“I do not deal with my problems like I know I should” - F&W Fest 2018 - Update 1/20 Going Home

That's interesting and I had not read about those changes yet. I guess I support the idea of freeing the chefs to select the appropriate number of courses based on the size of the dishes. Seems you might get more creative menus that way!

Did anyone ever hear a reason why Disney eliminated the resort dinners from Food & Wine? We'd never taken advantage of them ourselves but it seems like such a shame to stop offering them...

That's interesting and I had not read about those changes yet. I guess I support the idea of freeing the chefs to select the appropriate number of courses based on the size of the dishes. Seems you might get more creative menus that way!

Did anyone ever hear a reason why Disney eliminated the resort dinners from Food & Wine? We'd never taken advantage of them ourselves but it seems like such a shame to stop offering them...

I support too but I would like to know what the price of the QVR is! I need people to review for me soon! I know Christine is going soon so I'm going to make her give me a report on it.

There has been no official reason I heard other than the rumor mill stating that they want to just keep the event to EPCOT. I've noticed the restaurants are doing less Wine Dinners in general lately (Citricos and Flying Fish used to host their own from time to time) so I"m guessing the penny pinchers are winning!

#Victoria&AlbertProblems :P

Total #firstworldproblem, I know! But first world problems are worthy of complaint right?

Hahaha. I am in 2 weeks and I will. I can also ask questions on your behalf. Some chance I may need to cancel but hoping it doesn’t come to that. It’s interesting they chose to go in this direction. I’ve not sat in the dining room before (only Chef’s Table - talk about first world problems!) but as I understand it there used to be some element of choice previously that it doesn’t sound like will exist now.

Agree it’s curious they canceled the festival dinners outside Epcot. I was planning to try to attend one or two this year. On the one hand Disney is adding “up-charge” exclusive events by the dozen but cuts back here? I don’t get it.

Hahaha. I am in 2 weeks and I will. I can also ask questions on your behalf. Some chance I may need to cancel but hoping it doesn’t come to that. It’s interesting they chose to go in this direction. I’ve not sat in the dining room before (only Chef’s Table - talk about first world problems!) but as I understand it there used to be some element of choice previously that it doesn’t sound like will exist now.

Agree it’s curious they canceled the festival dinners outside Epcot. I was planning to try to attend one or two this year. On the one hand Disney is adding “up-charge” exclusive events by the dozen but cuts back here? I don’t get it.

Yes, we plebes got a choice between two menus in the main dining room - :laughing: 7 courses or 10 courses. I can't imagine being able to have 10 courses, 7 was enough to fill me to popping, but in the QVR they only offered the 10 course and it gets amazing reviews so I guess I would have lived! Again, first world problems, for sure.

I still don't understand cancelling the F&W resort dinners unless they were either a.) arranged by some part of the staff that got downsized and disney couldn't manage it anymore or b.) eating into the restaurant's normal revenue? :confused3 They seemed to be very popular. And disney is not a "no thank you, we don't want your money" type of operation. Soooo... :confused:

Yes! I hope you don't end up cancelling. I just want to know what the cost of the Queen Victoria Room is now and how is it different than the main room. The announcements seem to ignore that option!

There did use to be choices in the main dining room for the 7 course menu.

I don't get the cancellation either. It caused us to save some money - I mean, I'm happy with the events I got but would have liked to have some special dinners. I know my husband wouldn't enjoy Omakase at Morimotos so that option is out and I'm not sure if California Grill still does there as I last did that years ago and it hasn't popped up on the boards in years. I know we'll have a great trip either way so I shouldn't complain too much!

Yes, we plebes got a choice between two menus in the main dining room - :laughing: 7 courses or 10 courses. I can't imagine being able to have 10 courses, 7 was enough to fill me to popping, but in the QVR they only offered the 10 course and it gets amazing reviews so I guess I would have lived! Again, first world problems, for sure.

I still don't understand cancelling the F&W resort dinners unless they were either a.) arranged by some part of the staff that got downsized and disney couldn't manage it anymore or b.) eating into the restaurant's normal revenue? :confused3 They seemed to be very popular. And disney is not a "no thank you, we don't want your money" type of operation. Soooo... :confused:

There will be a small lunch prior to a 10 course meal. I love our #firstworldproblems - at least its better than some I hear on Kidd Kraddick's radio bit from time to time.

I don't understand it either! Oh well! Its probably a hassle to arrange so they figured to do less. I do have 3 fun events to go to this year and we're doing universal so not complaining too much! More money for other things...like drunk art purchases or tequila flights or I dunno...stuff!

I'm also interested in the changes to V&A--we have it booked for September in the main dining room, so I'm very curious! Can't wait to hear anything.

I had to cancel my upcoming visit but I did ask about the Q.V. room while I had them on the phone. Same price and menu but more private setting and some tableside elements they’ll be introducing. Not sure what that means in practice but that’s the scoop!

Love it! I will be looking forward to pictures of the boozy art hauls :thumbsup2

Well...the big trip is for 10 days! It would be weird if I didn't have a least one boozy art haul ;)

I'm also interested in the changes to V&A--we have it booked for September in the main dining room, so I'm very curious! Can't wait to hear anything.

The main thread on the board has a little info but not enough for me! I want a real review! Hopefully one comes up before my September trip as I know I won't get to posting it prior to when you leave!

I had to cancel my upcoming visit but I did ask about the Q.V. room while I had them on the phone. Same price and menu but more private setting and some tableside elements they’ll be introducing. Not sure what that means in practice but that’s the scoop!

Aww! Sorry you had to cancel your upcoming visit. I guess I'll wait to make a full decision after my visit in September. For the $1000 it would end up being, I could arrange for a special private dining experience and still have money left over.

Tardy for the party....Another binge read! Shoo, I'm here! Love all of your pre planning! Pop up southern dinner....yum! Fun June trip! I would love to go to V&A! Hubby's not too adventurous and I get a little too excited about food that usually involves humming, swaying in my chair with my eyes closed....tad bit embarrassing for my dining companion lol! Maybe marathon weekend as a birthday gift to me!

Tardy for the party....Another binge read! Shoo, I'm here! Love all of your pre planning! Pop up southern dinner....yum! Fun June trip! I would love to go to V&A! Hubby's not too adventurous and I get a little too excited about food that usually involves humming, swaying in my chair with my eyes closed....tad bit embarrassing for my dining companion lol! Maybe marathon weekend as a birthday gift to me!

You aren't tardy! Trips haven't even happened yet ;).

I think V&A would be a great birthday gift to yourself! Now that someone has posted a response of their experience in July, I'm going to wait until September's visit with my mom to determine if we keep it for November.

2018 Food & Wine Festival Menus & Selections

Bold Means It Will Probably Be The Choice Of The Booth

Luckily, I have two trips for to get around the world and the 2nd trip has many EPCOT days planned!
(GF) indicates Gluten/wheat-friendly
(KA) indicates Kid-approved (Dishes designed with kids in mind.)
(V) indicates Vegetarian

Active Eats
Food:
  • Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions (KA)
  • Spice-crusted Verlasso® Salmon with Warm Lentil Power Salad, Crushed Avocado and Sherry Vinegar (GF)
  • Active Eats Energy Bar Bites: a mixture of Chocolate, Nuts, Dried Fruit and Dates (V) (KA)
Beverages:
  • M.I.A. Beer Company HRD WTR Pineapple Coconut Hard Sparkling Water, Doral, FL
  • L’Ecole No. 41 Chenin Blanc Old Vines, Columbia Valley, WA
  • Evolution by Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, OR
Africa
Food:
  • Berbere-style Beef Tenderloin Tips with Onions, Jalapeños, Tomato and Pap (GF)
  • Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew with Vegan Yogurt and Quinoa (V)
Beverages:
  • Cederberg Chenin Blanc
  • Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz
  • Groot Constantia Pinotage
  • Wine Flight
The Almond Orchard Hosted by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze
Food:
  • Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Pulled Chicken, Toasted Blue Diamond Almonds and Parmesan Cheese served with Nut Thins® Crackers
  • Fire-roasted Tomato Hummus topped with Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Roasted Almonds and served with Blue Diamond Artisan Nut Thins® Multi-seeds Crackers
  • Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae with Fresh Berries and Chocolate Almond Streusel (KA) (V)
Beverages:
  • Almond Breeze Strawberry Smoothie (Non-alcoholic) (KA)
  • Moët & Chandon Imperial Brut Champagne
  • Dom Pérignon Brut Champagne
  • Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Brut Rosé Champagne
Australia
Food:
  • Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas (GF)
  • Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies (GF)
  • Lamington: Yellow Cake Dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut (V)
Beverages:
  • Coopers Brewery Original Pale Ale
  • Hope Estate “Wollombi Brook” Semillon, Hunter Valley
  • Franklin Tate Estates Chardonnay, Margaret River
  • Yangarra Shiraz, McLaren Vale
  • Wine Flight
Belgium
Food:
  • Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes
  • Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream (V) (KA)
  • Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream (V) (KA)
Beverages:
  • Leffe Blonde Belgian Pale Ale (Flight)
  • St. Bernardus Witbier (Flight)
  • St. Bernardus Abt 12 (Flight)
  • Stella Artois Hard Cider
  • Chilled Coffee featuring Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
  • Beer Flight
Brazil
Food:
  • Moqueca: Brazilian Seafood Stew featuring Scallops, Shrimp and White Fish with Coconut-lime Sauce and Steamed Rice
  • Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and Onions (GF)
  • Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (GF) (V) (KA)
Beverages:
  • M.I.A. Beer Company Barbossa Black Beer, Doral, FL
  • Casa Valduga Brut Rosé
  • Quinta do Crasto Duoro Red
  • Frozen Caipirinha featuring LeBlon Cachaça
Brewer’s Collection
Beverages:
  • Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered)
  • Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb
  • Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Pomegranate Beer
  • Beer Flight
Canada
Food:
  • Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll
  • Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce (GF)
Beverages:
  • Moosehead Radler: Lager infused with Grapefruit, Grape and Lemon Juices, New Brunswick
  • Château Des Charmes Equuleus Red Blend, St. David’s Bench
  • Château Des Charmes Vidal Icewine, Niagara-on-the-Lake
The Cheese Studio, Hosted by Boursin® Cheese
Food:
  • Braised Beef Stroganoff with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushroom and Boursin Garlic with Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce (KA)
  • Cheese Trio: Profiterole topped with Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese and Orange Apricot Jam; Smoked Salmon Pinwheel with Boursin Shallot and Chive Cheese and Everything Seasoning; Strawberry Macaron with Boursin Pepper Cheese
  • Maple Bourbon Boursin Cheesecake with Maple Bourbon Cream, Caramel and Pecan Crunch (V)
Beverages:
  • Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Blueberry Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
  • La Crema Pinot Gris, Monterey
  • Domaine Saint André de Figuière Rosé, Côtes de Provence
  • Alta Vista Estate Malbec, Mendoza
China
Food:
  • Xi’an Pancake with Beef
  • Chicken Dumplings with Chinese Slaw (KA)
  • Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun with Hoisin Sauce
  • Black Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Noodles
Beverages:
  • Mango Bubble Tea with Assam Black Tea and Milk (Non-alcoholic)
  • Jasmine Draft Beer
  • Happy Peach: Peach Liqueur and Dark Rum
  • Kung Fu Punch: Vodka and Triple Sec
  • Byejoe Punch: Chinese Bai Jiu Spirit, Lychee, Coconut and Pineapple Juice
  • Honeydew Bai Jiu Cocktail: Chinese Bai Jiu Spirit and Honeydew Syrup
Chocolate Studio
Food:
  • Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel (GF) (KA)
  • Sweet Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart with Whipped Cream (V)
Beverages:
  • Twinings® Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea and Chocolate Shake (Non-alcoholic) (KA)
  • Banfi Rosa Regale Sparkling Red, Piedmont
  • Daou Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles
  • Croft 10 Year Tawny
  • Twinings® Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Frozen Cocktail with Caramel Vodka
Coastal Eats
Food:
  • Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw and Avocado-lemongrass Cream
  • Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip with Sourdough Baguette
  • Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn, Butterbean Succotash and Chili-chipotle Butter Sauce
Beverages:
  • A to Z Wineworks Pinot Gris, Oregon
  • ROCO Gravel Road Pinot Noir, Oregon
Craft Drafts
Beverages:
  • Central 28 Beer Company Waff-Ale, DeBary, FL (Flight 1)
  • Bold City Brewing 1901 Roasted Red Ale, Jacksonville, FL (Flight 1)
  • Florida Beer Company Passport Triple Chocolate Milk Stout, Cape Canaveral, FL (Flight 1)
  • First Magnitude Brewing Co. Lemongrass Saison, Gainesville, FL (Flight 2)
  • JDub’s Brewing Company Honeydew Melon Kölsch, Sarasota, FL (Flight 2)
  • Shipyard Brewing Company Monkey Fist IPA, Clearwater, FL (Flight 2)
  • Your choice of 2 distinctive Beer Flights
Earth Eats (Least Thrilling Booth - Won't Be Drinking Anything Here)
Food:
  • The Steakhouse Blended Burger: Blended Beef and Wild Mushroom Slider with Brie Cheese Fondue, Arugula, Truffle and Blue Cheese Potato Chip on a Brioche Bun
  • The IMPOSSIBLE™ Burger Slider with Wasabi Cream and Spicy Asian Slaw on a Sesame Seed Bun (V)
Beverages:
  • Health-Ade Kombucha Pink Lady Apple
  • Health-Ade Kombucha Pomegranate
  • Health-Ade Kombucha Beet-Lime
  • Kombucha Flight
The Festival Center Wine Shop <– NEW!
Food:
  • Charcuterie Plate: Chefs Selection of Artisanal Meats and Accompaniments
  • La Bottega di BelGioioso® Cheese Plate: Crescenza-Stracchino®, CreamyGorg® Gorgonzola Dolce, and Artigiano® Vino Rosso Cheeses
  • Bloody Mary Seafood Cocktail: Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Mussels, Olive Salad and Crisp Lettuce in a Bloody Mary Vinaigrette
Beverages:
  • Fess Parker Riesling, Santa Barbara County (White Flight)
  • MacMurray Estate Vineyards Pinot Gris, Russian River Valley (White Flight)
  • Silverado Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley (White Flight)
  • Silverado Vineyards Chardonnay, Carneros
  • Kurt Russell’s Gogi Wines “Goldie” Chardonnay, Santa Rita Hills
  • MacMurray Estate Vineyards Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley (Pinot Noir Flight)
  • Kurt Russell’s Gogi Wines “Birdie” Pinot Noir, Santa Rita Hills (Pinot Noir Fight)
  • Skywalker Vineyards Sommita Pinot Noir, Marin County (Pinot Noir Flight)
  • Silverado Vineyards Fantasia Sangiovese Blend, Napa Valley (Red Flight)
  • Chappellet Mountain Cuvée Bordeaux Blend, Napa Valley (Red Flight)
  • Fess Parker Rodney’s Vineyard Syrah, Santa Barbara County (Red Flight)
  • Frank Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
  • White Flight
  • Pinot Noir Flight
  • Red Flight
Flavors from Fire
Food:
  • Piggy Wings: Roasted Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds (KA)
  • Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso® Romano and American Grana Cheeses
  • Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak on a Smoked Corn Cake with Pickled Vegetable Slaw and Cilantro Aïoli
  • Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder and Mango
Beverages:
  • Orlando Brewery Smokin’ Blackwater Porter
  • Michael David Winery 7 Deadly Zins Zinfandel, Lodi
  • Swine Brine featuring Jim Beam Bourbon
France
Food:
  • Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley
  • Carbonade de Boeuf, Purée de Pommes de Terre: Beer-braised Beef with Bacon, Onion and Mashed Potatoes
  • Crème Brûlée à la Confiture de Framboises: Crème Brûlée with House-made Raspberry Jam (V) (GF) (KA)
Beverages:
  • La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice
  • Chardonnay, Le Vieux Manoir
  • Cabernet Sauvignon, Village la Tourelle, Bordeaux
  • St-Germain Sparkling Kir: Sparkling Wine and St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
  • Kronenbourg Blanc 1664 Pale Lager
Germany
Food:
  • Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese (KA)
  • Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll (KA)
  • Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce (V) (KA)
Beverages:
  • Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered)
  • Carl Graff Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spätlese, Mosel (Flight)
  • J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Kabinett, Mosel (Flight)
  • Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Himmelreich Riesling Kabinett Halbtrocken, Mosel (Flight)
  • Villa Wolf Pinot Noir, Pfalz
  • Riesling Flight
Greece
Food:
  • Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles and Vegan Tzatziki (V) (KA)
  • Taste of Greece: Chicken Souvlaki, Feta Cheese Dip with Warm Pita and Lamb Sausage with a Dill Tomato Ragu
  • Spanakopita: Greek Spinach Pie (V)
  • Bougatsa: Warm Phyllo Dough Strudel with Sweet Vanilla Custard, Lemon Honey Syrup and Cinnamon (V) (KA)
Beverages:
  • Domaine Skouras Moscofilero, Peloponnese
  • Domaine Sigalas Assyrtiko, Santorini
  • Argyros Atlantis Red Blend, Santorini
  • Wine Flight
Hawai’i
Food:
  • Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise (KA)
  • Grilled Tuna Tataki with Seaweed Salad, Pickled Cucumbers and Wasabi Cream
  • Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers, Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise
  • Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts (V)
Beverages:
  • Maui Brewing Company Bikini Blonde Lager
  • Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
  • Mai Tai with Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum and DOLE Pineapple Juice
Hops & Barley
Food:
  • New England Lobster Roll: Warm Lobster with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise and Griddled Roll
  • New Brunswick Slider: Slow-braised Beef Brisket “Pot Roast Style” with Horseradish Cream and Crispy Fried Onions on a Potato Roll with Pickled Vegetables on the side
  • Freshly Baked Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing (V) (KA)
Beverages:
  • North Coast Bewing Co. Blue Star Wheat, Fort Bragg, CA (Flight)
  • 3 Daughters Brewing A Wake Coffee Blonde Ale, St. Petersburg, FL (Flight)
  • Heavy Seas AmeriCannon APA, Baltimore, MD (Flight)
  • Angry Orchard Rosé Hard Cider, Walden, NY
  • Mer Soleil Reserve Chardonnay, Santa Lucia Highlands
  • Broadside Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles
  • Beer Flight
India
Food:
  • Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips (V) (KA)
  • Madras Red Curry with Roasted Cauliflower, Baby Carrots, Chickpeas and Basmati Rice (V) (GF)
  • Korma Chicken with Cucumber Tomato Salad, Almonds, Cashews and Warm Naan Bread
Beverages:
  • Mango Lassi (Non-alcoholic) (KA)
  • Godfather Lager
  • Sula Chenin Blanc, Nashik
  • Sula Shiraz, Nashik
  • Mango Lassi with Sōmrus Indian Cream Liqueur
Ireland
Food:
  • Roasted Irish Sausage with Colcannon Potatoes and Onion Gravy
  • Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread (V)
  • Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard
Beverages:
  • Guinness Foreign Extra Stout
  • Bunratty Meade Honey Wine
  • Guinness Baileys Shake
Islands of the Caribbean
Food:
  • Ropa Vieja Empanada with Tomato Aïoli (KA)
  • Jerk-spiced Chicken Lollipop with Roasted Sweet Plantain Salad and Mango Chutney Yogurt
  • Quesito: Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce (V) (KA)
Beverages:
  • Red Stripe Lager
  • Caribbean White Sangria
  • Frozen Mojito
Italy
Food:
  • Fritto Misto: Crispy Shrimp, Zucchini and Sweet Potatoes with a Spicy Sauce
  • Pollo Alla Cacciatora: Braised Chicken Thigh, Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Parmesan Polenta
  • Mezzi Rigatoni: Vodka Sauce, Crispy Pancetta and Parmesan Cheese (KA)
  • Cannoli: Cannoli filled with Sweet Ricotta, Chocolate and Candied Fruit (KA)
Beverages:
  • Moretti Lager
  • Moretti La Rossa Double Malt
  • Placido Pinot Grigio
  • Placido Chianti
  • Villa Sandi Prosecco
  • Montegrande Corbinello Spumante Dolce
  • Fior d’Arancio Montegrande Moscato
  • Frozen Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila
Japan
Food:
  • Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and a Sweet Teriyaki Sauce (KA)
  • Beef Nigiri topped with Shrimp Sauce and Diced Pickled Jalapeños (GF)
  • Spicy Roll: Tuna and Salmon topped with Volcano Sauce
Beverages:
  • Kirin Ichiban Lager
  • Ozeki Rai Sake
  • Fuji Apple Cocktail: Sake, Peach Schnapps and Green Apple Syrup
Light Lab
Beverages:
  • Phosphorescent Phreeze (KA)
  • InfraRED (KA)
  • UltraVIOLET (KA)
  • Bleu Spectrum: Blanc de Bleu Cuvée Mousseux with Boba Pearls
  • Original Sin Dry Rosé Hard Cider, New York, NY (Cider Flight)
  • 3 Daughters Brewing Blueberry Peppercorn Hard Cider, St. Petersburg, FL (Cider Flight)
  • Ciderboys Zen Berry Hard Cider, Stevens Point, WI (Cider Flight)
  • Playalinda Brewing Co. Red Cherry Tart, Titusville, FL (RGB Flight)
  • GrassLands Brewing Company Green Kiwi Blonde, Tallahassee, FL (RGB Flight)
  • M.I.A. Beer Company Blue-berry Golden Ale, Doral, FL (RGB Flight)
  • Cider Flight
  • RGB Flight
Mexico
Food:
  • Short Rib Tostada: Corn Tortilla topped with Short Ribs, Black Beans, Salsa Verde and Spring Onion
  • Shrimp Quesadilla: Corn Tortilla with Shrimp, Oaxaca Cheese and topped with Spicy Guajillo Sauce and Sesame Seeds
  • Coconut Rice Pudding served with Mango Coulis (GF) (V)
Beverages:
  • Cerveza Por Favor: Dos Equis Draft Beer with a hint of Almond
  • Mariachi Loco: Margarita with Libelula Tequila Joven, Mango Purée and Chamoy
  • Ay Caramba: Smoky Margarita with Gracias A Dios Mezcal, Lime Juice and Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur
  • La Chancla: Red Wine Sangria mixed with Fruit Juice
  • El Padrino: Blackberry Mexican Punch with Velo Blanco Tequila
Morocco
Food:
  • Kefta Pocket: Seasoned Ground Beef in a Pita Pocket (KA)
  • Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce (V)
  • Chocolate Baklava: Rolled Phyllo Dough with Toasted Almonds and Dark Chocolate Sauce
Beverages:
  • Casa Pale Lager
  • Kasbah Prestige Red Wine
  • Mimosa Royale: Sparkling Wine and Orange Juice topped with Orange Liqueur
  • Red Organic Sangria
New Zealand
Food:
  • Steamed Green Lip Mussels with Garlic Butter and Toasted Breadcrumbs
  • Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney
  • Seared Venison Sausage with Kumara Purée and Wild Mushroom Marsala Sauce
Beverages:
  • Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough
  • Antmoore Wineworks MOKOblack Pinot Noir, Marlborough
  • Frozen Wine Cocktail featuring Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
Refreshment Outpost
Food:
  • Spicy Hot Dog with Kimchi and Mustard Sauce
Beverages:
  • Bain’s Cape Mountain Whisky & Frozen Coke
Refreshment Port
Food:
  • Beef Brisket Poutine: French Fries with Beef Brisket, Beer Cheese Sauce and Poutine Gravy topped with Crispy Onions
  • Sweet Potato Poutine: Sweet Potato Fries with Caramel Sauce, Mini Marshmallows and Pecans (V)
  • Pineapple Soft-Serve Ice Cream (V)
  • Pineapple Soft-Serve Ice Cream with Bacardi Coconut Rum
Shimmering Sips Mimosa Bar <– NEW!
Food:
  • Chocolate Croissant: Flaky Croissant stuffed with Chocolate
  • Almond Croissant: Flaky Croissant topped with Toasted Almonds
  • Jumbo Blueberry Muffin with Streusel Topping
  • Cheese Danish with Sweet Icing
Beverages:
  • Frozen Apple Pie (Non-alcoholic) (KA)
  • Tropical Mimosa with Sparkling Wine and Pomegranate, Orange and Grapefruit Juices
  • Key Lime Mimosa with Key Lime Sparkling Wine and Cranberry Juice
  • Blood Orange Mimosa with Sparkling Wine and Blood Orange Juice
  • Madras Mimosa with Cranberry Sparkling Wine and Orange Juice
  • Fromosa: Frozen Mimosa featuring White Claw Lime Hard Seltzer
  • Joffrey’s Cold Brew Coffee
Spain
Food:
  • Charcuterie in a Cone with imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses and Olives with an Herb Vinaigrette
  • Spanish-style Paella with Chorizo and Roasted Chicken
  • Seafood Salad with Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Mussels, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar and Smoked Paprika (GF)
Beverages:
  • Lagar de Bouza Albariño, Rías Baixas
  • Casa Castillo Monastrell, Jumilla
  • Espelt Garnacha Old Vines, Catalonia
  • Wine Flight also available
Thailand
Food:
  • Marinated Chicken with Peanut Sauce and Stir-fried Vegetables (KA)
  • Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake with Cold Noodle Salad
  • Red Hot Spicy Thai Curry Beef with Steamed Rice
Beverages:
  • Singha Lager
  • Maison Willm Gewürztraminer, Alsace
Wine and Dine Studio
Food:
  • Seared Scallops, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussels Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms featuring Melissa’s Produce
  • Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Vinaigrette, Parmesan Cheese and Pumpkin Seeds (V) (KA)
  • Trio of Artisan Cheese featuring La Bottega di BelGioioso® Cheeses (V)
    • La Bottega di BelGioioso Crescenza-Stracchino®
    • La Bottega di BelGioioso CreamyGorg® Gorgonzola Dolce
    • La Bottega di BelGioioso Artigiano® Vino Rosso
  • Artist Palette of Wine and Cheese
    • Trio of Artisan Cheese paired with Rainstorm Silver Linings Pinot Noir Rosé, Reata Chardonnay and Spellbound Petite Sirah
Beverages:
  • Reata Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast
  • Rainstorm Silver Linings Pinot Noir Rosé, Oregon
  • Spellbound Petite Sirah, California
Additional Festival Locations
Block & Hans
Beverages:
  • Dogfish Head Brewery 60 Minute IPA, Milton, DE
  • Ciderboys Strawberry Magic Hard Cider, Stevens Point, WI
  • Full Sail Brewing Co. Blood Orange Wheat, Hood River, OR
  • Karbach Brewing Co. Love Street Kölsch Style Blonde, Houston, TX
  • Big Top Brewing Company Hawaiian Lion Coconut and Coffee Porter, Sarasota, FL
  • Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co. Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Lexington, KY
Fife & Drum Tavern
Beverages:
  • Hanson Brother’s Beer Company Mmmhops Pale Ale Tulsa, OK
Funnel Cake Stand in American Adventure Pavilion
Food:
  • Maple Bacon Funnel Cake topped with Candied Bacon (KA)
Joffreys Coffee and Tea: Coffee Carts
Beverages:
  • The American Adventure: Fire and Ice: Frozen Lemon with Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
  • Canada: Riviera Sunrise: Frozen Orange Pineapple with Grand Marnier
  • Showcase Plaza: Wild Goose: Frozen Wild Berry Acai with Grey Goose Vodka
  • Future World East: Fast Lane: Frozen Cappuccino with Brown Jug Bourbon Cream
Taste Track
Food:
  • Croissant Doughnut Tossed in Cinnamon Sugar (KA)
  • Croissant Doughnut with Chocolate and Marshmallows (KA)
  • Croissant Doughnut with Chocolate Hazelnut Cream (KA)
  • Croissant Doughnut with Sprinkles (KA)
  • Add Chocolate, Hazelnut, White Chocolate Raspberry or Vanilla Bean Gelato for an additional charge
Beverages:
  • Pancake Milkshake (KA)
The Chocolate Experience
Beverages:
  • Banfi Rosa Regale Sparkling Red, Piedmont
  • Ghirardelli® Drinking Chocolate (Non-alcoholic)

I like your lineup for the festival! It was fun to see what you are interested in versus what we chose. Looks like you've picked out something from every booth whereas we skipped a few. Can't wait to hear back from your September trip and see what you enjoyed!

I like your lineup for the festival! It was fun to see what you are interested in versus what we chose. Looks like you've picked out something from every booth whereas we skipped a few. Can't wait to hear back from your September trip and see what you enjoyed!

We do have some similar and very different choices! We do pick something from every booth - but I have two trips planned and probably about 10 days worth of festival EPCOT visits so gotta have a mission! I"m so excited for September! Not much left for planning between these two trips!

Bonus Content - Wedding & Britney Spears

On July 19th, we headed up to Wausau, Wisconsin for the wedding of my husband’s best friend and his fiance (who also used to work with my husband) Originally, we were supposed to arrive around 4:30PM but because of a nasty line of storms going through the Midwest - we didn’t arrive in Chicago until well after our connecting flight was to occur. Luckily, United got us on the American Airlines flight that was leaving at like 10PM so we could make it into Wausau that day. Our other option would have ended up getting a rental car and driving. We arrived at the hotel a little before midnight and we crashed. I did at least get to get yummy popcorn in Chicago!

J467RBg.jpg

The next morning, the groom came over and was able to give my husband his suit since he was unable to pick it up previously. They would be getting ready together around noon at the hotel we were staying at. Glad they got ready together as they were able to switch each other pants so that they fit better. The wedding itself was lovely and the reception was at a local brewery called Great Dane. There even was a Great Dane puppy hanging out up front but I didn’t get a photo of him. I think I ended up having 8 lemon shandies by the end of the night but as we just had to walk back to the hotel, that was ok!

LtNR5jl.jpg

0aKeaBq.jpg

HEmJ32E.jpg

qV5EIRj.jpg

We had an early morning the next day as our flight home left Wausau at 5:50AM. We were home a little after noon that Saturday! I wish we would have had a little more time to enjoy Wisconsin but oh well!

The next weekend, I had a concert in Hollywood, FL. My friend Betsy flew down from Boston for a fun girls’ weekend! I picked her up from the airport Friday at 11AM and we headed to our hotel. Our room was ready so we got settled in before heading to lunch. We walked to a local place called Gigi’s where the service was bleh but the food was great. I had lots of Frose (no shock to @Keels, I’m sure!) I also love shrimp and tuna so it was a great lunch.

4g4zKiz.jpg

QE3x7C2.jpg

3hc93t2.jpg

OdaRyjp.jpg

L7wiJ9d.jpg

cmiGY92.jpg

We headed back to the hotel with a very strange Uber driver (it had started to rain) so we could take a nap before heading to South Beach for dinner that evening. Betsy hadn’t been to this part of Miami before so it would be fun to see the real atmosphere there. We went to Sugar Factory as its probably one of the more well known places on Ocean Drive nowadays and it has some fun drinks! Betsy got one of the iconic bowls but as I was driving, I behaved and just got a martini. I did get an over the top milkshake I couldn’t even eat a third of as it was too much! Too bad my husband wasn’t there to enjoy it with me as I know he would have no problem finishing it off!

CVzjZME.mp4

q6ie4E0.jpg

HvtxQt2.jpg

We slept in until we naturally woke up - which was all of 7AM. We slowly got moving and decided to eat breakfast at a cute local restaurant where I had a sprinkle donut and a buffalo chicken sandwich as that totally sounds like breakfast right? Once we returned back to the hotel post breakfast, we headed to the pool to relax for a couple hours. We stayed until a little after noon when it became too hot and too crowded to really enjoy our pool, smoothie, drink, layout cycle. We knew we had a dinner reservation that was early so we skipped lunch. A little after 3PM, we headed by Uber to Hard Rock Hollywood for dinner, casino time and Britney Spears. Our dinner was at Council Oak and it was excellent! I would totally recommend it to anyone looking for a nice relaxing dinner.

wCJDptf.jpg

oDSAtE8.jpg

u5dfdTm.jpg

rhDYWwN.jpg

g22ehVK.jpg

frDHuEC.jpg

After dinner, we played penny slots at the casino. I lost money. Betsy ended up winning like $70 when all was said and done! It was a good way to spend time before the concert. The concert let us into the venue at 7PM and we had fun. Our seats were pretty decent. I was really glad I didn’t have floor seats as that would have been hard to see behind people. It was a lot of fun! She put on a good show even if it was a bit robotic for her but I wouldn’t expect much else considering I know she is probably heavily medicated.

dV4dEIO.jpg

6tuhRRT.jpg

AXvv3vf.jpg

After the show, we Ubered back to our hotel for the night and had another breakfast the next morning before Betsy had to fly back to Boston and I drove back home. It was a successful weekend!​

What a whirlwind trip to WI - so glad you made it for the wedding! Your girls weekend looks and sounds like it was a blast. The little girl’s face looking at your shake is priceless. Back to F&W, you’ve got a great list pulled together. I can’t believe it starts in ~3 weeks! I’m toying with a day trip opening weekend but will have to see about the weather... as much as I love the festival, in feels-like 100+ temps it’s a challenge.

I love that I feel like I got you hooked on frosé!

It is partially your fault. If I hadn't gone to Hurricane Hannah's, I wouldn't be getting them as much!

What a whirlwind trip to WI - so glad you made it for the wedding! Your girls weekend looks and sounds like it was a blast. The little girl’s face looking at your shake is priceless. Back to F&W, you’ve got a great list pulled together. I can’t believe it starts in ~3 weeks! I’m toying with a day trip opening weekend but will have to see about the weather... as much as I love the festival, in feels-like 100+ temps it’s a challenge.

It was a whirlwind! So tiring! We still have their wedding gift sitting on my kitchen table. We need to get that handed off to them!

It was so much fun for the Girl's Weekend.

F&W will be so much fun. Labor Day Weekend is going to end up being so hot especially with the lack of the Chase Visa lounge. I'm not walking back up front for the DVC lounge. If you end up going, let me know! We will be there on August 31st!

Trip #2 - ADR/Plans Changes

Changes! These were adjusted due to special events for Food & Wine Festival, the date set for Universal Studios/Islands of Adventures and finally making park decision days as the hours are out.

We also added two special events...

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 5.32.12 PM.png

&

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 6.53.16 PM.png

The more I thought about it - the more it made sense to cancel V&A Queen Victoria Room. I had talked to my husband about the changes and he rather spend that money next year in France. This is still another special event that we could still get a DVC/AP discount on! $305.98 sounds much better than $1000+!

Reservations Cancelled:
November 4th - 7:30PM - Tutto Italia
November 5th - 5:10PM - Homecomin’ Dinner
November 6th - 11:20AM - Beaches & Cream Soda Shop Lunch
November 6th - 6:35PM - Citricos Dinner
November 7th - 12:15PM - Hollywood Brown Derby
November 8th - 5:50PM - Yachtsman
November 9th - 12:00PM - Teppan Edo
November 10th - 11:30AM - Tiffins
November 10th - 5:30PM - Victoria & Albert’s Queen Victoria Room

Reservations Changed/Added:
November 4th - Star Wars Dessert Party 7PM
November 7th - Flying Fish from 5:50PM to 6:45PM
November 9th - Candy Sushi Making 5:30PM
November 9th - Il Mulino Changed from 6:00PM to 7:15PM
November 10th - Evening Safari Experience 5:15PM​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter