“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is plenty of Frozen Fun that keeps it kid friendly
Sorry, but I don't share that opinion. Yes, it's absolutely kid friendly, but I've felt from day two, I wasn't there on day one, that there isn't enough Frozen themed stuff that could enhance kid's party experience. They should at least have the music from Frozen playing in the background. The party cries out for a walk through or M&G with a Frozen character.

I've read the first few oldest pages and the last few newest pages and didn't see an answer, so, do you only get one ride on FEA after the party or can you get multiple rides?

Is there are PhotoPass photographer at the party? I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of getting it again this time. We loved it last year because we had a big party and wanted many group shots. I'm thinking with it being just me and DH we won't... I can probably ask someone once or twice to snap a pic, but if they are at the party that's another reason to get it.

Is there are PhotoPass photographer at the party? I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of getting it again this time. We loved it last year because we had a big party and wanted many group shots. I'm thinking with it being just me and DH we won't... I can probably ask someone once or twice to snap a pic, but if they are at the party that's another reason to get it.

There was a photopass photographer at both parties I've been to in the last few months (Feb and April), FWIW. YMMV per above, of course.

The party cries out for a walk through or M&G with a Frozen character.

DD is Frozen obsessed, still, so we're going, but a M&G would be amazing! We plan to do it before the party, but she would just love that, and I'd be willing to pay a few extra dollars for it as well.

Sorry, but I don't share that opinion. Yes, it's absolutely kid friendly, but I've felt from day two, I wasn't there on day one, that there isn't enough Frozen themed stuff that could enhance kid's party experience. They should at least have the music from Frozen playing in the background. The party cries out for a walk through or M&G with a Frozen character.

I can see that... There is no 'wow' frozen experiences like Elsa making an appearance. The bar and upscale buffet doesn't scream kids party for sure...

That won't happen at this party. First, most of the tables are already up against the railing around World Showcase Lagoon, so there is literally no room in front of you. Even if your table is set back from the railing, everyone has such a great view from their own table that there would be no reason for them to get up and stand in front of yours. The setup is very different from the MK party. This won't be an issue at FEA.

I'm going to disagree with this. Every table absolutely does NOT have a great view. In fact at the party I went to, our table was along the back fence, behind the bushes and one of those giant torch holders. I could see fireworks in the sky, but the globe on the water and the fire part were obstructed. I had to get up from my table and walk toward the bar to see. I was careful not to stand in front of other tables.

I think I went to one of the first parties last summer, so hopefully they learned not to put a table there. I did speak to someone with a clipboard, but I don't think I was actually listened to.

That being said, I did enjoy the party and I did book it again, but at least now I know to ask to be re-seated immediately if I get stuck in that spot again.

I'm going to disagree with this. Every table absolutely does NOT have a great view. In fact at the party I went to, our table was along the back fence, behind the bushes and one of those giant torch holders. I could see fireworks in the sky, but the globe on the water and the fire part were obstructed. I had to get up from my table and walk toward the bar to see. I was careful not to stand in front of other tables.

I think I went to one of the first parties last summer, so hopefully they learned not to put a table there. I did speak to someone with a clipboard, but I don't think I was actually listened to.

That being said, I did enjoy the party and I did book it again, but at least now I know to ask to be re-seated immediately if I get stuck in that spot again.

Sorry that you had that experience. I can picture the location of your table that you are describing, and do not think there were tables in that area the night of our party. Most tables were up against the railing, and those that were not were still close enough to it that there would be no obstructions (other than maybe the head of another guest) to seeing all of Illuminations. I would absolutely have complained and asked to be re-seated if we had been placed in a spot like you describe. @FastPasser. or others can chime in if they think that such a bad location is still used, but I strolled around quite a bit while there and did not see a table location I would have been dissatisfied with.

@FastPasser. posted the general setup that they are using for the FEA party now and it is consistent with my recollection. Take a look, but I don't think they are using your table location anymore. “Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” Map

Actually you were listened to. I believe I was at that party and overheard you talking to the leader. I absolutely agree that you had a valid issue. If that was the actual party, the setup crew made a mistake and placed tables where they shouldn't have. It was a recent development and were not aware of the change.
I did enjoy the party and I did book it again, but at least now I know to ask to be re-seated immediately if I get stuck in that spot again.
FastPasser or others can chime in if they think that such a bad location is still used.
As you can see in the setup diagram below, tables are no longer placed where the bushes are located. Once it was known, it was changed.

enhance

THanks for your posts! I'm delighted to hear this. My original post about my experience at this party last year is on page 23, post 458. It says I was a table #25.

Although from the diagram above, I believe my table is still there. From the diagram above, the most left group of tables, it was the circle above and to the right of the "S" in the word tables - -assuming that the blue rectangle along the lagoon is the popcorn and the thicker blue rectangle behind it is the bar.

I don't think the shrubbery location in the diagram is exactly to scale. As far as I know, and if the tables are setup correctly, all tables have an unobstructed view.

Based on everyone's reviews and @FastPasser. hyping it, I'm working really hard to switch my 10/5 Return to Sleepy Hollow reservation to 10/3 so that we can do this event on 10/5 (our full Epcot day). I just can't resist!

We booked July 4th for the four of us and are very excited to try this party. Unfortunately, my father in law passed away last month. We have talked to my mother in law, and she would like to come with us (FIL was never able to travel so they were never able to join us). I have called a few times about adding her to our reservation, but the party is full (as I would expect being the 4th). What do you think our odds are of someone canceling and being able to add her?

We booked July 4th for the four of us and are very excited to try this party. Unfortunately, my father in law passed away last month. We have talked to my mother in law, and she would like to come with us (FIL was never able to travel so they were never able to join us). I have called a few times about adding her to our reservation, but the party is full (as I would expect being the 4th). What do you think our odds are of someone canceling and being able to add her?
Very good.
I'll PM you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!