“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting on June. We'll be there the June 1-10 and really wanted to give this party a try. Fingers crossed that we'll at the very least be able to see Illuminations again. I love that show.

I'm always nervous about dessert parties ever since we went to the "Jingle Bam" one which had an advertised start time, but in reality people were seated 15 minutes before that ?
When the JBJB party first began two years ago, tables were not preassigned. That was quickly changed due to what you experienced.
Do you advise getting there at 8, or sooner?
I would arrive no more than 15 minutes before the advertised start time. You'll be good whether they open a little earlier or on time.

When we did this two Saturday’s ago, I was sort of surprised how early people line up for this. We walked by around 7:44PM... there was a decent line of people waiting. CMs had put down a temporary tape queue on the ground.

Given the wise advice I had recieved about arrival times from my fellow DISers, we went to Mexico and rode Gran Fiesta Tour to pass the time.

Went back to check-in at 8:03PM, zero wait, taken right to our table. Worked out perfectly.

When we did this two Saturday’s ago, I was sort of surprised how early people line up for this.
I'm still surprised and don't understand why. There's no need to get in line at all. The tape line is a carry over from the previous party and frankly, I don't know why it's still done for this party.
We walked by around 7:44PM... there was a decent line of people waiting.
And you might have seen people in line at 7:30 or earlier.
Went back to check-in at 8:03PM, zero wait, taken right to our table. Worked out perfectly.
After 8 arrivals will have zero wait. Most every one is seated by then and if they opened early, any back-ups at the F&B locations are gone.

Thanks to this thread keeping track of when dates were announced I was able to book the party on April 1 for my trip with extended family. Woohoo!

I guess I'll start stalking late March/early April for the hopes of May dates. It's the only splurge I want to do on this trip....

I'm still surprised and don't understand why. There's no need to get in line at all. The tape line is a carry over from the previous party and frankly, I don't know why it's still done for this party.
And you might have seen people in line at 7:30 or earlier.
After 8 arrivals will have zero wait. Most every one is seated by then and if they opened early, any back-ups at the F&B locations are gone.

Do most people know that the tables are pre-assigned? I am not sure if it stated that on my confirmation. That may be why they line up. I know when we went to both Wishes and HEA, with the seated viewing, that the tables were not preassigned.

Son of a...

I was looking for 4/25 but no party that night, dang it. Had to go with our 2nd choice of 4/23. That's going to be an Epcot day anyway but our DD is only 6 and we plan to rope-drop that morning, the original idea was FW in the morning and WS in the afternoon then leave the park after we have dinner in Morocco. I don't think she can do 12 hours (hell I don't know I can do 12 hours) so now we'll need to do an afternoon break. Oh well, not the end of the world!

This is getting painful to wait... Hoping to get a date in Late May and well things are starting to get close so having to plan what park when with fast passes... And this could really screw it up :(

I am currently planning out my family's next Christmas Disney vacation. It is a tradition of ours to do a dessert party each trip. On our last Christmas Disney vacay, we planned for the Star Wars Galactic Dessert Party, but it was changed to Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party through the holiday season. At 1st we were bummed, but now I can say it was the most wonderful dessert party we've yet to experience. Anyways, my question is... Does anyone know if the Frozen Ever After Spectacular Dessert Party continues through the holiday season? Should I be able to experience this event next December?

Thanks for the released dates update, everyone...just booked for 4/9 and feel extremely lucky because that's the date we hoped/planned for.

Do most people know that the tables are pre-assigned? I am not sure if it stated that on my confirmation. That may be why they line up.
Below is what's posted on MDE. I've never seen a confirmation so I don't know.

"All Guests are guaranteed a reserved seat.
Communal seating is pre-assigned and Guests may be seated with other parties."

I know when we went to both Wishes and HEA, with the seated viewing, that the tables were not preassigned.
The parties are put on by two separate departments and each one has their way of doing it.
Anyways, my question is... Does anyone know if the Frozen Ever After Spectacular Dessert Party continues through the holiday season? Should I be able to experience this event next December?
The Illuminations dessert parties have taken place during the holidays, but it's too soon to know what will happen this year. My gut tells me that if there's a night time show on the lagoon, a dessert party is likely.

Last edited:
having a hard time trying to book this online is there a phone number I can call to book it?

The Illuminations dessert parties have taken place during the holidays, but it's too soon to know what will happen this year. My gut tells me that if there's a night time show on the lagoon, a dessert party is likely.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I was hoping for this dessert party, because with the fastpass tier system at Epcot.... I was hoping to grab Test Track, than ride Frozen Ever After with dessert party.

Below is what's posted on MDE. I've never see a confirmation so I don't know.

"All Guests are guaranteed a reserved seat.
Communal seating is pre-assigned and Guests may be seated with other parties."

Well, then I do not know why people line up early!

having a hard time trying to book this online is there a phone number I can call to book it?
I was unable to book when I specifically requested the dessert party. I had to go to general dining reservations for the date I wanted and clicked a time of 8 pm. It came right up within the list of available restaurants and I was able to book.

I was unable to book when I was on the page specific to the dessert party.

When the JBJB party first began two years ago, tables were not preassigned. That was quickly changed due to what you experienced.
I would arrive no more than 15 minutes before the advertised start time. You'll be good whether they open a little earlier or on time.

Thanks! I'm relieved about that. It was sort of a train wreck that time but I'm very glad to hear they've changed things since then.

Yay! Booked 4/27! There is going to be 7 of us, but this will also be our first time watching Illuminations, even though we’ve been there a couple times already! (4th time for 5 of us, 2nd time for other two.) Can’t wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!