ºoº Fantasmic Information

INTSMOM Stated: "asked about the buffet and the girl I spoke with said it wouldn't be worth the price if you are taking young children. She was talking about the food, not the view obviously."

I somewhat disagree with the CM on this one. She's right regarding the cost in relation to how much a small child might eat at the buffet, but the experience was worth every cent. We took our DGD when she was 3 yrs. old and it was one of the highlights of her trip. She wanted to go back every night after that while we were there.

We're going again in 2 weeks and she's now 5. The first things she commented on when we told her we were going to Disneyland again were: 1) Can I see that bear in the mountain again (Matterhorn), 2) Can I go in the "haunted house" this time (mom thought she was too young last time) and, 3) Can we eat dessert and watch that fireworks Mickey show upstairs?

It'll be worth every penny spent to see her face when Fantasmic begins. :earsgirl:

Mary Jo....do I understand you correctly that if I am staying at a Disneyland resort that they can reserve the balcony seating for me? If so, how far out will they do this. Who do I call to make the arrangements? Thanks so much for all your help.

Fran

What TIME can you begin calling the phone number 30 days in advance? Need to start calling tomorrow for our July trip.

Thanks!

You can start calling 30 days out at 8:00am (PST). If you are staying on property, you can get in touch with the vacation planning dept. and they will do everything for you. This worked out perfect for me since I live in Hawaii and would have had to have gotten up at 5:00am! They made our reservations and we got seat #'s 1-6... :sunny:

Please forgive me if any of these questions are obvious - We've never been to DL, but would really love to take DS there for a surprise 4th birthday and I am trying to jump right in to planning...we do have currently have reservations at WDW, but thought it could be wonderful to try something different.

What is the vacation planning dept? Is this the people who take your reservations over the phone? Is this for everyone or just concierge guests? How would I go about having them reserve tickets for us for the Fantasmic Dessert balcony (or is the other seating better??)...? We do plan to stay on property. I think this would be a wonderful evening for DS's birthday. Are these tickets hard to get? I have visions of trying to get breakfast at the castle at WDW in my head...if the vaca planning dept can't do this for me, do I have to get up and call at exactly 10:00 (CST)...?

Thanks in advance for any help...!

slk537 said:
What is the vacation planning dept? Is this the people who take your reservations over the phone? Is this for everyone or just concierge guests?
At DL, this is for anyone with an existing reservation at a Disney resort. This service is not offered at WDW.

slk537 said:
How would I go about having them reserve tickets for us for the Fantasmic Dessert balcony (or is the other seating better??)...?
You can call or e-mail them your requests and they will try their best to get your reservations on the appropriate day.

slk537 said:
Are these tickets hard to get?
VERY!

slk537 said:
I have visions of trying to get breakfast at the castle at WDW in my head...if the vaca planning dept can't do this for me, do I have to get up and call at exactly 10:00 (CST)...?
There is no breakfast at the castle at DL. If you are calling WDW for Cinderella's Royal Table reservations, you would need to call starting at 6 AM CST (I believe).

Thanks PoohJ80! I really appreciate your help - DH and I talked tonight and it sounds like it will be DLR for us this trip...we are really excited to see where it all began!

I thank my lucky stars every time I go to make PS for our trips that I don't have to worry about the castle breakfast at WDW - having a boy, I don't have to play the games to get it. i was just wondering if the same strategies were to be used for this...sounds like it wouldn't be a bad idea.

thank you again - these boards are so incredibly valuable for trip planning - I really appreciate everyone's help!

Jennifer

I am happy to report....that by using my cell phone and my land line, both going at the same time....I was able to get the fantasmic buffet seating that I wanted!!!!!!!!

It will be the perfect ending to our DL trip, before we get on The Magic the next day. Thanks to all. Your suggestions on these boards was terrific!
Fran
:teacher:

I just wanted to add that if you are lucky enough to get tickets...you are in for a treat. I surprised my Mom with the Dessert Buffet tickets for the day after we got off the 14 day repo cruise and I felt it was worth every penny. It was very crowded in the park that day and people started to find their "spots" very early but we were able to see the parade and then head to the Gallery. We had seats in the front row and it was absolutely "fantasmic"!!!!!!!!!

I called the vacation planing telephone number that I think I found listed on the Grand Californian site and I was asking about getting tickets to both Fantasmic and the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour and she told me that she would take my CC information and try to get the tickets for us at the 30 day mark and that they would email or call me and let me know if they got the tickets.

Also the seating on the balcony is based on your ticket number which appears no where on your ticket but is based on when your reservation was made so getting to the Gallery early does not guarantee you a font row spot.

Elaine

Is the balcony seating better than the other? Still trying to decide if it's worth that high ticket price for the 4 of us. I know DH would think I was nuts!

TimeforMe said:
Is the balcony seating better than the other? Still trying to decide if it's worth that high ticket price for the 4 of us. I know DH would think I was nuts!

We thought it was fabulous. You are right in front of the show - dead centre and you don't have to fight for your spot. In addition, you are up higher so there is no chance of anyone blocking your view.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I thought it was worth the money, but then again it is my Mom's favourite show and I don't think I'll ever forget the look on her face when we arrived on the balcony to see the show.

Elaine

When I explained the difference to DH when I was discussing the event, the idea of being above almost everyone was the selling point for him (not that he really needed one).

I also treated my DB, DSIL and kids, and we all had a fabulous time! In fact- they're still talking about it, and we did it in 2002.

Have fun!!

We are going in September and my DH and I will definitely do this! I'll be going with my entire family and we doubt that everyone will want to fork out the fifty bucks to do it, but we feel it would be so worth it.

Here's another question:

if one does have reservations at one of the DL hotels, say the Paradise Pier, and you ask PP to get the balcony seating for a certain day, how do they do that? I thought you had to pay with your credit card right when you make the arrangements for the balcony seating?

I called the vacation planning number and I guess I got a really helpful CM. It was our first trip to Disneyland and we were staying at the Grand Californian and I called about 45 days out requesting information about how to book a reservation for the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet and a Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour. She took all my information as to preferences and she also took my credit card information, and she said they would try at the 30 day mark and email me if they were able to get my requests. When I got home from work at the day 30 mark...there was an email confirming my reservations. You actually get your tickets when you check in at the hotel. I asked to keep my Fantasmic tickets and they were returned to me after the show. I highly recomend the Dessert Buffet. It was incredible!!!!!!

Elaine

That all makes sense. Now, if you don't mind, tell me what you think of this plan:

Let's say I make reservations at the Paradise Pier now, and ask them to make those balcony reservations for me when the times comes, and they are able to get them for me. Let's say that I check on Expedia a week before we are going to DL and see that I can get a much better deal on my room at PP than my original reservation. So I cancel my original reservations and rebook for a room at Paradise Pier on Expedia. What do you think would happen to my Fantasmic! tickets? Would I lose them in the translation?

Anyone who knows the answer to this, feel free to share!

zakerdog said:
I just booked the buffet also on Friday, for Premium Seating and I'm sure the CM from vacation planning said I would get my tickets when I checked in too.

I booked through vacation planning also and was told that I was booked for 4 people on the Disney Gallery balcony for the 10:30pm show on July 18th. I asked would I receive a voucher to pick up tickets at guest services or tickets. I was told that the tickets will be included with my package that I pick up at the front desk of the hotel when I check in.

I also booked 4 Walk in Walt's Footstep tours for the same day through the 714-781-4400 tour number and I received a reservation number to take to the guest services kiosk to the left of the DL entrance along with my photo ID and the credit card I used for payment of the tour.

I think the difference is who I booked it with. Vacation planning couldn't offer me the 20% Disney Visa discount for the Walt Tour which is why I booked it through the Tour number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter