ºoº Magic Morning (Early Entry) & Mickey's Toontown Madness Info

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
Disneyland Magic Morning: Early entry is offered to select Guests of the Disneyland Resort on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays (days that start with S or T) 1 hour prior to scheduled park opening. The following attractions will be open at this time: Disneyland Monorail System, Matterhorn Bobsleds, King Arthur Carrousel, Mad Tea Party, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Peter Pan's Flight, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Snow White's Scary Adventure, "It's a Small World", Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Astro Orbitor, and Finding Nemo Submarines

The following food & shops will be open
Blue Ribbon Bakery, Carnation Cafe, Main Street Fruit Cart Fantasyland, Mad Hatter, Once Upon a Time, Stroller Shop, Premiere Shop, Disney Showcase, it's a small world, Toy Shop Town Square, Plaza Inn, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Premier Shop

ºoº

Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays when the park opens (Note that Disney gives us conflicting info, but several have assured me that these are the correct days for Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness)

Toontown typically opens an hour after Disneyland opens. Guests may enjoy Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness an hour before Toontown opens to the general public. Guests have the opportunity to meet and greet some of their favorite Disney Characters. The Mayor of Toontown, Mickey Mouse, leads a comical ceremony in which everyone becomes a citizen of Toontown - and that's when the madness begins!

How to get Magic Morning & Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness

For Magic Mornings you must have a 3+day park hopper bonus ticket that you have purchased either online, through Disney Resort Hotel service, Walt Disney Travel Company, or through an agency that books through Walt Disney Travel Company (like Dreams Unlimited Travel). Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels can also take advantage of Magic Morning each day it is offered.

In order to get Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness you must book through the Walt Disney Travel Company or an agency who books through them, and stay at a DLR hotel or Good Neighbor hotel.

Thank you very much Mary Jo for the great info. This will definitely be very useful for my upcoming trip. Would you recommend a Tues., Thurs., OR Sat. early entry? I thought Tues. might be best but I am not sure. Also you mentinoned it is offered thru a 3 day hopper pass. Does this apply to a 5 day hopper pass as well?

Monica. :sunny:

They're good for 3 days or more - need to be hopper plus passes. The only reason I do not recommend a Saturday is because there are more tourists on the weekends who are apt to take advantage of Early Entry, and in my opinion, would cause longer lines than on a Tuesday or Thursday.

I recommend Tuesday or Thursday, but if I were to pick one day, it would probably be Thursday. People might leave on a Tuesday, and want to take advantage of EE, but people getting in on Thursday wouldn't really use it until Saturday or Monday -- at least, that's my take on it.

So is early entry no longer available to guests of the DL resort (without park hopper passes)? We have annual passes this year, so we won't need park hoppers.

How would you know if your tickets HAVE an EE or TTM special (just by looking at them that is?)

EE is in small print on back and bottom of passes, MTM are separate coupons sent in package with passes

bubbasmom99 said:
So is early entry no longer available to guests of the DL resort (without park hopper passes)?
That is correct, it is not available.

Thanks, Mary Jo, for the great info.

I'm visiting DL for the first time before leaving on the August repo cruise, and we'll have both EE and Toontown Madness available, but I think Thursday is the only day I have available to use them. (We arrive on Tuesday morning but we're leaving Saturday morning.)

Is it possible to use them both on the same day? If so, how do I do it? The EE part seems easy, but where do we go for Toontown Madness?

Thanks so much for any assistance you can provide ~ I LOVE this forum! (I've been lurking here for months, but finally posted here.)

Arlene

Mary Jo or any one else-
After you answer mississaugamom question, I would appreciate your assistance as well on EE and MTM mornings.

My family (DH, myself, DD11, DS6, DD2 and DM) will be at DL September 21-25 staying at the GC, though we will not arrive until late evening on that Wednesday, so our first day at the parks will be on Thursday. Since we will be at the resort both Thursday and Saturday, should we do EE on one day and MTM on the other (and if so which one on which day)? or should we try to do them both together on the same day?

I was leaning toward doing one on Thursday and the other on Saturday just because I am thinking it would not be a very efficent use of an EE morning, when we could be riding rides without huge lines, to spend in Toontown, especially when we have an early time that we could use another day, but not really experienced so my thinking could be WAY off.

BTW-When we went on our Disney cruise in December, my youngest (15 months at the time), wasn't afraid of the characters but was somewhat shy with them. My older two like to see the characters and get autographs again, but since we have two character meals planned where they could get them, would probably rather rides the rides than wait in long lines for character autographs in the park.

Any assistance would definitely help in planning.

mississaugamom said:
Thanks, Mary Jo, for the great info.

I'm visiting DL for the first time before leaving on the August repo cruise, and we'll have both EE and Toontown Madness available, but I think Thursday is the only day I have available to use them. (We arrive on Tuesday morning but we're leaving Saturday morning.)

Is it possible to use them both on the same day? If so, how do I do it? The EE part seems easy, but where do we go for Toontown Madness?
Yes, you can and probably should. First half of August DL opens at 8AM. EE is 7AM. And TT Mad is 8AM, with regular opening at 9AM.

Hey, Arlene :)

Yes, you can use them on the same day. Fantasyland will open an hour before Disneyland does, and when Disneyland officially opens, you can then go to Toontown, because it normally doesn't open until an hour after DL opens.

Packing up and flying home tomorrow. The wife says we have EE at MTT, we are staying at hotel a couple of blocks away from the main entrance.

1. What time would the EE at MTT be if the park opens at 0800.
2. Where do you enter TT and how would you get there if you are staying on Clementine st?

Thanks for all the help. You would think at my age and the kind of work I do I would be mellow about the whole thing.
I can not wait.

blackjackdelta said:
Packing up and flying home tomorrow. The wife says we have EE at MTT, we are staying at hotel a couple of blocks away from the main entrance.

1. What time would the EE at MTT be if the park opens at 0800.
2. Where do you enter TT and how would you get there if you are staying on Clementine st?

Thanks for all the help. You would think at my age and the kind of work I do I would be mellow about the whole thing.
I can not wait.

Sound normal to me :)

Toontown would open at 8am -- it opens for the public at 9am.

From Clementine, you'd either take the ART shuttle or walk - it's about a 15 minute walk to the Disneyland entrance.

Have a great time!

Mary Jo:
Is there another entrance to TT other than walking to TT from the main entrance and using up the EE time?

Thanks again :badpc:

No - the only entrance to Toontown is walking through Disneyland. The entrance is next to the It's a Small World attraction

Would catching the Train be an option to save time? I noticed that they stop there, is that correct?

Thanks for all your help, you have been wonderful. Lived in SoCal for a number of years \50"s and 60's and had the opportunity to door the park weekly. I will be interesting to see the changes. :hourglass

blackjackdelta said:
Mary Jo:
Is there another entrance to TT other than walking to TT from the main entrance and using up the EE time?

Thanks again :badpc:
Two choices. Either thru the regular TT entrance, or on the DLRR. Since EE is from 7AM-8AM this time of year, and TTMM starts at 8AM on EE days, there is no need lose EE time.

bubbasmom99 said:
So is early entry no longer available to guests of the DL resort (without park hopper passes)? We have annual passes this year, so we won't need park hoppers.
Just thought I would update this thread to add that they have again made EE available to guests of the Disney hotels, as well as Parkhopper Bonus Ticket holders.

1. Is EE offered at Ca. Adventure?

2. Is EE at Disneyland offered to a Disney Resort guest with a 2 day pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter