ºoº Disneyland 50th Anniversary Merchandise - More Pg 2

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator

Disneyland Merchandise Goes Retro to 1955

11450dlrpin.jpg

On Main Street there is a corner shop across from the Emporium, and I found this merchandise there.

11450dlrretromdse.jpg

There is a variety of items in turquoise blue that show the original or early attractions at Disneyland - Clocks, mini trays that resemble the food trays that were popular back in the 50's, photo albums, shot glasses, watches, stickers, cups ...

11450IMG_8021-med.JPG

... tins that hold note paper, sticky paper with different characters, playing cards, a reusable bingo game (find different attractions, etc) ...

11450IMG_8017-med.JPG

... stuffed Mickeys with the number '55 on their feet ...

11450IMG_8019-med.JPG

... tshirts and sweatshirts that have the logo of the original Disneyland sign on them, golden Mickey Ears that you can have embroidered ($9.95 each) with white thread ...

11450IMG_8022-med.JPG

Another wall has shirts, bags, purses ....

11450IMG_8023-med.JPG

11450IMG_8014.JPG

I love this retro stuff! Does anyone know how I could buy it online or over the phone without going to Disneyland? I would love to get the bingo game for the car and some of the other stuff.

ADisneyQueen said:
I love this retro stuff! Does anyone know how I could buy it online or over the phone without going to Disneyland? I would love to get the bingo game for the car and some of the other stuff.

Coming soon to an Ebay dealer near you... :rolleyes:

Followup: I couldn't resist looking after typing the above. Going to Ebay's main page and entering 'Disneyland retro' turned up lots of items including the bingo game starting at $5...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1380&item=6525044480&rd=1

ADisneyQueen said:

I know you can buy WDW park stuff online by contacting Guest Services (I've done it before)...so maybe it's the same for DL. Give it a try!

They also have this merchandise at the Star Trader in Tomorrowland. There they also have a lisense plate frame with the retro look.

Ok, Im ready to go shopping! :teeth:
Thanks for posting Mary Jo. Everything looks really neat.

I'm sure you can just call Disneyland DelivEARS...

(800) 362-4533

(i think)

Will the 50th merchandise be different at DL compared to what's available at WDW? I know the items will say DL or WDW, but will items like the golden ears be different in the different parks?

I think the retro stuff and maybe the golden ears are just for DL, could be wrong though. Also they have a framed pin set with a map of DL and 11 pins on it. The pins are the retro disneyland pins. It costs less than buying the pins individually, and it is nice. But it took me almost a month to find one in stock, they keep selling out.

I read on another board that WDW already has the golden ears but I don't know if they are exactly the same.

I just knew that shopping there was going to be expensive! Now I can start already drooling over the items I've "gotta have"

Both parks have ears but they are pretty different- DLs are the only one that say 50 and have band leader Mickey- WDWs has tuxedo mickey and their theme

-em

Looks like I will need to bring an extra suitcase..... ;)

Disneyland_emily said:
Both parks have ears but they are pretty different- DLs are the only one that say 50 and have band leader Mickey- WDWs has tuxedo mickey and their theme
Very cool, thanks again!

that stuff is cool looking. i like the retro style. can't wait to pick some stuff up if im going to disneyland this year

More Disneyland 50th Anniversary Merchandise, as of 4/29/2005.

I found this merchandise in a little shop in the castle - it features souvenirs with the castle (very cool). I also checked out the shop Showcase Disney on the corner, next to the Magic shop and found more gifts there.

Click on the picture to see a larger one

Mickey 50th Antenna Toppers

11450IMG_81221.JPG

The new Disneyland Bricks are out in front. They have a 50th anniversary emblem on them that's pretty cool.

11450IMG_81231-med.JPG

11450IMG_81281.JPG

Wow! I can't wait till August. Do they have any Christmas ornaments for the 50th celebration?

We received the new Disney catalogue in the mail yesterday and there was a complete section for the 50th including the LE items.

you are great!
This was a great 'heads up' for us - we are visiting WDW in June, I know
NOT to buy ANYTHING there and wait till I get to DL at the end of July -
and then on the ship. Wonder if I can have things shipped home from
DL to have room in my suitcase for the Magic souvenirs - I love
collecting anything from Disney - my husband is a pin "freak", I'm a
magnet freak - my refrigerator is covered, every inch, with only Disney
magnets and we love collecting the little stuffied animals and clothing.
Thanks again - Lucy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter