“Let’s Bring It Back from the Beginning, Start from the Top!” A Nov 2017 TR COMPLETED 7/15/18

Day 2 Part 3 -- Aimless Wandering and Snap Decisions
So, what to do? We had pretty much accomplished everything we had set out to do that day and it was only 3:40. We had just one fast pass for Soarin' and it wasn't going to come up for a while. So, we thought to head to Test Track to go through the single rider line.

Why do we look so grouchy?

At least Kyle looks like he's having some fun.
So, as I said, we were very. . . inefficient at this point. I really wanted a very specific treat in France. So we rode one of the boats across the water to the dock in France.

And I was ready for some ice cream.

This macaron ice cream sandwich was amazing. I got the strawberry and cream variety. It was perfectly chewy and creamy and refreshing. This should be on your Disney snack bucket list if it isn't already. Kyle got the chocolate one. And Jacob got a cone. Here's a picture of him looking rather uncomfortable eating his.

So, where to next? Why, back to Future World, again.
Our fastpass for Soarin' was approaching, but we decided we would squeeze in Living with the Land before it. I only got but this one picture of the ride, apparently.

And here we are, about to get on Soarin'. We used the "grace period" and checked in for our fast pass a minute or two after it was supposed to expire.

We had good, middle of the theater seats. I kept getting startled by the scene changes. I don't know why they had to use jump scares, like an eagle flying in my face or a whale splashing me.
I enjoyed thoroughly my time in the Land pavilion.

We had time for one more ride before dinner, so we decided to embrace our imaginations. '

I'm sorry, Figment lovers, the purple dragon is just not for me. He's annoying and he's not even very cute to look at. I defend the ride and like the concept of Epcot having its own original character, but I have to say, it's not my favorite, not at all.
On the way out, though, we bought a mystery pin box with hot air balloons and we got one with Mickey and one with Minnie. It was really excellent luck! We also took an opportunity to use the photo booth!

Then it was time for our dining reservation. In fact, we had lingered too long and may have been a little late. So we booked it around WS to Japan for our dinner reservation!

Day 2 Part 4 -- Tomo, the most Meme-ing Chef Ever
We waited a little while for our Tepan Edo dinner reservation, and we were a little late. I think our reservation was at 7 or 7:10. We waited probably 20 minutes to be seated, and our hostess was confused as to where we would sit. Our waiter was really cute and good. I don't really like hibachi back home, so I was skeptical, even though I was the one who chose the place. I decided to get the combination of Chicken and Steak. My life was changed by this hibachi, though.

Not only was it delicious, but it was genuinely entertaining. Our chef, Tomo, was hilarious. He dabbed, he made a Paula Dean butter joke, he referenced salt bae.
Salt-Bae-790x790.jpg

There was an Asain man sitting at the other end of the table and Tomo asked him, "are you Japanese." The man replied that he was and Tomo said, "ME TOO!" It was amazing. He drew Mickey Mouse with oil on the grill and told us it was in his contract to do it with the straightest monotone voice I had ever heard. I loved it.
The one unfortunate thing was how long it took us to get the check and pay and leave. For Jacob and I, it was not a big deal, but Kyle had already watched Illuminations the night before and he wanted to get to the MK to watch Happily Ever After. We were fools and did not know how long it would take on the monorail to get over there. He only had like 30 minutes by the time we paid and left.
Anyway, Jacob and I found a spot for the show and Jacob ran to go buy a Epcot 35th jacket he had seen earlier that day while I held our spot. He was cold. Then, he called me on his way back and told me had had found a better spot, so I went to meet him. Somewhere in the vicinity of Canada, I think.

Sadly, that's the best shot I was able to get of the whole show. Hopefully next time I go to WDW, I'll have a nicer camera than just the one on my phone. Illuminations was alright. Maybe we didn't have the best view, but it was better than Kyle's horrible view of Happily Ever After. He only managed to make it to the TTC before the show started, so he watched it from the boat dock there. Then he rode the monorail to MK so he could get some ice cream at the Plaza ice cream parlor.

He took this picture of the contemporary resort as he was going by on the monorail.
And here's his sundae:

Meanwhile, Jacob and I were heading out of Epcot.

Everyone can admire Jacob's new jacket.
And this excellent picture I took of Spaceship Earth.

When we made it back to the resort, I believe I was able to get a stamp from our hotel gift shop to send the post card to the family from church. And we finally picked up our resort mugs. Which we did not lose, but we never really used. That seems to be the key to hanging on to those things.
Kyle met us and we made some agreement to meet for breakfast the next morning for a rope drop day at Magic Kingdom.

We are headed to POFQ in 2-1/2 weeks!!!! I can't wait to try the beignets. How were they? Any other food suggestions from the food quart there?
Yes, they were good, but not like amazing. I mean, it's all about the powdered sugar. I would say it's worth trying for sure.

I think we need to do this on our trip. We have only done the fastness line. I want to see Wanderen Oaken's Trading Post.
Yeah, it was a really fun queue to walk through, so it wasn't so bad that we changed our fastpass.
Great Pic! You guys all look so happy!
Thanks!
ha! The table is really nice! It would make a great backyard patio table!
I agree. It would be a really good patio table. It was really in an open air foyer kind of area, so it was perfect.

Day 3 Part 1 -- The BIGGEST Disappointment
We started this day as every other: Early. I am not a morning person,, but I adapt at Disney. I wanted to snap a picture of the view out of our room and got a lovely panoramic.

We met Kyle in the food court for some breakfast. I decided to get a chocolate croissant this morning and it was really quite good. This was actually a better chocolate croissant than the one I would get later in the week in France. . .
So after breakfast, we headed out for rope drop at Magic Kingdom. I don't really think we made it as early as we would have liked, and this is my fault. Like I said, not a morning person, but we still got all the benefits of rope drop, just no morning show.
We started with Peter Pan. I didn't really get any pictures on the ride, but I got this shot of the ride queue:

I like this ride, but I do not at all understand why it is so popular. Even during these low-crowd days, the queue would build to an hour or so in the afternoon. So it was definitely good to head here first.
Then we made our way to meet some of the first face-characters. Kyle was really hesitant, but I was excited. We were going to meet Tiana and Rapunzel and I was wearing Rapunzel-themed Minnie Mouse ears.
But, tragedy strikes!! This was the absolute worst thing to happen to us on the trip. (Which, I think, indicates what a good trip we had.)
Tiana was there!

But Rapunzel? Who I had gotten all dressed up to see? My favorite Princess? . . .

Yeah, that ain't her. And we checked back throughout the day to see if she would ever show. But she never did. All dressed up for nothing! Ariel was very nice though and seemed to understand that I was disappointed, judging by my outfit.
But I did make sure to get a picture as we "passed by" in front of the Tangled restrooms.

Next up on the docket was Pirates of the Caribbean! But. . . Apparently Capt. Jack was being a diva that morning and was unwilling to perform for us all. So we decided to enjoy one of Adventureland's most classic attractions: Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room!

Talk about a great song! We almost had a private viewing as well, since the only other people in there were a man and his son. When we got out of the Tiki Room, Pirates was still down, so we decided to get some Dole Whip!

I got the pineapple upside down cake version, which was quite good. If it were summer, I may just get the soft serve, but since we don't have any self-control, we got the cake too.
When we finished up with our treat, Pirates was back up so we headed right to it!

No offense to other trip reporters, but I notice how in most people's pictures, everyone in the boat looks so bored. So I tried really hard to make sure I was making a nice expression for the photo.
After the ride, we perused the gift shop for a bit.

My brother made us get this picture, and honestly, what a great call! This is one of my favorite pictures from this trip.
So we were a little ahead of schedule. Our first fast pass window had just opened, but while we were already in Adventureland, I figured we could do at least one more ride. So we enjoyed a first round on the Jungle (or should I say Jingle?) Cruise.

So Festive!

Our Skipper was quite good, but I had already heard most if not all of the jokes already from a YouTuber's video. So I was a little disappointed. I feel like I learned a lesson, though. Go in as fresh as possible!

Last edited:
Your trip sounds like so much fun! I'm really enjoying following along. We stayed at POFQ for our first trip too, and we loved it :)

We elected to undergo the more intense mission. They REALLY want you to know how violently sick, disoriented, and dead it may potentially make you. But I ain't no wimp, so we were briefed and ready for our mission.
Can't agree with this enough! They really try to scare you away--when we were waiting for it, all the warnings made this one kid super scared. He ended up leaving 'cause he got so scared from the warnings!

ke I said, not a morning person, but we still got all the benefits of rope drop, just no morning show.
You didn't miss much with the morning show.

But, tragedy strikes!! This was the absolute worst thing to happen to us on the trip. (Which, I think, indicates what a good trip we had.)
Tiana was there!
Ha! :rotfl2:

But I did make sure to get a picture as we "passed by" in front of the Tangled restrooms.
This is an awesome picture!

I got the pineapple upside down cake version, which was quite good.
I think this needs to go on our must try list for this trip.

No offense to other trip reporters, but I notice how in most people's pictures, everyone in the boat looks so bored. So I tried really hard to make sure I was making a nice expression for the photo.
I am not even sure I know where the camera is for this one. Which I feel is the reason this particular ride has terrible photos.

My brother made us get this picture, and honestly, what a great call! This is one of my favorite pictures from this trip.
I love your face in this picture!

Your trip sounds like so much fun! I'm really enjoying following along. We stayed at POFQ for our first trip too, and we loved it
:welcome:Thanks for reading along!
Thanks!

You didn't miss much with the morning show.
Well, good news. . . I caught the show later in the trip (and I agree)

This is an awesome picture!
Thank you! I felt pretty cute. . .
I think this needs to go on our must try list for this trip.
I recommend it to try, but I don't think that it's better than just plain dole whip, to be honest.

I am not even sure I know where the camera is for this one. Which I feel is the reason this particular ride has terrible photos.
Yeah. . . I would agree.
I love your face in this picture!
I do too! I just went for it.

Day 3 Part 2 -- The Most Exciting Attractions on the Frontier
I totally forgot in my last update that at some point we rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, but we didn't take any pictures of it and rode it on a total whim. I want to say it was after Peter Pan or maybe the Princesses, while we were waiting for Pirates to open, which would make sense. . .

ANYWAY.

Where we last left off, we had just finished a journey around some famous rivers of the world. And it was time to make our way toward our first fastpass of the day, which is my 3rd favorite ride at Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain. But my brother had to go somewhere, which left Jacob and I to decide how we wanted to kill some time on the way to Tomorrowland.
So we decided to get a photopass shot of the castle.

This photopass photographer was funny, if not a little unprofessional. He asked me about my ears and I told him the sad story of how Rapunzel was nowhere to be found. He asked me who was there to replace her. And when I told him it was Ariel, he became very flustered. He complained that the mermaid version of Ariel was in her grotto and that there was no way she could be at the princess hall, with her feet no less, at the same time. I tried to keep it light, and joked that her father, King Triton, must have been helping her out.
Anyway, Kyle had still not returned nor given us the go-ahead to meet him at Space Mountain, so we stopped to meet a different red-head, Merida! In line in front of us was a family with two little daughters and a toddlery son. He was climbing and hanging all over the stones lining the queue, and as I watched him, I just knew he would get hurt. It was only a matter of time. The mom was not paying attention to him, she was giving her daughters ideas of what to talk to Merida about. And sure enough, right as it was their turn, the little boy fell and started sobbing. Then he refused to be in a picture with her. It was great.
Then, it was our turn!

When we told her we were from Ohio, she asked if we had had any snow yet. We said no, and discussed snow ball fights. I asked who would win, her or her brothers. She said she has better accuracy, but that her head, with all that hair, makes her a pretty big target. Plus her brothers gang up on her. It was a pretty good meet and I was glad Kyle wasn't with us as he has no idea who she is and continued to refer to her as "Brave-girl."
Anyway, Kyle was ready for us to check in for our Space Mountain fastpass now and we met him there.

Glad I had shorts on under my dress for this ride!
While we were in Tomorrowland, I grabbed a pepper jack pretzel, which was sooooooo good. Then we decided to head to an attraction that I was clueless about, but it was on my list: Monster's Inc Laugh Floor.

We didn't have to wait to long before the show, which was actually pretty darn funny! I was really shocked at how good it was and was probably the surprise highlight of the day. I don't know if it would be as enjoyable the second time if the jokes are pretty similar, but I really liked it for a first time.
So, at this point, it was time for our next fastpass, back at the Jungle/Jingle Cruise.

I actually liked it a little better the second time around because the Skipper this time told a few jokes the first Skipper didn't so I heard some new jokes that hadn't been spoiled by the Youtube video I had watched. My brother disagreed because he said it was all the same to him and the jokes were funnier the first time around, but he hadn't spoiled himself in the first place like I had.
Our lunch reservation was coming up, but we decided to do one last thing before we went. The highly exciting, thrilling, stair climbing adventure. That's right, Swiss Family Robinson Tree House! Woohoo.

I almost had a good time!
So, we made our way to Crystal Palace and waited for our name to be called. During our wait, Mickey's Friendship Faire stage show was going on and was just visible from the restaurant. It was not really a good view all the way from CP, but at least I kind of got to see it.
Then it was on to the main event! Pooh and friends. I love these characters and we had a great time meeting them! The characters came around really quickly for us, so we did kind of have to rush a bit to get our food before they arrived at our table. Tigger came around first.

He was pretty fun, but the next visitor was a little lack-luster. . .

It felt a little like he was rushing to get to the next group and he didn't really react when I told him that pink is my favorite color. . .
Pooh came next.

Jacob looks like he's in such wonder, lol.

By this time, we had mostly eaten all that we wanted to eat. I will say the salads were good as well as the mashed potatoes. Dessert was just okay, but still good.
The last friend to visit us was my favorite of the meal. Eeyore.

Normally, I'm not an Eeyore girl, but he was so cute! I told him he seemed to be in a good mood and he twirled his little tail around for us.

He also made a crude representation of his little house out of one of our knives and a napkin.
So, we finished our Friendship Day celebration and were going to our final fast pass of the day!

I LOVE this ride photo. It looks like an advertisement.
Our next stop of the day was another big winner along the lines of Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. We rode the raft to Tom Sawyer's island.

We kind of split up for bathroom breaks and exploration of the island. We were there on the island for what felt like ages. It was not crowded or anything, so it was like we had it to ourselves, but it is kind of boring after about 3 minutes.
When we got back off of the Island we walked back to the Frontierland train station to ride the train up to the front of the park.

It was roughly 3:15 or so, I suppose, and we decided it was time to make our way out. There was a brief dispute between me and my brother. I wanted to go back to the resort and swim and relax and he wanted to go directly to Hollywood Studios. Find out soon who won this argument!

Last edited:
Day 3 Part 3 -- Glasses on Glasses on Glasses
I got my way and we headed back to the resort for some fun at the pool. Kyle did not bring a swimsuit and so opted just to nap in his room. I wanted to be on the way to HS by around 6, I think, so I was pretty relaxed. (My mistake.) I changed into my suit and (sort of) enjoyed the pool. Honestly, it was too cold to really enjoy. The pool wasn't really heated well enough.

We enjoyed the hot tub a lot more than the pool, even if the slide was fun. Jacob and I had some fun taking pictures on the way back to our room.

We went back to the room, relaxed a bit, then got ready to head to Hollywood Studios, mostly for the purposes of seeing Fantasmic, but we figured we would enjoy at least a ride or two first! We got a fastpass for the show earlier in the day.
I feel bad about this now. We didn't really check what wait times were like in HS before we left MK or while we were at the resort. Kyle really wanted to ride Tower of Terror, but by the time we got to the park, the wait was almost an hour and a half and we would not be able to ride it before our Fantasmic fastpass. So I got my resort break, but Kyle never got to ride one of the best rides in WDW.
Before we rode anything, I believe Kyle stood in the popcorn line to get the Christmas Pluto popcorn bucket.
So with no ride on Tower of Terror, instead we went to Star Tours. The castmember at the front of the queue stopped us and asked us some Star Wars trivia. She said "Other than Luke Skywalker, Anakin or Yoda, name another Jedi." I quickly replied with "Mace Windu," and she permitted us to the fastpass line. Jacob was flummoxed as he is the Star Wars fan among us, but he got nervous, I guess.
This was like, the day before they switched the ride to tie into The Last Jedi. (Jacob and I would ride Star Tours twice on our full HS day, both times with the new story, and I liked the show this day better).
Then we had time just enough to watch Muppet Vision 3D before Fantasmic.

I hate wearing 3D glasses over my regular glasses, and I had to do it twice this evening! But my eyes were getting quite tired of contacts, so you gotta do what you gotta do.

So, before Fantasmic was to begin, we really needed a snack. Jacob and I hunted down the carrot cake cookie to share during the show (and boy oh boy it was good). Kyle got a popcorn refill, which they didn't actually put in the Pluto bucket but just gave him in a box. Then he dropped it on the sidewalk as we walked into the amphitheater.
I love Fantasmic. It is my favorite nighttime show, I think. (But to be honest, ROL, HEA and Fantasmic are all very good).

Unfortunately, the show doesn't really photograph well on a bad phone camera! Then we made our way out of Hollywood Studios.

(We call Kyle's pants Jorts by Kyle™ since he cut them off himself. I think you can tell. I was so mad he wore these this day since we had met princesses.)

Last edited:
We didn't have to wait to long before the show, which was actually pretty darn funny! I was really shocked at how good it was and was probably the surprise highlight of the day. I don't know if it would be as enjoyable the second time if the jokes are pretty similar, but I really liked it for a first time.

Fun day! You guys got lots done, though too bad about Tower of Terror. But I totally agree about Monster's Inc--definitely a surprise highlight. So funny! I stumbled into it 'cause I was looking for a place to sit down and then just loved it. :)

Fun day! You guys got lots done, though too bad about Tower of Terror. But I totally agree about Monster's Inc--definitely a surprise highlight. So funny! I stumbled into it 'cause I was looking for a place to sit down and then just loved it. :)
We certainly did get a lot done. It was not a busy day at the MK at all. I'm glad someone else likes the Laugh Floor. :)

Day 4 Part 1 -- Lend me your Ear(s)
We ended our Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios day by heading back to the resort for dinner at Sassagoula Floatworks, the delicious food court at POFQ. I got a spicy chicken sandwich of some kind. The only thing I didn't like about the meal was the coleslaw. I had a really lovely conversation with the girl who made Jacob's po' boy. She was a CP CM from Seoul. I talked to her about our favorite Korean Pop bands. Her favorite is Big Bang, but mine is SHINee, but we both like both groups so we had a lot to talk about. Unfortunately, since that conversation, one of the members of SHINee had killed himself. Sometimes, I think of that CM and wonder if she was sad about it too . . .

Anyway, the next morning we skipped breakfast at the resort in favor of grabbing a delicious breakfast in Animal Kingdom. More on that later.

We look happy, yet tired at the front gates of the park. And around this point, we made what Kyle would call a game time decision. He really wanted to ride Splash Mountain, which had just reopened that day after some refurbishment. So we were going to be a little hurried that day to make it to MK in time to ride before having to go to Disney Springs for dinner. Whew. But, after the Tower of Terror debacle, I wanted to make sure Kyle got to do what he wanted today.
Our first order of business, of course, was to head with the rest of the huddled mass of human cattle into Pandora for a rope drop ride on Navi River Journey.

We waited no time at all for our very short ride. I have no strong feelings one way or the other about this ride, really, (animatronic is amazing and freaky, the creatures and plants are truly beautiful, but overall the ride is kind of. . . boring). I took a few photos on the ride, but none of them really turned out. But Pandora was truly beautiful on this clear morning and I managed a photo or two of the valley. I thought the landscape was somehow surreal and believable all at once. And we actually made it off of Navi River Journey before the park technically opened, so it made the experience all the better.

It was not even 9am yet and we were off to a second rope drop at the edge of Asia to go ride Kali River Rapids. It wasn't open yet so. . . Expedition Everest. We walked past the loud monkeys swinging around and then we got to meet the Yeti!

This ride is awesome! Definitely the best roller coaster in WDW in my opinion and I really loved passing under the big yeti. Very fun.
At this point, I forgot my Minnie Mouse ears on the ride, but didn't realize until a little later. . .
So, Kali was still not open. I figured we could knock out It's Tough to be a Bug. Waste of time, I didn't even take any pictures. This attraction is a blight on an otherwise perfect park. The 3D has not held up at all over the years and I have to be honest, Flick is not really a charming or likable character. The show is gross. Sorry if you're a huge Bug's Life fan, I obviously am not. In fact, this ride makes me like the movie even less!
With Kali River Rapids STILL closed, we took the opportunity to go meet our favorite mouse couple. Honestly, this took a while as the line had already built up. But it was well worth the wait. I love this couple.

I really like these photos! And I love their festive outfits as well. The backdrop is awesome. Just a really great meet and greet experience.
Now at this point, I realized I had forgotten my ears. So I figured the boys could get some Flame Tree Barbecue snacks while I ran back to EE to get my ears. Neither of these missions went very well. The boys pretty quickly realized that Flame Tree hadn't opened for lunch yet, and I realized the cast members at EE had no idea what they were doing. So the CM at the FP line told me to go to the part of the gift shop where everyone exits the ride and that there would be a CM there to grab them for me. I went to that person and she referred me to the check out counter for the gift shop. I then waited in the check out line at the gift shop and they directed me back to the other CM. I said, "but they told me to come here?" And I was a little frustrated. But the gift shop CM walked me over to make sure the ride operating CM grabbed my ears for me. UGH. It really made me feel stupid for forgetting them in the first place.

I got back to the boys on Discovery Island to find they had had no luck with food, but were still having a good time browsing the shops. And finally, on the MDE app, we saw that Kali River Rapids was open, so we made our way there and thru a short line. We didn't get that wet or anything, and it seems kind of short. But it was really fun. I always have the best time laughing when the strangers in the raft get splashed or soaked. I am okay with the fact that this kind of makes me sound like a bad person. :P

Next up was our first Fast Pass for the Kilimanjaro Safari, but if you're really an astute reader, you'll note we hadn't eaten anything yet. We followed our noses in Africa to those delicious, giant, serves 2 cinnamon rolls, shaped like Mickey's head. We took a rest and ate these. Jacob and I shared one. Kyle enjoyed one all on his own. This is the first cinnamon roll I have ever had in my life that tasted as good as it looked.

On to see some animals!

I think this shot of the Elephant may be the best we got on this ride.

But for some reason, I really like this picture of the flamingos too.

After a great ride on the safari, what would be next?

Last edited:
Such a fun morning! And now I'm hungry for cinnamon rolls. :) Glad you got your ears back!

Fun report!
We were there almost the same dates (11/12-20). It was our first time being there in November and we really loved it!

y of how Rapunzel was nowhere to be found. He asked me who was there to replace her. And when I told him it was Ariel, he became very flustered. He complained that the mermaid version of Ariel was in her grotto and that there was no way she could be at the princess hall, with her feet no less, at the same time. I tried to keep it light, and joked that her father, King Triton, must have been helping her out.
Man, I feel like he could get fired for saying such things in Disney! It's disney slander! ;)

And sure enough, right as it was their turn, the little boy fell and started sobbing. Then he refused to be in a picture with her. It was great.
Ha. this is why we stopped at 2 children. You are out numbered with the 3rd!

I feel like the repeat factor is the issue with this attractions. It was super funny for us too but the second time just not so much...

I almost had a good time!
Ha!

This ride is awesome! Definitely the best roller coaster in WDW in my opinion and I really loved passing under the big yeti.
We totally agree!

I love the ears! Where did you get them?

But the gift shop CM walked me over to make sure the ride operating CM grabbed my ears for me. UGH. It really made me feel stupid for forgetting them in the first place.
So, where you able to get them back?

We followed our noses in Africa to those delicious, giant, serves 2 cinnamon rolls, shaped like Mickey's head.
We wanted to get this, this past trip, but I made the mistake of saying that we would come back and get it. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter