“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume there are no discounts like AP or DVC on the Frozen Desert Firework party? Ty!

How hard is it to change dates for this event? I am interested in either 9/29 or 10/3, but based on the pattern of when the dates get released to book I expect 9/29 will be available quite a bit before 10/3 because they're in different months. My instinct is to book 9/29 if/when it becomes available, and switch it to 10/3 (our preferred date) if/when THAT becomes available. I'm hesitant to wait to book any party before October is opened in case 9/29 sells out and there is no 10/3. Is this a viable plan?

How hard is it to change dates for this event? I am interested in either 9/29 or 10/3, but based on the pattern of when the dates get released to book I expect 9/29 will be available quite a bit before 10/3 because they're in different months. My instinct is to book 9/29 if/when it becomes available, and switch it to 10/3 (our preferred date) if/when THAT becomes available. I'm hesitant to wait to book any party before October is opened in case 9/29 sells out and there is no 10/3. Is this a viable plan?
I think they release several months at a time (I could be wrong about that though)

I think they release several months at a time (I could be wrong about that though)
When they released August 2018 that was the only month that they released at that time, so while they might release multiple months at a time I'm trying not to count on it and have a plan if September gets released first.

ETA: I might be getting this mixed up with the SW dessert party, but I think they both released their August 2018 dates on the same day.

When they released August 2018 that was the only month that they released at that time, so while they might release multiple months at a time I'm trying not to count on it and have a plan if September gets released first.

ETA: I might be getting this mixed up with the SW dessert party, but I think they both released their August 2018 dates on the same day.

I was wrong. It was just one month for FEA but yes, SW was released at the same time (which makes sense because they're handled by the same people.)

Still looking for a 2 person cancellation for the 6/21 party - my son and infant daughter have been added to the trip and I was hoping to get them in since the rest of us have a reservation but so far nothing has opened up. I will keep checking since the 5 day cancellation for refunds isn't until next Saturday. Hopefully I will get lucky.

Since we're all patiently awaiting September and beyond dates, I am looking for some suggestions on what (if anything) I might be able to bring to add some Frozen touches to this evening for my will be 4 yo? I was considering some light up stuff from Party City, but I wasn't sure how annoying that would be for other folks trying to enjoy the fireworks. DD is a HUGE Frozen fan, but I've read this can feel like a more adult dessert party, so any suggestions are welcomed! TIA!

I would not do anything light-up AT the show. You could make up a goody bag for her for AFTER, but light-up/flashing/swirly things are uber distracting for nighttime shows (second only to iPads...) and IMHO very rude to those around.

Add me to the hoping it's still around (at least Illuminations if not party) in September! Right now I've planned my trip to be Day 1 and Day 3 at Epcot for Food & Wine and Illuminations viewing since I live in NYC and teach and can't just jump down at a moment's notice. (Day 2 is MNSSHP...and this trip is only 3 full days).

BUT if Illuminations ends in August, I'd do 2 Animal Kingdom days instead and would need to adjust ADRs. I haven't hit my FP+ date yet, but those would enter into things as well if my whole plan gets turned upside down.

I've been reading back a few pages, and trying to figure out how far in advance dates are announced. I know we're only up to August so far. Is FEA Dessert Party generally scheduled for several months, or one month at a time?

I would not do anything light-up AT the show. You could make up a goody bag for her for AFTER, but light-up/flashing/swirly things are uber distracting for nighttime shows (second only to iPads...) and IMHO very rude to those around.

I’d not let her use the glow stuff during the show. I’d assume it’s annoying to other folks; I’m not a fan of the glows stuff during the projection shows. But I’ve never been to Illuminations so I wasn’t sure how much is actual pyrotechnics and how much is lasers and lights and such. :confused3

I've been reading back a few pages, and trying to figure out how far in advance dates are announced. I know we're only up to August so far. Is FEA Dessert Party generally scheduled for several months, or one month at a time?

A couple months back, someone posted on here several months worth of when the dates were announced, trying to find some sort of pattern. From what I recall, there is none. They post dates whenever they want, as many at a time as they so choose. It's not necessarily unusual that you havent seen dates posted for September, as I believe there are times that it's only been posted a few weeks out. The parties at Epcot and HS are done by different people than the ones at MK, and they don't follow any of the patterns that the MK parties have with release dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter