“I do not deal with my problems like I know I should” - F&W Fest 2018 - Update 1/20 Going Home

I love the Peter Pan queue. They did such a nice job with it. Sorry your feet weren’t loving your shoe choice. I bet they wouldn’t have blinked an eye at flip flops at CG but better to be safe than sorry. Brunch looks amazing. Two incredible meals back to back! I can’t wait to try brunch next month!! I’m hoping they still let you try a couple of entrees as I can’t make up my mind. Your afternoon looks relaxing. I didn’t know there were foot masks! Genius!!

The queue is amazing! I love that there is stuff to see and interact with if you actually got stuck in there.

Having read the stories about people being turned away for high fashion torn designer jeans - wasn't risking it with the flip flops!

Enjoy your brunch! I think they still let you get multiple entrees. If I wasn't so full that would have happened as well. I know the table next to mine ordered 3 entrees for 2 people. That might be why they don't let you take out what you don't eat so people aren't encouraged to order what they won't eat. I'm just sad for those uneaten bacon slices!

Those new "action stations" at California Grill look amazing! We have a brunch booked for November. I can't wait to see what they offer!

Your poor feet... glad you had some goodies to pamper them with!

Yes! The action station is amazing! That cake was everything I wanted it to be and more! Enjoy your brunch in November!

I'm glad I thought about bringing them too! Pampering is always warranted at Disney!

What a glorious looking brunch after a fun morning at MK! Love your relaxation post food and drink!

Can't go wrong with brunch! I'm excited to get to back in a few weeks and hopefully enjoyo all my mimosas then!

What exactly are these? I keep seeing them and people are calling them mimosa's but for the life of me I can't see an OJ in there.
It's fancy "mimosa" There is no OJ but rather blueberry juice that has been made into those boba balls.

YUM to the um to the um, um, um!!! I had no idea they had added anything to the buffet. That butter cake looks and sounds amazing. Fingers crossed its still there when we go again in February. And those biscuits. They were my favorite on our last visit.
It was such a nice surprise to see that action station as well. I just hope the addition of action stations won't mean price increases

California Grill, Coronary much? That is enough bacon to feed a small village.
I just feel bad that all that bacon to go to waste! With my mother that eats little to begin with, it was so sad.

Glad you enjoyed though I can totally see how you'd be done after V&A the night before.
Yeah...that was too much food within 18 hours. Oh well! Learn from the mistakes.

What a great way to spend the afternoon. I'll have to remember that. Seems a much better way to relax and pamper the feet than my traditional aleve and wine cocktail.
Aleve and Wine is also a good choice. We like our downtime as it balancing out the go go of the parks but still lets us relax from work.

All caught up! Love your food reviews--though I'm sorry about your foot :(

Thank you! Hope all your travel issues at the beginning (i.e. Florence) didn't affect your trip too much and you got to enjoy all that extra time!

I am very excited for brunch at California Grill in November!

What time is your brunch? Don't judge drunk Dis_Yoda & drunk Dis_Yoda's husband if you see us ;) I won't be in food coma mode that time!

I am following along!

Welcome! Glad you are here!

The Back Side Of Water

We headed back out of the room a little after 3:00PM and made it to the Magic Kingdom by 3:30PM.

TreTZw3.jpg

Monorail Arrival

FvYaLfc.jpg

Train Station

The first task we had was to head to Auntie Gravity’s as I wanted to try the candy corn ice cream cone. I know that the candy corn milkshake was a much better Instagram worthy photo but I was kinda already at food overload so I didn’t want to push it too much. This is a different version of the candy corn cone of my last MNSSHP where there were actual pieces of candy corn in there but still good. It is on the sweet side!

j8CZ05j.jpg

Candy Corn Ice Cream Cone

After I enjoyed my ice cream cone, we headed to Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters where I completely rocked it. I had maxed out my blaster about half way through the ride. I ended up helping my mother afterwards and showing her where to shoot it so she got above 200K for the first time ever.

VSQ8UBm.jpg

Maxed!

OE8zsVY.jpg

Both Scores

fB4f2Pf.jpg

Buzz Lightyear - Maxed Out and Relaxing

Our Mine Train FP+ was set for 3:40PM to 4:40PM. It was now after 4:00PM, so we headed to the Mine Train and checked in with our Fastpass+. We got into the loading area in about 5 minutes and were in the next group to head to the trains when the ride shut down due to rain and lightning. Annoying. This is where I felt like Disney really failed. I understand weather is outside of their control but the Mine Train is a hard to get FP+. It was announced that they were sorry for anyone that had used a FP+ but they were not able to offer a re-entry pass for matters outside of their control. If we had gotten there less than 5 minutes later than we did - our MDE would have given us an anytime FP+. We decided to wait it out since it was raining hard outside and at least we were under cover. Neither of us felt like getting soaked. The rain eventually stopped but as the lightning was still close, they didn’t reopen the ride. We waited up until a little before 5PM when we finally threw in the towel and decided to check into dinner early.

qcnXO6B.jpg

Waiting

hZlCRZl.jpg

More Waiting

Luckily, it wasn't raining too bad as we headed towards Skipper Canteen. There was a slight backup when it came to seating as I think lots of people arrived early to their ADR because of the weather but we were seated within 10 minutes.

6OJbSY6.jpg

Place Setting

I ended up feeling really bad for our server as we were getting started. There was a table next to us with two high school students (I could tell because of their conversation about AP vs IB classes and one was a super lying bragger who was also telling incorrect information about IB) They both jibbed him on the tip and one might have stiffed him part of the bill as I could tell his frustration when he returned to collect their billfolds. After that was handled, he greeted us nicely but I could tell he wasn’t 100% happy. Couldn’t blame him though as I saw that go down! I ordered the Kungaloosh Beer while my mother had a glass of wine. We also ordered one appetizer and one entree to share among the two of us as we didn’t need too much food at this point, especially knowing we had the dessert party two hours later.

The shu mai were a nice blend and properly steamed. Lots of meat inside which made us happy!

TpaRoEN.jpg

S.E.A. Shu Mai - Blend of Pork, Shrimp, Edamame Beans and Spices Wrapped in Gyoza SKin & Steamed

The chicken was a nice surprise as well. I really liked the breading on top of the breast along with the flavor of the chili glaze. I almost didn't order it but I'm glad I did!

KMKawxo.jpg

Tastes Like Chicken Because It Is - Crispy Fried Chicken Served with Jasmine Rice, Chili Glaze and Seasonal Vegetables

While we were at dinner, our Big Thunder Mountain FP+ had turned into an anytime FP+ for everything but the mine train & maybe other items I wasn’t looking at anyway. Neither of us after our meal wanted to go on the coaster so we used that FP+ for Jungle Cruise as what better way to top off a meal at Skipper Canteen?

1Rpd190.jpg

VL2HeLC.jpg

4eOC01u.jpg

7WkJmAM.jpg

3sTOlGI.jpg

Ginger Snaps!

We still had time to kill so we headed back to Fantasyland to go Under The Sea.

rIJdooH.jpg

xbLtXRG.jpg

Super dumb crazy busy at work but following along. Sneaking a peek at the boards at my late lunch. Love your reviews. Your descriptions and pics are the best of the best. Your purse! Oh my, do you know how much I love Lady and the Tramp? And the memories you are making with your Mom. I can't begin to express how much I am loving seeing you two share Disney and shopping and meals. I miss my Mom. Enough said.

About our one day at trip at Epcot, and the IOA/US/HHN the day before, yes, I am crazy, but with adult son and his wife's crazy schedule, and my other adult son, I have to cram what time I have with them I can. My hubby and I laugh about how we have to bribe them with free tickets, free hotel and free air fare. Yes, we pay for it all, just because it means to much so spend this time with all of them. I am so glad for your F&W reviews. It has helped tremendously. Our first time for HHN was last year and we had a complete blast. Somehow we bribed everyone to return this year, with Epcot F&W as a carrot.

Still here and enjoying!!

That is strange about your Mine Train Fast Passes... That doesn't really seem like the "Disney-Way". Bummer

We love Skipper Canteen!

I’ve been wanting to try Skippers Canteen for awhile but my husband is so picky! Boo! But I’m thinking he would love that chicken!

I’ve got to figure out that Buzz lightyear trick! I am so bad! Lol! Love jungle cruise and Ariel is my girl! Losing a mine train FP is awful!

Did these actually taste like candy corn? Casey had wanted one but Jason said he thought they only looked like candy corn and didn't taste like it so we skipped it.

Wow, your Mom looks really determined!

It was announced that they were sorry for anyone that had used a FP+ but they were not able to offer a re-entry pass for matters outside of their control. If we had gotten there less than 5 minutes later than we did - our MDE would have given us an anytime FP+.
That is ridiculous. If it goes down before you get there why would it not count if you were there already. Weather or not that is just absurd.

TpaRoEN.jpg

S.E.A. Shu Mai - Blend of Pork, Shrimp, Edamame Beans and Spices Wrapped in Gyoza SKin & Steamed
Yum, one of my favorites!

he chicken was a nice surprise as well. I really liked the breading on top of the breast along with the flavor of the chili glaze. I almost didn't order it but I'm glad I did!

KMKawxo.jpg
I've always contemplated getting this but never have. Definitely need to rectify that.

California Grill brunch really looks good! I hope to try it in May, I have never been.

Hope your feet were feeling better!

We tried exactly the same appetizer and entree as you at Skipper Canteen, I really enjoyed both!

Sorry about your 7DMT FP, ugh!!

That seems silly about the mine train FP. I have to say, I’m kinda meh on the ride. Maybe it was overhyped and or trying to fold myself into the seat was a challenge but I didn’t love it. I have a FP to try again in Oct - hope we don’t have a closure!

I maxed out Buzz Lightyear one time purely by accident and it remains one of my proudest Disney moments.

I haven’t tried Skipper’s Canteen yet... it looks so good!

Sorry about the mine train fiasco. It would have been nice to get a fp for another day!
It would have been! Lesson learned and hopefully a PSA if you have a FP+ for that ride and it looks like storms are coming!

Super dumb crazy busy at work but following along. Sneaking a peek at the boards at my late lunch. Love your reviews. Your descriptions and pics are the best of the best. Your purse! Oh my, do you know how much I love Lady and the Tramp? And the memories you are making with your Mom. I can't begin to express how much I am loving seeing you two share Disney and shopping and meals. I miss my Mom. Enough said.

About our one day at trip at Epcot, and the IOA/US/HHN the day before, yes, I am crazy, but with adult son and his wife's crazy schedule, and my other adult son, I have to cram what time I have with them I can. My hubby and I laugh about how we have to bribe them with free tickets, free hotel and free air fare. Yes, we pay for it all, just because it means to much so spend this time with all of them. I am so glad for your F&W reviews. It has helped tremendously. Our first time for HHN was last year and we had a complete blast. Somehow we bribed everyone to return this year, with Epcot F&W as a carrot.

Still here and enjoying!!

I get being super dumb crazy busy at work! Friday was my last day at my previous job so I'm looking forward to another career path outside of manufacturing. Hoping it helps my stress levels!

I did not know you love Lady & the Tramp but maybe you'll be getting yourself that purse too ;).

That is so nice that you pay for it all! Last year, my mother covered all the costs but this year I covered some (V&A, Brown Derby and Bon Voyage Breakfast). The last two meals were because I got my Table in Wonderlands card at home. Have a wonderful trip! The houses look so cool this year. We'll get back one day!

That is strange about your Mine Train Fast Passes... That doesn't really seem like the "Disney-Way". Bummer

We love Skipper Canteen!

It did seem very undisneylike but whatever! Glad to let other people know to watch the weather forecast on that one! I really enjoy Skipper Canteen too although it does seem like they have dumbed down the menu.

I’ve been wanting to try Skippers Canteen for awhile but my husband is so picky! Boo! But I’m thinking he would love that chicken!

I’ve got to figure out that Buzz lightyear trick! I am so bad! Lol! Love jungle cruise and Ariel is my girl! Losing a mine train FP is awful!

Make him go and have him ask for the sauce on the side. Then its literally just fried chicken with rice and veggies. Who doesn't like that?

Tip #1) Keep the button pressed down always
Tip #2) First Room - Inside of Robot's Hand = 100K
Tip #3) 2nd Room - Volcano Top = 25K
Tip #4) Bottom of Zurg's Ship = 100K

I need to figure ut the other mini games for Toy Story Mania.

Did these actually taste like candy corn? Casey had wanted one but Jason said he thought they only looked like candy corn and didn't taste like it so we skipped it.
Well, candy corn tastes like super sweet vanilla. This tasted like super sweet vanilla so yes.

Wow, your Mom looks really determined!
She wanted to break that 200K mark!

That is ridiculous. If it goes down before you get there why would it not count if you were there already. Weather or not that is just absurd.
Yup! Now we know.

Yum, one of my favorites!
Your reviews were why I told my mom to get that dish she I knew she would like the flavors.

I've always contemplated getting this but never have. Definitely need to rectify that.
This was a perfect way to get it too since we were splitting food. They have so many interesting dishes there that why would you get chicken? We knew we had the dessert party so go with something easy to split and that we know won't fill up too bad.

California Grill brunch really looks good! I hope to try it in May, I have never been.
Hope you get to try it too! It is such a nice treat.

Hope your feet were feeling better!
They did! Should have rocked other shoes but it happens!

We tried exactly the same appetizer and entree as you at Skipper Canteen, I really enjoyed both!

Glad you enjoyed them too! We're skipping Skipper Canteen the next couple of trips as always new things to try!

Sorry about your 7DMT FP, ugh!!
Yeah, frustrating but sometimes Disney isn't magic and we should let others know about that.

That seems silly about the mine train FP. I have to say, I’m kinda meh on the ride. Maybe it was overhyped and or trying to fold myself into the seat was a challenge but I didn’t love it. I have a FP to try again in Oct - hope we don’t have a closure!

I maxed out Buzz Lightyear one time purely by accident and it remains one of my proudest Disney moments.

I haven’t tried Skipper’s Canteen yet... it looks so good!

I would only ride the ride with a FP+ at this point as I'm not waiting almost an hour or more for that ride. Its like a step up from Barnstormer for me. I am glad that they didn't make Slinky Dog that weak as that one is really fun!

That is awesome you maxed out! It is a great feeling to have! I don't always max out, especially when I'm with my husband. My husband and I fight over the controls of the ride vehicle thus I can't keep hitting the same target over and over. With my mom, she doesn't care.

You should try it some day!

I See The Light

After our visit under the sea, we headed over to check in for the Happily Ever Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace. Even being a bit early, the line was already around the railing and on the path heading towards the castle so we just waited.

xj0iHu3.jpg

Once we checked in, we were told we could pick between the tables for two which were all along the wall at the Terrace since it meant we only had people on one side of us rather than both.

4nfWWiN.jpg

The line was long for getting desserts the first go around. It probably took us about 15 minutes to get through the first time. It did get better as the time closure to the fireworks neared. I only did two plates of food but the options were plenty!

CAdddMa.jpg

First Plate

7MFtWOq.jpg

Second Plate

Once the last warning for the fireworks were about to start, the server that had been clearing our plates came by and dropped off a bag of Ghirardelli chocolates to have. Every table was presented one of these which was nice.

LKpKIWT.jpg

Chocolate Bag

Happily Ever After started and I was glad to see it for the first time. I’m not a huge firework/evening show person so being able to see it without having to worry about the crowds was really enjoyable. Not sure I’m going to go out of my way to watch it again but that’s a normal option for me.

Here are some of my photos from the show, they probably aren’t in order as imgur and my computer don’t always keep things in order on mass uploads but they are all still really pretty!

HwsfglW.jpg

gZRnS6V.jpg

eoIVgrV.jpg

KsR1vwi.jpg

4NqmTWy.jpg

0yZ2bHG.jpg

7nYNvTV.jpg

jSq6u6m.jpg

BsBqJwH.jpg

uZ73loJ.jpg

lzMVVo6.jpg

Lgcs6Nu.jpg

A8fCro9.jpg

QpggkCO.jpg

nzekQvH.jpg

oNyQ1W6.jpg

ti6eQaL.jpg

Sv2TiMg.jpg

RGNcc4b.jpg

wbIi5Vy.jpg

9aixNeY.jpg

3NBGu63.jpg

mbLTGnD.jpg

nZRRkjF.jpg

After the show, we left with the masses to exit the Magic Kingdom. We took the boat back to the Grand Floridian as we knew that would take less time and neither of us wanted to walk up the ramp to the monorail. This also got us at the Grand Floridian Marina right in time for the Electric Water Parade to start! The show is cute even if it is super dated.

yc0hma1.jpg

RquX7uS.jpg

I love the water parade. Pure nostalgia. But I’m sure younger guests look at it and think “what the heck?” I hope it never changes. And you’ve reminded me I need to try to see this next month.

I haven’t seen Happily Ever After either. The dessert party looks like a good option. I’m not much of a sweets person but looks like they have some savory options too. Now if they could just add some wine.... :laughing:

You're making me excited for the star wars party. What night are you going? We will be there on the 3rd.

I love the water parade. Pure nostalgia. But I’m sure younger guests look at it and think “what the heck?” I hope it never changes. And you’ve reminded me I need to try to see this next month.

I haven’t seen Happily Ever After either. The dessert party looks like a good option. I’m not much of a sweets person but looks like they have some savory options too. Now if they could just add some wine.... :laughing:

It is pure nostalgia. Only one other party enjoying it in the dock that night.

There were a handful of savory options - cheeseburger egg rolls, cheese, spinach dip and something else I can't remember. There is the California Grill Sparkling Wine viewing of the fireworks although I wonder how well you can see the projections from up there.

You're making me excited for the star wars party. What night are you going? We will be there on the 3rd.

You're going to enjoy the Star Wars Party! They have even better mix of savory vs sweet along with alcohol! We're going on the 4th so we're one day apart. 3rd we're heading to Jiko since its at the hotel and easy for a pre-half marathon dinner.

Glad to see you all enjoyed the dessert party. I've been on the fence about doing it as I'm like you and aren't really into the nighttime shows and more importantly waiting in crowds. We saw HEA from California Grill on our last trip but of course couldn't see the castle projections. But I'm not sure I'm ready to pay that much money without alcohol :P

Make him go and have him ask for the sauce on the side. Then its literally just fried chicken with rice and veggies. Who doesn't like that?
Great idea!!

It looks like you had a nice dessert party! Oh my goodness, cheeseburger egg rolls! They used to have a cart in Adventureland and I really want to try them!!! I love taking the boat when we stay a poly! Seems much faster!

The dessert party looks wonderful; I love fireworks shows but I am on the short side and I always feel at a disadvantage, that I do not do well with the masses. The chocolates were a nice touch.

I watched Tim Tracker's vlog on F&W yesterday, helped a bit and made me change some of my options, but your postings help more:)

Hope your weekend is good; following along!!

Glad to see you all enjoyed the dessert party. I've been on the fence about doing it as I'm like you and aren't really into the nighttime shows and more importantly waiting in crowds. We saw HEA from California Grill on our last trip but of course couldn't see the castle projections. But I'm not sure I'm ready to pay that much money without alcohol :P

Of all the trips, this was probably the right one to do that party that lacks the alcohol - between V&A Wine Pairing, the mimosas at California Grill Brunch and the beer at dinner - I was perfectly ok not having alcohol during this party. My poor liver probably needed a bit of a break. There is an alcohol option at the top of California Grill that we could have done. I may do that with my husband in April since we're staying at the Grand Floridian for Dark Side Weekend (err...Rival Run Weekend). It would be a good first night event since Friday and Saturday are pre-race nights for him.

Great idea!!

It looks like you had a nice dessert party! Oh my goodness, cheeseburger egg rolls! They used to have a cart in Adventureland and I really want to try them!!! I love taking the boat when we stay a poly! Seems much faster!

Sometimes I have good ideas! Sometimes not...

It was a nice dessert party. If I liked cheeseburgers more, I would have probably liked the egg roll more but it reminded me of a fast food burger (specifically Krystal's) which was interesting. Glad to say I tried it once!

The boat does seem faster plus with the aging condition of the monorail - I rather avoid it when I know its going to be overly crowded.

The dessert party looks wonderful; I love fireworks shows but I am on the short side and I always feel at a disadvantage, that I do not do well with the masses. The chocolates were a nice touch.

I watched Tim Tracker's vlog on F&W yesterday, helped a bit and made me change some of my options, but your postings help more:)

Hope your weekend is good; following along!!

Yeah - the masses are no fun! Glad others feel that way too. I rather sit back and relax. It's why I'm ok paying the dessert party prices if I know we are going to enjoy it!

Can't wait to hear about your trip! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter