ºoº September 2018 Check-In Thread ºoº

I have been quiet lately because there hasn't been much to get done...but now that park hours are out, I have been able to plan a little bit more. I am surprising my friends with Fantasmic! Dinner Dining at River Belle Terrace on the 29th. I also purchased our tickets through A-Res Travel (they had the best deal for tickets at the time) and just last week, I got our airport transfers. We are all set for our trip and super excited.

I have been working on wire Mickey ears for my two friends that are going with me, and Halloween shirts we can wear during the trip. I am also working on a special Darth Vader shirt for my one friend's fiance that is going (didn't think he would want a flower headband...LOL). After I get the shirts done...we are ready to pack for the trip.

I am getting really excited for this (and my friends are too).

Any DL regulars know what the weather is usually like for the end of September?? We are there Sept 26-Oct 2.

Any DL regulars know what the weather is usually like for the end of September?? We are there Sept 26-Oct 2.
Weather is usually pretty pleasant, temps usually in the mid-high 70's but there's always a chance of a random heat wave hitting anytime of the year in CA. It can also get chilly in the evenings so I'd prepare for that too.

The week before your trip, start checking the local weather report (abc7 is a good local station). Layers will be your friend. That way you'll be fine if the weather is very warm and if the evenings are cool. Remember that even though you might feel warm/hot walking around from ride to ride, you can cool off pretty quickly once the sun goes down, especially if you'll be waiting inactive for a parade or F! So it never hurts to have some layers in a backpack or in a locker -- even if you don't wear them, they make nice seat cushions when sitting on the pavement for PTN or F!

Weather is usually pretty pleasant, temps usually in the mid-high 70's but there's always a chance of a random heat wave hitting anytime of the year in CA. It can also get chilly in the evenings so I'd prepare for that too.

Thanks!! I was looking at bringing a long sleeve hooded shirt that is thinner, but yet will help if it got cooler in the evenings. My friends and I were also talking about taking hockey jerseys along to get pictures with them on so that would be something also to keep us warm.

The week before your trip, start checking the local weather report (abc7 is a good local station). Layers will be your friend. That way you'll be fine if the weather is very warm and if the evenings are cool. Remember that even though you might feel warm/hot walking around from ride to ride, you can cool off pretty quickly once the sun goes down, especially if you'll be waiting inactive for a parade or F! So it never hurts to have some layers in a backpack or in a locker -- even if you don't wear them, they make nice seat cushions when sitting on the pavement for PTN or F!

Thanks for the tip!! I will keep an eye out on that station...I also have the Anaheim Resort as one of my favorites in the Weather Channel app to keep an eye on the weather.

I am not seeing Fantasmic on the schedule for Sept 15 & 16 or 22 & 23. Did I miss a notice about it not being offered during that time?

Not sure what you're referring to. I see it on the schedule for all four of these dates.
I should have known it was the usual Disneyland Entertainment Schedule issues. I looked again and everything was blank on those dates and then looked an hour later and there was everything, including Fantasmic!

Getting closer and closer! Arriving the 21st for MHP party. Staying that night at the DLH before moving to a cheaper hotel for the 22nd and 23rd. Wanted the convenience of the DLH with a almost 5 year old and a full costume haha.

I'm going in 11 days! DL/DCA 24-26 (MHP on the 26th). I can't wait!! Costume is bought and assembled. Packing list is updated. Just waiting for my ears to arrive!

I am single digits from leaving and getting super excited!!!! We have our costumes ready for our MHP on the 26th. My friends and I got together for dinner on Friday night and got some more details worked out. I just have to finish our Halloween themed t-shirts.

My husband and I are leaving one week from this moment :tongue: :goofy:Can. Not. Wait. It's our summer trip I held off on due to looking for a new job. Staying at the Anaheim Hotel and one night in the Disneyland Hotel. One day at DCA and the next night (the 26th) at the Halloween Party. Our first party and we plan to focus on food, rides, food, people watching, food, and fireworks. :mickeybar(we're workout-aholics and healthy eaters so the beasts will be unleashed!)
Hope everyone has a great vacation! Weather is looking beautiful the next couple of weeks!

I am single digits from leaving and getting super excited!!!! We have our costumes ready for our MHP on the 26th. My friends and I got together for dinner on Friday night and got some more details worked out. I just have to finish our Halloween themed t-shirts.

I'll be at the party that night, too. My husband and I have matching villain T shirts. What about you?

It's our summer trip I held off on due to looking for a new job. Staying at the Anaheim Hotel and one night in the Disneyland Hotel. One day at DCA and the next night (the 26th) at the Halloween Party.

I'll be at the party that night, too. My husband and I have matching villain T shirts. What about you?

I'll be at the party on the 26th as well! My mom is dressing as Snow White and I'm the Evil Queen :rotfl:

We book a trip this past Sunday to arrive on the 28th! Totally last minute, but we really wanted to see Halloween at the parks. No party for us, because obviously we waited so long. We had few options for hotels, so we chose Embassy Suites South, and will take their shuttle or Uber to the parks. We stayed there once before, for a conference/Disneyland, so we know it is farther away. Normally we stay at BWPPI or Tropicana, but at least we will have a nice breakfast at Embassy, and our daughter has her own room. :)

My friends and I are going as the Bimbette's from Beauty and the Beast (well, not full costumes, but more of Disneybounding) and my friend's fiance is going as Gaston.
Oh my gosh I'll be at the same party as you and me and my bf are going as Belle and the Beast. I'm totally going to keep an eye out for your group!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter