— July 2018 Check-In

Joining in...just booked a mother/daughters trip for July 19-22 and I can't wait. We used to live in the southeast and have done numerous WDW trips but I haven't been to Disneyland since 1989 and my daughters have never been. We're really excited!

We finalized our plans and will be in the parks July 30-Aug 1. I have some butterflies in my tummy but I know that some careful research and planning will help with that. I'm wondering how we can fit in all the nighttime entertainment in three days.
I'm off to search for threads about Fantasmic!

Just make sure to make your restaurant reservations in the park you plan to be in, in advance. It will be busy and you wont want to go out to DTD etc. For dining and get locked out due to max capacity. Ive had the best time during the busiest times at DL. You will be fine. Planning ahead and expecting the crowds is the best you can do. You will have a blast!
Thank you! And yes, we have made our restaurant reservations so we don't have to leave the parks for dinner.

Tools? Eh that sounds more like Disney WORLD planning. At Disneyland we just wing it day by day. Part of why we love Disneyland is because you don’t actually NEED things like touring plans to enjoy your day.
I completely agree with this. Not much planning necessary at DL.

I just purchased my Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, Can't Wait! The only disappointment is that we will not be able to tour the Dream Suite :( However I am excited to see Walt's apartment! 30 more days!!!

Got a World of Color dining package for Monday night, but hopefully am getting a lunch one tomorrow and dropping the dinner.

Are there ANY WoC packages where you can sit & watch?

I wanted to make sure we had a Fantasmic and WOC package to get good viewing (very much hoping WOC will make it up in time).

Just booked dinner...still hoping that WoC will be back in action for us.

I gave up waiting and changed our WOC lunch package to a PtN one instead.

I just called (714)781-DINE, and they said that there are currently no WOC dining or dessert party packages, and the CM implied that they will likely not have any going forward. She said some folks were initially able to make WOC dining reservations, but supposedly all those people have now been informed that the reservations aren't valid. She also implied that WOC might not come back on a permanent basis. Don't know how reliable all this is.

I just called (714)781-DINE, and they said that there are currently no WOC dining or dessert party packages, and the CM implied that they will likely not have any going forward. She said some folks were initially able to make WOC dining reservations, but supposedly all those people have now been informed that the reservations aren't valid. She also implied that WOC might not come back on a permanent basis. Don't know how reliable all this is.
I saw on a Facebook group I'm in that people were refunded for their dessert parties they said the CM said WOC wasn't returning until after July.

We have a reservation on June 30th and have not been notified of a cancellation yet. It is frustrating that if they are going to cancel, please do it. I want those funds allocated elsewhere. I'm not canceling it myself though because I am holding out hope... just maybe we will get lucky!

I still have my reservation for WOC Dessert Party (mine is on 6/29). I have not received a call, yet, and my reservation still appears under "My Plans" on the app. I've booked an alternative entertainment, but I'm waiting for Disney to cancel the DP.

I saw on a Facebook group I'm in that people were refunded for their dessert parties they said the CM said WOC wasn't returning until after July.
Very interesting.
Last summer we did the dessert party for WOC and really enjoyed it. This year we are doing the Fantasmic dining at RBT instead.

Very interesting.
Last summer we did the dessert party for WOC and really enjoyed it. This year we are doing the Fantasmic dining at RBT instead.
We did it last summer as well. And the RBT Fantasmic dining package as it was the first day of F! And our last day of our trip and weren't taking any chances getting a fp..lol this year were just doing the tour for our summer trip.

Hi! We will be in California July 15-20th. What days(2) do you all recommend we go to the parks? I’m nervous the weekdays will be super busy and considering changing our dates to be there on the weekend.

My husband and I fly down early on July 2nd and fly back home the night of the 4th (missing fireworks but taking advantage of cheap flight time since no one else wants to miss fireworks). We are staying at the Hyatt Regency for the first time. We have reservations at Carthay Circle (our fave Disney restaurant), as well as lunch one day & dinner the next at Lamplight Lounge to try all the new Pixar food and drinks that we are interested in. The tiniest bit bummed that WOC won’t be coming back on time but not gonna let it negatively impact our trip or how much we are looking forward to it all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter