“Let’s Bring It Back from the Beginning, Start from the Top!” A Nov 2017 TR COMPLETED 7/15/18

Was it scarier being by yourselves? Or was it just weird.
Just weird, really. It was almost kind of awkward since you know, the speech about moving to the center of the room doesn't make a lot of sense. LOL.

I think I want to see Flower & Garden.
I do too! Someday.

Oh no, that's horrible about the robbery! I hope you had a good trip to London though!
Thank you. Our trip to London was nice. We didn't do much in the way of sight-seeing, but spent a lot of time meeting people and eating. LOL.

Oh no! I'm so sorry--that absolutely sucks!! Hopefully London was good, and don't worry, we're all here no matter when you continue. We're patient. :)
Thank you for continuing to read and keep up with me. I appreciate you!

Day 7 Part 1 -- BREAD
The next morning we made our way back to Epcot to start our last Disney day. We were originally planning to go to Test Track for rope drop, but having ridden it on our second day, and not really caring that much for it, Jacob and I decided to ride Mission Space again instead.

I will say, on an empty stomach, the intense mission is a little more nauseating, but it's still not that bad, really.
After this, we headed to the "big blue world" for the Nemo ride.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/JJAHL8]

[/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JJAJmX]

It was alright, the best part obviously being the end with the screens overlayed on the windows in the aquarium. It's cool to see Dory and Merlin swimming in the tank. We spent a few minutes after the ride walking around the Living Seas pavilion and looking at the fishies. Then I was pretty hungry and I had been fantasizing about our breakfast all week.
So we went on our way toward France!

These pastries were delicious. The chocolate croissant was actually better at POFQ's food court, but it was still really really good. If you cannot tell, we also had the bacon cheese roll and the ham and cheese croissant. Really, a bready breakfast. But it was so good.
After our Parisian breakfast, we were actually kind of in a rush for our first fast pass, which was for Soarin.
But we made it, just in time.

This ride, we had to endure the really bad distortion. Where you sit in the Soarin' theater REALLY impacts the ride experience. I'm not sure it's worse, but it's definitely unintentionally funny. There's something humorous about the Eiffel tower collapsing under you as you soar in the sky. The Pyramids, the Taj Mahal, all bending down under your feet. It's weird, but almost poetic.
After Soarin', it was immediately time for our next fast pass. Luckily, they were neighbors!

Next update, I'll pick up with my experience on Livin' with the Land, since I actually remembered to take photos this time![/url]

Day 7 Part 2 -- Something's Wrong with My Head
Where we last left off, we were learning how to live with the land.

After our agricultural tour, we made our way into the past, and then our future on Space Ship Earth. This was our final fast pass of the day.

The crowds were so high now that the fast pass line was backed up. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to scan our fast pass until it had already expired, but it was fine.

Our ancient friends. :)

As you can see, in the future, our heads will be very misshapen. Haha. This ride technology isn't quite there yet, but it's always fun to see how much of an abomination you'll turn out looking like.
I think it is appropriate that our final ride in Epcot would be on the ride inside the park's icon. But just because we wouldn't ride anything else in the park, that didn't mean our Epcot fun was over just yet. We still had some things to see!

Day 7 Part 3 -- Impressions de Napping
After our look at the future, it was time for lunch at perhaps our most anticipated, and most disappointing ADR of the trip: Akershus!

The wait for our table was long and hot, but once inside, we immediately met a princess!

Belle was REALLY pretty, but she had THE fakest laugh. I hated it. I can't even remember what she talked about. Something about the Beast giving her books, maybe? But her laugh almost sounded mean? I tried to not overthink it and just enjoy the cold appetizer buffet.

I really loaded up my plate, and I'm glad I did since this was the best part of the meal, in my opinion.
The first princess to visit us was Aurora. And she looked really familiar. Like another blonde-haired princess I had met before. Hmmmm... See if you notice the resemblance.

I was almost certain Rapun--I mean Aurora recognized us too, but obviously, she didn't say anything.
Next up was Cinderella. She was not nearly as chatty as she had been the night before.

Snow White came next and she was my favorite. She seemed the most princess-y to me. She was really sweet and had a naturally kind face.

Finally, Ariel visited.

All of the princesses came to us before our entrees did.
I got the meatballs.

And of course, they were served with mashed potatoes. Didn't want to leave Disney without at least one more serving of my favorite smashed root vegetable.
I liked the meatballs okay. They weren't that hot really, and I hated the berry sauce with it. I like fruity and meaty flavors together, but with the gravy too, it was all too much.
This is what Jacob got. Some kind of crazy sampler thing.

He didn't like his much either.
And here were the desserts:

They were all just alright. Nothing memorable. I hate that the only meal I got good pictures of was the one meal I really didn't enjoy. But that's life!
After this meal, we headed out into the world showcase.

We made our way to France eventually, for a special film: Impressions de France.

The waiting area was calm and well air conditioned. The inside of the theater had comfortable seats and having eaten a full meal. . . The relaxing sounds of the french classical music and the scenic views of the beautiful French countryside put me to sleep. So I can say that I really haven't seen Impressions de France. I have heard it, and imagined it in my dreams, though, and that counts for something.
We finished our tour of the World Showcase with one final film, but this one you stand for, so no nap for me. O Canada, with the ever funny (not really) Martin Short.

I grabbed a Duffy puppet thing on a stick in one of the Kidcot locations on the way out, which I then carried with me for the rest of the day. And we were out of Epcot, and on our way to our next park. . .

Bummer about Akershus disappointing you! The menu has never appealed to me, so we haven't done it, but it always sucks when you're really looking forward to something and then it's not as good as you hoped. But looks like you guys had fun with the princesses, fake laugh aside :) And the rest of your Epcot day sounds fun--I may have to add Impressions of France to our plans, if only for a nap! :)

Bummer about Akershus disappointing you! The menu has never appealed to me, so we haven't done it, but it always sucks when you're really looking forward to something and then it's not as good as you hoped.
Well, on the bright side, we can try something different next time! If we had loved everything we ate, then we might want to just go back to all the same places again.

Day 7 Part 4 -- Rivers of Light Reviewed
We made in to Animal Kingdom in plenty of time to get on Primeval Whirl, which I managed to snag a 4th Fast pass for. We therefore stopped to get some photos in front of their Christmas tree.

I'm making a sort of goofy face because a little girl of the family taking pictures before us wouldn't stop posing for the photographer, so she's actually standing beside us here, but the photo pass woman cropped her out. LOL. Her mom was finally able to convince her daughter that she didn't need to be in random stranger's vacation photos.

We made our way into the park properly and through the Oasis and saw a cute little deer friend on the way.

And then we hopped on Primeval Whirl with our fast pass!

Some people call it Primeval Hurl, but I think it's fun enough.
Finding Nemo the musical is nearby Primeval Whirl and we wanted to see it before Rivers of Light. We were catching the final show of the evening.

I really like the theater because I feel like there really isn't a bad view of the stage. The show was really, really good. And complicated with puppetry and acrobatics. I didn't like all the songs, though. The songs Nemo sings are especially annoying because of his voice. But otherwise, it's an amazing show which does a great job of recapping the movie in shorter period of time.
Now we didn't have much time before River of Lights was to begin. We got some pulled pork cheese fries from Flame Tree BBQ before the show, which were pretty darn good. We then made our way into the amphitheater. I can agree pretty wholeheartedly with anyone who says that the seats are not very comfortable. But I disagree with anyone who says that the show is boring. The show is stunning and beautiful, from the time you get in the theater. They project animal silhouettes on the tree line behind the water and there are fireflies as well. Then once the show begins...

Pictures do not do the show justice at all. At a certain point they use water projections to convey tigers (and other animals) jumping from lotus to lotus and the projections are so crisp and clear. It's amazing. Jacob liked the show so much that he bought a pin to commemorate it.

We got a picture in front of the tree of life, which we hadn't managed to do yet. Then we wandered into Pandora to see if it lives up to the hype. . .

Pretty... but black lights are nothing new. It doesn't feel that special that the plants glow when my white shoes also glow. Haha.

So with that, we headed out of Animal Kingdom to end our day, and our vacation for that matter, at Magic Kingdom.

Day 7 Part 5 -- Goodbye for Now
We probably got back to the Magic Kingdom around 8 or a little after and decided to just hang around Main Street until Happily Ever After. We had considered going to Gaston's Tavern to get the warm Cinnamon Roll, but we weren't hungry yet and so decided we would wait. That, my friends, is called a mistake.
But nevertheless, we had an even better time watching Happily Ever After on this evening. I was wearing long pants and a jean jacket, so I wasn't nearly as cold. And, despite the fact that we didn't camp out nearly as long as we had the night before, we actually had a better view.

When the show was over, we agreed we really only had one thing we wanted to do... Take a final spin on Haunted Mansion.

That was 4 rides on it by the end of the trip. And we loved it.
We were finally hungry, but as it turns out, after 11, Gastons's Tavern AND Pecos Bill's are closed. So we went to the one place that was still open, and we were totally pleased with it anyway, (though I really wanted the Country Bears Souvenir Jug).

I really enjoyed my corn dog nuggets. I would recommend them, especially as a late night meal.
At this time, my phone really and truly DIED. I couldn't get it to charge anymore. It was thoroughly deceased. The last thing I ever did with the phone was take a photo in Casey's Corner.
We wandered in Main Street at this time and used up the rest of our snack credits, not that we had that many left.

Then we made our way out--sadly. We took a few last photos on DH's phone as we made our way out of the gates.

The next morning we woke up early, sorted our luggage, got a final breakfast in the food court--for me, Mickey Waffles, of course--and took out ride on the tragical express to MCO. By the way, our bus driver had the coolest name--Solomon Occulis. I would have appreciated it more had I not been so sad. But after 7 days in the parks, I was tired and ready to come home to my puppy!

What we thought would be a one-time trip, though, turned out to be just the beginning for us. We knew once we were there, that we would absolutely want to return.

It is with excitement that I inform you that (tentatively) we have a new trip in the works for January 2019!! Pre-trip report coming soon!

Thank you for following along with us on this trip and I hope you'll join us again and again!!!

We probably got back to the Magic Kingdom around 8 or a little after and decided to just hang around Main Street until Happily Ever After. We had considered going to Gaston's Tavern to get the warm Cinnamon Roll, but we weren't hungry yet and so decided we would wait. That, my friends, is called a mistake.

LOL Ain't that the truth--always go get a cinnamon roll when you first think of it! :)

What we thought would be a one-time trip, though, turned out to be just the beginning for us. We knew once we were there, that we would absolutely want to return.

It is with excitement that I inform you that (tentatively) we have a new trip in the works for January 2019!! Pre-trip report coming soon!

Disney sucks you in! That's what happened with us--we went once and now we're going back. Can't wait to read your PTR. :)

You guys looked like you had a great trip and lots of fun. I enjoyed reading about it--you have a great voice. :) Can't wait to migrate over to read your PTR!

I just read through this whole thing! Hahaha!

I Loved it! But I am so sad for you about the break in. How crummy.

I totally wish my husband would fall in love with WDW, but he only tolerates it :).

Anyway, I have really enjoyed your TR and I look forward to reading more in the future!!!

I just read through this whole thing! Hahaha!

I Loved it! But I am so sad for you about the break in. How crummy.

I totally wish my husband would fall in love with WDW, but he only tolerates it :).

Anyway, I have really enjoyed your TR and I look forward to reading more in the future!!!

Wow! Thanks for reading through the whole thing. I know, the break in sucked. But, as I told me hubby, as long as the doggy's okay, I'm okay. And the doggy wasn't even home when it happened!

My husband is easily influenced. . . at least by me. He never used to like roller coasters, and now he loves them. Disney was not a hard sell though. He kind of just does what I want to do and if I'm happy, he's happy. Haha.

Disney sucks you in! That's what happened with us--we went once and now we're going back. Can't wait to read your PTR. :)

You guys looked like you had a great trip and lots of fun. I enjoyed reading about it--you have a great voice. :) Can't wait to migrate over to read your PTR!
It was so fun having you along reading. I appreciate that you enjoy my "voice." Disney knows how to get its hook in you... and your wallet. That's for sure!

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing!! I just read through your whole trip over the last couple days. Sounds like you had a great time! Definitely makes me eager to return. We are finally going during Christmas time and I'm looking forward to the party. You guys did the majority of what we want to get done so I'm hopeful it is doable. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts