“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

I like how you have everything planned out for a very full day at MK. You may as well get as much as you can from that ticket!

1900 Park Fare sounds like a good brunch for the wedding day. Little Miss always has such great character interactions, you know she'll love it.

Florida weather can be so iffy. One trip we went on in the spring showed cool temps, 50's to low 70's in the forecast. Of course it turned out to be in the 80's and 90's every day. Needless to say, I ended up doing laundry that trip because I only packed a couple pairs of shorts per person.

Men's clothes can be so expensive! I find far better deals for myself than my husband.

Jumping on! I'm on pg 24 thus far. Enjoying the report though I'll admit I'm really only reading the updates and skipping the comments to get through faster. I commented on your ptr. I'll be back at WDW this June (15th trip) but it will be the first for my 2 yr old and 2nd for my 4.5 yr old - granted he was 9.5months at the time so this really pretty much is his 1st "real" trip. Us 3 are traveling with my mom and dad. DH has to work.

Anyway, I'm guessing you guys live in GA? We are in NE metro Atlanta. We plan to drive down to lake city, fl on Friday 6/3 so the boys sleep, then do the rest of the way Sat AM. We are at SSR in a 1 bedroom. We plan to drive our car pretty much to all parks except MK rope drop. (Just read about your first full park day transportation problems). As far as stroller, we brought our big jogging stroller last time, but I'm renting a double this time.

Ok, well after telling you more than you ever wanted to know, I'll go back to page 24! :)

I was going to try to get an update done this morning however I was just given the news that the appraiser slacked off and sent in the documents incorrectly this morning and we now have to move our close date to the 16th. (Though even that could change) This means that the best I can hope for at this point is at best the moving truck coming 7 days before Christmas. I can see my hopes and dreams at being settled in my house and getting to do my christmas traditions going out in smoke. Not a chance in hell I can get settled and get a tree up and bake my favorite christmas cookies in time. I'm not even sure I get a tree this year with this time frame. :sad::furious::sad:

1eba352e39131d605e9e361c945edc27.jpg
When we bought our house in 2010, we closed on Dec 23 and we moved on Dec 26th! We minimally decorated the apartment but did have a tree up at least.

Wedding day plans sound good.

Hope the weather works out well for you. I guess, at least if it's going to be warmer, the cloud cover might help it not feel so hot? :confused3

I agree - it's a pain to find nice, reasonably priced pants for Dug too.

The One where the Trip Report Title is Explained. (5/14/15 Part 2)

We left off last with us waiting to get into our ADR. When I was planning Little Miss ended up seeing a picture of Be Our Guest and asked if we could go there. Lucky for her this also happened to be the day that Lunch ADRs opened and the system had been acting up and not working most of the day. The only time I could nail down that wouldn’t seriously conflict with our schedule was a 10:30 slot on this particular day. Since the original plan had us rope dropping I figured it would at the least be a good spot for a quick break and snack. Since we ended up choosing to arrive so late we just decided to skip breakfast and make it our “Brunch”. DH didn’t want to pre order (though I now kinda wish we had because it took longer to get through the line.)

20150514_103249_zpsrav2crng.jpg

20150514_103518_zpsspzfjk87.jpg

20150514_103635_zpsoqqifowo.jpg

After a small wait in line outside of the building we were sent inside to wait in the hall with the suits of Armor. Once we finally had our orders placed we went out to find seats, (we chose the ballroom naturally.)

20150514_103850_zps94gdovcu.jpg

20150514_104613_zpsnycbqnnf.jpg

20150514_105547_zpspnkqh4ws.jpg

20150514_105552_zpsnkg4zps6.jpg

Soon our food arrived.

20150514_105845_zpsdwuph8t9.jpg

20150514_105852_zpsovcdccbd.jpg

20150514_105856_zpsspvmfcvz.jpg

20150514_105902_zpsl0dmzupv.jpg

It was as our food was about to arrive that I realized that we forgot to order our cupcakes. This must happen somewhat frequently because as I was telling DH about this a CM was arriving with our food and let us know that we wouldn’t have a problem and to just go back to the room where we ordered our food and let them know we want to order cupcakes and there won’t be a problem.

So after our rather tasty meal we sent DH back up to acquire our cupcakes to share.

20150514_112602_zpspjrh62cp.jpg

20150514_112639_zps3svoez5s.jpg

They were all very yummy! After we were done we took some time to explore around a little.

20150514_113830_zpszjf13xkx.jpg

20150514_114024_zps68eyq5gc.jpg

20150514_114152_zpssiyrl0pj.jpg

20150514_114337_zps1umuie9j.jpg

20150514_115103_zpsvndisbgz.jpg

20150514_115104_zpscoas9ksf.jpg

As we were walking towards the bathroom the Beauty and the Beast Main theme came on and Little Miss asked DH to dance with her. I was so absorbed in the cuteness of the moment that I wasn’t able to get video in time. However it was cute enough that even a few CMs stopped to let out an Aww.

I took Little Miss for a potty break and it was in the stall that one of my absolute FAVORITE moments of the trip happened. We had just finished lunch in Beasts Castle and Little Miss just looked up at me from the potty with the sweetest look of gratitude on her face and said, “Dreams come true Momma, Dreams Come True!”

It was such a sweet and honest moment that I was very teary when we walked out and I had to immediately explain the whole thing to DH. That moment made EVERY bit of work and planning for the trip worth it. It was just a moment of utter elation and dreams fulfilled and I couldn’t have topped it if I tried.

***Bonus Time!***

Where are we off to next? {Hint: We tried to do this the day before…}
Ok, so which cupcake was best?? Also, I think I better bring a whole box of Kleenex bc I tear up just thinking about walking onto Main Street with my boys! Definitely need waterproof mascara!

Finished this afternoon!! Just now posting because we had our (just turned) 2 yr old's bday celebration tonight. Loved the report! Actually you have inspired me to do one for our trip. We'll get back in June and being a teacher, I'm off til August, so hopefully I can get quite a bit of it written before then and it will help with the after Disney depression, somewhat anyway! May try a small PTR since we are less than 3 months out, if I can find the time (will help put everything in one place) but it may get difficult with my lack of free time (full time teacher, 2 boys under 5, and a DH that works 7 days a week). But I'm going to try. And thanks for the inspiration!

There were other things I was going to comment on but I can't remember exactly what they were now. I'll come back and ask if I remember. But just know, I enjoyed it. Was a great one for me to (re)start with!

I like how you have everything planned out for a very full day at MK. You may as well get as much as you can from that ticket!
::yes:: Thats the main reason we are thinking to skip the afternoon break. We will see how much we get accomplished.

1900 Park Fare sounds like a good brunch for the wedding day. Little Miss always has such great character interactions, you know she'll love it.
I am looking forward to seeing her excited to go there.

Florida weather can be so iffy. One trip we went on in the spring showed cool temps, 50's to low 70's in the forecast. Of course it turned out to be in the 80's and 90's every day. Needless to say, I ended up doing laundry that trip because I only packed a couple pairs of shorts per person.
no kidding! I'm packing for both contingencies.

Men's clothes can be so expensive! I find far better deals for myself than my husband.
::yes:: Ugh at least I have now found a pair!

Jumping on! I'm on pg 24 thus far. Enjoying the report though I'll admit I'm really only reading the updates and skipping the comments to get through faster. I commented on your ptr. I'll be back at WDW this June (15th trip) but it will be the first for my 2 yr old and 2nd for my 4.5 yr old - granted he was 9.5months at the time so this really pretty much is his 1st "real" trip. Us 3 are traveling with my mom and dad. DH has to work.
:welcome:

When we bought our house in 2010, we closed on Dec 23 and we moved on Dec 26th! We minimally decorated the apartment but did have a tree up at least.
Ugh I'm telling you, if I have to move ever again it will be too soon! :rotfl:

Wedding day plans sound good.
:thumbsup2

Hope the weather works out well for you. I guess, at least if it's going to be warmer, the cloud cover might help it not feel so hot?
We'll see. The weather keeps changing for a few of the days.

I agree - it's a pain to find nice, reasonably priced pants for Dug too.
At least I think I found a pair.

Ok, so which cupcake was best??
:scratchin I've always preferred the Chocolate and the Strawberry.

Also, I think I better bring a whole box of Kleenex bc I tear up just thinking about walking onto Main Street with my boys! Definitely need waterproof mascara!
:rotfl: Prepare yourself now! :rotfl:

Finished this afternoon!!

Just now posting because we had our (just turned) 2 yr old's bday celebration tonight.
:bday: to the 2yr old!

Loved the report! Actually you have inspired me to do one for our trip.
:thanks: GLad to have inspired you. You'll be glad you did it. Having the trip report written down and printed is a special lasting memory. TR also help you to reflect on how you can do better for future trips.

We'll get back in June and being a teacher, I'm off til August, so hopefully I can get quite a bit of it written before then and it will help with the after Disney depression, somewhat anyway! May try a small PTR since we are less than 3 months out, if I can find the time (will help put everything in one place) but it may get difficult with my lack of free time (full time teacher, 2 boys under 5, and a DH that works 7 days a week). But I'm going to try. And thanks for the inspiration!
I got my TR written up pretty fast after we got back so the memories of everything could still be super fresh. I then would edit and tweak as I posted the updates.

There were other things I was going to comment on but I can't remember exactly what they were now.
:rotfl2: I know how that goes! :thumbsup2

But just know, I enjoyed it. Was a great one for me to (re)start with!
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Keep an eye out for the link for the new TR when we get back in a few weeks!

So I have the suitcases out and am starting to pack. My current goal is to get all three of us into 2 suitcases. I would try for one but DH and I have big feet and our dress shoes take up more room than you would think in a suitcase and I will actually need 2 pair. Our shoes will probably take up half a suitcase by themselves.

Surprise Status: I am starting to worry Little Miss might know. I have slipped a few times in front of her and referred to us going to Disney world in front of her. However DH and I have always been quick to cover ourselves by correcting me.
This weekend when I started packing the clothes Little Miss asked why we hadn't packed her Cinderella Dress. (SHe actually asked if she could go get it to pack!:scared1: I'm surprised she hasn't noticed it missing. I pulled her 4 favorite princess dresses and have them hanging in a closet she can't get to so that I can smuggle them into the suitcases when she isn't looking) I used the opportunity to try shoot down any idea she may have that we are actually going to Disney by asking her why we would bring Princess dresses with us. I went on to explain that since we only bring Princess dresses with us when we go to Disney and we aren't going to disney this trip just orlando those princess dresses won't be necessary. :rotfl2: I'm a terrible mother. I've already told DH that we can't pull this off again. It's too hard. :rotfl: Then there is also the acquaintance that I keep running into at the library that for the last 3 weeks LOUDLY asks if we've been down to disney yet and where we are staying and such! :eek::faint: some people need to come equipped with a mute button. :rolleyes2 Thankfully I just use the opportunity to drill home to Little MIss and explain that we are "Unfortunately" not going to disney this trip just Orlando. And thankfully the woman always catches on and will generally say something like "Oh that's right." I guess we'll see soon how well this surprise has been kept.

Plans for 3/20:

As you may recall this was originally going to be departure day. That is until about a month ago when I got an invitation to a post wedding Sunday Brunch that we felt we needed to go to. Seeing as we will have had 2 very late nights in a row it is probably best that we are also not trying to push ourselves out of the room for check out on time this morning.

I will get Little Miss to sleep as late as I can. The brunch isn’t until 1pm this day and so this should allow plenty of time to let DH and Little Miss sleep in. Google maps says the trip should take about 30 minutes so I’m thinking we’ll plan on leaving the hotel room around 12:15.

I am guessing that the brunch will run till about 3ish (Or rather that may just be the point where we have to get little miss out of there for a nap) After the Brunch we will go back to the room for a bit of Nap Time. If it’s warm enough maybe some swimming. Right now the forecast for this day keeps fluctuating. As of this morning its saying this day will be partly sunny with a high of 80 and a low of 59.

Thanks to @pkondz joke about Friday’s plans I’ve since hatched an idea for a fun evening if rain doesn’t ruin the plans. I’m leaning towards doing some Mini Golf and then grabbing dinner around the Epcot Resort Loop and then enjoying some fireworks from both Illuminations and the Star Wars Fireworks. Unfortunately the vouchers for Mini golf that come with the package aren’t useable after 4pm. We may try to use them anyways. If they won’t work the tickets to get in aren’t bad at all and we may just go anyways.

If it’s raining, or we just don’t feel up for that kind of outing we will do one of 4 things:

1. Push on anyways and do Dinner and Fireworks along the boardwalk.

2. Hang Back at Pop and just have a super low key Evening (Don’t see this happening)

3. Explore AOA and have dinner over there.

4. Push on to DTD and do dinner over there.

At some point this day we will have to be sure to pack up our stuff to leave.

I have to say, while I am still bummed we couldn’t get more park time I am starting to look more and more forward to doing the non-park stuff. Even without a ton of park time we will still be experiencing lots of new things for us. I am getting excited to see what this trip teaches us for future trips.

On a bit of a side note... Does anyone know if they will let you park at the Boardwalk if you are just planning on eating at the bakery?

Last edited:
So I have the suitcases out and am starting to pack.

Woot!

My current goal is to get all three of us into 2 suitcases.

Don't do it!
While I know that airfare is expensive, packing yourselves into suitcases is not the way to go.
I don't think those cargo holds are heated.

Our shoes will probably take up half a suitcase by themselves.

:eek:

This weekend when I started packing the clothes Little Miss asked why we hadn't packed her Cinderella Dress.

Uh, oh...

I'm a terrible mother.

:laughing:

I've already told DH that we can't pull this off again. It's too hard. :rotfl:

:lmao: They get too smart too fast.

Then there is also the acquaintance that I keep running into at the library that for the last 3 weeks LOUDLY asks if we've been down to disney yet and where we are staying and such! :eek::faint:

Shut up!!! And then smile, nicely.

some people need to come equipped with a mute button.

Love that idea. I know a few people I'd love to see get one.

I’m leaning towards doing some Mini Golf and then grabbing dinner around the Epcot Resort Loop and then enjoying some fireworks from both Illuminations and the Star Wars Fireworks.

sounds like a pretty fun evening.

Unfortunately the vouchers for Mini golf that come with the package aren’t useable after 4pm.

Those vouchers are starting to sound more and more sucky.
First the extremely cheap arcade credits and now this.

2. Hang Back at Pop and just have a super low key Evening (Don’t see this happening)

Uh, huh. Sure.
There's no way that's going to happen.

Even without a ton of park time we will still be experiencing lots of new things for us.

::yes:: I'm always at a park "I paid for this! I'm going to be in a park!"
So don't do any of the other fun stuff.
I'm a bit envious of your non-park time.

On a bit of a side note... Does anyone know if they will let you park at the Boardwalk if you are just planning on eating at the bakery?

Not positive. But I'm pretty sure if you go to a resort and say you're dining there it's not a problem.

Always exciting to start the packing process.

Don't do it!
While I know that airfare is expensive, packing yourselves into suitcases is not the way to go.
I don't think those cargo holds are heated.
:rolleyes2:rotfl2: We're driving down remember.

Size 11 high heels take up a large chunk of space and DH's size 13 dress shoes aren't much better. ::yes::

Uh, oh...
Yeah we'll see how things go. I hope we've covered the tracks enough.

:lmao: They get too smart too fast.
That they do! Who knew keeping this from a 3 year old would be so hard?!?!? :rotfl2:

Shut up!!! And then smile, nicely.
::yes::

Love that idea. I know a few people I'd love to see get one.
:rotfl: Don't we all?

sounds like a pretty fun evening.
I'm actually surprised at how excited I am about it.

Those vouchers are starting to sound more and more sucky.
First the extremely cheap arcade credits and now this.
Yeah I took a second glance through the voucher book when you mentioned that. There are no arcade vouchers. Or Disney quest. Or Spa discount like last year. The "extras" that are included aren't fabulous and there isn't a ton of them.

Uh, huh. Sure.
There's no way that's going to happen.
Its not impossible but the menu for AOA is more appealing to me than POP's is.

::yes:: I'm always at a park "I paid for this! I'm going to be in a park!"
So don't do any of the other fun stuff.
I'm a bit envious of your non-park time.
We tend to be somewhat the same. If we want rest days built in to our schedule we won't buy park tickets for that day.

Not positive. But I'm pretty sure if you go to a resort and say you're dining there it's not a problem.

:rolleyes2:rotfl2: We're driving down remember.

That's crazy! Why pack yourself in a suitcase if you're driving!

:rolleyes2

Size 11 high heels take up a large chunk of space and DH's size 13 dress shoes aren't much better. ::yes::

Holy crap!

That they do! Who knew keeping this from a 3 year old would be so hard?!?!? :rotfl2:

:lmao:

Yeah I took a second glance through the voucher book when you mentioned that. There are no arcade vouchers. Or Disney quest. Or Spa discount like last year. The "extras" that are included aren't fabulous and there isn't a ton of them.

Stay with Disney, and at no cost to you, we'll throw in this genuine wooden pencil that you can use to jot down notes! Please leave the pencil behind for the next guest when you leave. Thank you.

So I have the suitcases out and am starting to pack. My current goal is to get all three of us into 2 suitcases. I would try for one but DH and I have big feet and our dress shoes take up more room than you would think in a suitcase and I will actually need 2 pair. Our shoes will probably take up half a suitcase by themselves.
I wear size 13. If I need to pack extras, I either throw them on the floor of the truck or just pack a small duffel bag for just shoes. If I put shoes in my suitcase, it is pretty much full.

I am starting to worry Little Miss might know.
Uh oh... I hope it still works out.

As you may recall this was originally going to be departure day. That is until about a month ago when I got an invitation to a post wedding Sunday Brunch that we felt we needed to go to. Seeing as we will have had 2 very late nights in a row it is probably best that we are also not trying to push ourselves out of the room for check out on time this morning.
I like this plan. It will make it nice to be able to sleep in, enjoy a very late brunch and not be in a big rush.

If it’s raining, or we just don’t feel up for that kind of outing we will do one of 4 things:

1. Push on anyways and do Dinner and Fireworks along the boardwalk.

3. Explore AOA and have dinner over there.

4. Push on to DTD and do dinner over there.
They all seem reasonable. Although dinner and fireworks sounds the best to me!

I have to say, while I am still bummed we couldn’t get more park time I am starting to look more and more forward to doing the non-park stuff. Even without a ton of park time we will still be experiencing lots of new things for us. I am getting excited to see what this trip teaches us for future trips.
I kind of felt that way with my day there before I went to any parks. It is nice to have those days without a ticket to make you slow down and enjoy some of the things you might not get to do when you're rushing around the parks.

They do allow this at most resorts, but they've been cracking down on it at MK area resorts and Boardwalk. They might let you, or they might not. When we were there in January, they had signs prominently posted at GF stating that parking was reserved for resort guests and guests with a confirmed ADR only. We had an ADR, so had no problems, but I don't know how strictly they'd enforce it if we didn't.

Long story short, you might be able to park there, but be prepared to not be able to park there. One option would always be to park at DHS, boat to boardwalk for dinner, boat back to DHS and get a pretty good view of the Star Wars fireworks from outside the park.

Holy crap!
Tall people=big shoes ::yes::

Stay with Disney, and at no cost to you, we'll throw in this genuine wooden pencil that you can use to jot down notes! Please leave the pencil behind for the next guest when you leave. Thank you.
:rotfl:

I wear size 13. If I need to pack extras, I either throw them on the floor of the truck or just pack a small duffel bag for just shoes. If I put shoes in my suitcase, it is pretty much full.
Yeah I've got our 2 largest suitcases out. Our Medium size suitcase is half full with shoes already and it only has my 2 pair of dress shoes and Little Miss's extra shoes. It doesn't yet have DH's shoes or anyones sneakers. I have (probably a false hope) that DH can share the extra space in both suitcases (the largest has Little MIss's and my clothes in it) and we can avoid an extra suitcase. Less hassle to get in and out of the car. We'll see if that happens.

I like this plan. It will make it nice to be able to sleep in, enjoy a very late brunch and not be in a big rush.
::yes::

They all seem reasonable. Although dinner and fireworks sounds the best to me!
:wizard:

I kind of felt that way with my day there before I went to any parks. It is nice to have those days without a ticket to make you slow down and enjoy some of the things you might not get to do when you're rushing around the parks.
Exactly! :thumbsup2

They do allow this at most resorts, but they've been cracking down on it at MK area resorts and Boardwalk. They might let you, or they might not. When we were there in January, they had signs prominently posted at GF stating that parking was reserved for resort guests and guests with a confirmed ADR only. We had an ADR, so had no problems, but I don't know how strictly they'd enforce it if we didn't.
:scratchin I kind of remember hearing about that. I guess I'll ask someone at the front desk at POP before we leave.

Long story short, you might be able to park there, but be prepared to not be able to park there. One option would always be to park at DHS, boat to boardwalk for dinner, boat back to DHS and get a pretty good view of the Star Wars fireworks from outside the park.
Not a bad idea! :thumbsup2

You are getting so close!! I don't think I could ever do the surprise thing. I briefly thought about it for is trip but I knew I'd never last. And we started planning this back in June, so lots of time to stay quiet. Maybe for a spontaneous trip... Good luck with the secret!

I usually always pack a duffel or small suitcase with just my shoes, too, but I always bring way too many. My last trip to the beach, I forced myself to cut way down. I think I won't need to many for WDW. I'm a Croc sandal type gal, and they are thin and flexible so I'm hoping I'll be ok.

We have a 10am Cape May ADR and we are trying to decide if we park at Boardwalk and then boat/walk over to DHS, or if we park at DHS and boar over the Cape May. I've heard they've gotten more strict, as well.

My current goal is to get all three of us into 2 suitcases.
Good luck! That's ambitious, especially given the shoes. Maybe pack things into your shoes? :confused3

I am starting to worry Little Miss might know.
Will be interesting to see if she's caught on and how she reacts!

Thanks to @pkondz joke about Friday’s plans I’ve since hatched an idea for a fun evening if rain doesn’t ruin the plans. I’m leaning towards doing some Mini Golf and then grabbing dinner around the Epcot Resort Loop and then enjoying some fireworks from both Illuminations and the Star Wars Fireworks. Unfortunately the vouchers for Mini golf that come with the package aren’t useable after 4pm. We may try to use them anyways. If they won’t work the tickets to get in aren’t bad at all and we may just go anyways.
For what it's worth, another report I'm reading mentions that Fantasia Gardens is a much harder course for a 3 year old and Winter Summerland is much better. I remember that being the case several years ago when we went - Fantasia Gardens has a lot of uphill greens that are easily frustrating, especially for a young kid (but even for adults). Plus, the Winter Summerland theming is hilarious and fun.

I hope you have a lot of fun just being there! One potential trip we are pondering is a Disney cruise with non-park time before/after. Just getting Christmas party tickets, but no other tickets. Not sure if I could do that or not. There are so many things to do that don't require a ticket, but it's so hard knowing the parks are right there. I'm interested to see how things go for you.

You are getting so close!!
I know! :hyper:

I don't think I could ever do the surprise thing. I briefly thought about it for is trip but I knew I'd never last. And we started planning this back in June, so lots of time to stay quiet. Maybe for a spontaneous trip... Good luck with the secret!
:rotfl: Yeah. The only reason we've pulled off what we have is through copious amounts of flat out lying about not staying at disney. And actually having a legitimate non disney reason to be down there.

I usually always pack a duffel or small suitcase with just my shoes, too, but I always bring way too many. My last trip to the beach, I forced myself to cut way down. I think I won't need to many for WDW. I'm a Croc sandal type gal, and they are thin and flexible so I'm hoping I'll be ok.
On a typical disney trip I usually take about 3 pair of shoes. 1. a sandle 2. a Sneaker 3. a pool shoe. However things are more complicated this trip because of the extra shoes needed for special events.

We have a 10am Cape May ADR and we are trying to decide if we park at Boardwalk and then boat/walk over to DHS, or if we park at DHS and boar over the Cape May. I've heard they've gotten more strict, as well.
:scratchin I'll be sure to let you know what we end up doing.

Good luck! That's ambitious, especially given the shoes. Maybe pack things into your shoes? :confused3
If we end up needing too I'll just have DH pack an extra bag.

Will be interesting to see if she's caught on and how she reacts!
::yes:: That's what I'm really looking forward to! Lol.

For what it's worth, another report I'm reading mentions that Fantasia Gardens is a much harder course for a 3 year old and Winter Summerland is much better. I remember that being the case several years ago when we went - Fantasia Gardens has a lot of uphill greens that are easily frustrating, especially for a young kid (but even for adults). Plus, the Winter Summerland theming is hilarious and fun.
Hmm... well that's some food for thought. I picked Fantasia Gardens based on its location and how close to the Boardwalk it was. (Better to see fireworks that way.)

I hope you have a lot of fun just being there! One potential trip we are pondering is a Disney cruise with non-park time before/after. Just getting Christmas party tickets, but no other tickets. Not sure if I could do that or not. There are so many things to do that don't require a ticket, but it's so hard knowing the parks are right there. I'm interested to see how things go for you.
It is so hard knowing the parks are right there. The only real thing keeping us from pushing ourselves into the parks this trip is that there isn't room in the budget for more tickets.

Tot Traveling Decisions....

So DH and I are on the fence. We can't decide whether or not to keep Little Miss in a pull up for the whole ride down or just while she's asleep. She hasn't had an accident while wake in a super long time (and has only had a hand full of them ever) but she also has a tendency to feel the need to go when bored making me suspect the demand for frequent stops. Neither DH or I can make a decision on the matter one way or the other. Thoughts?

3/21 Departure Day:sad::

Hopefully we can get a late check out for this day. The basic plan for the day will be pretty much the same as our departure day in May. If we have some credits left to use will eat breakfast at Pop and load up the car. We will then bus over to Disney springs and we will spend our afternoon there until we are ready to forcibly drag ourselves away. Ideally we will leave around 3pm this time and not wait till 4:30 or so to leave. I also think that this time I am making DH have some caffeine about 2:30 - 3pm so that at least one of us will be alert enough to drive.

So DH and I are on the fence. We can't decide whether or not to keep Little Miss in a pull up for the whole ride down or just while she's asleep.
Tough call. Honestly, you know her best. I'd lean towards just using the pull ups and then if you have to call her bluff on frequent requests to stop you'll be covered. Then again, if you've got her potty trained you don't want to make her revert back by doing that either. I think you'll just have to go with what you feel is best for her situation.

I also think that this time I am making DH have some caffeine about 2:30 - 3pm so that at least one of us will be alert enough to drive.
How nice of you. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter