehand at 5pm. Can't get much better than that! :Pinkbounc

Karen

I picked what looks like the dud....Josh Morrow....but I wanted to end our trip with the Christmas spirit on the up swing...It was such a memorable event for us last year...

Keeping fingers crossed that he is a fabulous narrator...

I picked Joshua Morrow also, for the December 11th, 6:45pm show. I wanted a date closer to Christmas and I watched The Young and the Restless (the soap he is on) for years when I was younger. If he is not a good narrator, at least he is a treat to the eyes!
I really do think he will be good though...have no fear.

:wave: Hi, zalansky. This is the first year that I have never bought a CLP package. Of course this is the first year that I have every bought a package that included food vouchers, too. So I thought that I would just wait in line to see the CLP and dine on my own. And don't worry about how your speaker may do. There was a comedian last year that was great as a CLP and I was really surprised. I am terrible with names, so I don't remember his name. Have a great time.

:wave: Hi, zurgswife. I love the Candlight Processional, too. I try to catch it a couple of times each December. I hope to see you around.

:wave: Hi, zakatak. That sounds like a wonderful speaker. Have a great time.

:wave: Ray

Thanks Ray for the Bio's. Were doing one of the Hal Holbrook Shows.

I saw Heather Headley in AIDA on Broadway and all I can say is WOW!! What a terrific performer; she'll be a GREAT narrator! ::yes::

We'll be seeing Edward James Olmos. Doesn't matter to me who is narrating - it will be a beautiful experience just being there.

:wave: If no one remembers the songs the huge choir sings and the orchastra plays, then here is a list:

ºoº 2003 Candlelight Processional PROGRAM ºoº

ºoº Shout for Joy
ºoº O Come All Ye Faithful
ºoº Il Est Ne
ºoº O Holy Night
ºoº Angels from the Realms of Glory
ºoº Rejoice with Exceeding Joy
ºoº What Child is This
ºoº Do You Here What I Here
ºoº Silent Night
ºoº Joy to the World
ºoº The Hallelujah Chorus
ºoº Let There Be Peace on

:wave: Hi Mamu. I hope to see Hal Holbrook, too.

:wave: Hi, RachealTori. I must see Heather, too.

I wouldn't worry about any of the narrators. Last year I was not all that excited to see Rita Moreno, but let me just say WOW. She was absolutely phenomenal! Her readings were so passionate and inspiring, and you could tell by the way see was moving to the music, that she was enjoying every minute of it too.

This year we're going to see Marlee Matlin (who was my first choice last year, but we didn't get to see her because of the dates) . I know she has done it before, so has anyone seen her? Please let me know what you thought of her performance.
Thanks,
Mike

We actually changed our dining to Japan, since my in-laws wanted to join us. I have read reviews and it looks really good...I will have to wait for Le Cellier for another time...
thank you again for this thread Ray!! It has really helped us decide...

:wave: ºoº Hi zalasky and Mike. I saw Rita M. last year and she was very good. If I see Marlee, I'll let you know what she is like. And Japan is a great place to dine. Super food. Great, fun service. And you don't have far to walk to get in line for the Candlelight Processional. Have a great time.

ºoº Ray

:wave: Hi, ChesireVal. I saw Gary Sinise one year and he was great. Have a great time.

Ray

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter