ºoº Fantasmic Information

Thanks for posting these great pictures! I have been wondering what the balcony and the view looked like.

Mary Jo, you totally rock! :hug:

Are there restrooms on the balcony? This would be a major concern with 3 children.

No, there aren't.

I don't recall any in the Gallery area, just the usual ones in New Orleans Square.

It's an outstanding view though...

Awesome of course!! Thanks so much, nice to see where we'll be as the trip gets closer! Thanks 100 times over!!

asked about the buffet and the girl I spoke with said it wouldn't be worth the price if you are taking young children. She was talking about the food, not the view obviously.

She told me there is a restaurant right there that is only open for lunch...that I should get there an hour or so early and we can sit at a table on the patio, since they aren't open at that time.

At the time I still had Fantasmic from WDW stuck in my mind...it took awhile to get a grip on the major differences between the two venues. So, now my question is, what restaurant would you guess she was talking about? Has anyone else tried this little trick?

Mary Jo said:
Tickets are picked up on the day of the show at Guest Services, located to the left of the Disneyland Park entrance. Be sure to get your tickets before Guest Services closes.
I made reservations for the Fantasmic Buffet on Friday and was told I would actually get my tickets upon check-in. I'll post back to let everyone know if that is actually the case.

Thanks again for all the info you provide Mary Jo!

I think it's called the Cafe Royale...

It's right across the 'street' from Club 33, facing Tom Sawyer's island.

They do soups, salads, and sandwiches- if I remember right.

I think they serve the same Clam Chowder that the Blue Bayou serves (it's the BEST), and it has an iron railed patio for outdoor dining.

HTH!

poohj80 said:
I made reservations for the Fantasmic Buffet on Friday and was told I would actually get my tickets upon check-in. I'll post back to let everyone know if that is actually the case.

Thanks again for all the info you provide Mary Jo!

I just booked the buffet also on Friday, for Premium Seating and I'm sure the CM from vacation planning said I would get my tickets when I checked in too.

lntsmom said:
asked about the buffet and the girl I spoke with said it wouldn't be worth the price if you are taking young children. She was talking about the food, not the view obviously.

She told me there is a restaurant right there that is only open for lunch...that I should get there an hour or so early and we can sit at a table on the patio, since they aren't open at that time.

At the time I still had Fantasmic from WDW stuck in my mind...it took awhile to get a grip on the major differences between the two venues. So, now my question is, what restaurant would you guess she was talking about? Has anyone else tried this little trick?

She's talking about the RiverBelle Terrace probably. I don't think they're open for dinner, and if you can snag a table there the view of Fantasmic is pretty good.

My guess is that they're talking about Cafe Orleans - check out the map in the link I've attached. Cafe Orleans is #26, and French Market is #25. Riverbelle Terrace is #42, I think.

Cafe Orleans is only open when the park is really crowded, and I've never seen them open for dinner. I've never looked to see if anyone sits in that patio, though.

Riverbelle is open for dinner, and we sometimes watch Fantasmic from there - however, we have to get there by 5pm for the 9pm show if we want to sit down. (I don't mind waiting when we have people visiting us from out-of-town)

Disneyland Map

Let me ask this...have you ever tried getting in to the Riverbelle after the first performance so you will be there for the second? My kiddos are super flexible on eating...if I need to do a late afternoon snack for a superlate dinner, they'd be fine. Just curious as to whether you think this would be a good plan.

So far today I've nailed down my transportation to the airport...lol...at this rate I may finish planning our May 28th trip somewhere around Christmas! :earboy2:

Beth,

Just so you know, I expect it to be extremely crowded during the 50th. Rooms are booking quickly... so, having said that - if you are planning on going before summer vacation, or afterwards, then I think that going through Riverbelle Terrace entrance on the Adventureland side & waiting for the first show to finish, then see the second show would be a good strategy.

Whatever you decide to do, you need to consider your children's height & whether or not they'll be able to see the performance. If there are a lot of adults standing in front of them, then the show isn't as enjoyable.

Besides staking out a spot at Riverbelle Terrace, I've also staked out a spot in the area in front of the balcony (near the photo spot sign) -- that's a great spot because you're in the middle, and you can also see the fireworks after the first show.

If you're going to be there for a few days, you might want to consider "camping out" and having some down time w/your kids, relaxing, planning some more, etc. Depending on the age of your kids, if it isn't too crowded, you might let them go on Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc., while you wait. I used to do that w/mine -- they'd go on one ride, come back, go on another ride (close by), and come back.

Great Information Thanks forthe photos and detail.

One question though, can you give me some ideas as to the dessert offerings (menu)?

TIA

Nice review...

With the new fireworks geared more for the Hub/Main Street view .. is it even possible to see them after the first Fantasmic! ? I think I read on Mice Age that you don't see much from ROA area now.

These photos are great! I too am wondering if the new fireworks show is visable from this area at all as we are considering booking for our trip.

My thoughts on the fireworks from ROA- You will still see the fireworks and I believe they still pump in the music- You just wont see the Castle effects or alot of Tinker Bell from there

Unlike Believe where from ROA you'd see about 95% of the show- You'll prob see 70% of Remember from there

-em

sters said:
Are there restrooms on the balcony? This would be a major concern with 3 children.

My children & I have done this a few times and although I always have them go to the restroom before we head up there, my son always seems to need to go after awhile.

Eventhough they don't have a restroom in the Gallery, the CM's have always been willing to let him go in the CM restroom. I thought it was neat, because they had Disney decorations in there eventhough it is only used by CM's. I don't think this is the norm, but I believe they make exceptions for children, since alot of times they have trouble holding it :sad2: !

:flower: ,
Katie

When you're reading through the guidebooks, sometimes it's hard to imagine what something really looks like or is set up, but your pictures have really helped me. My family and I will be there next month and this will be our first trip to DL. Since there will be two nightly showings of Fantasmic during our stay, we are going to do the 2nd show. Thanks again for the pictures. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter