Anyone getting insane amounts of pop ups?

This was happening a while ago on my iPad/iPhone, but stopped. Now it’s doing it again, totally locking up Chrome and not allowing me to open another tab or to close that one. It’s terrible!

They don't care about these horrible adds poping up on the site. They will blame Google. Lots of folks having the same issues not once has a mod said anything useful. Use a addblocker and when they start losing money maybe they will look into it.

I have pop ups blocked, and this is the ONLY site that does this. I personally own two sites (not at all Disney related) and we have fixed it on our forums.

@WebmasterKathy- it can be fixed. And it is NOT the user. It’s a site issue.

I will use DuckDuckGo to browse the site as a result, but it’s the only site that I do that for so it’s definitely not convenient.

I have pop ups blocked, and this is the ONLY site that does this. I personally own two sites (not at all Disney related) and we have fixed it on our forums.

@WebmasterKathy- it can be fixed. And it is NOT the user. It’s a site issue.

I will use DuckDuckGo to browse the site as a result, but it’s the only site that I do that for so it’s definitely not convenient.
Of course it's a site issue. Even people with rudimentary IT knowledge know that. They can't be bothered to fix it.

New Samsung Galaxy S10, just got it on Friday.

First time on Disboards getting constantly redirected.

This site is totally unusable on a phone. Good thing it's free, I guess.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191202-140627_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191202-140627_Chrome.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 5
New Samsung Galaxy S10, just got it on Friday.

First time on Disboards getting constantly redirected.

This site is totally unusable on a phone. Good thing it's free, I guess.
Enjoy your new phone, FD, on sites other than here.

That's a frequent popup I get, plus a Walmart one and a spinning pinwheel one. It is amazing. There must be big ad revenue in letting those remain here, and only here, no other sites.

This was happening a while ago on my iPad/iPhone, but stopped. Now it’s doing it again, totally locking up Chrome and not allowing me to open another tab or to close that one. It’s terrible!
Add your vote here. Fully, over 250 posters indicate they get the popups on their phones/tablets and only on this site.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-spam-congratulations-you-won-popups.3750988/
There are numerous threads here on this forum as well as others. It has gone on for a LONG time. As said, best to get use to it.

Add your vote here. Fully, over 250 posters indicate they get the popups on their phones/tablets and only on this site.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-spam-congratulations-you-won-popups.3750988/
There are numerous threads here on this forum as well as others. It has gone on for a LONG time. As said, best to get use to it.

That’s too bad- I’m not likely to get used to it, though. I enjoy the forums, and participate in it, but I’m not that committed to it. My own forums are free to use, and we fixed that issue, and it cost almost nothing to do. I use the forums (two trips in the next 40 days) only sporadically, and I can easily walk away.

I don’t mind ads or pop ups, but this one locks up my browser and that is something I can’t just tolerate.

this one locks up my browser and that is something I can’t just tolerate.
Yes. Locks it up. Then have to go into the browser settings, delete the offending history, force a stop and clear the cache. Then try to start over, Sometimes have to resort to a fresh reboot.

They don't care about these horrible adds poping up on the site. They will blame Google. Lots of folks having the same issues not once has a mod said anything useful. Use a addblocker and when they start losing money maybe they will look into it.
Not once? Some of us are getting hit by these pop ups just as hard as others who are complaining here. Makes it pretty hard to moderate threads when you can't even read them or post anything! I've seen a few mods post complaints (some repeatedly) in the threads on multiple boards about these pop ups and post whatever fixes worked or didn't work for them. That seems to amount to more than "not once" to me. We're not the owners of the site, but we offer what help we can.

Last edited:
Not once? Some of us are getting hit by these pop ups just as hard as others who are complaining here. Makes it pretty hard to moderate threads when you can't even read them or post anything! I've seen a few mods post complaints (some repeatedly) in the threads on multiple boards about these pop ups and post whatever fixes worked or didn't work for them. That seems to amount to more than "not once" to me. We're not the owners of the site, but we offer what help we can.
I think the poster may have been referring to those several people who actually do the work behind the scenes and can actually make tech corrections. I know, tlr, that you and a few others, including MJ as a webmaster type person, have expressed concerns for ages over the difficulty of using these forums here with the frequency of popup scam. And only on this site.

I think the poster may have been referring to those several people who actually do the work behind the scenes and can actually make tech corrections. I know, tlr, that you and a few others, including MJ as a webmaster type person, have expressed concerns for ages over the difficulty of using these forums here with the frequency of popup scam. And only on this site.
I agree with you, but think that posters need to be careful about lashing out generally when their complaint is specifically aimed at a certain few.

I agree with you, but think that posters need to be careful about lashing out generally when their complaint is specifically aimed at a certain few.
I think some view moderators and administrators interchangeably. It's not correct but when you're frustrated and can't get a solution to your problem at Target you really don't care that the employee unable to help works in electronics instead of sporting goods. :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!