“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s not too much trouble, could you please tell me how/when they changed the location for the SW party fireworks viewing?

PS - I see that you added a picture to your avatar! I’m not sure when you did that as I haven’t been on here in a while but I’m wondering if you get more people approaching you at the parties now that they know what you look like
No trouble at all. They changed the location from in front of one of the towers to the raised area in front of the Chinese theater where the Sorcerers hat was located. It was done quite a while back. Many Guests are ok with it and many are not. I think it's too close, but if you stay towards the rear, it's not too bad.

Regarding my Avatar, I changed it after I retired about 3 months ago. It didn't matter at that point. I think it's so small that I doubt anyone could identify me from it anyway.

No trouble at all. They changed the location from in front of one of the towers to the raised area in front of the Chinese theater where the Sorcerers hat was located. It was done quite a while back. Many Guests are ok with it and many are not. I think it's too close, but if you stay towards the rear, it's not too bad.

I know OT for this thread (sorry!) but the Star Wars viewing area is the same as the JBJB viewing area, right? If so, I'm in the "too close" camp. This statement won't fit everyone's personal mindset, but it's what would prevent us from booking that event in the future. In fairness, it was a fine experience - just not perfect, in my humble opinion.

Regarding my Avatar, I changed it after I retired about 3 months ago. It didn't matter at that point. I think it's so small that I doubt anyone could identify me from it anyway.
Ahhhh...now your "THE PARTY IS OVER" tag makes a lot more sense to me. I'm not sure if you or the tag fairy (does he/she still hang around these parts?) added that but very clever indeed :). Thanks for the info about the location of the viewing area. I may try for the FAE party then as we did enjoy that previously. Thanks again!

I am just popping in to say I FINALLY got to attend this party. Been wanting to do it since it started.

We went Friday the 18th. DH, DS6 and I sat right up along the rail with a nice mother and daughter duo.

LOVED it so much, keeping our reservation for Spring Break when it'll be 7 of us.

I have never sat and actually watched the whole Illuminations. (I know, crazy right?) We really enjoyed it. Good thing I am getting it in before it changes. :teeth:

Do we think this will be going into August? We are cutting it close but would do this before the temporary show starts.

Question for those people who have done the Dessert Party. Do they ever let you ride FROZEN twice? Or is it strictly one time and done after Illuminations?

We are booked for the eve or Sat 4/27!

Question for those people who have done the Dessert Party. Do they ever let you ride FROZEN twice? Or is it strictly one time and done after Illuminations?

We are booked for the eve or Sat 4/27!

They only let people ride once when I attended that party in Fall 2018. Twice sure would be nice though.

They only let people ride once when I attended that party in Fall 2018. Twice sure would be nice though.
I've been at the party countless times and AFAIK, the only time Guests were allowed to ride it more than once was during a rain delay of the show in order to keep them occupied during the wait.

I did treat my friend to the FEA Dessert Party last weekend. It was really fun. Her DD won't do many rides so she'd never done FEA and we got on twice, once with a FP during the day and then with the party. And to whoever asked, you'd not be able to get on twice. Once you get off, you are directed out and couldn't get back on the ride.

I know OT for this thread (sorry!) but the Star Wars viewing area is the same as the JBJB viewing area, right? If so, I'm in the "too close" camp. This statement won't fit everyone's personal mindset, but it's what would prevent us from booking that event in the future. In fairness, it was a fine experience - just not perfect, in my humble opinion.
Yes, same spot.
It's fine true but if I'm paying what I pay for a Dessert Party, the viewing location needs to be perfect (or as near to prime spot as possible), not inferior. Or even just fine.

Yes, same spot.
It's fine true but if I'm paying what I pay for a Dessert Party, the viewing location needs to be perfect (or as near to prime spot as possible), not inferior. Or even just fine.

Yeah, I more meant the overall JBJB dessert party experience was ‘fine’ - it was well organized, friendly CMs, the Santa Goofy character greeting was a nice touch and made for some great photos in a more relaxed setting, the food/beverage was reasonably good. The weak spot was the viewing for sure. We were glad we tried it and overall didn’t regret doing so, but the viewing is what would stop us from doing it on a repeat basis, which is different than how we feel about, say, the Frozen party or HEA dessert parties which we’ve gladly repeated.

Ugh after last time I said I wouldn't do it again but after time to cool down from my experience I find myself considering it for my next trip especially since it will be the last time I see Illuminations and after that I may or may not even care about the new nighttime show.

At least this time I am prepared for what could happen and feel more comfortable spending the money and possibly not being able to go on the ride.

I heard before that the first to book get the best tables along the railing.
Is that true?

Any indication on when July dates will be released?
I know in December it was a huge problem that they hadn't even opened up January yet.
Currently they are open through May so I'm wondering if I should expect June/July to follow soon or should I expect its not gonna open until June/July?

Do they charge you immediately when you book?
I booked day of last time so my card was charged immediately so wasn't sure if that was the case for those that book months ahead of time.

Does anyone know if this party will continue beyond Illuminations? Im not going until October but would still do this even for the temporary night time show.

I was scrolling through the calendar to consider booking this and noticed that it’s not open for June yet, no surprise there, but that the calendar doesn’t go beyond July seems strange. Anyone think that’s odd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter