— July 2018 Check-In

... We never got around to filing a complaint because we didn't catch their names.

I'm sorry this happened to you. You don't need to know their names and you can (and should) still file a complaint. (Use the "contact us" link on the DLR website.) This kind of behavior and lack of customer service/consideration is unacceptable and completely unDisney. All you need is the date, time, location (and you'll have all this info because it was the WOC Dessert Party, so you'll have the date, time, and if you have the table number or location -- high or low table, first or second row, in front of the bar or on the which side, etc.), how many CMs and a general description of each (male, female, glasses, hair color/length, etc.), and any other details you can remember. Include exactly what happened, how many times you asked the CMs to lower their voices -- so it is clear that they were aware that they were disturbing you and that it wasn't an accident, and what happened as a result. Be clear about how their insensitivity and disruption affected your experience. (Don't be emotional, be clear -- there's a difference.) Don't be surprised if you hear back from somone (by phone or email -- so include all info) about this. Disney can't improve or fix what they don't know about, and they need to know about things like this.

Last edited:
We will be in SoCal 7/19-7/28, Staying at the Grand again. Some ocean and USH visits this time around and 7 nights at the park.

Jack

Checking in! We'll be there July 3rd-7th, staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites on S Manchester Ave. We've been to WDW several times, but this is our first trip to DLR. It feels like it's getting very close now, and we're all (me, DW, DD9 & DD5) super excited!

I'm sorry this happened to you. You don't need to know their names and you can (and should) still file a complaint. (Use the "contact us" link on the DLR website.) This kind of behavior and lack of customer service/consideration is unacceptable and completely unDisney. All you need is the date, time, location (and you'll have all this info because it was the WOC Dessert Party, so you'll have the date, time, and if you have the table number or location -- high or low table, first or second row, in front of the bar or on the which side, etc.), how many CMs and a general description of each (male, female, glasses, hair color/length, etc.), and any other details you can remember. Include exactly what happened, how many times you asked the CMs to lower their voices -- so it is clear that they were aware that they were disturbing you and that it wasn't an accident, and what happened as a result. Be clear about how their insensitivity and disruption affected your experience. (Don't be emotional, be clear -- there's a difference.) Don't be surprised if you hear back from somone (by phone or email -- so include all info) about this. Disney can't improve or fix what they don't know about, and they need to know about things like this.

I sent a message today. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

We've got a mini-family reunion (14 people) July 5 & 6. We're staying at Embassy Suites in Brea because it's closer to my sister who lives out there.

My dining is booked! Goofy's Kitchen on our arrival day and RBT for Fantasmic on our 2nd park day!

Me, my DH and DS9 will be in the parks July 4 & 5. Currently booked to stay at Paradise Pier July 3-6 but hoping to change to Disneyland Hotel if the dollar exchange rate improves so we can get a good price. It will be the 5th time at DL for me and 4th time for DH and DS. And the first time we spend July 4th there... I'm prepared for big crowds but hoping it won't be as bad as some people say.

WE will be there July 11-18 staying at the Grand Californian! Our last trip was in November and we stayed off property for the first time in years so we are soooo excited to be back on property this time!

We broke down and booked another trip. Ha! I said we were going somewhere else this summer, but my family wore me down. Everyone is happy at DL! Dh and I will be at the Tropicana starting 7/27. Dd (16) will join us after her camp in the Catskills starting 7/29 (her first solo flights and cross country!). We head home together on 8/1. We may end up with annual passes as dd has an opportunity to go with some friends on 6/25, but won't know til last minute if her schedule will allow it. She would use her July ticket then and upgrade before leaving....so dh and I would need to upgrade also, of course. Hahahaha! We cannot wait.

Most looking forward to: Pixar Pier, our favorite parade PTN, and the new DL fireworks. Dd is hoping to do the BB F! package. Dh and I are hoping for a nice and cool Carthay Lounge experience.

Me, my DH and DS9 will be in the parks July 4 & 5. Currently booked to stay at Paradise Pier July 3-6 but hoping to change to Disneyland Hotel if the dollar exchange rate improves so we can get a good price. It will be the 5th time at DL for me and 4th time for DH and DS. And the first time we spend July 4th there... I'm prepared for big crowds but hoping it won't be as bad as some people say.
Just make sure to make your restaurant reservations in the park you plan to be in, in advance. It will be busy and you wont want to go out to DTD etc. For dining and get locked out due to max capacity. Ive had the best time during the busiest times at DL. You will be fine. Planning ahead and expecting the crowds is the best you can do. You will have a blast!

Did you ask the CMs to dummy up or call the lead over and complain?

We will be there July 1-6. Staying at DLH. We have afternoon tea on the 1st, but not much else planned.

My husband and I are going for our Honeymoon July 11 - 17th! We’ll be staying at the DLH. Im so ecstatic. This is our first DLR trip. Im a WDW vet, and I’m converting him! I’m a little worried I’ve overwhelmed us with dining reservations, but I wanted to make sure we had a Fantasmic and WOC package to get good viewing (very much hoping WOC will make it up in time). And I had to get Cafe Orleans because I’ve been dreaming of that Monte Cristo for years. But there’s also so many snacks I want to try! So much food to pack in to such a short time. Hopefully this won’t end up being our only trip to DLR.

My husband and I are going for our Honeymoon July 11 - 17th! We’ll be staying at the DLH. Im so ecstatic. This is our first DLR trip.
Make sure you let them know this on your reservation (call them back and have them notate it.) You never know what Disney Magic might happen...

Make sure you let them know this on your reservation (call them back and have them notate it.) You never know what Disney Magic might happen...

Any advice on how to call and tell them this without it sounding like we’re asking for favors? :rotfl:

Lamplight Lounge reservations are now available, in case you want some lobster nachos and cocktails on your trip! I booked a reservation for my July bday trip!

I just booked a reservation for snacks and drinks! We decided to do a stopover in LA to see the fireworks on our way to a wedding on the East Coast, so we will be in Disney July 11th and 12th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!