‘Tis the Season - Christmas Leftover Recipes

ronandannette

I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!
OMG this is the bomb if you had turkey yesterday! Consider doubling it because this stuff goes!

Queso Verde

2 c finely chopped cooked turkey
1 c finely chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 large minced jalapeño
1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 16oz jar salsa verde
1 8oz block cream cheese
2 c shredded pepper jack cheese
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Soften onion and garlic in a sauté pan with a little oil. Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan and heat through to bubbling, stirring until thuroughly combined. If you’re a crock pot person you could also just dump it all in on “high” for an hour and a half, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips and assorted dippers. YUM!

I made eggplant parmesan to bring to my sister yesterday, I made an extra tray to leave home for us to have. All I need to do is get my lazy self up and go get a fresh loaf of Italian bread and I will have a house of happy campers tonight!

I have left over rib roast, and left over ham.
I'll make a potato ham chowder and have a green salad topped with sliced beef for dinner one night this week.
Probably make Philly cheese steak sandwiches and sweet potato fries on another night. The weather kept our guest from coming so I didn't bother cooking the sweet potatoes I bought.

OP, your recipe sounds good. I don't cook Turkey except for Thanksgiving and I'm always looking for new leftover recipes to try.

Thanks! I don't have any leftovers except the pasta dishes from Buca, BUT I am cooking a turkey tomorrow, and will have plenty leftover from that!

Soooo much leftover Ham - have learned to not let the hubby do the grocery shopping next year. All of my go to ham leftover recipes involve eggs so I'm gonna need to find something new this year.

I have half a turkey and 3/4’s of a ham. I also have lots of sides. I haven’t done anything with any of it because I slept all day. I will deal with it tomorrow.

Lots of olives left from a charceturie plate. Threw them in the freezer for adding to salads/pizza later.

Dh made noodles and our boys finished off the Swedish meatballs. Still have an Asian salad and some cheeses and prosciutto and an assortment of odds and ends to finish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter