“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, thank you! A similar thing happened back in August when they released September-December dates so I'd watch closely if you're looking to book in early '19 as I am - just in case.

Oh, I'm stalking for March so I have a wait, I am guessing, for this one.
But I'm stalking this one, SW dessert party, and MK EMM. Mentally exhausting, the constant checking daily, multiple times, for nothin!

Oh, I'm stalking for March so I have a wait, I am guessing, for this one.
But I'm stalking this one, SW dessert party, and MK EMM. Mentally exhausting, the constant checking daily, multiple times, for nothin!
Oh, I know! It is exhausting, isn't it? I've been watching this board and checking a few things regularly on the website. Hope I don't get anyone too excited for nothing - but just know this may fill fast because of illuminations ending and wanted to give everyone a heads up. This board has been super helpful for our planning!

Also, we are doing Epcot on 2 days (a Sun & Thurs) and trying to decide if we should do the party towards the first part of our trip or the 2nd to last day - as far as overall vacation experience. Not sure whether to do the extras right away or save until the end. Anyone have any input on that? I believe the party will be offered both days but of course, not sure yet!

Yep, I checked after your first post, and they were all gray, now back to normal... Just posting so you don't feel like you are losing your mind.:surfweb::crazy:
Oh I don't think anyone is losing their mind but the MDE site is super flaky! I thought it was that and not that dates are being posted. I'm not lucky enough to get January this far in advance and it's all abou tme.

Oh, I know! It is exhausting, isn't it? I've been watching this board and checking a few things regularly on the website. Hope I don't get anyone too excited for nothing - but just know this may fill fast because of illuminations ending and wanted to give everyone a heads up. This board has been super helpful for our planning!
I don't stalk but I do have notifications turned on for this post, because I figure when January is posted I'll know! I have a preferred date and a backup date, hoping it works out. Not expecting anything for at least another month though :-/

I don't stalk but I do have notifications turned on for this post, because I figure when January is posted I'll know! I have a preferred date and a backup date, hoping it works out. Not expecting anything for at least another month though :-/
I hope it's not a replay of last time when Sept dates were released in August - but I suppose based on the trend, could definitely be in December.

I hope it's not a replay of last time when Sept dates were released in August - but I suppose based on the trend, could definitely be in December.
that is not my HOPE but it is my expectation. In that case it will be hard to be disappointed. Knowing Illuminations' end date helps too as there won't be so much speculation on the reasons for not releasing dates sooner. it is our favorite show of all times and I have 4 evenings planned for viewing it on our upcoming January trip (last trip for a while) and 2 of those nights would work with other dining plans for dessert party. I am really hoping for our last night there (Friday the 25th) and Fridays tend to have them... but of course not always. Fingers crossed. It would be the perfect way to end our trip though. I have a backup day and can make a third day work if necessary.

that is not my HOPE but it is my expectation. In that case it will be hard to be disappointed. Knowing Illuminations' end date helps too as there won't be so much speculation on the reasons for not releasing dates sooner. it is our favorite show of all times and I have 4 evenings planned for viewing it on our upcoming January trip (last trip for a while) and 2 of those nights would work with other dining plans for dessert party. I am really hoping for our last night there (Friday the 25th) and Fridays tend to have them... but of course not always. Fingers crossed. It would be the perfect way to end our trip though. I have a backup day and can make a third day work if necessary.
Good luck - Hope you get the date you want!

but just know this may fill fast because of illuminations ending and wanted to give everyone a heads up.
Disney has said that Illuminations will run until the end of summer and that the party will be offered until then and will be offered when the new show begins. It sounds like you're visiting in March so there's no need to worry about it selling out super quick due to Illuminations ending.

Yes it could and my gut says that because of what's going on internally in the department that puts on this party, I'm expecting a later rather than sooner release of new dates. But I could be wrong.

Disney has said that Illuminations will run until the end of summer and that the party will be offered until then and will be offered when the new show begins. It sounds like you're visiting in March so there's no need to worry about it selling out super quick due to Illuminations ending.

Yes it could and my gut says that because of what's going on internally in the department that puts on this party, I'm expecting a later rather than sooner release of new dates. But I could be wrong.

Thank you! I am going in January, but I figured with the announcement of illuminations ending in 2019 - more people would want to do the party is all. And thank you for the info, must have just been a MDE glitch and may have gotten excited for nothing.

Thank you! I am going in January, but I figured with the announcement of illuminations ending in 2019 - more people would want to do the party is all.
Even better. Desire to do the party may pick up when it gets real close to the end date, but during my recent interactions with party Guests, I didn't get the impression that more people were attending the party because of Illuminations ending. It is popular and so it will sell out regardless.

We went last month and were very frustrated waiting for the dates to be released! When they were finally released in August there was a glitch (how unusual :rotfl:) in the system that prevented us from booking! Luckily somebody discovered that you had to right click on the date and get it to open up in a new window and then all worked fine. We shared table 2 with an adult family of three and had a wonderful time - definitely the best dessert party on property.

We loved this party and the ride at the end was a fun bonus, they wait until the park empties out a bit and then take you to the frozen ride, the cast members all welcome you . It is just such a happy ride! The only downside for us was that because there were just two of us we were sat with another group of 3. They were truly unfriendly and made for an uncomfortable evening! I really felt we should have had our own table. It was fun to see illuminations especially knowing it would be the last time

Can anyone explain the seating area? Roughly how many tables there are and how many they seat? We will be a party of five, and while I wouldn’t mind sitting with others it would be nice to have our own table. TY!

Can anyone explain the seating area? Roughly how many tables there are and how many they seat? We will be a party of five, and while I wouldn’t mind sitting with others it would be nice to have our own table. TY!
We went in September and due to weather (that never materialized) the party was moved inside (building between Canada and England). All of the tables there were large round tops that seated 8 people (I think). Our table was assigned to us, so we had no choice of who joined us. We actually had nice conversation with other guests at our table. FWIW, my husband hates dessert parties and actually commented that he liked this one :)

See post #2049, it shows the party venue. The standard table seats five people so as long as the party is outdoors, you'll have your own table.
Tables at the indoor version of the party which takes place at the Norway Loft are for ten.

Thanks! I’ve gotten a bit nervous with the reports of tablemates that are rude. That would make for an uncomfortable evening :)

Thanks! I’ve gotten a bit nervous with the reports of tablemates that are rude. That would make for an uncomfortable evening :)
While it can and does occur, I can assure you the number of times that it happens is tiny. If you're a group of five and the table is for five, it's a non issue.

We loved this party and the ride at the end was a fun bonus, they wait until the park empties out a bit and then take you to the frozen ride, the cast members all welcome you . It is just such a happy ride! The only downside for us was that because there were just two of us we were sat with another group of 3. They were truly unfriendly and made for an uncomfortable evening! I really felt we should have had our own table. It was fun to see illuminations especially knowing it would be the last time
That's sad - we shared with a party of 3 and had a lovely time chatting with them so I guess it's swings and roundabouts.

we shared with a party of 3 and had a lovely time chatting with them
As I indicated, this is the norm. If I sensed, and I could, a compatibility issue with table mates, I approached them privately and inquired. If I was right, I looked into seating them elsewhere. It's not always possible however.
If anyone is the least bit apprehensive about the possibility of sharing a table with unfriendly table mates, you may want to reconsider and skip this party, the SW party and the JBJB party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter