ºoº Grand Californian Hotel Info - with Pictures

thatgirl'smom

Earning My Ears
Thanks for all the pictures! I'm so excited to stay there next month!

I was wondering... about how far in advance do you think I should put in my room requests? Locked minibar, usable fridge, and balcony (standard room).

Thanks! :goodvibes

Holy smokes that's cool!! How do you get such cool ariels? Do you have that same one but bigger/more to it? I'd love to see the sierra tower and the distance through DTD to the gates! Only if you have it...I don't want you to hope your private jet and start taking pictures just for me!! hehehehehe :)

Wow--I guess I have to take back all the mean things I've said about the GC pool. :p

This sure is making it difficult to wait until our August trip.

That is, by far, the best overview and informative maps of the GC that I have seen on ANY of the many Disney sites I visit!! You ROCK!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :banana: :earseek:

Thanks for taking the time to post all this Mary Jo! It makes me REALLY excited for our trip next month!

Mom2Joce said:
Holy smokes that's cool!! How do you get such cool ariels?
My guess is that Mary Jo has downloaded a program at www.keyhole.com like we have. It is a VERY cool program!

Thanks again, Mary Jo! I can't wait to stay here! Is it October yet?

Karen

Mom2Joce said:
Holy smokes that's cool!! How do you get such cool ariels? Do you have that same one but bigger/more to it? I'd love to see the sierra tower and the distance through DTD to the gates! Only if you have it...I don't want you to hope your private jet and start taking pictures just for me!! hehehehehe :)

Someone posted a link to terraserver & I copied the picture & added labels. If you would like to see the same link it's stuck at the top of the board in the first thread that says maps & aerial pics. There is one from terraserver that you can manipulate, go out, and come back in -- very cool & I had a fun time finding my own house. :)

Blackunicorn said:
Wow--I guess I have to take back all the mean things I've said about the GC pool.

I guess you kind of inspired me to show what the GC really has :p

thatgirl'smom said:
I was wondering... about how far in advance do you think I should put in my room requests? Locked minibar, usable fridge, and balcony (standard room).

I would ask whoever you made the reservation with to put those requests in the hotel notes. They'll have them when you check in. As for the minibar - they asked me when I checked in if I would like it locked or not. There is space at the top of the minibar for a bottled soda/water or two, but if you move anything else in there you'll be charged - it's electronic. Most rooms have a balcony - only 12 of them that are over the courtyard. A little "Tink" told me that Disney was first planning on the monorail stopping at the GC, but those plans fell through (look at the architecture next time you're in the courtyard & see where a good place would be for a station).

sierranevada said:
That is, by far, the best overview and informative maps of the GC that I have seen on ANY of the many Disney sites I visit!! You ROCK!!!

Glad you like it. Thanks for the kudos, you sure made me smile. :)

TLinden16 said:
Thanks again, Mary Jo! I can't wait to stay here! Is it October yet?

Hey, I'm looking forward to see YOU when you come out. :goodvibes

Thanks for the pictures. Now I really can't wait for August.

I just love these hotel threads. Any reason I can't bump 'em?

Deemarch said:
Having never stayed in DL, do you have transportation to DL park from this hotel?
Yep, just walk outside the hotel and head to the park. ;)

The resorts at DL are much closer to the parks than at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter