“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the Cruella glitch too! And it was on a day I could've easily made those reservations had I just checked the forum! ☹
I still booked it at the $99 price. Going to make sure to read EVERY review to see if I want to cancel before the 2 day policy. To be completely honest though, I will probably still keep it just to score the photos with Cruella. I know it sounds crazy but almost every year since my daughter was born I have a picture of us dressed up as the characters, WITH the characters we are dressed as. That’s why we did the “Pirates & Pals” dessert party two years ago. Lol this year I’m going as Cruella and my family are all going to be Dalmatians

I still booked it at the $99 price. Going to make sure to read EVERY review to see if I want to cancel before the 2 day policy. To be completely honest though, I will probably still keep it just to score the photos with Cruella. I know it sounds crazy but almost every year since my daughter was born I have a picture of us dressed up as the characters, WITH the characters we are dressed as. That’s why we did the “Pirates & Pals” dessert party two years ago. Lol this year I’m going as Cruella and my family are all going to be Dalmatians
$99 for how many people?

$99 for how many people?
For one person! And the price for kids is the same! I had to get 4 tickets. Thank goodness my baby is just turning one next month. One less I had to pay for. It’s different than the typical dessert parties from what I read. We’ll see with the feedback once the parties begin.....

I would like to also mention though, my MIL treated us for the MNSSHP tickets, so I wanted to get these as a thank you to her for an experience we can all enjoy together. But if you were huffing over the price of the FEA dessert party, it’s actually a deal in comparison!

For one person! And the price for kids is the same! I had to get 4 tickets. Thank goodness my baby is just turning one next month. One less I had to pay for. It’s different than the typical dessert parties from what I read. We’ll see with the feedback once the parties begin.....

I would like to also mention though, my MIL treated us for the MNSSHP tickets, so I wanted to get these as a thank you to her for an experience we can all enjoy together. But if you were huffing over the price of the FEA dessert party, it’s actually a deal in comparison!
All you need for the FEA dessert party is a base ticket to the parks. But for the Cruella dessert party, you need the MNSSHP ticket too. So FEA is definitely a better deal, plus they throw in a ride! Ha!

All you need for the FEA dessert party is a base ticket to the parks. But for the Cruella dessert party, you need the MNSSHP ticket too. So FEA is definitely a better deal, plus they throw in a ride! Ha!
Yes but we only get the ticket for MNSSHP. We don’t get a park ticket for that day. So for us personally, the MNSSHP ticket was like what we will pay for a base ticket to Epcot. FEA party is still the better deal.

FEA party of 5 (1 child, 1 infant, 3 adults) $284 + Base tickets for Epcot $493.11 = Total $777.11

Cruella party of 5 (infant free) $421.76 + MNSSHP tickets $569.79 = Total $991.55

So our Epcot Day is costing $214.44 less than our Magic Kingdom day.

It’s a good thing we’re only going for two days :rotfl2:

Yes but we only get the ticket for MNSSHP. We don’t get a park ticket for that day. So for us personally, the MNSSHP ticket was like what we will pay for a base ticket to Epcot. FEA party is still the better deal.

FEA party of 5 (1 child, 1 infant, 3 adults) $284 + Base tickets for Epcot $493.11 = Total $777.11

Cruella party of 5 (infant free) $421.76 + MNSSHP tickets $569.79 = Total $991.55

So our Epcot Day is costing $214.44 less than our Magic Kingdom day.

It’s a good thing we’re only going for two days :rotfl2:
You're right...those are 2 very expensive days! We got APs this summer. You'd think that would be expensive enough!

We did the Star Wars dessert party last year and really enjoyed it. And I've read lots of good things about the FEA dessert party. I LOVE Frozen. It's one of my favorite Disney movies. So we're going to try it in November. Not that it really matters, but we'll be there right when Frozen 2 comes out in theaters.

We're also doing Cruella's Hideaway at MNSSHP in October and Tony's Merriest at MVMCP in November. Both of those are mainly for the parade viewing because of the crowds. But I will read all the threads I can about those 2 events to decide if it's really "worth" that much money to me.

You're right...those are 2 very expensive days! We got APs this summer. You'd think that would be expensive enough!

We did the Star Wars dessert party last year and really enjoyed it. And I've read lots of good things about the FEA dessert party. I LOVE Frozen. It's one of my favorite Disney movies. So we're going to try it in November. Not that it really matters, but we'll be there right when Frozen 2 comes out in theaters.

We're also doing Cruella's Hideaway at MNSSHP in October and Tony's Merriest at MVMCP in November. Both of those are mainly for the parade viewing because of the crowds. But I will read all the threads I can about those 2 events to decide if it's really "worth" that much money to me.
Which day in October are you doing Cruella’s?

Is it me or did the Oct and Nov dates get removed from the site??

UPDATE: Disregard, it showing up now. really odd.

Last edited:
Not sure if reservation availability on Disney's website for this thing is real time or not, but in a few mins I'm cancelling a party of 4 for 9/30 (the last night of Illuminations).

Been working on our fall schedules and finally came to the conclusion I just can't make that trip work with other things going on. Hope my loss is someone else's gain!

I’m bummed. I didn’t realize that they added September and now it’s all booked. Oh well. I’ve gone this far in my life without a dessert party. I’ll save my money for something else.

I just managed to snag tickets on 2nd October with the new show, but now I’m having a little bit of a wobble about it. I’m trying to figure out if it’s a seated or standing event. I use crutches due to mobility issues and will not be able to stand for the party (I can’t stand, eat and balance myself all at once) so would rather cancel if it’s standing.
Anyone got any clues?

I just managed to snag tickets on 2nd October with the new show, but now I’m having a little bit of a wobble about it. I’m trying to figure out if it’s a seated or standing event. I use crutches due to mobility issues and will not be able to stand for the party (I can’t stand, eat and balance myself all at once) so would rather cancel if it’s standing.
Anyone got any clues?
If all goes as planned ( no rain) it's a seated event, desserts and viewing Illuminations. If it rains and is moved indoors, the dessert party portion is seated and then you move to the viewing are which is standing. They won't make the inside/outside call until the afternoon of the show so it all depends on the weather on your day! At least that's how it happened for our party last year that was moved indoors.

I just wanted to report about how vastly different my experience was last week vs December.

In December they ended up having it inside due to it being cold.
We had called the number and it did not indicate it was inside so there was extra walking involved.
Then they gave us our wristband but told us to come back at 8:05pm.
When upstairs it seemed very disorganized and rushed.
We thought we would miss the fireworks just waiting for them to bring around the snowflake glasses.
View as great though.
Then they told us the ride was down.

Last week it rained a lot.
We called and it said it was inside so we knew right where to go.
We walked up about 7:45pm expecting to get a wristband and then walk around a shop.
Instead we got to go up immediately.
Everything was already set up nicely and everyone seemed laid back and relaxed.
They informed everyone at 8:30pm that they'd be sending CM's downstairs to start the line up for the walk over to the viewing area.
They seemed to have more staff onhand to pass out the glasses.
By 8:50pm the majority of people were heading down as were we.
We all walked over and had a great view then waited a few minutes before making our way back to the attraction.
The attraction was working properly and we had a great ride.

I couldn't believe how much better my experfience was this time.

I will say though that after having done it twice now I likely would not do it again especially since there is only so much rich food and alcohol one can intake even on an empty stomach in a less than one hour window to make the price worth it.
Although we certainly tried having had 4 drinks each lol.

Reactions: DLo
I am once again trying to decide about this party. I'd like to see the new show at Epcot. Do we think there will be ANY changes made to this party with the new show?

Anybody know if this party will continue in December? My husband and I are taking the kids the first week of December and really want to book this. I thought it was strange that all the dates have been posted except for December at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter