‘Dancing with the Stars’ Leaving ABC After 16 Years, Will Stream Exclusively on Disney+

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
https://insidethemagic.net/2022/04/dancing-with-the-stars-disney-plus-th1/

In a stunning move from The Walt Disney Company, it has been revealed that the long-standing reality show, Dancing with the Stars will move from its 16-year-long and 30 season home of ABC to Disney’s popular streaming service, Disney+.

The Dancing with the Stars television show has been entertaining viewers on ABC since its inception in 2005 and its debut on Disney+ comes with a two-season pickup as well as marking the platform’s first-ever live, and unscripted, reality TV show.

The press release reads:

Burbank, Calif. (April 8, 2022) After an impressive 30 seasons on ABC, “Dancing with the Stars” is moving to a new home on Disney+. The hit series received a two-season pickup and will premiere exclusively in the U.S. and Canada this Fall, making “Dancing with the Stars” the first live series to debut on the streaming service.

“’Dancing with the Stars’ has entertained fans for 16 years on ABC, and we are excited to bring this beloved show exclusively to Disney+ as the platform’s first-ever live series,” said Kareem Daniel, chairman, Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution. “The show’s broad appeal, as well as the overwhelming popularity of its Disney-themed competition nights, make Disney+ the perfect home for ‘Dancing with the Stars’ while continuing to expand our demographic reach.”

I wonder if this is to stave off some of the cancellations from their PR blunders recently. I can't recall if this is a new position for this person. It might just be a shakeup in their overall programming strategy. Interesting move no matter the impetus.

To me why Disney+ wants to be the new home of Dancing With The Stars is seeing how successful reality shows can be makes Disney+ more successful. As we saw with the first ever Disney+ reality show Foodtastic Disney knows how to make fans happy. I have never figured out why Dancing With The Stars continues to exist and become a hit but my mom and I saw it once and we thought it was very unappealing but what I think will happen is that Disney+ is gonna add some ABC shows to Disney+ and the ABC app will go bankrupt and they will start with adding the game shows first like Celebrity Family Feud Press Your Luck Celebrity Wheel Of Fortune Supermarket Sweep and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire reruns. Then they will add the ABC sitcoms next. But I think for Dancing With The Stars on Disney+ it will fail greatly

Tyra single handedly ruined the show. And when they scrape the bottom of the barrel for "celebrities" (the college cheater!!!) I was done watching. Maybe this will put the nail in the coffin.

Tyra single handedly ruined the show. And when they scrape the bottom of the barrel for "celebrities" (the college cheater!!!) I was done watching. Maybe this will put the nail in the coffin.
....one can only hope. popcorn::

Exactly. Tyra made the show about herself. She's a horrible host.

It's like expecting Gaston to be a great host.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter