“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, I thought you were joking. I assumed it was just because they are put on by different groups and you were making a joke by pretending not to know that. My bad.

I'm right with you @LongLiveRafiki - I also "assumed" Fastpasser was joking with us. But, to play Devil's advocate - beyond the fact that they are put on by 2 different groups (per @FastPasser), we would like to think that since they all fall under the Disney umbrella, or more specifically, the Disneyworld umbrella, there should be a uniform policy. Just like the phone reps SHOULD have access to the same information and be trained uniformly. Doesn't happen. From resort to resort, from park to park, from cast member to cast member, policy rules seem to change or are interpreted differently. Case in point is the Disney Dining Plan "substitution" policy for drinks, desserts, sides.

Is it poor management at some level and lack of enforcement from top down? Or is Disney simply so big that each group can create their own set of "rules" as they see fit and there isn't enough organization for it to be noticed or enforced? Etc. etc.

Many things "should" be. Many Disney policies intuitively don't make sense and/or aren't consistent. Another reason a board like this is invaluable - it take months, if not years, to really understand how to plan your vacation to go as smoothly as possible and have access to the activities you'd most like to do. As soon as you think you've got it down - it will change. Some way, by some group, to some extent. :)

Having said all this - I check the boards as often as possible, including stalking the calendar for the FEA dessert party (September) release - it was our fave party last year! I consider it "fun" rather than a chore - and try to look at it as "living a bit of the vacation" before we even get there.

Bring on September.....!!!!!

I'm right with you @LongLiveRafiki - I also "assumed" Fastpasser was joking with us. But, to play Devil's advocate - beyond the fact that they are put on by 2 different groups (per @FastPasser), we would like to think that since they all fall under the Disney umbrella, or more specifically, the Disneyworld umbrella, there should be a uniform policy. Just like the phone reps SHOULD have access to the same information and be trained uniformly. Doesn't happen. From resort to resort, from park to park, from cast member to cast member, policy rules seem to change or are interpreted differently. Case in point is the Disney Dining Plan "substitution" policy for drinks, desserts, sides.

Is it poor management at some level and lack of enforcement from top down? Or is Disney simply so big that each group can create their own set of "rules" as they see fit and there isn't enough organization for it to be noticed or enforced? Etc. etc.

Many things "should" be. Many Disney policies intuitively don't make sense and/or aren't consistent. Another reason a board like this is invaluable - it take months, if not years, to really understand how to plan your vacation to go as smoothly as possible and have access to the activities you'd most like to do. As soon as you think you've got it down - it will change. Some way, by some group, to some extent. :)

Having said all this - I check the boards as often as possible, including stalking the calendar for the FEA dessert party (September) release - it was our fave party last year! I consider it "fun" rather than a chore - and try to look at it as "living a bit of the vacation" before we even get there.

Bring on September.....!!!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who read his post as joking! You make some excellent points about the overall inconsistency concerning policies. With many things like substitutions on DDP and such, my guess is that CMs are given leeway in how to enforce different policies. My guess when it comes to phone CMs is that some probably just don't have enough training or experience with how things actually work in the parks. For the dessert parties, I wonder how much actual oversight Disney has over them. Are the food/gift offerings and price determined by Disney, or solely controlled by the group that puts on the parties at Epcot and HS?

From what I can tell, each party has a different (poor) reason for the delay in allowing you to book:

FEA seems to not have consistent days as to when the party can happen, I am not sure how this is determined. However, Illuminations has scheduled show times available for sept and oct.

SWAGS is normally every day and so is the dessert party, so I don’t know why they wait for September since the show time is available in September, although October hasn’t got the show time, so maybe they are waiting for that.

Same thing for the Star Wars guided tour, I am not sure why that is delayed since that also seems to happen every day.

Fantasmic dessert party also isn’t available, even though showtime is available.

Who knows?

From what I can tell, each party has a different (poor) reason for the delay in allowing you to book:
I suspect Disney would say that there is a good reason.
FEA seems to not have consistent days as to when the party can happen, I am not sure how this is determined. However, Illuminations has scheduled show times available for sept and oct.
Illuminations is performed every night, so it's not an issue. They're not the only reasons, but I can think of two reasons, staffing considerations due to many events taking place at the same, and venue availability considerations.
although October hasn’t got the show time, so maybe they are waiting for that.
I would think that's the case.
Fantasmic dessert party also isn’t available, even though showtime is available.
Actually there is no Fantasmic dessert party, it's a viewing experience. You pick up a box of desserts plus drinks, and sit in a designated area, but no actual party.

Of course some of you are thinking, why are the HEA dessert parties able to be booked so much earlier than the the SW and FEA dessert parties? One reason is that MK is responsible for their parties and not the group that specializes and puts on thousands of events every year. Some park's management are very protective of who they allow into their park.

Just found this thread. We are going for 12 days from Thanksgiving till Dec. 2. Is there a list anywhere of last year's dates? We really want to do this, but we already have our ADRs set for our split group of 7( my family of 5 plus my parents). So, we already have our parks scheduled out with having 2 Epcot evenings, but one of them, my folks are leaving for a California Grill fireworks dinner. Any idea where we can plan dessert party dates from prior history, or does it really change a lot from season to season?

Thanks.

Back in like February they were only releasing like a month of dates at a time - like early February the released March. Early March they released april. Then all of a sudden somewhere like late april they released all the way up into July. So they don't follow one month at a time all the time. I get the feeling in slower periods they add the bookings at slower pace. Then in heavier months they tend to release earlier (just guessing).

I'm glad they did release the summer months early - as we are only at Epcot for one day and I was awaiting the release to pick the day for epcot.

Is there a list anywhere of last year's dates? Any idea where we can plan dessert party dates from prior history, or does it really change a lot from season to season?
I wouldn't rely on last year's dates. If anything, they'll have more dates this year.
Does anyone know if the evening EMH plays any role in which days the party is available?
Yes, there is someone who knows. EMH nights do play a role, they prefer not to have parties on EMH nights. However, there will be a party on an EMH night in July. It'll be sort of a test. Depending on how it goes will be a factor in deciding whether or not they have parties on EMH nights after August.

Last edited:
I wouldn't rely on last year's dates. If anything, they'll have more dates this year.
Yes, there is someone who knows. EMH nights do play a role, they prefer not to have parties on EMH nights. However, there will be a party on an EMH night in July. It'll be sort of a test. Depending on how it goes will be a factor on deciding whether or not they have parties on EMH nights after August.
Thank you @FastPasser.

I was hoping to go in November, but haven't seen any released yet.
Keeping an eye on it each morning and have this thread watched just in case.

I might be bowing out of this waiting game. We decided to book the Wild Africa Trek and I'm considering forgoing the FEA party to compensate. Then again, I'm also considering cancelling our already-booked Hallowishes dessert party so that we can still do FEA.

I might be bowing out of this waiting game. We decided to book the Wild Africa Trek and I'm considering forgoing the FEA party to compensate. Then again, I'm also considering cancelling our already-booked Hallowishes dessert party so that we can still do FEA.

I finally gave up checking for it lol.

I want to book the dessert party and FEA for the first week of December. I too am waiting for the dates to be released. Does anyone have any reason to suspect they won't release December dates? It will really become an issue when it's time to set up fast passes. Doing the dessert party means I don't have to use a fast pass for the Frozen ride. But if they don't release the parties 60 days in advance then I have some serious decisions to make.

But if they don't release the parties 60 days in advance then I have some serious decisions to make.
I think you should make those serious decisions. From my vantage point, nothing leads me to believe that the CMs releasing the dates will release them any sooner than they have been. But as usual, I could be wrong.

@FastPasser. Do you have any understanding as to why the dates are not released further in advance than what they are? Dessert parties and their schedules can affect ADR selections as well as FP's, especially for larger groups that would have great difficulty rearranging ADR schedules for that size long after everything else is already booked up.

@FastPasser. Do you have any understanding as to why the dates are not released further in advance than what they are? Dessert parties and their schedules can affect ADR selections as well as FP's, especially for larger groups that would have great difficulty rearranging ADR schedules for that size long after everything else is already booked up.
I understand your consternation and I do have an understanding as to why they don't release the dates earlier than they do. I have previously tried to add some clarity as to why they do it the way they do. The reason is actually irrelevant because it is what it is. It's been that way since the party began and the SW party is about the same. Sorry, but you'll just have to keep checking or as some others have done, not do it.

Just a quick review: I was at this dessert party last Thursday (6-21) and I would like to say that it was an excellent experience. The entire staff was friendly and fun to talk to. I also watched their interaction with other groups and they were great to everyone. The desserts and drinks were tasty. I really liked the cheese fondue a lot! Our view of Illuminations was amazing. The wind had shifted in our direction though and we did get some fall out from the fireworks, it left some orange marks on my hand and arm but that was okay. I also liked that we got the ride on Frozen too. I was traveling with a friend that is pretty "meh" about Disney and this party and ride on Frozen was the highlight of her day. I have heard some people wondering if it is worth the money and I do think we got our money's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter