‘Ohana or ???

maswanson11

Mouseketeer
I have never been able to eat at ‘Ohana on my previous 3 trips, due to never being able to get an ADR. I’ve always wanted to try it because it seems like somewhere everyone has eaten and I’d like to experience it once. This time I have a dinner ADR for one of our MK days.

Trouble is I have 3 DDs that are Disney adults but are fairly picky. I KNOW they will not eat $60+ worth of food, I have accepted that. I’m concerned with all the negative reviews of ‘Ohana lately.

My question is if I am willing to spend $300+ for my family if 5 to eat dinner, should I spend it on ‘Ohana or somewhere else? Or two other meals for that matter?

We are paying OOP. We are also already planning to eat (TS) at; 1900 Park Fare, Sanaa, 50’s Prime Time, Skipper Canteen, Be Our Guest (lunch), Topolino’s Terrace (breakfast), Beaches & Cream.

Thanks for any advice!

I like your list otherwise, so I think if you got the Ohana reservation you should take it. We really liked MOST of our meal, just thought the beef was chewy. The proteins are fairly approachable for picky eaters.

I have never been able to eat at ‘Ohana on my previous 3 trips, due to never being able to get an ADR. I’ve always wanted to try it because it seems like somewhere everyone has eaten and I’d like to experience it once. This time I have a dinner ADR for one of our MK days.

Trouble is I have 3 DDs that are Disney adults but are fairly picky. I KNOW they will not eat $60+ worth of food, I have accepted that. I’m concerned with all the negative reviews of ‘Ohana lately.

My question is if I am willing to spend $300+ for my family if 5 to eat dinner, should I spend it on ‘Ohana or somewhere else? Or two other meals for that matter?

We are paying OOP. We are also already planning to eat (TS) at; 1900 Park Fare, Sanaa, 50’s Prime Time, Skipper Canteen, Be Our Guest (lunch), Topolino’s Terrace (breakfast), Beaches & Cream.

Thanks for any advice!
Keep trying. I just planned a trip for March 4th to 9th and got an Ohana adr today. I'd you are ok with paying I'd go, if nothing else to just say you've done it and you either love it or hate it. The noodles are delicious and so is the bread pudding.

We enjoy Ohana. Hard to say whether it’s worth the cost, if you’re okay with paying that much for kids (or anyone) who won’t eat much, I would keep it.

I think I would personally have a hard time doing any of the buffet/AYCTE meals with a Disney adult who didn’t eat much, for what it’s worth.

We have always enjoyed our meals at 'Ohana. It's the one meal my husband and daugther always ask for on every trip.

I can't say we get the love for the noodles and salad, as we think they are decent but not amazing. The meat has always been really good--just remember if the first serving is dry/chewy/not cooked to your liking, you can always ask for more from another skewer. It's grilled over an open flame, so some skewers do get a bit more done than others. Dessert is delicious.

If your kids eat chicken, steak or shrimp, they will probably love it. And I know my DD LOVES the potstickers--they will bring extra of whatever they like, so don't hesitate to ask!

Our last meal at 'Ohana was, well, our last. The service was terrible (our server was severely overworked and was doing about three jobs at once), food was greasy and they didn't do any of the games the entire time we were there. I cringed when I got the check. The next night, we went to Artist Point (prior to the Storybook dining experience change), had an amazing, signature meal and spent about the same as we spent at 'Ohana. Lesson learned - don't do 'Ohana, pick a good signature instead. Better food, better service, better atmosphere. I would either switch to a signature or pick two other, better casual TS.

Thanks for any advice!
It’s not worth it. Would pick sanaa 10 times outta 10 over ohana. Much better value to eat at the wave AND gf cafe over ohana

We love Ohana!! I say if you are willing to pay then do it.. at least you will know! You've been trying for 3 years.. why back out now??? Its worth the price for the dessert alone!!!!

We have been regular Disney visitors for over 20 years and Ohana is off our list. It isn't worth it- when you read the reviews, people seem to like the salad, noodles, and dessert, but say "meh" or "ick" about the meats. Do you really want to spend this kind of money for a meal where you will be seated well past your ADR time, RUSHED in and out (which, to me, is the worst part), where the quality of the meat is low (repeatedly described as chewy, over-cooked, dry, salty), and the service is poor (because they never seem to have adequate wait staff)? Once upon a time, in a land far away, Ohana was a fun place to eat, with well-prepared meats served on large, sword-like skewers. The service was attentive, the meats properly cooked, the service well-paced. NOT ANYMORE. That is a ton of money to pay just to say "we did it."

Our last meal at 'Ohana was, well, our last. The service was terrible (our server was severely overworked and was doing about three jobs at once), food was greasy and they didn't do any of the games the entire time we were there. I cringed when I got the check. The next night, we went to Artist Point (prior to the Storybook dining experience change), had an amazing, signature meal and spent about the same as we spent at 'Ohana. Lesson learned - don't do 'Ohana, pick a good signature instead. Better food, better service, better atmosphere. I would either switch to a signature or pick two other, better casual TS.
Just clarifying, but Artist Point is not a signature restaurant.

Thank you all for the responses! I’m still on the fence, I’ll have to see what other ADR I can get for that same night.

Honestly in your case there's no way i'd go to ohana. Its VERY expensive for subpar food. Your kids are picky eaters and wont eat $60 worth as you said. There are better ways to spend $300...thats a lot of money! I personally did not think the food was very good. Poor quality: slimy wings, dried out meat, potstickers bland and dry, noodles were meh. Not worth it. I'd find some place else to eat.

My wife and I are pretty picky eaters but the food at 'Ohana isn't really adventurous. We like everything they serve but our issue is the price. Obviously very little at Disney isn't overpriced but we have a real hard time justifying the prices for buffets/"all you care to enjoy" places. We just don't eat enough food to make the price per person worth it.

I would skip Ohana. It's just very inconsistent with everything- food and service. There are many other restaurants that are much better at that price point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter