“Life is Grand, it Yacht to be, we are at Disney! 1/29 New TR link, a question, and this TR is complete!

Although I haven't experienced the infamous picture box yet, I really don't like the idea. But I guess I should experience it first before being too judgmental. I just think the photographers made it a better experience.
I agree with you! The box photography is a cop out on Disney’s part!
Would you believe I still haven't signed up for Disney Plus!
I plan on getting it this month, before the holidays. So I have more time to watch.
We love it, I bought it with the D23 promo and so worth it!
How strange. I had never heard of this before. I've been to Sci Fi twice - once with my parents so there was 6 of us and the other time with my SIL and we had 5 in the party. We had a full car both times.
Sci Fi for me is just OK.
The hitch hiking is definitely a thing with just 2 people. We have not minded this at all. As you know the cars are hard to visit in so we can easily keep to ourselves. We have always enjoyed Sci-Fi, it is one of our favorites.

I didn’t realize you all celebrated Thanksgiving, that’s cool!
::yes::
Except ours is in October.
Maybe because Fall starts earlier up here?
It is the infamous box. It was distracting. This was the only one we came across during the trip. There is much controversy over these. A money saver measure at Disney? I don’t agree with this move and it also is unfair to the PhotoPass CM’s!
Huh! I had no idea. And... yeah... I don't like it.
The Chunky dump lives on! :rotfl:
:laughing:

It was extra magic hour at MK and we were ready, except the monorail wasn’t, oh no, this really delayed our early start. We had to take a bus and the security at MK was so busy this morning. Tomorrow Land was our first stop and it was about 8:10 as we made our way to Buzz. We did Buzz twice, the second time Andi was a galactic hero, yay, again, happy for her.:sad2: This ride makes me happy. I honestly have no idea what I am doing on it and I still love it.
Love the ride pic and how much fun the two of you have together!
We stopped at the tangled bathroom and then lined up for HM. We were the second group to get on the ride this morning. We did better with the picture here. We enjoyed our ghostly trip.
Great HM shot!
We decided to head out of the very busy park. We took the boat back to the GF. This was a nice relaxing ride as well. I was feeling more zen after CoP, PM, and the boat ride.
Ugh, crowds!
Andi was able to substitute the curry chicken salad with another vegetarian choice. Well, everything arrived all at once literally 2 minutes after the tea and then we never saw our waitress again. It was the famous Disney disappearance of the wait staff!

My favorite finger sandwich is the chicken curry and the cucumber one. I also love the scone with the clotted cream, lemon cream, and jelly. The onion tart is really yummy as well. Andi and I both chose the parfait with the fresh strawberries for our dessert. We really enjoyed our afternoon high tea. We made sure to have pinky out when drinking the tea. The service was initially very rushed and then basically non existent so definite negative for me.😞
So sorry to hear you had such bad service!
After a brief rest in our room, we headed to DHS. We had dinner plans here and fast pass for a few favorites. We arrived around 3:30pm. Our first stop was the ToT. We got in quickly with our pass. It was a fun ride as usual. I love the ability to check out GE up in the tower. I am usually screaming so when I actually have my eyes open to look around, wow, very cool!
Awesome!
It was time for our next FP and it was on slinky dog. I made Andi take a less than flattering picture of me doing the chunky dump at the Pixar ball. :scared1: She thought I was crazy and quickly took the picture, haha!
Haha!
A miracle happened next, Andi agreed to do the Frozen sing along, it was the last show. We got right in. Andi thought it was fine. I find it very entertaining. I had a good laugh. I think we did this before our ST ride.
I love the Frozen Sing a Long!
The family we hitched a ride with in the diner was from Britain and very nice. I do believe they were a little shocked we would be sitting in the back of the car. I don’t believe they understood the whole hitchhiking thing. After their initial surprise, we all went back to chilling in the drive in. Andi and I love this place. It is truly an oasis from the hustle of the park.
Love Sci-Fi too....my boys really enjoy it as well. :)

Right! She claims she has but she has only given me tiny little hints, not the important ones:laughing:
:sad2: :laughing:

I love the ability to check out GE up in the tower. I am usually screaming so when I actually have my eyes open to look around, wow, very cool!
I so rarely even remember to look - I'm usually screaming or petrified I'll get sick :rotfl2:

I wanted to check out some SW memorabilia for Jack, he loves SW and Luke’s lightsaber. I sent him a few pictures!
Do you think SWGE will ever get Jack to Disney again?!

I love Sci-Fi so much! The food hasn't always been the best there (although I consistently LOVE their milkshakes and burgers), but the atmosphere is just SO cool, it's still one of my faves! :thumbsup2 Love the PP photo outside in the car - I've never seen a photographer there either? Odd that Disney would give you one there, but take a picture from a box with your meet with Chewie :confused3:laughing:

Love the ride pic and how much fun the two of you have together!
We love Buzz, even though I don’t know what I am doing :rotfl:
Great HM shot!
:thanks:
So sorry to hear you had such bad service!
I know, the tea itself would have been just perfect if the service was better!
love the Frozen Sing a Long!
Love Sci-Fi too....my boys really enjoy it as well. :)
I know it gets mixed reviews but we have always loved it. The ambiance is wonderful
I so rarely even remember to look - I'm usually screaming or petrified I'll get sick
That is usually me, I am getting better on this one!
Do you think SWGE will ever get Jack to Disney again?!
I really do! He has been viewing many you tube videos and he really wants to see the land! He wants to build a lightsaber. We may go January 2021, it would be Jack, Andi, my sister, and me!
love Sci-Fi so much! The food hasn't always been the best there (although I consistently LOVE their milkshakes and burgers), but the atmosphere is just SO cool, it's still one of my faves! :thumbsup2 Love the PP photo outside in the car - I've never seen a photographer there either? Odd that Disney would give you one there, but take a picture from a box with your meet with Chewie
I agree, the whole drive in atmosphere makes me happy. We have always enjoyed the food for the most part and we love the shakes! Good thinking Tracy regarding the photo opportunities, you should work for Disney!
think that's the one we're looking into...
If it is you will love it!

Today is Saturday 8/23/19............

It was another hot day, can you believe it? Today was going to start with a tour I had booked in Epcot. The tour is called DestiNations Discovered. This is a 4-5 hour walking tour of the WS.
We were up early and ready to go, I did munch on more cheesecake and magic bar, thank goodness I don’t have Diabetes, yet! Sugar breakfasts are the best. I decided to take a Lyft to Epcot for the ease and getting there on time.
We got to the park around 8am, checked in at the gates and into an empty park we went. It is lovely to look around an empty park. I took a few pictures and we went to check in at the pin trading area. We got a name tag, hearing device, and bottled water. Our tour guide was Kiersha, she was very bubbly and excited at 8:15am. Here are a few pictures of an empty Epcot.
IMG_Dec52019at75041PM.jpg
IMG_Dec52019at75146PM.jpg

IMG_Dec52019at75335PM.jpg

As we checked in, I saw Meghan and N, they were also doing a tour around this same time. We said hello and she offered to get a picture of Andi and I at the fountain. She had done a tour with Kiersha before and told us she is a great tour guide!
Fountain picture, thanks @MeghanEmily
IMG_Dec52019at75238PM.jpg

I believe there was around 8 of us doing the tour. A family of 4, Andi and I, a couple, and a solo guy. It was nice to have a small group. Our tour started in the area between Mexico and Canada. The guide talked about how WS came to be and the importance of fountains in each country. I don’t want to go into to much detail, in case, readers want to do this tour. I will say it is a wonderful tour and I would highly recommend it! I learned so many interesting things about the WS. We started in Mexico and visited each country, talking the whole way about the unique things to each country. We did go behind the scenes in Norway and the Outpost area. We saw the Illumination equipment and how areas behind the scenes, which maybe seen by guests, are made to look like the front of the buildings.
Mexico
IMG_Dec52019at75439PM.jpg
Norway
IMG_Dec52019at75532PM.jpg
China
IMG_Dec52019at75717PM.jpg

Right before Germany, we went backstage and toured the 12,000 square foot state of the art kitchen. This was really amazing. The executive chef Mike, who has been with WDW for over 30 years, gave us a tour. This kitchen was massive and so busy. The staff were prepping for F&W, this would be starting in 5 days. I have a new appreciation for Epcot and how much prep goes into these festivals! Mike told us, how we the guests, let them know loud and clear when we love something and when we dislike something! Can you believe, they sell over 250,000 beef dishes and beer cheese soup at the Canadian booth each F&W festival. We were able to go into a huge walk in freezer and learned the very strict food handling procedures that Disney upholds. I really enjoyed this portion of the tour. We each got a cookie from Chef Mike before moving on.
IMG_Dec52019at80118PM.jpg

We stopped in a closed Biergarten to have a snack, this was nice, very simple, but hit the spot. It was cheese, crackers, fruit, and bottled water. After our little rest, we ventured on and learned more about the next set of countries.
We saw how force perspective is used in the countries and how even Imagineers can make mistakes in certain design features.
Along the way, we were told how the restaurants in each country have stories of there own. Via Napoli is actually designed after an Italian family’s horse barn! I had no idea. La Hacienda is designed after a couple’s home in Mexico, she was an artist and he was a chef. I definitely got this when we ate there the next evening!
France is the only country that represents only one city from the country, which of course is Paris! The buildings backstage in France are all painted because these can be seen by the Epcot resorts.
There is so much wonderful information on this tour and you do spend a good amount of time in each country before the crowds start showing up! Our tour guide really explained everything so well. She also gave us an in depth meaning of Illuminations and how it brings all the children of the world together. This made me sad since Illuminations was ending. Illuminations was the first night time spectacular I had ever seen. I grew up in a small town and seeing this in my early 20’s was absolutely amazing! My sister and I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was.
The tour ended in Canada around 12:45pm. We got a pin which compliments the pin we got on the Future World tour.
IMG_Dec52019at81221PM.jpg

IMG_Dec52019at81315PM.jpg

Both Andi and I thoroughly enjoyed this tour. We were also given a VIP Spot for Illuminations that evening. We just needed to gave our name and we could watch from the Italy water front area.
Here are some pictures from around the world, I will continue the pictures In the next post!
If you don’t have trouble walking and standing for 4-5 hours I would do this tour!! So worth the price and you do get a Disney Visa or AP discount if you have either.
If anyone has questions let me know.......

As we checked in, I saw Meghan and N, they were also doing a tour around this same time. We said hello and she offered to get a picture of Andi and I at the fountain. She had done a tour with Kiersha before and told us she is a great tour guide!
Fountain picture, thanks @MeghanEmily

No problem! It was nice to run into you again for a minute!

I will say it is a wonderful tour and I would highly recommend it! I learned so many interesting things about the WS.

Oh I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it! We have it booked in two weeks and I'm really looking forward to it.

Can you believe, they sell over 250,000 beef dishes and beer cheese soup at the Canadian booth each F&W festival.

Wow!! :eek:

We got a pin which compliments the pin we got on the Future World tour.
IMG_Dec52019at81221PM.jpg

Oh this is a pretty pin! You're right, it goes so nicely with the Future World one. I hope they still do this when we go on the tour, and that there's VIP viewing for EPCOT Forever since Illuminations is no more. :(

It was another hot day, can you believe it?
Hot? In Florida? In August???
I find that hard to believe.

:rolleyes:
The tour is called DestiNations Discovered.
I've never heard of this one.
I did munch on more cheesecake and magic bar, thank goodness I don’t have Diabetes, yet!
:laughing:
Our tour guide was Kiersha, she was very bubbly and excited at 8:15am.
Did you want to throttle her?
As we checked in, I saw Meghan and N, they were also doing a tour around this same time.
Oh! Nice! :)
I will say it is a wonderful tour and I would highly recommend it!
Sounds good. :) I'm intrigued.
The executive chef Mike, who has been with WDW for over 30 years, gave us a tour.
30 years! Whoa! Great guy to give you a tour!
Mike told us, how we the guests, let them know loud and clear when we love something and when we dislike something!
:laughing: I believe that!
Can you believe, they sell over 250,000 beef dishes and beer cheese soup at the Canadian booth each F&W festival.
:faint:
We were able to go into a huge walk in freezer and learned the very strict food handling procedures that Disney upholds.
This is comforting to know.
even Imagineers can make mistakes in certain design features.
Like what?
Via Napoli is actually designed after an Italian family’s horse barn! I had no idea.
Neither did I. Huh!
France is the only country that represents only one city from the country, which of course is Paris!
She also gave us an in depth meaning of Illuminations and how it brings all the children of the world together.
Or used to. Not so much anymore...
If anyone has questions let me know.......
So if the tour started at 8:15 and WS is open at 11... how difficult was the tour to navigate towards the end?

The tour sounds incredible! Since living abroad I have a new appreciation for the World Showcase, and hearing in-depth stories about each pavilion sounds like an incredible opportunity. I wrote the name down on my ever-growing list of "Things to Do When I'm Not with the Kids." :rotfl:

Sorry to hear your server at the GF tea delivered everything at once then disappeared. Makes you feel rushed when everything arrives at the same time.

It's such a struggle to book Fastpasses at DHS, especially when it comes to TSL. My youngest prefers Alien Swirlings Saucers, my oldest TSMM, and us adults SDD. Somebody is always going to be upset with the selection!

Thanks for recommendation on tour . I have done the Future World one and this has been on my list to do . It is now moving up the list to a must do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!