“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! March 30th. After a few glitches and “sorry for the paws” screens we’re all booked!

Yay! March 30th. After a few glitches and “sorry for the paws” screens we’re all booked!

I had a few glitches too! I'm hoping I'm among the first to book my date to get the best seats. There's only 2 of us so I hope our table mates are fun.

I had a few glitches too! I'm hoping I'm among the first to book my date to get the best seats. There's only 2 of us so I hope our table mates are fun.
Me too. We have 3 so we may end up with table mates as well. When DD and I did the WOC dessert party in DLR we shared a table with another mother/daughter pair and it was a lot of fun!

I had a few glitches too! I'm hoping I'm among the first to book my date to get the best seats.
Table assignment doesn't rely on when the rez is made. Some tables are better than others, but IMO, there are no bad tables.
Me too. We have 3 so we may end up with table mates as well.
If it's sold out, and it usually is, it's likely that you will have table mates if the numbers work out that way, but it's not always the case.

If the two of you think that you may want to be at the same table, call and have it added to your rez so that the table assigner is aware of it.

Table assignment doesn't rely on when the rez is made. Some tables are better than others, but IMO, there are no bad tables.
If it's sold out, and it usually is, it's likely that you will have table mates if the numbers work out that way, but it's not always the case.

If the two of you think that you may want to be at the same table, call and have it added to your rez so that the table assigner is aware of it.

Thank you, FastPasser! I thought I read somewhere that tables were assigned as reservations are made on a first come first serve basis. 22Tink and I are going on different dates but it would have been cool to sit together!

Great suggestion! Too bad we aren’t going at the same time!
It sounds like it works similar to DLR. We went there once as a party of 3 and had our own table and once as a party of 2 and shared. I have no problems sharing but if we get our own table I’ll just consider it a little bonus!
Thanks again for all your great info and advice.

I thought I read somewhere that tables were assigned as reservations are made on a first come first serve basis. !
Knowing how and who assigns the tables, I don't see how that's possible. If it were true, because of the way the tables are numbered and positioned at the venue, some of the higher numbered tables are slightly better than some of the lower numbered tables. IE, if you were one of the last five people to book, you'd actually get a better table than someone who booked 16th through 25th.

Knowing how and who assigns the tables, I don't see how that's possible. If it were true, because of the way the tables are numbered and positioned at the venue, some of the higher numbered tables are slightly better than some of the lower numbered tables. IE, if you were one of the last five people to book, you'd actually get a better table than someone who booked 16th through 25th.
How many tables are there in total? Or does it vary depending on how many guests there are?

How many tables are there in total? Or does it vary depending on how many guests there are?
The normal setup is 30 tables with the target attendance number being 130 guests. They do tweak the setup a little if needed.

This is the set up. The 13 tables lagoon-side along the railing are IMO the better tables, but there are no obstructed views.

enhance

This is the set up. The 13 tables lagoon-side along the railing are IMO the better tables, but there are no obstructed views.

enhance
we were seated in the back row near the S in the middle TABLES and it was a good seat. No problems seeing at all

still waiting for April dates to be released, my grandson and I would love to do this event

enhance

Looking at the map, we were in that cluster on the left. The center table by the rail, I think. Our view was wonderful. Best view we've ever had of Illuminations.

Tip for those of you going soon. Hit up the warm, salted caramel dessert before you are too full. That was the best dessert at the party. I waited too late and could only manage a very small taste. Wish I would have had room for more, but I spent too much valuable stomach space on the also tasty fondue.

The idea that I might have to wait until March 2 to find out the April dates is killing me!! How is everyone else holding up?

Trying to make FP plans without knowing if we might be able to FP this after the fireworks is a lot of work!

Our FP+ day was yesterday. I made FP plans assuming no dessert party. I hope they have the dessert party but if we didn't get the FP now we won't be able to get one later.

The normal setup is 30 tables with the target attendance number being 130 guests. They do tweak the setup a little if needed.

My New Year’s resolution is to pay a compliment to someone - anyone - at least once a day...and it must be a GENUINE compliment, so to speak...!!

With that said, today’s compliment goes to you, FastPasser - you have been a wealth of information on this page and extremely helpful to everyone who has questions and/or comments. I appreciate everything you’ve offered on this thread.

I’ve done the Frozen Dessert Party twice - once with my daughter last July, and again a few weeks ago, when I was visiting WDW solo. Our July trip was a very rainy afternoon, so we enjoyed the “dessert” portion of the party in the upstairs section of the Norway pavilion - how fun! In January, I was able to sit outside and dine on the desserts, on a fabulous, perfect evening.

I am Celiac, but the chefs have been able to offer some delicious substitutions for me to eat. I don’t necessarily attend for the desserts, anyway - I go because the view of Illuminations is fabulous - and I really, really enjoy marching against the traffic after the fireworks back to FEA in order to ride the ride. So much fun!

My husband is coming with me on a future trip this fall, and I am hoping that they still offer this event - I’d love to bring him so he, too, can experience it. And maybe, just maybe, I might be able to meet you, FastPasser, in person. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter